Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). (49452 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
These are the sleek and speedy bullet trains that will be transporting almost 400million Chinese people home during the largest annual human migration in the world.

China kicked off the travel rush known as 'chunyun' during the 40-day Spring Festival period on February 1.

During this time, Chinese people travel home to celebrate the Lunar New Year which falls on February 16 and 17 this yea with their families.

Around 2.98billion trips are expected to be made by train, bus and air between February 1 and March 12, according to China Central Television Station.

Buses are the most common form of transport with eight in 10 taking a coach home this year but the numbers are expected to fall for the first time as China’s high-speed rail network expands, authorities said.

More people have switched to using China Railway High-speed (CRH) trains which reach speeds of 220mph and planes to get home, the Ministry of Transport said.

The Chinese rail authority is expecting 390 million passengers this year during the travel period, an 8.8 per cent increase on last year

To cope with the extra demand, an extra 177 high-speed train services will be available during the travel period to carry an additional 100,000 passengers each day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5343965/Chinas-fleet-220mph-bullet-trains.html

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
China Railway High-speed bullet trains are seen at a maintenance base in Wuhan, Hubei province, at the beginning of the Spring Festival travel rush.

China's high-speed rail network is the largest in the world, and seen by Beijing as a symbol of the country's advance.

To cope with the extra demand, an extra 177 high-speed train services will be available during the travel period to carry an additional 100,000 passengers each day.

China's railway network reached 127,000km in length at the end of 2017, including 25,000km of which is high-speed railway.

China's ambitious plans to create even faster bullet trains new domestic and cross-border trains, boasting top speeds of 250mph and 373mph respectively are on schedule for a 2020 deadline.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by tk4rd: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wooww..
I need to work here...
Just seeing these trains and having any form of control over them is just enough for me.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by tk4rd: 2:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Tell me what it would take to capture just ONE of these, and transfer it into Nigeria..
Even if na Chinko Version.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
A
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
The freezing conditions in many parts of the country has posed a further challenge for transport authorities with railway workers removing snow and ice from roads and tracks to ensure passenger safety during travel.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
I was birthed on the wrong continent

229 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by NedalBiggie: 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
cool

Nedal was here!
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by madridguy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
Yah Rasululahi, see fleet of trains and here in Nigeria we're still debating over cattle colony in 2018 shocked
Someone should tell me where to get direct bus to China lipsrsealed

228 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Explorers(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
Last year, more than 3,000km of new railway tracks were put into production, which authorities said would further reduce pressure on other forms of public transport.

China's high-speed rail expansion which has cost hundreds of billions of dollars has seen a series of scandals and widespread allegations of corruption, with accusations that safety has been compromised for speed.

Policemen patrol around CRH bullet trains to ensure the Spring Festival travel rush goes smoothly.

China is home to the world’s longest high-speed rail network which competes heavily with domestic airlines.

Of China’s 31 provinces and regions, 29 are served by high-speed rail with only the regions of Tibet and Ningxia in the northwest yet to be connected.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by General2COAS(m): 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
if not 4 d level of corruption by now we should have same. but in Africa, d giant one can't boast of same day journey of over 900km by road let alone by rail.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by neloyah: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Awon shinko!
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Kakamorufu(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
China is long gone

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Explorers(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
Passengers wait to board trains at Shanghai's Hongqiao Railway Station as the annual Spring Festival travel rush begins ahead of the Chinese Lunar New Year on February 1

The staggering travel season comes into being as millions of people who live, work or study away from their hometown try to reunite with their family for China's most important traditional holiday.

Chinese authorities say about 2.98 billion trips will be made during the 40-day Spring Festival travel rush when Chinese people go home to reunite with their families for the Lunar New Year, which this year falls on February 16 and 17. Authorities are expecting 390 million passengers this year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by emartu(m): 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Explorer abeg stop posting China news again...
This is intimidation

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by flowjoe: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
just gotta love the chinese; finger sized people,yet always using their brains i got so much admiration for them smiley
Nigeria my country instead of us to diversify our means of transportation like the chinese have done, we say no everything should go on road.
i wonder how this country would be by the next millenium embarassed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
make i no carry last.

I'm on China's speedy train to front page

4 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by kniru: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
hmm
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by moscobabs(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by 2O17: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
madridguy:

Someone should tell me where to get direct bus to China lipsrsealed
Oshodi, Lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by madridguy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Where for Oshodi?

2O17:

Oshodi, Lagos
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by melodyogonna(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
this is supposed to be on front page, lastlasticlala
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by tk4rd: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
emartu:
Explorer abeg stop posting China news again...
This is intimidation
People will still call them Chinko upon every-every..

5 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Gboyeboy(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Best to say China is already in the year 3018

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Spylord48: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
OMG!!! this is impressive.And somewhere in Africa, a so call giant can't even afford 39km/h train because of corruption and lack of maintaineance.
May God help us all.Assuming prayers can perform miracles, Nigeria would have been like heaven because the only thing we can manufacture,produce and export are churches and prayers

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Blakjewelry(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wow this is the time of year am short word
Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Flexherbal(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
A country with a working president.

6 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by id4sho(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2018
Asia and Western Europe have a more developed and advanced high speed rail. American speed rail system is shutting down due to patronage by government and citizenry

1 Like

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by glambo(m): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2018
id4sho:
Asia and Western Europe have a more developed and advanced high speed rail. American speed rail system is shutting down due to patronage by government and citizenry

What are you proof

3 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by chukxie(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
Those trains are comfy like there's no tomorrow. I've ridden in them so many times. I wish we had something half this good in Nigeria.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by Emerikoss: 12:28am On Feb 09, 2018
See how they all lined up like Usain Bolt and co waiting for the gun to take off....

3 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). by CartNG: 5:15am On Feb 09, 2018
Very true. And the amazing thing is that you can't even tell its going so fast!

chukxie:
Those trains are comfy like there's no tomorrow. I've ridden in them so many times. I wish we had something half this good in Nigeria.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In UAE Say They Are Being Forced To Leave Today / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.