Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People (27362 Views)

Go With Your Official Cars, Ortom Tells Outgoing LG Chairmen / ‘ortom Is A Failure, We Won’t Miss Him’ – APC Tells Benue Governor / Killings: Buhari Tells Benue Leaders To Restrain Their People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Welder(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2018
And when anarchy blows, a state of emergency will be declared. The Fulani led FG and her security apparatus will take formal control of the state.

Please #prayforbenue

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by MENELIK11: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2018
LordAdam16:

Afonja, no body called your SW. I did not even mention the SW in my post. Busybody.

You guys have your hands full in Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, et cetera. Deal with that.

The same OPC and Afenifere that you guys were calling touts and corrupt elements in 2015 are the same people you're looking to fight for your lands and speak up. Confused people.

-Lord

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones, for going indirect is cowardice next time go direct for your Bleep up to be treated. Whatever happened in the SW is ours to deal with, we don't blame others for our issues, any incursion into Yoruba land will be taken care of by the Yoruba people no attachment required. We have the history of bravery.

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Unclerukus: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2018
plessis:
The yorubas are responsible for this.
Backstabbing and Deceit is in their blood. Even that Deceit shows in their marriages and any thing you do with them. Two-faced set of people. They should enjoy buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by LordAdam16: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2018
MENELIK11:

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones, for going indirect is cowardice next time go direct for your Bleep up to be treated. Whatever happened in the SW is ours to deal with, we don't blame others for our issues, any incursion into Yoruba land will be taken care of by the Yoruba people no attachment required. We have the history of bravery.

Na you force yourself enter my mention. My post did not reference SW. I only mentioned Tinubu and Osinbajo who everyone knows are playing politics with the lives of people.

I don't need to hear your chestbeating, I have better things to do. Why would you blame others for your issues when you know quite well what caused it. Did anyone force you to vote Buhari? Same Buhari that went to Oyo in the 2000's to query a sitting governor about an herdsmen conflict. See me ooo.

Oga, dey your lane.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by luluman: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2018
plessis:
The yorubas are responsible for this.
You have started been insane again.

2 Likes

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by GenAnsahCinC: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Buhari is not coming to defend you

Please defend yourselves

Let me ask again
Someone like Tuface idibia... Is he truly from Benue? undecided

Tu face conscience was bought by the FG. Remember when he wanted to embark on a mass protest against the FG? The FG called him and bought his conscience..
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by femifalade55(m): 11:31am On Feb 07, 2018
trutbetold:
Speak up sir, you're the chief security officer of Benue State. Let the people defend themselves from the blood suckling devils, called Fulani terrorist. Defend yourself my people.
Defend themselves with what, stones or stick?
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by MENELIK11: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2018
Unclerukus:
Backstabbing and Deceit is in their blood. Even that Deceit shows in their marriages and any thing you do with them. Two-faced set of people. They should enjoy buhari.

Nzeribe and Daniel Kanu come to mind
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Andy2274: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/06/defend-killerherdsmen-ortom-tells-benue-people/
. It is becoming too late for all these your noise. All what is happening in Benue state today is as a result of your negligence and tribal sentiment. When Agatu and other Idoma communities were been attacked and wipe out by these Buhari herdsmen, you said that Fulani herdsmen are our brothers and we should accept them. You remain mute on the issue. Now that it is affecting your Tiv people, you are showing concern and making noise. Remember what one Reverend Father told you that the stick they used to beat a slave is waiting for your biological children. Sentiment, greed, tribalism and negligence have cost you this.

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Switruth: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Told you guys that war is coming...... The same statement Odimegwu Ojukwu made when the Nigeria and Biafra war started.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by piagetskinner(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
I don't know y this idiotic miyetti Allah will not just let Benue people rest...

who's more important... miyetti or the Governor of Benue state
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by precious1967(m): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
Statement over due. well-done governor. eye for an eye, battle for battle.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by ogbunka: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
#NnamdiKanu Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014

“As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another.
No, they are coming to elevate Hausa-Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen to drive their ethnic domination of the Biafrans, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity, and their masters will protect them.
They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do not, believe me, will soon see it happen before their eyes.”

-Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Toktee(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
Castanea:

Atsa shawon kpa oragwei nana ya Tor hen Tar Tiv ga. Case closed.
Not even by mistake.

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by InfiniteLoopx: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
FriendofGod:

I have already blamed Buhari for being too exclusive and too quiet. It is merely an act of irresponsibility but he did give the IGP order to relocate to Benue. The IGP disobeyed an order. It is not something new. However, the president needs to wake up and be in charge. It is possible that he is being soft because Fulani is attached to the killers but in truth, he is just a reflection of how tribalistic the country is. Aside the Yorubas, Igbos are just as guilty. Many of them would protect a criminal as long as he is their kinsmen. Many of them, especially those on Nairaland, have no moral rights to condemn Buhari.
Must you bring in Igbos into this nonsense? What is wrong with you people angry
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by evexx1(f): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
The situation in Benue state is really sad.

If indeed Nigeria was a country, the President would have resigned since- I mean he is clearly incapable of protecting lives and property. What do we now need him for?

I strongly believe there is an agenda.

May God protect and comfort the people of Benue state. sad
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by juddy4life: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Serves you people right. The ibos who would have come to your rescue were the ones you helped your Fulani masters to massacre , before and during the war. Ntoooo. However, Tinubu who single - handedly brought in this govt to power should be blamed. The blood of these victims will hunt them till death. shocked
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by FriendofGod: 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
InfiniteLoopx:

Must you bring in Igbos into this nonsense? What is wrong with you people angry

We all know that Igbos make up a bulk part of Buhari's antagonists.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by nellyelitz(m): 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

The governor's hands are tied..what do you want him to do? Carry arms and fight Buharis brothers himself? It seems Buhari has federalized the police...Buhari is evil..
don't talk to cows
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Tecno66: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
Kc3000:

Police was always a federal force, they do not answer to the governors. We've seen instances where the FG has withdrawn the police detail of a governor, leaving him with no security. There's really nothing Ortom can do if the police and military refuse to act.
Ortom is doing good. He has decided to stand by his people instead of his party.

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by ikemesit4477: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Buhari is not coming to defend you

Please defend yourselves

Let me ask again
Someone like Tuface idibia... Is he truly from Benue? undecided
only tuface cannot do anything, check out ordinary protest he wanted to organised, nobody supported him, until he was force to shut up!
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by klbakare(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/06/defend-killer-herdsmen-ortom-tells-benue-people/
kindly trend this for me. If I were governor ortom, i will lead a protest at aso Rock the seat of power. Organize the people of my state, rich,poor,great and small and hold daily sit outs. We will not leave until Buhari is ready to discharge his duties.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by millionboi2: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
femidejulius:
I have always wonder at e-diots who call governor Chief Security of States.

Governor do not control the police,army,navy,air force,DSS,efcc,nia,civil defence corps,nothing. The constitution did not mention anywhere that they are chief security officer of their states.

Having established that, Nigeria need to be restructured so that there can be at least local government police, state government police and federal government police.

How do people defend themselves from Fulani militias whom we are told are well armed? How do we defend ourselves from the Fulani President who is obviously protecting his kinsmen by not doing enough?
he can arm dia youth.

See if na me b d governor,na buhari go dey beg to send security ppl come.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Godson1978: 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is what I have been saying. Men can do anything to get what they desire. Oh God thank u for giving the governor Ortom boldness to speak out. How will herdsmen threaten the life of a governor and nothing was done about it. If the govt play politics or tribe with this, it will get to a point when the govt will not be able to do anything. Do something fast before it is too late oh. God keep Nigeria.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by abbakacici: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Tecno66:
Ortom is doing good. He has decided to stand by his people instead of his party.
he just realize That 3 years has gone with nothing to show for it, thus he politicized herdsmen crisses thus by November his campaign will be about how the federal govt fail not how he fail
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by degamemaster(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Like play like play, the shithole country is fast drifting into anarchy and civil war is inevitable.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Chrisbeks: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
You won't see that foolish omenkalives and kyase on this post. Foolish zombies that lack common sense
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Obdk: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
Exodus 22:5 "If a man causes a field or vineyard to be grazed, and lets loose his animal, and it feeds in another man's field, he shall make restitution from the best of his own field and the best of his own vineyard.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by Obdk: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
Exodus 22:5 "If a man causes a field or vineyard to be grazed, and lets loose his animal, and it feeds in another man's field, he shall make restitution from the best of his own field and the best of his own vineyard.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by scobyhybrid(m): 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
Baawaa:
For real 99.9 percent of our politicians are useless,what is their primary assignment as Governors?

This may sound barbaric but do they think the government actually cares about their citizen. all of the minister are corrupt or they are to afraid of the people in power.

And the citizen shouldn't wait for the government to act before they do. it your life's in danger not the government. so you all need to act for yourselves before you become the victim of those good for nothing assholes.
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
femidejulius:
I have always wonder at e-diots who call governor Chief Security of States.

Governor do not control the police,army,navy,air force,DSS,efcc,nia,civil defence corps,nothing. The constitution did not mention anywhere that they are chief security officer of their states.
but he collects security vote abi

Having established that, Nigeria need to be restructured so that there can be at least local government police, state government police and federal government police.
Who is stopping the governors
Did structure stop tinubu from forming lastMA, yes o, o yes and the ones that year green in ogun state?
They are all not serious

How do people defend themselves from Fulani militias whom we are told are well armed?
Rat poison to eliminate cows
No cows no herds
Dane guns
Bows and arrows
Catapult
Spears
Cutlass
Pit traps
Fire bombs
Bottles can be thrown
Buy AK 47 where Fulani get their own
How do we defend ourselves from the Fulani President who is obviously protecting his kinsmen by not doing enough?
by doing the above and by voting
Re: Defend Yourselves Against Killer Herdsmen - Governor Ortom Tells Benue People by femidejulius(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
but he collects security vote abi

Who is stopping the governors
Did structure stop tinubu from forming lastMA, yes o, o yes and the ones that year green in ogun state?
They are all not serious

Rat poison to eliminate cows
No cows no herds
Dane guns
Bows and arrows
Catapult
Spears
Cutlass
Pit traps
Fire bombs
Bottles can be thrown
Buy AK 47 where Fulani get their own
by doing the above and by voting

So funny but I really love your submission. You made a few valid points.
Using catapult to fight group of insane guys is really a wonderful suggestion. Same as the use of bottles,cutlass and the others you mentioned. Purchase of AK 47 by poverty stricken crop farmers is just wonderful. Afterall,the gun cost less than a tin of milk. Yes O, Oyes and LASMA use guns abi?

The security vote is used or at least supposed to be used for helping the various federal government security agencies. All state government periodically buy vehicles and other properties and hand it over to the security agencies which they don't control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Releases Ibrahim Abubakar, Another Nigerian Held For Drugs / Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists / Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.