Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

8 Nasty Things Ex NIA Boss Abba Kyari Said About Buhari's Cos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Nasty Things Ex NIA Boss Abba Kyari Said About Buhari's Cos (547 Views)

Abba Kyari: How FG Spent Millions Of Naira In Trying To Save Buhari's COS - SR / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office / NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Nasty Things Ex NIA Boss Abba Kyari Said About Buhari's Cos by austonclint(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
Immediate past Acting Director-General (D-G) of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Mr Mohammed Dauda, has levelled grave corruption allegations against Abba Kyari who is President Buhari's Chief of Staff.
Also indicted were current DG of the NIA Rufai Abubakar and Babagana Kingibe who is a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Sahara Reporters obtained a brief Dauda sent to the House of Representatives Committee on National Security and Intelligence.

Ikoyi billions
Dauda became Acting DG of the NIA on November 7, 2017 following the sack of Amb Ayo Oke on October 30, 2017.

Oke was fired by Buhari over the controversial N13 billion found in an Ikoyi apartment in April of 2017.

Here's a summary of what Dauda detailed in his brief to lawmakers:
1. Dauda says when he took over as DG of NIA in an acting capacity, there was a certain $44 million cooling in the agency's bank account.

Dauda's predecessor, Mr. Arab Yadam, said this money was "part of the intervention fund that brought the Ikoyi apartment cash scandal."

2. Yadam introduced Dauda to Brigadier-General Mohammed Ja'afaru, the Acting Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).

Ja'afaru would go on to brief Dauda on the nature of the NIA's operations and assignments.

3. No sooner had Dauda settled into his new role than Kyari and Kingibe began pressuring him to steal and share this $44 million. He resisted, he says, by telling them the money was an exhibit.

4. Dauda says Kyari and the gang also asked him to fire DFA Ja'afaru to make a clear pathway to this $44 million.

"They kept insisting that they had the mandate of the president and that the president had directed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to hands off the money and that it was legitimately ours.

"They verbally queried me on the logic of keeping the money as an exhibit since there was no case pending in court.

"Ambassador Kingibe told me that he was the one who, through the Chief of Staff drafted the memo that the President assented to, instructing the EFCC to hands off our case (Ikoyi cash scandal) just to convince me that there are no more encumbrances on the money," Dauda  stated in the brief seen by Sahara Reporters.

5. Dauda says Kyari, Kingibe and Abubakar would ask him to hand out money to their girlfriends for trips abroad.

"They wanted money for medical treatment or holidays abroad for their families and girlfriends. I met and gave a lady Ambassador Kingibe simply introduced to me as "Angela"  money twice at the car park of the Hilton Hotel.

"Once $50,000 and the second time $20,000, which apparently did not impress him. Even the current DG NIA once called me on WhatsApp, just like Amb. Kingibe always does and said that his Oga was traveling to London for medical check-up and he suggested that I should find something for him as a sign of good will.

"So, I reluctantly gave him $50,000 against my will, a decision that made me sad throughout the day," he said.

6. Dauda added that Mr. Kingibe collected over $200,000 from him during the time he headed the PRP (Presidential Review Panel).

7. Kingibe, Kyari and Abubakar also told Dauda not to cooperate with National Security Adviser (NSA) Babagana Monguno for obvious reasons.

"I was instructed to channel all our activities, contacts, concerns and complaints through the Office of the Chief of Staff Abba Kyari only," Dauda says.

8. Dauda believes he wasn't made substantive DG of the NIA because he refused to play ball.

The story reads:

"They then suggested that it was his turn to do something in return as he was likely to get the president's nod as the substantive DG only if he could immediately make $2 million available.

"I told them it was not going to be possible as the only money available was the $44M and I didn't know how to approach the Acting DFA. They also told me at the meeting that if I can't  sack the DFA, they would send someone to do it soon.

"That was my last communication with them until I heard of my removal from office on Wednesday 11 January on Channels Television around 8 pm."

source: http://www.clintgist.com/8-nasty-things-ex-nia-boss-said-about-abba-kyari-id7949682-html/

CC: lalalsticlala
Re: 8 Nasty Things Ex NIA Boss Abba Kyari Said About Buhari's Cos by vivalavida(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari's saints in action
Re: 8 Nasty Things Ex NIA Boss Abba Kyari Said About Buhari's Cos by Paperwhite(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Check out a morally corrupt government fighting corruption. undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Want to Surpass Awolowo In History, Osun Governorship Aspirant, K-rad Declares / Fayose Rocks Military Camouflage as he Storms Scene Where Herdsmen Killed a man / PHOTOS: President Buhari Meets Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu And Chief Bisi Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.