Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him (27058 Views)

Video, Pictures As Solomon Adeola (Yayi)'s Leads APC Rally In Ogun West / Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket / Olamilekan Adeola (Yayi) Declares For Ogun West Senatorial Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Maxymilliano(m): 10:26am On May 05, 2022
A Lagos West Senator, Solomon Adeola, on Wednesday, betrayed his emotions while receiving the senatorial expression of interest and nomination forms by some residents of Ogun West Senatorial District, Ogun State.

The presentation was made by the residents under the auspices of West to West for Dapo Abiodun in Adeola’s hometown in Ilaro, Yewa-North.

Presenting the form on behalf of the group, a member of the Governor Elders Forum, Chief Mufutau Ajibola, noted that the forms were purchased with the contributions from members of the group and sympathisers.

Ajibola said the fund was contributed by 71 people within 48 hours.

According to him, most of them were civil servants, professionals in the private sector, businessmen, community leaders and Ogun West indigenes in the diaspora.

He said, “Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, after the conclusion of the W2W4DA convergence and following the release of the guidelines for conduct of the primary election by the APC, some members of the W2W4DA movement and other sympathisers decided to come together to raise the money needed to procure the APC Senatorial Expression of Interest and Nomination forms, buy the forms and present same to Senator Adeola.

“A total of 71 people across the length and breadth of Ogun West, most of them here present cutting across public servants, professionals in the private sector, businessmen, community leaders and Ogun West indigenes in the diaspora voluntarily donated to fund the procurement of the forms, raising the needed amount under 48 hours between 3pm on Monday 18th and Wednesday 20th 2022.

“Just as we had young people in their 30s contributing, we also had elders in the 80s putting their hard-earned money into this project. This is an unprecedented feat signifying a new trajectory of collectivism and brotherhood in the Ogun West Senatorial District.”

The Senator, while receiving the forms, promised to serve the region diligently when he returned to the upper chamber as Senator representing Ogun West.

He said, “I thank God Almighty for a day like this. I am short of words. Today, I am more than happy and I am more than grateful to God for my people to have taken this bold step and to think that the best thing to do is to buy my nomination forms for the Senate of Ogun West. It is more than enough for me.

“I vividly remember when I decided to return home; it was tough. I asked myself that this I am about to do, is it the right thing or the wrong thing. Initially, when I saw the heavy resistance that was given to me across the length and breadth of my land, I was afraid when my people said I am not a Yewa man, that I am not from Yewa. I said why? All sort of lies, all sort of confusion everywhere.

“Even the then Governor sponsored my people against me. They told me that I am from Ekiti, that I am not from Yewa and they did that rigorously, campaigned with it, said all sorts of things about it. I now turned to be investigated.

“My people did not believe me. I had to go to other senatorial district, that is why you hear that Yayi is popular in other senatorial districts then because they believed in me that I was from Yewa. But today, my people have accepted the fact that I am from Yewa. I am now more popular in Yewa, Ogun West than any other state.”

Copyright PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/lagos-senator-weeps-as-ogun-residents-present-nomination-form/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1651738618-2

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Mooh247: 10:28am On May 05, 2022
tongue

Scammers

The hustle is real

Yayi is about to make a major political miscalculation, no matter how political Savy you think you are A Governor has all the power to cut you to size

Aregbesola tried taking back his grassroot structure at Alimosho after 8years in Osun and he got burnt badly

Sanwo-Olu going for second term means Hamzat is heading to Senate, Ambode joining the Senate race, Remi Tinubu leaving Senate... Lagos can't contain them all, they need to spread to Ogun

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Promicah: 10:30am On May 05, 2022
All I see here is a man crying for sending his younger brother to help him buy something with the money he gave him.

Quit this public charade. Nigerians are wiser than this.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 10:30am On May 05, 2022
Yayi should stay in Lagos state and allow the indigenes of Yewa to present credible candidate to represent them.

Since Yayi has been a senator in Lagos state, what exactly has he done to the people of Yewa in terms of projects and developments? SO he remember now that they exist as election is coming?

Well, he has no influence in Ogun politics not to talk of in Apc

If he can't cry us just a lagoon, he should forget it.. Rabbish

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by seunmsg(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2022
Politicians are good actors.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Maxymilliano(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2022
Crocodile tears ... Buhari wept more than this after the 2011 Presidential election just to play on our collective emotions only for Nigerians to weep in return after getting him to power in 2015

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by History555: 10:33am On May 05, 2022
Wait am confused from being a senator in lagos he wants to be a senator in ogun. Is this allowed. Wat sort of greed is this?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by alsudan: 10:33am On May 05, 2022
Na only you Waka come. Leaving Lagos as a Senator to invade Ogun to contest their Senatorial seat.

See his Yeye face like Cubana Chief Priest own

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by fergie001: 10:38am On May 05, 2022
History555:
Wait am confused from being a senator in lagos he wants to be a senator in ogun. Is this allowed. Wat sort of greed is this?
He hails from that part of Ogun State but was born & bred in Lagos State. So, he wanted to vie for Gov the last time but Amosun stopped it.

In 2019, he agreed to run for his second and last term in Lagos West.....hence, he is returning to Ogun West to run again. He will most likely want to vie for Gov someday.

Our politicians no send us....He was in the LSHOA (2003-2011), HoR from Lagos (2011-2015), Senate (2015-date)....Only him ooooo/

Forget the tears, just another Tony Umez in the making.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by festacman(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2022
Yayi gave them money to buy the nomination form in private and then turned around to act Nollywood tears in public. Laughable.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Shalommy(f): 10:39am On May 05, 2022
Yeye.. When he enter that seat, he'll definitely forget how he gets there. Na naija we dey.. Chaiii
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2022
Nigeria politicians grin grin grin

Isn’t it this same Yayi that was knacking one Yelobam actress of recent ? I can’t remember her name now lol

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2022
helinues:
Yayi should stay in Lagos state and allow the indigenes of Yewa to present credible candidate to represent them.

Since Yayi has been a senator in Lagos state, what exactly has he done to the people of Yewa in terms of projects and developments? SO he remember now that they exist as election is coming?

Your opinion starts and ends on Nairaland

5 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 10:43am On May 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Your opinion starts and ends on Nairaland

Tell us if you are no longer from Osun state but Ogun state this time around....

Don't you know how to stay out of what you have no idea about?

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 10:45am On May 05, 2022
fergie001:

He hails from that part of Ogun State but was born & bred in Lagos State. So, he wanted to vie for Gov the last time but Amosun stopped it.

In 2019, he agreed to run for his second and last term in Lagos West.....hence, he is returning to Ogun West to run again. He will most likely want to vie for Gov someday.

Our politicians no send us....He was in the LSHOA (2003-2011), HoR from Lagos (2011-2015), Senate (2015-date)....Only him ooooo/

Forget the tears, just another Tony Umez in the making.

There is no place for him in Ogun Politics as he has not been concerned about the happenings in the state except if the election is around the corner.

He should save his crocodile tears

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2022
helinues:

Tell us if you are no longer from Osun state but Ogun state this time around....

Don't you know how to stay out of what you have no idea about?
Stop mistaking me for someone else

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 10:49am On May 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Stop mistaking me for someone else

Hahahhahaha.. prince of Lagos wan dey denying his busted alternative moniker...

You can only run, you can't hide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Segzy22: 10:50am On May 05, 2022
Our mumu never do?

1 Like

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by dplordx(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2022
Mumu, instead to scatter the primary and push that bigger mumu called Darudapo commot for the party and become the next govnor. Aim bigger Yayi
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Mooh247: 10:51am On May 05, 2022
helinues:

There is no place for him in Ogun Politics as he has not been concerned about the happenings in the state except if the election is around the corner.

Yayi has major grassroot followership in Ogun especially Yewa

He is like Aregbesola of Alimosho

Abiodun rode on Yayi's grassroot to tackle Amosun because Amosun didn't support his governorship ambition

As it stands Yayi supporters are all in Abiodun cabinet and Ogun APC

19 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by fergie001: 10:53am On May 05, 2022
helinues:

It depends on Dapo Abiodun. They are in bed together or so it may seem. The politicians don't think the way the people think.

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 10:54am On May 05, 2022
Mooh247:

Yayi has major grassroot followership in Ogun especially Yewa

He is like Aregbesola of Alimosho

Abiodun rode on Yayi's grassroot to tackle Amosun because Amosun didn't support his governorship ambition

As it stands Yayi supporters are all in Abiodun cabinet

Even GNI and Adekunle Akinlade have more base than Yayi in Yewa. Abi you are referring to online followership?

If Yahi indeed have a base in Yewa, he could have contested for this same senatorial position he wants to vye for this time after being denied the governorship position. Well he has money to waste cos he wont even scale through the Apc primary

1 Like

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Mynd44: 10:56am On May 05, 2022
helinues:

Yayi is the most popular politician from Ogun west, even GNI Can't move him. The governor knows it too seeing as 60% of Dapo's cabinet are Yayi boys from Egbetokun himself.

Denying hin the ticket is denying Dapo himself a second term because they might just provoke him to go for governorship this year rather than 2027 by involving Amosun remember that the Egbas don't really enjoy Dapo.

An Amosun/Yayi alliance under Ogun West agenda will be enough to drain Ogun East

5 Likes

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Mynd44: 10:57am On May 05, 2022
helinues:

Even GNI and Adekunle Akinlade have more base than Yayi in Yewa. Abi you are referring to online followership?

If Yahi indeed have a base in Yewa, he could have contested for this same senatorial position he wants to vye for this time after being denied the governorship position. Well he has money to waste cos he wont even scale through the Apc primary
Yayi not denied the governorship position because even Dapo used his structure to get into office. It is a thing Dapo knows well

Perhaps you forgot that even Amosun steers clear of Yayi

Remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piUkjPuwnrc&feature=youtu.be
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by money121(m): 10:59am On May 05, 2022
Oni yeye
Ojelu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by Timoleon(m): 10:59am On May 05, 2022
Weeps?
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by gbaskiboy: 10:59am On May 05, 2022
This people know how to prank on people's intelligence
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by helinues: 11:00am On May 05, 2022
fergie001:

It depends on Dapo Abiodun. They are in bed together or so it may seem. The politicians don't think the way the people think.

Amosun and Osoba have influence in Yewa politics than Abiodun who is more like a new comer in the state politics. And those 2 have not really been in line with BAT's influence in Ogun state, more reasons why Yayi would be rejected.
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by bigdammyj: 11:00am On May 05, 2022
Okay
Re: Solomon Adeola (Yayi) Weeps As Ogun West Forms Are Presented To Him by chinjo(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2022
Na format. If you know you know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally, Damaturu (photos) / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again / We are aware our Executive, Anjarwalla No Longer In Nigerian Custody – Binance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.