Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child (785 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / 'Come On! Let's Have A Little Sex' Church Themed Poster Sparks Reactions / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by mighty2: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
You can’t just be from Africa and not enjoyed
some fallacies when you were young, in fact you
would almost slap yourself in the later future
when you realize you have once been
brainwashed.
Superstitions in Nigeria is real, many of which we
even believe with our present age. And you cant
deny you have not been a victim of one or more.
Superstitions are mostly used by parents on their
children to give them either fear of a particular things
or used the idea to give children home training
because coming straight to Nigerian children doesn’t
work most times.
When I was young, I believed all my life that crying
at night would invite our village masquerade to come
and carry me away. So anytime I had reason to cry
at night, I always borrow myself some senses and
keep mute.
The day I realized the superstition to make kids stop
the habit of crying at night ehn. All the cries I don
stop because of the masquerade, I almost cry all that
cry that day.
That’s the power of Africans wisdom. So what about
you? What is that one superstition you believed 100%
when you were also young?
Drop your comments below and let’s have some
fun!!!
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by ibori1(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2018

I will b ryt back
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by mighty2: 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2018
front page: lalasticlala, mynd44
let us have fun this afternoon
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by dollytino4real(f): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
if u make ur parent angry and u tie two elephant grass they will 4get ur offences
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Sleekydee(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
if an infant is experiencing hiccups, pull a thread 4rm d Bby clothe n place it on d Bby head, d hiccup will vanish
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by MichaelBukamzy(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
1)if you whistle at night,it invites snakes.
2)if you did not wipe what you drew on the ground,at night ghosts will step on it and you will die.
3)when pesn bite you,and you rub am fowl shit,the pesn teeth go decay.
4)if you shit anyhow,and they pour am peper your nyash go peper u until u confess.
5)if you eat mango and drink coke,you will die.
6)Nigeria vs India 99:1
7)if your teeth fall,and u no throw am on top zinc make rat collet am give you new one,ur teeth no go grow again
coolif u see where fowl dey fight and you bury broom stick,Dem no go ever stop.
9)if you go out at night,bush baby go hypnotize you,carry you go ontop tree dey feed you ,nobody go see you.
10)when two people fight,no matter how Dem punch you reach,the pesn wey throw the other for ground,Na em win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by kevoh(m): 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
If I closed my eyes and mumble some words with the hope that one dead Nazarene Jew will listen and react positively to those words.
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by godisgood200: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
I believed that if i mistakenly swallow an Orange seed.it will germinate on top of my head.
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Emmytes(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
I believed that there was a sky daddy who got my back and that if I worshipped him I would Join him in heaven. I also believed that if I sinned, I would be thrown into a lake of fire for all eternity.
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by danvon(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
I believed spider man was real and if I touch electricity I will have super powers
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Lec25(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
kevoh:
If I closed my eyes and mumble some words with the hope that one dead Nazarene Jew will listen and react positively to those words.
Hey be careful don't just say thing you no nothing about
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by hopefulLandlord: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lec25:
Hey be careful don't just say thing you no nothing about
you have no idea how many times we wipe the floor with your skydaddy everyday
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by hopefulLandlord: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
I used to think I'll die instantly if I dare call Yahweh for what he is, nonexistent
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Epositive(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
I was told not pick up money from the ground, I might become yam or better still goat. shocked Later on, I believed urinating on the "supposed ritual money" would entirely neutralize it. shocked

Pregnant ladies(women) often avoid children stepping over their legs to prevent giving birth to their look-alike. undecided .
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Epositive:
I was told not pick up money from the ground, I might become yam or better still goat. shocked Later on, I believed urinating on the "supposed ritual money" would entirely neutralize it. shocked

Pregnant ladies(women) often avoid children stepping over their legs to prevent giving birth to their look-alike. undecided .

I was told never to look down between my two legs in public places like markets, crowds etc. That if I do I will see spirits and ghosts walking on their heads and they will give me a knock cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by Epositive(m): 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
efesodje:

I was told never to look down between my two legs in public places like markets, crowds etc. That if I do I will see spirits and ghosts walking on their heads and they will give me a knock cheesy
grin

Don't pick your fallen biscuits or sweet, the Devil has kissed it.
undecided

"Stop resting your legs on the wall while sleeping, only witches and wizard do that"., my mom advised me. shocked lol
Re: Let’s Have Fun: Mention One Stupid Superstition You Believed As A Young Child by ShadowFighter: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
efesodje:

Lmao....
I was told so, too.

(1) (Reply)

From Atheism To Christianity: How I Know God Exists / 100 Pieces Of Advice From The Qur'an / This Happens Every Time You Pray.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.