Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Do You Support Your Club? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Do You Support Your Club? (703 Views)

Drop Your Tributes To Steven George Gerrard The LFC Legend no matter your club. / Do You Pray For Your Club? / Would You Like To Be Buried In Your Club's Official Cemetery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Support Your Club? by nijaprince: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2010
I'm just curious to know the reasons why different fans support their different clubs.
I've discovered that many don't really have any special reason(s) for this. Some support a club just because its the fad now to have a club so they just queue behind one. Others support a club because their friends or family members support the club.
Personally i'm a Chelsea fan, Chelsea 4 Life, and one of the reasons amongst many why i support my club is first of all because of patriotism. Just like most Nigerians support the Super Eagles whether they are playing well or not so i support Chelsea because of my many African brothers who play there. In the premiership Chelsea has the highesr number of African players plying their trade there and our own wonder kid Mikel also plays there. I believe that should be enough reason for most Nigerians to support Chelsea just as they supported Arsenal when Nwankwo Kanu played there and Bolton when Jay Jay was there.
Not been antagonistic against anybody because we all have our freedom of choice but i cannot possibly support Manchester United first of all because of their name of "Red Devils". Personally as a Christian our daily warfare is against the devil and his many atrocities in the world and for me to start supporting any devil whether black, white or red will be an abnormality!
And secondly they not having an African player in their team is suspect. Is Sir Alex a racist? I will support Arsenal anyday against Man United for they give our African brothers the opportunity to grow. Look at what Wenger did for Adebayo and many others and also their style of play is exciting.

So tell me, why do you support your club?
Re: Why Do You Support Your Club? by Ejemu1010(f): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Europa League : Atletico Madrid ? - ? LIVERPOOL (@ 8:05 Pm) / Price Of C.ronaldo To Real Madrid / Madrid Finally Dismiss Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.