Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Great Benin Empire - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Benin Empire (8307 Views)

Lagos Belongs To The Great Benin Kingdom: OBA OF LAGOS / Great Benin descendants thread / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
historyworld031:
http://ipnnews.info/oba-of-benin-greater-than-any-yoruba-monarch-esogban-of-benin-replies-alake-of-egbaland/

"For instance, the one they call the Oba of Lagos, these are recent adaptations. In the 50s, there was no Oba of Lagos, what we had was the Eleko of Eko. That is the title of the King there. In Ibadan, you have the Olu Ibadan. You come to Abeokuta, you have the Alake of Egba land. You come to Oyo, you have the Alaafin of Oyo. In Ilesha, you have the Owa-Obokun of IIesha. So no Yoruba monarch had as part of his titles the word Oba except the Oba of Benin."
Oba means king in Yoruba before the reign of Oduduwa.

Example Obatala was the predecessor of Oduduwa. Oduduwa also was an Oba(king)
they all have titles which symbolized where they are reigning over.

Know the different between King and a title of the kingdom.

Every king in Yoruba are Oba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
You expect me not to defend myself while your yoruba "people" are here insulting my people ?
You skipped all the yoruba insults and quoted me instead while calling for the youth to stop fighting and insulting each other.
At least what I said is backed by actual historical documents while your yoruba "people" just invade atopic that has nothing to do with yoruba and start spreading yoruba ethnocentric lies and insults to the Edo people.
babasolution:

cant you guys pls stop of these fighting and quarelling and bad labelling of tribes,its not necessary we are all one people,these are what fuels african disunity and infighting let the youths stop all these sentimentalities and move on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

And you know this because you have a time machine ?
News flash: oduduwa is a myth like father christmass, he never existed !
You guys are really confused, it is as if you don't understand that a word could be adopted from an other language, the same way the british took the words "friend" and "foe" from the vikings.
The fact that the word Oba means king in yoruba doesn't imply it was not borrowed from the Edo whose king's title is the word Oba itself !
Omo n'Oba n'Edo !
Instead of just talking about myths, why don't you just go through the archives and notice that it is only in the mid colonial era that your yoruba chiefs started adding the word "Oba" to their title !
Re: The Great Benin Empire by scholes0(m): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
historyworld031:

You guys are really confused, it is as if you don't understand that a word could be adopted from an other manguage, the same way the british took the words "friend" and "foe" from the vikings.
The fact that the word Oba means king in yoruba doesn't imply it was not borrowed from the Edo whose king's title is the word Oba itself !
Omo n'Oba n'Edo !
Instead of just talking about myths, why don't you just go through the archives and notice that it is only in the mid colonial era that your yoruba chiefs started adding the word "Oba" to their title !

No.

Word for King in Edo languages is Ogie or Oje or Ovie or E.tc, not Oba.
Word for King in Yoruba is Oba and Oba only. Nothing else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
And now a yoruba wants to teach me my language ?
How do you guys have conversations with normal human beings ?
has logics failed you so much that when talking to someone, you must speak on behalf of the person to whom you are talking ?
For your information, in every kingdom the word for King and the title of the King are the same thing !
England: king
Germany: keiser
Rome: Cezar
Russia: Tzar
France: Roi
Benin Kingdom: Oba
oyo: alafin

scholes0:

No.

Word for King in Edo languages is Ogie or Oje or Ovie or E.tc, not Oba.
Word for King in Yoruba is Oba and Oba only. Nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by scholes0(m): 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
historyworld031:

Ogie na Ogie

Oba na Oba.

3 Likes

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
historyworld031:

You guys are really confused, it is as if you don't understand that a word could be adopted from an other manguage, the same way the british took the words "friend" and "foe" from the vikings.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo !

No sir you are wrong.

Shut up sir. Omon'Oba means the son of Oba of Edo..that's d title.

Eweka which Yoruba people known as Owomika is the first Omo n'Oba n'Edo(son) of Oba Benin kingdom while Oranmiyan is the father and the first Oba himself (a title he brought from Ife) he doesn't want Ogiso.

Before Oduduwa, "Oba" has been the word "king" in Yoruba language while "king" in Benin was Ogiso.

4 Likes

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
historyworld031:
has logics failed you so much that when talking to someone, you must speak on behalf of the person to whom you are talking ?
For your information, in every kingdom the word for King and the title of the King are the same thing !
England: king
Germany: keiser
Rome: Cezar
Russia: Tzar
France: Roi
Benin Kingdom: Oba
oyo: Oba

You need serious education sir, Oranmiyan left Benin kingdom to be the first Oba of Oyo with a title known as Alaafin.

He is still the same person that founded the two kingdom.
Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Oduduwa was the first Oba of ife , he wasn't the father of Oranmiyan. Oranmiyan was birth over 500years after Oduduwa has passed but he was in the lineage of Oduduwa.
Five great grandson Obas of Oduduwa had reigned before the birth of Oduduwa.

Do u knw wat u r saying at all? go and get your information from Oba of Benin's palace. ask them for the official Oba of Benin's palace language before it was aborted by Akenzua.

The official palace of Oba of Benin was Yoruba before it was stopped in the 1940s.

The earlier Oba of Benin were all buried at ile Ife in a place called "Burial of Oba of Binis " till today.

Also check this page

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_of_Benin

you agree that oduduwa is the FIRST OBA OF IFE.you now said that 5 great grandsons of Obas EXISTED before the first oba of ife Oduduwa.

You said Oranmiyan's came 500 years after the death of Oduduwa.and till now I am asking you who was oranmiyan's father?

you obviously don't know and I am telling come for tutorial.it is free.OK I will send you in PDF format

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2018
baralatie:

that is because you do not know that Benin is the predecessor of the ooni of ife
No actually. ooni of Ife is of ife origin. it is like a jewel that everyone wants to claim cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Did u think Oranmiyan chased Ogiso kings easily.. d Yoruba people knew he won d war BTW Yoruba and Benin.

Many part of Edo is our territory
Oranmiyan wasn't the one who won the war, but his descendant Ewedo, who was the 5th Oba of Bini or so. The war with the Ogisos lasted many years
Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 12:56am On Feb 10, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Example Obatala was the predecessor of Oduduwa. Oduduwa also was an Oba(king)
they all have titles which symbolized where they are reigning over.

Know the different between King and a title of the kingdom.

Every king in Yoruba are Oba
Actually Oduduwa,never went by the title "oba". the likes of Obawinrin, Obalejugbe, Obadio etc who he was Lord over held the titles "Oba" as the had for centuries before. oduduwa himself went by titles such as "Owoni"(or Ooni), Olofin, Olufe. Oba only became popular by its use by Oduduwa's children who went out of Ife to found dynasties. the origin of the tile is Ife but the generic word for a King in Yoruba is 'Olu', similarly the Igala have 'Onu'

1 Like

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 10, 2018
Who can have a discussion with crazy yoruba people ? What in hell are these fraudsters doing here anyway ?
yoruba, take your nonesense elsewhere and leave us Edo alone.
Each thread about Edo on nairaland keeps getting infested with ethnocentric yoruba who would come and start making the most laughable claims. Could you guys keep your stupid stories for your own threads ? Jesus !
Enough of this harrassment !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 10, 2018
Who allowed the internet in yaba left ?
You should always warn people that you are mentally ill before making your crazy claims.
Once again, oduduwa is a myth !
Do you understand the word "myth" ?
He never existed ! just like father christmass !

macof:
Actually Oduduwa,never went by the title "oba". the likes of Obawinrin, Obalejugbe, Obadio etc who he was Lord over held the titles "Oba" as the had for centuries before. oduduwa himself went by titles such as "Owoni"(or Ooni), Olofin, Olufe. Oba only became popular by its use by Oduduwa's children who went out of Ife to found dynasties. the origin of the tile is Ife but the generic word for a King in Yoruba is 'Olu', similarly the Igala have 'Onu'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 10, 2018
And you get all this rubbish out of the top of your head. Or perharps you are involved in some serious time travel.
macof:
Oranmiyan wasn't the one who won the war, but his descendant Ewedo, who was the 5th Oba of Bini or so. The war with the Ogisos lasted many years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:14am On Feb 10, 2018
You are the one here who keeps trying to claim the title Oba and the Oba of Benin Kingdom, don't turn the situation the other way round !

macof:
No actually. ooni of Ife is of ife origin. it is like a jewel that everyone wants to claim cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 10, 2018
Please don't try to engage the morron in a debate about myths.
We are Edo, we have a true history backed by historical documents.
We don't need to have sensless debates about fables.
baralatie:

you agree that oduduwa is the FIRST OBA OF IFE.you now said that 5 great grandsons of Obas EXISTED before the first oba of ife Oduduwa.

You said Oranmiyan's came 500 years after the death of Oduduwa.and till now I am asking you who was oranmiyan's father?

you obviously don't know and I am telling come for tutorial.it is free.OK I will send you in PDF format

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 10, 2018
You fool, oranmiyan never existed.
You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "education".
All you are saying are nothing but your dogma, not actual education. You chose to believe a stupid and debunked story the same way boko haram choses to believe the earth is flat. You are that dumb.

Onijagidijagan:

You need serious education sir, Oranmiyan left Benin kingdom to be the first Oba of Oyo with a title known as Alaafin.

He is still the same person that founded the two kingdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 10, 2018
I just have the feeling I am talking to some 12 year olds here.
Once again, odudduwa never existed, he is a made up character in a rather silly story !!!
On what are you basing your claims ?
I am getting the feeling which I get when I am talking to a religious fanatic. There is no place for logics in your speech, just blind belief and everybody must just get on board no matter how strong their logical arguments are.

In europe kids understand on their own by age ten that father christmass never existed.
But it seems that it takes more time in nigeria in which the average IQ is 70.

Look let me help your slow head a little bit, the following are myths, they never existed:

1) oduduwa
2) Ogiso
3) Oranmiyan

Onijagidijagan:

No sir you are wrong.

Shut up sir. Omon'Oba means the son of Oba of Edo..that's d title.

Eweka which Yoruba people known as Owomika is the first Omo n'Oba n'Edo(son) of Oba Benin kingdom while Oranmiyan is the father and the first Oba himself (a title he brought from Ife) he doesn't want Ogiso.

Before Oduduwa, "Oba" has been the word "king" in Yoruba language while "king" in Benin was Ogiso.
Re: The Great Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 10, 2018
Edo can't talk on nairaland without being harrassed by yoruba. Igbo as well are being harrassed by yoruba. Are harrassment and deception the true colours of "yoruba culture" ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by AreaFada2: 4:54am On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
Edo can't talk on nairaland without being harrassed by yoruba. Igbo as well are being harrassed by yoruba. Are harrassment and deception the true colours of "yoruba culture" ?

Now you see. It exposes the myth that Yoruba people are accommodating and tolerant. Behind your back they are not. An anonymous platform like Nairaland gives them the perfect medium to show it.

I liken many SW people's way to the ignorance of some Europeans. While educated, their education and worldview are very narrow and centered on self/nationalism.

In the middle of a major European city, SW colleagues of an Edo man berated fellow European workers for relying on an Edo man when seeking information on Nigerian/African politics and history in general.

An Edo man with a First class degree from 9ja's premier university. The Europeans had come to appreciate his concise analysis of current affairs. And they always cross-checked his analyses and found them very factual. But SW people told the Europeans to ignore his opinion because as " a minority tribe, he knows nothing about Nigeria". Behind the Edo man's back of course. The Europeans marveled at their foolishness. grin cheesy

Over the years here on NL, I have robustly engaged SW people on history. When frustrated they end up swearing and cursing. Resorting to agbero tactics when their pretentious intellectualism fails. So much about cultured and sophisticated omoluabis. shocked shocked shocked

I am sure of my history. I heard same consistent oral history from people born in 1870s. Many lived till around early 1990s. People who were at least teenagers when Ovonramwen crisis broke out in 1897. My people played a part in our history. No herd mentality, use of tribal numerical advantage or harassment can faze me.

Landmarks of that history remain. Dukes and chiefs whose ancestors played a part in that history are today's "living history".

They believe only their Northern masters have the right to speak. Southern tribes should be their servant.
But we in Edo had colonies in swathes of Yorubaland from Eastern Yorubaland to Lagos. They can deny it as they want. They can twist it as they want. But they cannot change it. No farytale of someone using chain to descend from heaven or hell can change it. cheesy cheesy grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 8:45am On Feb 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

Now you see. It exposes the myth that Yoruba people are accommodating and tolerant. Behind your back they are not. An anonymous platform like Nairaland gives them the perfect medium to show it.

I liken many SW people's way to the ignorance of some Europeans. While educated, their education and worldview are very narrow and centered on self/nationalism.

In the middle of a major European city, SW colleagues of an Edo man berated fellow European workers for relying on an Edo man when seeking information on Nigerian/African politics and history in general.

An Edo man with a First class degree from 9ja's premier university. The Europeans had come to appreciate his concise analysis of current affairs. And they always cross-checked his analyses and found them very factual. But SW people told the Europeans to ignore his opinion because as " a minority tribe, he knows nothing about Nigeria". Behind the Edo man's back of course. The Europeans marveled at their foolishness. grin cheesy

Over the years here on NL, I have robustly engaged SW people on history. When frustrated they end up swearing and cursing. Resorting to agbero tactics when their pretentious intellectualism fails. So much about cultured and sophisticated omoluabis. shocked shocked shocked

I am sure of my history. I heard same consistent oral history from people born in 1870s. Many lived till around early 1990s. People who were at least teenagers when Ovonramwen crisis broke out in 1897. My people played a part in our history. No herd mentality, use of tribal numerical advantage or harassment can faze me.

Landmarks of that history remain. Dukes and chiefs whose ancestors played a part in that history are today's "living history".

They believe only their Northern masters have the right to speak. Southern tribes should be their servant.
But we in Edo had colonies in swathes of Yorubaland from Eastern Yorubaland to Lagos. They can deny it as they want. They can twist it as they want. But they cannot change it. No farytale of someone using chain to descend from heaven or hell can change it. cheesy cheesy grin grin

Hate Yoruba all you want, it is great people that are hated out of pure envy and inferiority complex. Doesn't change the fact that the Oba of bini is a Yoruba Prince ruling over the Edo people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 8:53am On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
Who can have a discussion with crazy yoruba people ? What in hell are these fraudsters doing here anyway ?
Each thread about Edo on nairaland keeps getting infested with ethnocentric yoruba who would come and start making the most laughable claims. Could you guys keep your stupid stories for your own threads ? Jesus !

cheesy Lunatic. Your hatred for Yoruba is frying your brain grin
Don't go and get Hbp over Yoruba greatest (that Bini have always benefited from)

2 Likes

Re: The Great Benin Empire by peterphd(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:

Hahaha edo calling Yoruba scammers??

1 Like

Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2018
macof:

Hate Yoruba all you want, it is great people that are hated out of pure envy and inferiority complex. Doesn't change the fact that the Oba of bini is a Yoruba Prince ruling over the Edo people

how does it change that fact that an Edo prince is the ooni of ife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 11:33am On Feb 10, 2018
baralatie:

how does it change that fact that an Edo prince is the ooni of ife
but Ooni of Ife is not an Edo prince grin there is no evidence to support your claim
And your elders who invented the ekaledehan story know this

Oduduwa is from Oke-ora...so sorry to burst your bubble

3 Likes

Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2018
macof:
but Ooni of Ife is not an Edo prince grin there is no evidence to support your claim
And your elders who invented the ekaledehan story know this

Oduduwa is from Oke-ora...so sorry to burst your bubble
unfortunately there is no evidence to lay claim that your Oduduwa is from oke ora.
so sorry about your own loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2018
small,small truth struck but you all keep up with the thread and unravel the dark secrets of history.
there is still the ijebu myths to unfold
Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
baralatie:

unfortunately there is no evidence to lay claim that your Oduduwa is from oke ora.
so sorry about your own loss
actually there is.
1. Ife oral traditions clearly state Oke-ora
2. Ooni coronation rites starts at Oke-ora
3. ooni ancestral shrine is at oke-ora
4. Ooni is given the Ade Oduduwa at Oke-ora
5. Oduduwa's palace(not the modern palace that was built by later Oonis) is at Ido (a community at the foot of Oke-ora)

It is you Bini who say 'Uhe o bie Oba' Ife birthed the Oba. It is you Bini who call Your Oba 'Ovbi Oodua n'uhe' Son of Oduduwa of Ife

There is no Bini tradition that connects Oba of Bini to Ogiso. Even the ogiso family still exist today(now called Ogiamien) and they call the Omo n'Oba a foreigner. Have you never heard of Oba Ewedo, who defeated the Ogiamien and gained access into the modern Benin City...and the epic Ekiopagha Treaty?
When Owodo was banished to exile for killing the pregnant woman, Evian his younger brother a man of many talents, a mystic, craftsman, an herbalist, an astrologer, any areas you call him he was always available to and he will do it perfectly. All these actually endeared him to the Binis to make him rule them, when his elder brother same father and same mother that is the last Ogiso Owodo was banished. So when he was old he decided to nominate his son to take over from him after ruling for 40 years...

This be the case; the Ogiamien Royal Family demands as follows:

That total establishment by the Government of Edo State, a separate Traditional Council for the Ogiamien Royal Family Chieftaincy as contained in the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict No. 37 of 1968 and all other extant laws in this regard.
The total refund of the amount of money due to the Ogiamien from the Local Government Councils under him from 1968 till date.
Proper observance of the treaty of Ekiokpagha.
Direct collection of his royalties from the Local Government Councils under the domain of the Ogiamien.
Recognition of the Ogiamien as a King and not a Chief under the Oba of Benin as the Ogiamien is equal in rank of status with the Oba of Benin (in modern times) if not superior to, because the Ogiamien remains permanently the Oba’s Lessor
http://www.theeaglegate.com/ogiamien-vs-oba-of-benin-what-will-the-court-decide/

I know you hate Yoruba but if you can be honest to yourself at least

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
macof:
actually there is.
1. Ife oral traditions clearly state Oke-ora
2. Ooni coronation rites starts at Oke-ora
3. ooni ancestral shrine is at oke-ora
4. Ooni is given the Ade Oduduwa at Oke-ora
5. Oduduwa's palace(not the modern palace that was built by later Oonis) is at Ido (a community at the foot of Oke-ora)

It is you Bini who say 'Uhe o bie Oba' Ife birthed the Oba. It is you Bini who call Your Oba 'Ovbi Oodua n'uhe' Son of Oduduwa of Ife

There is no Bini tradition that connects Oba of Bini to Ogiso. Even the ogiso family still exist today(now called Ogiamien) and they call the Omo n'Oba a foreigner. Have you never heard of Oba Ewedo, who defeated the Ogiamien and gained access into the modern Benin City...and the epic Ekiopagha Treaty?

I know you hate Yoruba but if you can be honest to yourself at least
point of correction!
the ogiamen is not ogiso!
there is no record in the line of the ogisos that had ogiamen as an heir to the throne because ogiamen was a chief in the Benin palace when ogosi owodo died
the oral traditions of the Benin folklore and Benin records states that the son of Ogiso Owodo came to Ife and settled there
the folklore also states that the son of ogiso changed his name to Oduduwa that is why you do not have his birth records in ife because Oduduwa whose real name is Ekaladerhan, is the son of Ogiso Owodo. Ekaladerhan now Oduduwa cannot abdicate his throne in ile ife as ooni because of obatala who he has displaced to be the spiritual head now sent oranmiyan his son to ascend the throne as an king where oranmiyan's was resisted by ogiamen!
Re: The Great Benin Empire by macof(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
baralatie:

point of correction!
the ogiamen is not ogiso!
there is no record in the line of the ogisos that had ogiamen as an heir to the throne because ogiamen was a chief in the Benin palace when ogosi owodo died
the oral traditions of the Benin folklore and Benin records states that the son of Ogiso Owodo came to Ife and settled there
the folklore also states that the son of ogiso changed his name to Oduduwa that is why you do not have his birth records in ife because Oduduwa whose real name is Ekaladerhan, is the son of Ogiso Owodo. Ekaladerhan now Oduduwa cannot abdicate his throne in ile ife as ooni because of obatala who he has displaced to be the spiritual head now sent oranmiyan his son to ascend the throne as an king where oranmiyan's was resisted by ogiamen!

Ogiamen is the son of Evian who was brother to Ogiso owodo. So that makes them family and the Ogiamien has been the custodian of the Ogiso heritage. The history is there

Ogiamien family insists that the Oba of Benin signed a treaty that made him a tenant - Royal family adds that the Oba's family are from Ile Ife - Accuses the Oba family of distorting history

https://www.naija.ng/832915-controversy-crown-prince-eheneden-erediuwa-tenant-benin-kingdom.html#832915

Ekaledahn being Oduduwa is not part of Bini traditions, this is a recent claim that is not grounded in the traditions and culture of Bini people. It is like the mecca claim that many Yoruba muslims were propagating that has no traditional source. Both claims being far from history

also to add, it is impossible for Odudwa to have come from Bini and Ife would not have traditions hinting to that, Bini is not a strange place that such event would go unrecorded.

why do you bini say 'Uhe o bie Oba' Ife birthed the Oba...not Bini birthed the Oba or Ogiso birthed the Oba.. and call the Oba 'Ovbi Oodua n'uhe' Son of Oduduwa of Ife..not Son of Ekaledehan or Son of Ogiso?

Use your head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Benin Empire by baralatie(m): 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
macof:

Ogiamen is the son of Evian who was brother to Ogiso owodo. So that makes them family and the Ogiamien has been the custodian of the Ogiso heritage. The history is there

Ekaledahn being Oduduwa is not part of Bini traditions, this is a recent claim that is not grounded in the traditions and culture of Bini people. It is like the mecca claim that many Yoruba muslims were propagating that has no traditional source. Both claims being far from history

also to add, it is impossible for Odudwa to have come from Bini and Ife would not have traditions hinting to that, Bini is not a strange place that such event would go unrecorded.

why do you bini say 'Uhe o bie Oba' Ife birthed the Oba...not Bini birthed the Oba or Ogiso birthed the Oba.. and call the Oba 'Ovbi Oodua n'uhe' Son of Oduduwa of Ife..not Son of Ekaledehan or Son of Ogiso?

Use your head
Now that you have realised that there is an ogiso owodo .That is a good start
Now Ogiso Owodo had a son by the the name Ekaladerhan who came and settled in ife and became the spiritual head after his displacing of obatala at ife.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mime And Movement: History Of Mime / What Is Million In, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo Etc Etc?. / Difference Between Language And Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.