Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari (3434 Views)

Uche Secondus: PDP May Not Participate In Future Elections / 2019 Governorship: Why PDP May Lose Bayelsa To APC – Jonathan / Saraki Factor, PDP May Decide New Senate President In June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 1:23am On Feb 07, 2018
President Buhari has expressed worry over the lingering leadership crisis among members of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in the National Assembly.

Speaking on “Good Morning Nigeria”, a programme aired on NTA, on Monday, the president said he did not want to be seen as interferring in the internal affairs of another branch of government.

“I have to be very sensitive to the constitution of the country. I do not like to be told by anybody, especially the legislators, that I am interferring in their matter. There are three arms of government—Executive, legislature and the judiciary.”

“Over the last 16 years, they have developed the system of choosing their leaders. There is no way I can directly interfere. All I can do through the party is to appeal to their conscience that what I already observed, we should go over it as soon as possible.”

“When I say ‘WE’, I mean the APC. We cannot win the battle and lose the war. We must not allow individual personal ambition to succeed in dividing us and allow the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to deal with us. This is what the National Assembly has allowed so far.”

“The APC is giving the PDP allowance to take over the government again. This is extremely disheartening, I am very worried,” the president said expressing his frustration.

“The only thing I can do is to appeal to the conscience of the APC members in the Senate and House. It took us time to get to where we are. I don’t want personal ambitions to scuttle our success and, therefore, fail to deliver on our promises to the nation.”

Source:- http://nigerianpilot.com/i-am-worried-pdp-may-take-over-government-again-buhari/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by emmie14: 1:45am On Feb 07, 2018
Okorocha's intentions are there but executions of works and implementations of policies very poor.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Vicboi1(m): 3:59am On Feb 07, 2018
I just wish that every imolite would open their eyes to see the real Rochas

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Pvibe007: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2018
Rochas has always been a criminal and a fraudster! Right from he's days as a hustler in Jos! He will wreck IMO state and only then will IMOlites begin to reason!
Rochas had always wanted power , so he can be a Demi-God in IMO state.
But he fail to understand that he only became the governor because he was with APGA( Igbo party) and in 2015 , the election was rigged massively because of he had powers as a sitting Governor.
The Truth is APC nor PDP can never win an election in IMO STATE, they have never won except via rigging.
Ohakim became the governor in 2007 via PPA, Rochas became the governor via APGA.
Quote me No human endorsed by Rochas will ever win a position in IMO!
Thank You

3 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Vicboi1:
I just wish that every imolite would open their eyes to see the real Rochas
embarassed
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Billshington: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
Very apt. This is exactly the situation on ground in Imo state. Thanks to Uzoaganobi Ebuka for his boldness.
Rochas Okorocha is just a Jack of all trades and master of none. Now he has started chasing traders away from their source of livelihood in the name of rebuilding markets. His is a government with vision without plan

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Billshington: 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
Voy:
SIR: You came into office popular and loved by an overwhelming majority of the Imo people which is obviously the reason you defeated a sitting governor, a no mean feat in our country. You made so many promises all of which you have kept but none of which have been fulfilled. Disregard all the sycophancy; the people are no longer happy with you. It is not a good thing that the people should be unhappy with you because in a democracy such as ours, it is the public’s opinion which should drive the nature and direction of your policies.

Here are the reasons the people are not happy.

You gave free education from the very basic to tertiary level to every child in Imo State. Yet, they end up paying so many surcharge fees that would be easier for parents if they were honestly told they were actually paying for their children’s education. Teachers whom you bought elegant suits with red ties to match and whom you graciously doled out Christmas allowances to have since started complaining that you no longer pay even their statutory salaries on time. Pensioners are groaning in pain and are forced to accept part-payment as their full pension after going hungry for so long. The one-storey primary school blocks in every ward in the state are all there quite alright but some have had their roofs blown out and their windows slip off even before they have been used.

You have scraped virtually all the roads in the state on your bid to do massive road construction or to convert them to dual-carriageways, one of which has left my community without electricity since you assumed office. The people call the few completed or half-completed ones China roads because they are so substandard that the layer of asphalt can barely cover the gravel and now your men have started patching up the roads even when the original contract is yet to be completed.
You are building a General Hospital in each of the 27 local government areas of the state on lands you literally snatched away from the owners without going through the statutory acquisition process or paying any dime in compensation to the owners.

Your own kinsmen are complaining that all that vast area of land where you are building a new university campus in Ogboko, the five-star hotel and the Police College in Obiohia, the Command Secondary School in Mgbee, you didn’t pay the owners any compensation.

Lately, you have started the demolition of marketplaces in stiff defiance of the people’s wish. The Nkwo Umuchima and some others are in rumbles and traders now have to make do with makeshift tents and umbrellas. Traders in Orie Akokwa are hastily evacuating before your bulldozers arrive. I

I therefore strongly recommend that you use the remaining part of your tenure to put things in order and most importantly, listen to your people and follow due process, if for nothing, for posterity’s sake which you always speak of.

Uzoaganobi Ebuka,
Imo State.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/open-letter-okorocha/
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
Billshington:
Very apt. This is exactly the situation on ground in Imo state. Thanks to Uzoaganobi Ebuka for his boldness.
Rochas Okorocha is just a Jack of all trades and master of none. Now he has started chasing traders away from their source of livelihood in the name of rebuilding markets. His is a government with vision without plan
smiley
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Switched thread
Voy:
In the Beginning

Anini was born in a village about 20 miles from Benin City in present-day Edo State. Anini, dreadfully called ‘The Law’ or ‘Ovbigbo’. He migrated to Benin at an early age, learned to drive and became a skilled taxi driver. He became known in Benin motor parks as a man who could control the varied competing interests among motor park touts and operators. He later dived into the criminal business in the city and soon became a driver and transporter for gangs, criminal godfathers and thieves.

Forming a gang

he decided to create his own gang which included, Monday Osunbor, Friday Ofege, Henry Ekponwan, Eweka and Alhaji zed zed or Zegezege who was never captured. They started out as car hijackers, bus robbers and bank thieves. Gradually, he extended his criminal acts to other towns and cities far north and east of Benin.

Hatred for Police

The complicity of the police is believed to have triggered Anini’s reign of terror in 1986. In early 1986, two members of his gang were tried and prosecuted against an earlier under-the-table ‘agreement’ with the police to destroy evidence against the gang members. The incident, and Anini’s view of police betrayal, is believed to have spurred retaliatory actions by Anini. In August, 1986, a fatal bank robbery linked to Anini was reported in which a police officer (Nathaniel Egharevba)and others were killed. That same month, two officers on duty were shot at a barricade while trying to stop Anini’s car. During a span of three months, he was known to have killed nine police officers.

The height of Anini’s exploits, however, took place on October 1, 1986, the Independence Day when the state’s Commissioner of Police, Casmir Igbokwe was ambushed by the gang in Benin, and nearly yanked off his nose in a hail of bullets.

Nigeria’s historic Armed Robber

Anini’s image thus loomed larger than life, dwarfing those of Ishola Oyenusi, the king of robbers in the 1970s and Youpelle Dakuro, the army deserter who masterminded the most vicious daylight robbery in Lagos in 1978, in which two policemen were killed. Anini thus spearheaded a four-month reign of terror between August and December 1986. Anini also reportedly wrote numerous letters to media houses using political tones of Robin Hood-like words, to describe his criminal acts.

Hopes were fading

Worried by the seeming elusiveness of Anini and his gang members, the military President, General Ibrahim Babangida then ordered a massive manhunt for the kingpin and his fellow robbers. The police thus went after them, combing every part of Bendel State where they were reportedly operating and living. The whole nation was gripped with fear of the robbers and their daredevil exploits. However, Police manhunt failed to stop their activities; the more they were hunted, the more intensified their activities became.

How he was caught

Finally, it took the courage of Superintendent of Police, Kayode Uanreroro to bring the Anini reign of terror to an end. On December 3, 1986, Uanreroro caught Anini at No 26, Oyemwosa Street, opposite Iguodala Primary School, Benin City, in company with six women. Acting on a tip-off from the locals, the policeman went straight to the house where Anini was hiding and apprehended him with very little resistance. Uanreroro led a crack 10-man team to the house, knocked on the door of the room, and Anini himself, clad in underpants, opened the door. “Where is Anini,” the police officer quickly enquired.

Dazed as he was caught off guard and having no escape route, Anini all the same tried to be smart. “Oh, Anini is under the bed in the inner room”. As he said it, he made some moves to walk past Uanreroro and his team. In the process, he shoved and head-butted the police officer but it was an exercise in futility. Uanreroro promptly reached for his gun, stepped hard on Anini’s right toes and shot at his left ankle. Anini surged forward but the policemen took hold of him and put him in a sitting position. They then pumped more bullets into his shot leg and almost severed the ankle from his entire leg. Already, anguished by the excruciating pains, the policemen asked him, “Are you Anini?” And he replied, “My brother, I won’t deceive you; I won’t tell you lie, I’m Anini.”

Confession Time

Anini was shot in the leg, transferred to a military hospital, and had one of his legs amputated. That was after Monday Osunbor was also captured. When Anini’s hideout was searched, police recovered assorted charms, including the one he usually wore around his waist during “operations”. It was instructive that after Anini was captured and dispossessed of his charms, the man who terrorised a whole state and who was supposed to be fearless suddenly became remorseful, making confessions.

The Police Who Assisted Them

Shortly after the arrest of Anini and co, the dare-devil robbers began to squeal, revealing the roles played by key police officers and men, in the aiding and abetting of criminals in Bendel State and the entire country. Anini particularly revealed that Iyamu, who was the most senior police officer shielding the robbers, would reveal police secrets to them and then, give them logistic supports such as arms, to carry out robbery operations. He further revealed that Iyamu, after each operation, would join them in sharing the loot.

Trial and execution Edit

Due to amputation of his leg, Anini was confined to a wheelchair throughout his trial. Iyamu, on his part, denied ever knowing and collaborating with Anini, but Anini The Law furiously retorted, “You are a shameless liar!” Anini had accused him before Justice James Omo-Agege in the High Court of Justice, off Sapele Road in Benin City. Of the 10 police officers Anini implicated, five were convicted. The robbery suspects, including Iyamu, were sentenced to death.

Judgement

But in passing his judgement, Justice Omo-Agege remarked, “Anini will forever be remembered in the history of crime in this country, but it would be of unblessed memory. Few people if ever, would give the name to their children.” Their execution took place on March 29, 1987.
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
This Anini deserves a statue in IMO state for being a notable robber.
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
This Anini deserves a statue in IMO state for being a notable robber.
grin
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2018
I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by aolawale025: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Definitely another party would occupy aso villa in 2019. APC has lost it

1 Like

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by izaray(f): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2018
The hand writing is very clear now, i can't wait to see Bubu, packing back to Daura cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by ChangetheChange: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2018
grin grin grin

Fear dey catch Buhari the bastard

PDP.....Power to the People

Nigeria will be great again

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by chuksjuve(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Typical statement from and of a power obsessed band drunk fellow!!

So the security of lives and property, good governance and the wellbeing of your citizens is not your worry but PDP taking over you is your worry right ?

Wasn't it your actions and inaction that crippled and brought disunity to your party?

Always blaming everyone except himself

Diary of a failure part 2
By Buhari
Foreward by Apc .

3 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Omeokachie: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
I am more worried that should the APC return to power in the 2019, the present killings and arson across the country could get worse.

If the president is this unconcerned and unsympathetic in an election year, what will happen should he win a reelection, and have nothing to loose?

He has shown his hand too early, and should be asked to leave so that Nigeria can progress.
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Biggie225(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
Buhari must go back to daura next year..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
IJN
Biggie225:
Buhari must go back to daura next year..
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by deji17: 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nigerians will resist the looting Party - PDP
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Ratello: 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
deji17:
Nigerians will resist the looting Party - PDP

Who are these Nigerians Mr Comedian? cheesy grin grin cheesy grin when APC is already campaigning for PDP grin cheesy grin grin I can only advise you to run away from rigging because it will be too disastrous for your type. Funny entity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by deji17: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ratello:

Who are these Nigerians Mr Comedian? cheesy grin grin cheesy grin when APC is already campaigning for PDP grin cheesy grin grin I can only advise you to run away from rigging because it will be too disastrous for your type. Funny entity

Time will tell, who is a comedian between you and I. Election is less than a year. As an incumbent, PDP lost. Is it now that they do not have access to the treasury that they will win? PDP has no leg to stand on.. grin grin grin grin
PDP is synonymous with looting.
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bubu think is only PDP that's the opposition.

it is Bubu Vs Sane Nigerians

zombies exclusively......

1 Like

Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
deji17:

Time will tell, who is a comedian between you and I. Election is less than a year. As an incumbent, PDP lost. Is it now that they do not have access to the treasury that they will win? PDP has no leg to stand on.. grin grin grin grin
PDP is synonymous with looting.
shocked
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
fakeprophet:
Bubu think is only PDP that's the opposition.

it is Bubu Vs Sane Nigerians

zombies exclusively......
lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Worried PDP May Take Over Government Again – Buhari by Voy(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2018
Voy:
President Buhari has expressed worry over the lingering leadership crisis among members of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in the National Assembly.

Speaking on “Good Morning Nigeria”, a programme aired on NTA, on Monday, the president said he did not want to be seen as interferring in the internal affairs of another branch of government.

“I have to be very sensitive to the constitution of the country. I do not like to be told by anybody, especially the legislators, that I am interferring in their matter. There are three arms of government—Executive, legislature and the judiciary.”

“Over the last 16 years, they have developed the system of choosing their leaders. There is no way I can directly interfere. All I can do through the party is to appeal to their conscience that what I already observed, we should go over it as soon as possible.”

“When I say ‘WE’, I mean the APC. We cannot win the battle and lose the war. We must not allow individual personal ambition to succeed in dividing us and allow the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to deal with us. This is what the National Assembly has allowed so far.”

“The APC is giving the PDP allowance to take over the government again. This is extremely disheartening, I am very worried,” the president said expressing his frustration.

“The only thing I can do is to appeal to the conscience of the APC members in the Senate and House. It took us time to get to where we are. I don’t want personal ambitions to scuttle our success and, therefore, fail to deliver on our promises to the nation.”

Source:- http://nigerianpilot.com/i-am-worried-pdp-may-take-over-government-again-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Northeast: Don't Politicise Insecurity, Olawepo Hashim Urges Politicians / Lecture on why Africans must be kept poor by ALL MEANS - dr. Howard Nicholas / BREAKING: IGP Alkali Booed On Arrival In Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.