Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (56418 Views)

Viral Video Of Men Crossing The Sahara Desert To Reach Europe (video) / Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / Haunting Photos Of Canary Islands Covered In Toxic Ash After Volcanic Eruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by adontcare(f): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
TerrorSquad147:
you may be right you know?? Btw, did you study geology?
read a lot of books on geography
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
Most people like dey form sharp for this Nairaland,even if sexybbstar dey wrong, most of them just dey join bandwagon insult her and no be say them sef sabi Jack about wetin dey happen o.... just free her since it's what she believes in, no dey join opposition all the time if u no get ur own points. God bless una.
grin grin leave them jare.. They think I will modify my comment. Even if the cause is natural, I will still keep in saying that strange things are happening in the world now. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Pecca: 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
Continental Shift
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
20 mentions?.... grin grin. I am sleeping here, unknown to me that my mentions are piling up. Weldone.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

grin grin leave them jare.. They think I will modify my comment. Even if the cause is natural, I will still keep in saying that strange things are happening in the world now. Thanks for the mention.
ah...ko to Ope Ma .

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by SavageGarden(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
biacan:
But this is not the main Sahara desert nah.... this is the desert you'll see on the road before getting to ahgadaz but it's definitely hot..... the main desert it the one in "tibrakka" that's the den of thieves from allit to there do take 3 to 4 days in the desert only the strong survive in tibrakka that's where you'll see all this boko men face to face you just don't look them twice in the eyes if do oyo from tibbrakka to Libya is 40km where you pay to travel to Europe by sea grin grin biacan don see life ohhhh grin grin
Who send you message grin
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by clems88(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
If it ever snows in naija make I lay egg lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by hatedisplace: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:
In 2016, the town known as 'The Gateway to the Desert' saw deep snow shortly after Christmas and it caused chaos, with passengers stranded on buses after the roads became slippery and icy.

While Monday's snowfall was unusual, the town was covered in the white stuff last month, the third time in nearly 40 years.

A young resident is making the most of the rare snowfall while playing on the sand dunes

Locals poses for the camera while the snow keeps falling.

A child takes a tumble in the snow, exposing the red sand hidden underneath it
fake news
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Opoki(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Climate change... Snow in desert while the popular Venice river in Italy is dried.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by sirelexzy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
neloyah:
Meanwhile heat is here killing us in Nigeria sad !
summer here in algeria is also deadly�.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by sirelexzy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
sekem:
C'est magnifique!
tres magnifique frére
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Gudiza(m): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
If you like quote me and call me dumb or shortsighted.... The fact remains that the world is coming to an end. Strange things are happening everywhere. What seems impossible are now possible. Live your life as if you won't exist again the following day.

Strange things may be happening but that the world is 'coming to an end' is NOT a fact.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by koolg: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
If you like quote me and call me dumb or shortsighted.... The fact remains that the world is coming to an end. Strange things are happening everywhere. What seems impossible are now possible. Live your life as if you won't exist again the following day.

Why are you asking to be called dumb??
Anyway
So you're fvcking today as if you're dissolving tomorrow??
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Didi2d(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:
Locals were stunned to see snow on the sand dunes in the Sahara Desert today after it snowed in a small Algerian town for the second time this year.

Children could be seen playing on the snow-covered sand dunes just outside the town, while others posed on the snow to document the rare event.

The heavy snowfall makes the sand dunes look like snow-covered Alpine mountains

Snow was last seen in the town of Ain Sefra on February 18, 1979.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5357367/Sahara-Desert-town-snow-second-time-year.html

Love the sight of snow, though I have never seen it before.
I pray someday I will see it and play with it

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by sekem: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
sirelexzy:

tres magnifique frére

D'accord!
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
koolg:

Why are you asking to be called dumb?? Anyway So you're fvcking today as if you're dissolving tomorrow??
B Because you are the one fvcking me to know that right?
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:
Locals were stunned to see snow on the sand dunes in the Sahara Desert today after it snowed in a small Algerian town for the second time this year.

Children could be seen playing on the snow-covered sand dunes just outside the town, while others posed on the snow to document the rare event.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5357367/Sahara-Desert-town-snow-second-time-year.html
blood of migrants overflowing!
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
mecussey:

Yea ...in some million years to come, African continent will move towards Europe
not in a million years.. Africa moves towards Europe about 2cm or 2metres every year, I'm not sure about the exact measurement... it should be in a few thousand years probably
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by koolg: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

B
Because you are the one fvcking me to know that right?

It's just an inference from your assertion bae
But then bae I wouldn't mind being the one to do that forever till Christ calls us to glory
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
koolg:

It's just an inference from your assertion bae
But then bae I wouldn't mind being the one to do that forever till Christ calls us to glory

grin grin.. She's off market o
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by vicktwitt: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
kocvalour:
Seems 9ja is the new Sahara desert
SPONTANEOUS AND FUNNY
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mecussey(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Abajosax007:
not in a million years.. Africa moves towards Europe about 2cm or 2metres every year, I'm not sure about the exact measurement... it should be in a few thousand years probably

I dont know why e no be our generation...sun and heat don finish person here. Everybody just dey black

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by TheAlchemist: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
adontcare:
Continental drift

So when will the crude oil drift from south south to up North... So that North, East and West can go there separate ways.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by akigbemaru: 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:
In 2016, the town known as 'The Gateway to the Desert' saw deep snow shortly after Christmas and it caused chaos, with passengers stranded on buses after the roads became slippery and icy.

While Monday's snowfall was unusual, the town was covered in the white stuff last month, the third time in nearly 40 years.

A young resident is making the most of the rare snowfall while playing on the sand dunes

Locals poses for the camera while the snow keeps falling.

A child takes a tumble in the snow, exposing the red sand hidden underneath it
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by RearVoice: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
mecussey:

I dont know why e no be our generation...sun and heat don finish person here. Everybody just dey black
lol... wetin we go do na... God placed us here for a reason sha

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by babra19: 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:

At least make this climate change come change for Nigeria...make God take harmattan and give us snow...at least abroad no go dey hungry me go like that.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by GenghisAlexa1(m): 1:05am On Feb 08, 2018
Abajosax007:
this might be a result of climate change or due to the movement of the African continent towards north every year... if this continues for at least five years then I'll believe its a change in their climate... I hope it favours them though

This is the basis of my personal project. Everybody is complaining about the bad side of climate change instead of them to start positioning themselves for the good that would eventually come out of it. This is one, Antarctica is gonna defrost and reveal thousands of years worth of information and a new continent. The water levels would rise but the SIAL and SIMA are far less dense than water and would rise right back up real soon and it's gonna be very soft aka fertile. Agreed we might lose some geolocations to the flooding and all but if we prepare well and do some global damage control same way we do for the hurricanes, maybe we can save more of us. Sahara Just saw snow twice in a calendar year, Africa might actually come of this a cooler planet.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 08, 2018
GenghisAlexa1:

This is the basis of my personal project. Everybody is complaining about the bad side of climate change instead of them to start positioning themselves for the good that would eventually come out of it. This is one, Antarctica is gonna defrost and reveal thousands of years worth of information and a new continent. The water levels would rise but the SIAL and SIMA are far less dense than water and would rise right back up real soon and it's gonna be very soft aka fertile. Agreed we might lose some geolocations to the flooding and all but if we prepare well and do some global damage control same way we do for the hurricanes, maybe we can save more of us. Sahara Just saw snow twice in a calendar year, Africa might actually come of this a cooler planet.
As much as there will be a lot of good stuffs, I think there will be more damage to the world as we know it, there might be massive loss of lives, humans and animals inclusive. technology will be of immense help in managing and reducing the effects of climate change. countries like Netherlands are already building shields in the sea to protect their lands but we know majority of the world doesn't have access to clean water talk less state of the art technology and techniques to curb it for instance those little island countries in the Caribbeans, Solomon islands and new Zealand. let's hope your research will bring more illumination on it.. God's speed.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 3:29am On Feb 08, 2018
Sahara desert with that oyinbo baby?,No....
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by daveP(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
sexybbstar:

Lol... Yeah grin
I've missed you gaan. welcome back. don't pull a double o.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
daveP:
I've missed you gaan. welcome back. don't pull a double o.
Thank you... No I won't smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Lovers Die In A Motor Accident (Graphic Pictures) / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) / Share Your Testimony Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.