Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today (3384 Views)

Lagos State And The Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 / Ondo State – Yoruba Ethnic Nationality Becoming More Complex!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by MrMaestro: 9:38am On Feb 09, 2018
DocHMD:

Are yoruba mooslems and christians 'integrated'? grin
Yes very much so in fact. Nearly every yoruba family has Christian or muslin relatives. So what are you on about?

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by resurgentxtian4: 11:18am On Feb 09, 2018
DocHMD:

Fvck off. You are just trying to be mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Odkosh: 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
[s]
EODforce:
. Alcatraz005, i have always known you to be an unstable fellow so am not surprise
[/s]Stop editing people's post. We all saw what he posted, so editing it from now till tomorrow won't change anything.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Alariiwo: 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good one..

No non-Yoruba should be elected into Lagos assembly henceforth.

South West belongs to Yorubas and Yorubas must never get marginalized for outsiders from across the Niger river.

Tell that to the Asiwere in Bourdillon marginalizing real Lagosians in Lagos for 'atounriwas'

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Odkosh: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
doyinbaby:
Igbo should also promote their culture as much as they want in their their land.......ha ha.....Yoruba will promote Yoruba language as much as we want in Yoruba land
...........let nobody get offended that we are promoting Yoruba language.....
Let them get offended. Who cares about them.
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by Amarabae(f): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
I don't see why this should be an issue ,
Lagos is a Yoruba state.
Case closed .
I love bills like this, let it remind the lagosian Igbos that Obiara ije nwe ula

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by dealslip(f): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
DocHMD:

Of course if not we would have been witnessing blood she'd like the north.
BTW wetin concern you.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
electricdangers:

i am a coward and also a midget ,my mother is also a coward and a midget too
. fixed
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
Odkosh:
[s][/s]Stop editing people's post. We all saw what he posted, so editing it from now till tomorrow won't change anything.
. wee you keep kwayet

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by deomelllo: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2018
knowledgeable:

Idiot, Igbos sacrificed millions of lives to be separated from you(Nigeria/lagos/Yoruba land), but you idiots gave a shit/your lives(in form of Nigerian soldiers) to force the Igbos back, you fool.

Separate from kini? Your fake and rubbish storytelling forefathers obviously did not tell you about their invasion and attempt to take over Yoruba land during your foolish war adventure.

The lives you wasted is your own headache and the coward who sent you to the battlefield ran off the battlefield like a little girl and returned to Nigeria to collect his Nigerian military rank, his Nigerian military pension, asked his own into people to vote for Hausa man/IBB and when he died, he was buried with the Nigerian flag on top of his coffin.

Separation is done via referendum at the UN, not shouting and barking like bingo on the internet.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by electricdangers: 1:27am On Feb 10, 2018
EODforce:
I will surely die a miserable death for being a coward. Woe unto my smelly mother.

Amen.
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by bakynes(m): 3:46am On Feb 10, 2018
Amarabae:
I don't see why this should be an issue ,
Lagos is a Yoruba state.
Case closed .
I love bills like this, let it remind the lagosian Igbos that Obiara ije nwe ula
This girl get sense among many foolish and Ignorant Igbos.
No matter how cosmopolitan Lagos is will not change the fact it is a Yoruba state.

London is the most cosmopolitan city in the World(my opinion) even areas like Balham is Indian and Pakistani dominated with Indian MP but it doesnt change the fact it's England so likewise Lagos may be cosmopolitan but doesn't change the fact it's Yoruba Land.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by EODforce: 6:59am On Feb 10, 2018
electricdangers:

i will die cruelly before the week runs out .
. Amen and Amen
Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2018
i strongly support it....other areas mostly in the north n east uses their main dialect to convey messages..even to deal with anything body..just that Lagos has welcome so many tribes and the Yoruba language has been replace by either English or our pidgin....well the gov't of Lagos is working...let Yoruba languages never die in Lagos..atleast I was born dia, school dia, grew up dis and learnt the people culture..no matter what, the y orubas are the most tolerant in this country....forget their juju wahala, they will never pursue you if you did not strike them first...i wish...i wish...God bless their ancestor oduduwa!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by jaidey1: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2018
Zgyn:
Lol, and the Yørubas gets unsecured/triggered whenever anybody from the East promotes Igbo culture and achievements on Frontpage.

Bunch of clowns

how to we get unsecured/triggered according to your foolish sentiments? No one is stopping you from promoting your culture. Lagos is Yoruba land and we are free to do any we like with our state. Ignorant one

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by electricdangers: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2018
EODforce:
. May i use my hand to bury all my kids and family. Amen and Amen

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by jahrule: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
I already knew some moves like this would happen when igbo people were making noise up and down that Lagos is no man 's land. Yoruba surely know how to respond to things. this is permanent response which would make igbos shut up for life. I expect more strategic laws as this would be made.
Throwback:

Only a bastard does not know where he belongs.

Let the minority pass their own bill naa. Or has anyone stopped them if they have the number?

The day Enugu or Anambra will belong to all Igbos, only then can you be taken serious outside your own tribal enclave. When you have already achieved integration within Igboland, you can then begin to seek integration among people you hate.

Clansmen looking for integration. Why not embrace the culture of where you are refugees so you can be integrated?

When in Rome, behave like the Romans.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State: Yoruba Language Preservation Bill Was Passed Today by omonnakoda: 4:00am On Mar 22, 2023
Time for vigorous enforcement

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Politically Incorrect Jokes / I Was Wrong, Until GOD Reveal To Me That Thief Atiku Will.... / IPOB Secures American Christian Networks To Cover Christian Killings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.