Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,758 members, 7,844,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m (3285 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Alleged Theft Of Another N40billion By Ex-nimasa DG, Akpobolokemi / AIT Chairman Charged To Court Over Claimed $2bn Arms Bargain Extortion [PHOTOS] / N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bkbabe97: 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2010
This Onlytruth dude is , undeniably, a freakn slowpoke. I read all of ur posts and all it shows is that ,intellectually, ure a big dummy!!! So stealing a million dollars is "paltry"? why dont u come, as a govt official, and embezzle such here in the United States and watch the "paltry" 25 year jail sentence that will earn u in the Penitentiary!!! angry
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
So, as I was saying, this is pregnant with a lot of things. I was reading somewhere in a Nigerian newspaper where a certain northerner was threatening fire and brimestone if power is not returned to the north next year.
That is just one dimension of the story. There are others.
Ogbulafor is not a saint, but neither is any member of the PDP.
He should be left alone to complete his term. He has done NOTHING to warrant this witch hunt.  cool
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by violent(m): 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
I hope you don't expect me to follow your logic here comparing a fraud like Salisu Buhari and a man like Ogbulafor who is more qualified than all the people that have ruled Nigeria till date.
If you are fair minded, you would ask why the investigation over a comparatively paltry N104 million must happen now, while all those who stolen billions of dollars are walking around and even planning to contest elections next year.
What I hate in Nigeria is this unfair treatment and double standards that is reserved for the politically weak in Nigeria.
Jonathan should be careful.

I don't support crime. However if all the thieves who wrecked Nigeria are walking around free, and Ogbulafor was walking around free until he restated the party's zoning position, how did he suddenly become indictable? What changed?  
People openly speculated that Jonathan may start shopping for those who would bend the rules and allow his contest next year. Why didn't Jonathan wait till the conventions to sponsor his favorite candidate? Why must he humiliate Ogbulafor out of office?  
Like I said, this is witch hunt and leaves a bad taste.

Shouldn't we stop this habit of comparing crimes?

The fact that one stole 200,000 and the other sole 1 trillion does not make the former any better-----both are simply criminals and they both deserve to be hanged and their dead body shot!

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that people have chosen to take consolation in the "our son is ruling" mentality, that alone seems enough for them.

I don't care if the person in power has a chinese or Japanese lineage, all i care is for responsible people to be in such position.

The dude you feel so much concern for in all probability has not developed your community or town ever since he took on that position, he's children probably change their cars every year or so while a poor man in you village finds it difficult to pay his kids school fees, now he's been charged for corruption, you feel sympathy for him all because he's Ndigbo and in local terms he's "our son"-----thts just pathetic.

I don't care if its selective justice or not, all i care about and feel downright happy with is the fact that those that met the blade of Justice were found guilty to begin with.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by metalgong5(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2010
bk/babe97:

This Onlytruth dude is , undeniably, a freakn slowpoke. I read all of your posts and all it shows is that ,intellectually, ure a big dummy!!! So stealing a million dollars is "paltry"? why dont u come, as a govt official, and embezzle such here in the United States and watch the "paltry" 25 year jail sentence that will earn u in the Penitentiary!!! angry
Wonders they say shall never end!! Imagine a latino intellectual midget like you calling someone a dummy.
You bastar.d deserves to be parcelled back to Juarez.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

Shouldn't we stop this habit of comparing crimes?

The fact that one stole 200,000 and the other sole 1 trillion does not make the former any better-----both are simply criminals and they both deserve to be hanged and their dead body shot!

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that people have chosen to take consolation in the "our son is ruling" mentality, that alone seems enough for them.

I don't care if the person in power has a chinese or Japanese lineage, all i care is for responsible people to be in such position.

The dude you feel so much concern for in all probability has not developed your community or town ever since he took on that position, he's children probably change their cars every year or so while a poor man in you village finds it difficult to pay his kids school fees, now he's been charged for corruption, you feel sympathy for him all because he's Ndigbo and in local terms he's "our son"-----thts just pathetic.

I don't care if its selective justice or not, all i care about and feel downright happy with is the fact that those that met the blade of Justice were found guilty to begin with.

Well I don't enjoy your level of confidence in Nigeria to feel like you. Selective justice (read injustice) has been my lot since I lost a war in 1970. Just as a previous victim of snake bite flees at the sight of a lizard's head, I hurt disproportionately when selective justice is applied to me.
I don't care if Nigeria becomes a jungle of death. Just don't use me to start fixing it. Use EVERYBODY simultaneously.
Don't pick on weak targets because that target can strengthen up tomorrow.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
metal-gong:

Wonders they say shall never end!! Imagine a latino intellectual midget like you calling someone a dummy.
You bastar.d deserves to be parcelled back to Juarez.

Just ignore the idiot, he will go away. Responding to him is to indulge his moronic mindset.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by violent(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2010
Onlytruth:

Well I don't enjoy your level of confidence in Nigeria to feel like you. Selective justice (read injustice) has been my lot since I lost a war in 1970. Just as a previous victim of snake bite flees at the sight of a lizard's head, I hurt disproportionately when selective justice is applied to me.
I don't care if Nigeria becomes a jungle of death. Just don't use me to start fixing it. Use EVERYBODY simultaneously.

Its not about picking on weak targets, it would be wrong for the ICPC to go after him if he hadn't participated in treasury looting, the fact that he only looted a paltry {since you have chosen to call 104m a paltry} does not make him any less a fúcking thief!

Truth is we really can't expect the ICPC or EFCC to go after them all at once, when it was Bode George's turn, we all bid him farewell on his way to the prison, now its Ibroi and Ogbulafor's turn, if guilty, then let them go down as well.

The burden of proof is on ICPC you know, and gathering evidences and proofs especially against a high ranking officer who has every means of frustrating such efforts is really a pain staking job, you don't just expect to wake up tomorrow and hear the EFCC going down on OBJ, they need hard facts and if you as a person are prepared to bring such facts to the table then by all means do so!

But in the meanwhile, now that they have evidence of malpractices on Ogbulafor, do you expect them to wait because[i] "their are others who stole more than he did"?[/i]

Its not a case of who stole more and who stole less!
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Sagamite(m): 1:09am On Apr 22, 2010
marvix:

@skyblue wat did I say wrong u tink u aren't corrupt, d only question I hav 4 u is dat do u tink u are payin your correct taxes nd if u buy pure water frm dose sch children hawkin it @ sch hrs den u are guilty of corruption.

You are an utter slowpoke.

Betteer know when to shut up when your ediotic statement is faulted.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Sagamite(m): 1:13am On Apr 22, 2010
Onlytruth:

Then according to your "logic" (if it is one), then all armed robbers should be released unless all armed robbers that have stolen more than them have been arrested and prosecuted first.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 5:44am On Apr 22, 2010
More troubles for PDP as NEC meets April 27

* State chairmen disown reform forum

* Worries over Ogbulafor's fate with ICPC

* Politics of 2011 presidential election

From Martins Oloja and John-Abba Ogbodo (Abuja) and Omobola Tolu-Kusimo (Lagos)

AFTER three failed attempts to hold the ruling Peoples Democratic Party's National Executive Council (NEC) meeting, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has agreed to hold the NEC meeting of the Party on Tuesday, April 27 where crucial decisions may be taken on the future of the Party, 2011 presidential primaries, fate of the leadership of the party and perhaps where the presidential candidate of the Party will come from.

The Guardian confirmed the development on Tuesday night when a source in the presidency disclosed that the Acting President who had been reportedly accused of refusing to approve all the three previous proposals had at last, approved April 27 for the meeting.

The meeting is expected to resolve some thorny issues, including the tentative time-table for the 2011 elections, the draft laws on the elections both chambers of the National Assembly have proposed for different times, the controversial rotational presidency clause, the fate of the chairman of the party that has been reportedly dragged to court by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), etc.

Also expected is the growing speculation that the Acting President may run for Presidency in 2011 despite the PDP arrangement on rotation.

Meanwhile, another source within the Governors' Forum has disclosed why Jonathan has been angry with the Chairman and indeed some members of the National Working Committee (NWC).

One of the governors who would not like to be named, told The Guardian that in a recent meeting with the Acting President before the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting in Abuja this week, Jonathan was not happy with the Party officials that announced the policy issue recently "without consultation with him" as The Guardian reported exclusively last week.

The Guardian had last week reported that there was an incipient crisis in the Party as a result of the sharp division between the Presidency and the Party over the politics of 2011 and indeed the growing suspicion that the Acting President was being encouraged by some forces to run for president in 2011, despite the PDP zoning arrangement.

The Guardian had then reported that the Party's announcement of the Party policy without consulting with the Acting President was being cited as the reason for the stalling of the NEC meeting twice then.

In the meantime, indications have emerged that the constitutional review the House of Representatives is expected to round off in Abuja shortly may not suffer reverses in the states as widely speculated. Reason? A prominent member of the Governors Forum confirmed last night that the Governors' Forum "has put a mechanism in place to ensure that the state legislatures speedily pass the constitution review as passed by the federal legislature even as we have about three areas we disagree with".

One of the areas, according to him, is a provision that the National Electoral Commission (INEC) should conduct elections in the states instead of the current legal arrangement that provides for States Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC).

According to the top source: "We have been working with the National Assembly members through a committee that has been monitoring development on the constitution review. Within a few weeks all the states will pass the Bill without hitch, That we have settled, "

This development came up in Abuja as there emerged some concerns that a new cabal has been growing within the new Presidency of Goodluck Jonathan that is suspected to be ready to remove the Chairman of the PDP and the Speaker of the House of Representatives through the instrumentality of anti-graft agencies.

"Even some of the governors are already frightened by the growing tentacles of repression that smacks of an Olusegun Obasanjo era when there was no rest for opposition", was the way another top shot in the ruling party put it last night.

Meanwhile, members of the Reform Forum are poised to hold a meeting today, despite the summon from the leadership of the party, asking the group to appear at the national secretariat today to face a panel over alleged anti-party activities.

Speaking when chairmen of the 36 state chapters and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja visited him at the national secretariat in Abuja, the National Chairman of the party, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, who is alleged to be targeted for removal by the PDP Reform Forum, vowed that no amount of threat could intimidate the leadership of the party. He stressed that the party has a mandate, which is to deliver democracy dividends to Nigerians and would not succumb to any blackmail or intimidation.

According to Ogbulafor, having been elected to execute the programmes of the party, the NWC would not lose focus of its mandate. He also declared that the ailment of President Umaru Yar'Adua is a temptation from the devil, which the President would soon overcome.

Meanwhile, chairmen of the chapters of PDP in the 36 states of the federation and the FCT stormed the national secretariat of the party yesterday and disowned the PDP Reform Forum. The chairmen led by their protem chairman, Dr. Emmanuel Agbo and the secretary, Chief Bola Olu-Ojo, condemned the action of the forum and called on the party to sanction the members of PDP who are promoting the forum.

"Our attention has been drawn to the invitation letters emanating from the Peoples Democratic party Reform Forum, calling for stakeholders meeting on April 22, 2010. That this purported Peoples Democratic Party Reform Forum is unknown to our great party, unconstitutional and is considered by us as a ploy by certain self-seeking individuals to cause chaos and confusion and divide the party. That we, as state chairmen of our great party, condemn this act as it violates our constitution as stipulated in Article 21, sub-section 1(h), 1(i) and 1(j); that we, as state chairmen, hereby direct all our members nationwide not to attend this meeting, as such attendance will be treated as anti-party activity", they declared.

The state chairmen also condemned the call for the dissolution of the national executive of the party and passed a vote confidence on the NWC.

"That we, the state chairmen, frown at frequent calls by disgruntled individuals and certain groups for the dissolution of our party executive committees at the various levels at the slightest disagreement on party administration. We wish to state that change of leadership of our party at any level has a constitutional procedure, which must be followed and respected. That we, the state chairmen, have implicit confidence in our National Working Committee led by Prince Vincent Eze Ogbulafor. That we appreciate and identify with all the efforts of our National Working Committee in piloting the affairs of the party and their consistent support for our governments at the various levels.

"That we, the state chairmen, appreciate the Acting President in providing quality leadership and direction for our great nation, especially at this challenging period.

"That we, the state chairmen of the party, also express our gratitude to the PDP caucuses of the National Assembly, for their regular and timely intervention in stabilizing the polity of the country. We, the state chairmen, appreciate the unwavering and innumerable efforts of the PDP Governors' Forum for their consistent support for our great party in ensuring its stability. Above all, we commend their individual and collective roles in ensuring the oneness and indivisibility of our nation state", they said.

Governor of Enugu State, Mr. Sullivan Chime, yesterday described the prosecution of Ogbulafor by Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) over an alleged contract scam as politically-motivated.

Fielding questions from journalists in Lagos yesterday, Chime also dismissed the Aminu Masari-led PDP reform forum as irrelevant to the PDP.

The governor, who disclosed that he will be running for second term in office as governor of Enugu State, said the decision of the party on its zoning formula will be discussed at the appropriate forum as it found itself in a situation it did not envisage in the light of the ill-health of President Yar'Adua.

His words: "The party's decision on zoning of the party's ticket has always existed, but today we have a situation that we did not envisage.

"This has not been properly discussed at a proper forum but it will be discussed at the appropriate time. As things are now, we have an elected president who cannot rule because he is sick which is not a crime although we have an Acting President who is actively in charge."

On alleged call for the removal of the PDP chairman, Chime queried: "What did they say he did? Has he been investigated?

Where were they when he served as national secretary and then elected as the chairman?"

"He was a minister a long time ago and if until now nobody has bothered to investigate and convict him, then what are they talking about? he queried further.

"It does not make sense and it sounds irresponsible to talk about it now. It is politically-motivated and that is why they are talking now.

"Within the party, we have many organisations that are recognised and the PDP is a well-known organisation. We also have several organs of the party that are recognised by the party constitution. Once you commit yourself by being a member of any organisation not recognised by the party, then you are on your own," he added.

According to Chime: "You do not wake up one morning and say you are a chairman of one committee or wing of the party because if it is not provided for in the constitution, then it does not exist. The group that refers to itself as reform forum does not exist".

Asked if the Governors Forum is an organ in the PDP constitution, he said that they do not pretend to be an organ of the party and that is why we cannot speak for the party. But you can call us the pressure group, but we are members of the National Executive Council of the party by virtue of our offices as governors.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01/220410?pdate=220410&ptitle=More%20troubles%20for%20PDP%20as%20NEC%20meets%20April%2027
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 5:47am On Apr 22, 2010
^^^

I knew this "crime" charge has NOTHING to do with justice, but pure political witch-hunt.  I see Obasanjo's hands all over it. All the moves are Obasanjo's. However, I know how this ends!  cool
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Nigerd(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2010
@ onlytruth.

I think u should change ur user name, because no line and traces of truth in all ur responses to the topic and people's responses 2 ur post,

u can read my earlier response to the topic about my Igbo brothers to this post and u really came out to tell me that u n tribal entity,

Go change ur user name, Onlylie
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
Onlylier
I knew this "crime" charge has NOTHING to do with justice, but pure political witch-hunt. I see Obasanjo's hands all over it. All the moves are Obasanjo's. However, I know how this ends!

The problem with you is that you are a tribalist to the core. You see everything in terms of "Igbo" or "against Igbo". Every single word you post has a tribal colouration, you have eyes but you cannot see. It's because of your type, that people are not comfortable with Igbo presidency. All those idiots, criminals and political morons are your heroes because they are Igbos. I sometime wonder what type of person you are?

All have sinned and come short of glory of God. Most Nigerians politicians and Officials are corrupt many of them, but few got away with. It has nothing to do with tribe. Alamasigha went to jail and so many others, why should Ogbulafor be allowed to pocket N104m; because hes Igbo?
nonsense ewu monkey.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by illusion2: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2010
The opinion of Onlytruth & his ilk tho' sad ,isn't entirely new in Nigeria.

Many of us have come to accept mediocrity and decay as part of life & hence rather than push to eradicate it  are prepared to LIVE with it  shocked shocked shocked !

Really sad indeed. . . 

Its not an Igbo thing however as people like Ken Nnamani are at the forefront of pushing for good governance.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Sagamite(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
illusion2:

The opinion on Onlytruth & his ilk is tho'sad ,isn't entirely new in Nigeria.

Many of us have come to accept mediocrity and decay as part of life & hence rather than push to eradicate it are prepared to LIVE with it shocked shocked shocked !

Really sad indeed. . .

Its not an Igbo thing however as people like Ken Nnamani are at the forefront of pushing for good governance.

That is why I maintain "not all opinions matter", "not everyone is entitled to promulgating an opinion".
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Niger_d

Like I said before I don't like PDP or anyone associated with that party, but that does not mean that other Nigerians are not busy scheming around using the same party. The quote below captures my feelings:

"On alleged call for the removal of the PDP chairman, Chime queried: "What did they say he did? Has he been investigated?

Where were they when he served as national secretary and then elected as the chairman?"

"He was a minister a long time ago and if until now nobody has bothered to investigate and convict him, then what are they talking about? he queried further.

"It does not make sense and it sounds irresponsible to talk about it now. It is politically-motivated and that is why they are talking now.
"

Meanwhile Governor Chime of Enugu state is one of the few "good governors" of the PDP in Nigeria, so I would take his words over that of people who work with Obasanjo.

Ok start sourcing for another PDP chairman. Swap them at will again like the Senate presidency. That is vintage Obasanjo and I know his end game.

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. I don't care. cool My message is getting to the intended audience.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
So my message remains: If anyone wants to fight corruption, he should go ahead and fight it across the board. Don't target only the people who stand in the way of your political ambition. That is OBASANJO. It is actually more immoral to do that. Nothing is worse than corruption (abuse) of political power.

When I posted the Lagos "dumpster livers" thread, I did so out of concern ( I didn't have to undecided), that people have become accustomed to poverty in the midst of plenty. It didn't concern me or Igbo people only. I felt Nigerians were being shortchanged in the midst of plenty. Now, if I hate this selective justice, some idiots are here insulting themselves. An injustice to someone somewhere is an injustice to everyone everywhere. A lot can still happen in Nigeria between now and next year.
Ogbulafor's "crime" is to call for the maintenance of the party constitution. How does one leapfrog from that to charges of fraud -an already exhausted charge. if he had towed the line of the new cabal, would he still be charged?

Some people have become accustomed to cabals. I would not replace one cabal with another.

Equal measures for all under the law.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by monkeyleg: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2010
anothe shameless thief. The guys are all thieves, no good apple amongst the lot.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
In fact for this fight against corruption to make sense, Obasanjo should be arrested for stealing wasting $16 billion mapped out for power projects. cool

And don't come telling me it cannot be proved.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by illusion2: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
Onlytruth:

In fact for this fight against corruption to make sense, Obasanjo should be arrested for stealing wasting $16 billion mapped out for power projects. cool

My friend don't hate the player- HATE THE GAME !!!  cheesy

Anyone playing politricks in Nigeria should avoid the temptation to soil his/her hands. . . . cos it may come back to haunt you.  sad

Examples are too numerous to mention,its best you are edged out by voice vote than by EFCC/corruption allegations . Its as simple as that.  wink wink

Fashola is experiencing something similar in Lagos . .  . .dats the game bro. . .no tribalism  wink
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
Another troubling quote:

"According to the top source: "We have been working with the National Assembly members through a committee that has been monitoring development on the constitution review. Within a few weeks all the states will pass the Bill without hitch, That we have settled, "

This development came up in Abuja as there emerged some concerns that a new cabal has been growing within the new Presidency of Goodluck Jonathan that is suspected to be ready to remove the Chairman of the PDP and the Speaker of the House of Representatives through the instrumentality of anti-graft agencies.

"Even some of the governors are already frightened by the growing tentacles of repression that smacks of an Olusegun Obasanjo era when there was no rest for opposition", was the way another top shot in the ruling party put it last night."

So, the anti-graft agencies are pure pawns for power play? shocked shocked shocked

Na wa o! But that is the point.

I thought Obasanjo left office in 2007.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by marvix(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
Sagmite u are a complete f.o.o.l. Most of my post are brief because I use a fone, wat I meant is dat if the EFCC wants to take up anybody on corruption charge they can, most especially wen u are a political ofc holder. My first post on dis issue is quite clear.

This nation is run by corrupt practises, u win elections by riggin, U bribe ur way 2 be confirmed in d senate, policemen collect 20naira frm drivers on d highway, the drivers most times are not fully registered to operate, so d whole cycle of corruption pervades the entire landscape. Just one question has a police ofcer eva arrested u b4, u havnt hrd of illegal parkin, u just parked ur vehicle where there was no "NO PARKING" sign if u get 2 d station nd dat police u thot was semiliterate brings out ur charge sheet u will feel sorry 4 urself.

Did Ogbulafor just steal d money? Be that as it may, serves him right because if anyone thinks dat he wld do somtin nd get away wit it gues they shld start havin a rethink because dat 500k u tuk cld be used 2 haunt u, let us also take note that 104mill is not his latest loot but mayb som pple in d rite camp hv a hand in d latest ones hence dig out an old one on him.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by snowdrops(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2010
Onlytruth:

That would mark the beginning of the end to Nigerias problems.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2010
The problem with these hypocritical masob members on the thread, is that they have eyes but cannot see.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2010
[size=15pt]DEVIL IS TEMPTING US IN PDP -OGBULAFOR

[/size]
In another development, embattled National Chairman of PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, has blamed the crisis rocking the party on the devil who he said was tempting the hierarchy of the party.

He noted, while receiving some state chairmen of the party on a solidarity visit in his office on Wednesday in Abuja, that he was confident the problem was temporary and his leadership would not, therefore, allow itself to be distracted.

The party leadership has engaged in a war of words with some of its prominent leaders who operate under the name of PDP Reform Forum and are believed to be working for the removal of the national chairman over sundry allegations.   

According to him, “no amount of distraction can stop this party. It is a party that has vowed to lead this nation and to support the acting president and our governors and the National Assembly to deliver democracy dividends to the people who have elected us.”

“But the devil came to tempt us and we shall defeat him and we pray that our president is recovering and God will continue to grant him speedy recovery and similarly, may God continue to grant the acting president the spirit to unite everybody in this umbrella and this party,” he said.

While assuring the state party chairman that the national leadership would continue to do what they were elected to do, he promised to hold the party together, saying that “we don’t think that any amount of temptation, any amount of distraction will make us to shift ground.”

ADAPTED FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by bilymuse: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2010
In another development, embattled National Chairman of PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, has blamed the crisis rocking the party on the devil who he said was tempting the hierarchy of the party.

Just hand over the N104m you stole, and the devil will stop tempting  us.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by snowdrops(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2010
There are clearly deep divisions in the PDP and everyone has their allegiances.

They all have stolen money. The difference is when you step out of line, thats when you get accused and shamed out of office. Otherwise is chop chop all the way.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
snowdrops:

There are clearly deep divisions in the PDP and everyone has their allegiances.

They all have stolen money. The difference is when you step out of line, thats when you get accused and shamed out of office. Otherwise is chop chop all the way.

Thank you!

Some idiots here would be busy sneaking shots at select few weak targets and turn blind eyes to the kings and dons of theft in Nigeria -Olusegun Obasanjo and his inner crew who stole BILLIONS of DOLLARS. They'll keep chasing the mice while the elephants pillage the farm.

They can only fool the mob, not me! Turn Ogbulafor loose! He has done nothing new!  cool cool cool
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
Anyone who justifies a crime on the basis that 'they are all doing it' is simply not very intelligent.

Not even in America or Britain do ALL criminals get prosecuted - to say that EVERYONE who has stolen must be prosecuted else Ogbulafor should be set free is a ridiculous assertion.

If Ogbulafor has stolen and broken the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is IMMATERIAL what laws others have broken - he should pay for HIS sins and let others pay for theirs when their time comes.

If Obasanjo stole billions, kindly prove it and take him to court - Ogbulafor has been taken to court, let him fight his case there like the rest of us.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by kobikwelu(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
errbody, just calm down,

some are crying selective justice, prolly ur right.

some are saying its better than indicting nobody, still ur right.

both sides of the aisle are right!!!! but the fact is that no matter the amount of individuals that get indicted, its still better than none,

dunt worry abt OBJ he is close to death (eighty sumtin years).

you cant simply catch evry1.

so just move on.
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by Onlytruth(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2010
debosky:

Anyone who justifies a crime on the basis that 'they are all doing it' is simply not very intelligent.

Not even in America or Britain do ALL criminals get prosecuted - to say that EVERYONE who has stolen must be prosecuted else Ogbulafor should be set free is a ridiculous assertion.

If Ogbulafor has stolen and broken the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is IMMATERIAL what laws others have broken - he should pay for HIS sins and let others pay for theirs when their time comes.

If Obasanjo stole billions, kindly prove it and take him to court - Ogbulafor has been taken to court, let him fight his case there like the rest of us.

The major flaw in your thought pattern here is that you assume that justice can be obtained from a compromised investigation.
What happened to the first investigation against the same Ogbulafor? He was cleared before, right?
So what has changed?
I'll tell you what changed. He has stepped on some powerful toes in the presidency.
Like I said before, the worst corruption is the corruption of power. It can be used to steal money, undermine justice, intimidate judicial process, obfuscate facts and hoodwink the entire system. It is the WORST of the WORST.
I did not justify Ogbulafors "crime". I simply faulted the system trying to indict him because it is a flawed and dubious system from which justice can never be obtained.
An Igbo proverb says "there is no need telling the deaf that a war has broken out, it is self evident". The day the real war against corruption begins in Nigeria, it will be self evident.

STOP OPPRESSING POLITICAL OPPONENTS! That is vintage Obasanjo!  cool
Re: Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m by debosky(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
Onlytruth:

The major flaw in your thought pattern here is that you assume that justice can be obtained from a compromised investigation.
What happened to the first investigation against the same Ogbulafor? He was cleared before, right?
So what has changed?

YOU claim he was 'cleared' - can you tell us who 'cleared' him? Did he go to court and did a Judge pronounce him not guilty? How do YOU know it is a 'compromised' investigation? Have you seen the evidence? Besides, even if he was 'cleared' before, if more evidence has emerged, he should be prosecuted.

I'll tell you what changed. He has stepped on some powerful toes in the presidency.
Like I said before, the worst corruption is the corruption of power. It can be used to steal money, undermine justice, intimidate judicial process, obfuscate facts and hoodwink the entire system. It is the WORST of the WORST.
I did not justify Ogbulafors "crime". I simply faulted the system trying to indict him because it is a flawed and dubious system from which justice can never be obtained.

Rubbish - there is no perfect system in the world and we CANNOT wait till the system is 'not flawed' before justice can be served. If Ogbulafor stole and is convicted and goes to jail, that IS justice, regardless of whether the system is 'flawed' or not.

I don't care for all the big words you're using - the matter is SIMPLE - if he stole and gets convicted, there is nothing to debate.

An Igbo proverb says "there is no need telling the deaf that a war has broken out, it is self evident". The day the real war against corruption begins in Nigeria, it will be self evident.

STOP OPPRESSING POLITICAL OPPONENTS! That is vintage Obasanjo!  cool

I don't care about 'war' on corruption - this is a simple matter. Let him go to court and defend himself. SIMPLE. If he is innocent, then we will soon find out.

If 'oppressing political opponents' means sending guilty people to jail, then long may it continue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Indonesia Overtook Nigeria / There Can Never Be Peace In Nigeria Until. . . / Dr. Chris Ngige Campaign Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.