Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,528 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (53377 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ZorGBUooeh: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
sasalite:

You misunderstand me, the Hausas are also in the same shoes with the Yorubas (they are both ruled by minority Fulanis). What am saying is the Hausas need to follow suit in this cause.
Hausas are fulani allies, and they are the biggest beneficiaries of the alliance.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Eh,Go ad import your brothers from bene ad Togo na..Abi when did hausas turn yoruba?
Are you Hausa?

What is your own business?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
[img][/img]
ZorGBUooeh:

Hausas are fulani allies, and they are the highest beneficiaries of the alliance.
Not fully correct

The Hausas are suffering in silence the same way the yorubas in kwara and Kogi state are suffering.

How come the fulanis have ruled Nigeria more than the hausas?
How come the fulanis call the shots more than the hausas despite being the minority tribe?

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
Where is Lalasticlala sef
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Guestlander: 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
[img][/img]
Not fully correct

The Hausas are suffering in silence the same way the yorubas in kwara and Kogi state are suffering.

How come the fulanis have ruled Nigeria more than the hausas?
How come the fulanis call the shots more than the hausas despite being the minority tribe?

Crying more than the bereaved. The Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi are suffering but someone from across the Niger is crying and lamenting over it on the Internet, Wonderful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by limeta(f): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chai
No wonder yorubas are the way they are

7 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by histemple: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
I was actually thinking that this Afonja is a derogatory term like Igbo, Brown roof, developers etc.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Xisnin(m): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Hausas are fulani allies, and they are the biggest beneficiaries of the alliance.
Wrong, they are undereducated and reduced to errand boys and foot soldiers.
Can you name one Hausa President ,Governor or even Emir in Nigeria?
You can't find one because only the Fulanis get proper education and continue
to dominate the Hausas using religion as a potent tool.

9 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by iykekelvins(m): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
What a coincidence! We learnt this in History class today.

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Windflower(f): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
This is long overdue,am tired of people referring to me as non Yoruba because am from kwara state. I have to start explaining history to them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
histemple:
I was actually thinking that this Afonja is a derogatory term like Igbo, Brown roof, developers etc.

Nope. Afonja was the man that sold the yorubas in Ilorin to the fulanis.

14 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Liscolite1: 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Enlighten me people...Is a Yoruba oba not incharge of ilorin??
na emir of ilorin not Oba of ilorin

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
iykekelvins:
What a coincidence! We learnt this in History class today.
What school? Definitely not in Nigeria. I might be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by madridguy(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
Impossible.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
But how did we allow normads travelling from the middle-east through Africa to settle on our lands,capture it and begin to rule us? If this isn't slavery then what is?

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by dlondonbadboy: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
Liscolite1:
na emir of ilorin not Oba of ilorin

Chaii

5 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by iykekelvins(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What school? Definitely not in Nigeria. I might be wrong though
Lol, MOUAU in umuahia.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by DocHMD: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
Firefire:
PROUDLY AFONJA, PROUDLY YORUBA.

Let me go and look for Mohomodu Buhary posts....

Pray for Buhary: Psalms 109:8 because of Daniel 5:26-28.

My brother, the way you dey call 'mohomodu' funny no be small. Na typical yoruba accent be dat.

Reminds me of 'umoru are you dead?' from OBJ.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
Crocky23:
Alimi was a kick@ss mu-ffukker.
Yeah
Alimi - kick ass
Afonja - lick ass

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Firefire(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
DocHMD:

My brother, the way you dey call 'mohomodu' funny no be small. Na typical yoruba accent be dat.

Reminds me of 'umoru are you dead?' from OBJ.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by BigBrother9ja: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
Firefire:
PROUDLY AFONJA, PROUDLY YORUBA.

Let me go and look for Mohomodu Buhary posts....

Pray for Buhary: Psalms 109:8 because of Daniel 5:26-28.
Proudly Yoruba but NEVER afonja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Odkosh: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

From the write up it shows they are not.

The fulanis have been ruling Ilorin from time memorial till date.

They lost their lands to the fulanis long ago, the same way the hausas lost their lands to the fulanis.

Well, atleast they are beginning to wake up and see the light.

To the Afonjas (yorubas), all I can say is fight and recover your ancestral land.
You mean, afonjas(Ilorin yorubas).Others will never fight thr fight with the afonjas.

5 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by oluwazoba25: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
now I no the real meaning of afonja

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Most people don't know that the hausas find it as an insult if you call them Fulani.
Meet a true Hausa man and call him Fulani and see how angry he will be as he sees it as a great insult.
You àre very right. I was chatting with a northern customer of mine at a major market in Lagos who sells,yams.We were arguing about the price of things and I said,"Sebi na your brother be president?".he got very angry and said,me I no be Fulani,I be Hausa,he no be my brother. Let me just leave out other things he said.

11 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Odkosh: 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Most people don't know that the hausas find it as an insult if you call them Fulani.
Meet a true Hausa man and call him Fulani and see how angry he will be as he sees it as a great insult.
I tried it with two hausas, they nearly fought me.

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by bionixs: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
devindevin2000:
Confused Afonjas...they will leave their problems and be interfering in Eastern Region affairs. Wicked busy-body things!
they are very complicated specie

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Odingo1: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ilorin and some parts of Yorubaland is lost to Fulanis forever, fulani never let go, attempt to recover it is a journey to nowhere.

Hausa did not lose their land to fulanis, they lost control over their land and fulani surrendered their language to Hausas and adopted hausa as general language in the core north.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by phreakabit(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
LMAO! See this people. Bus wey don go since when?

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by obaataaokpaewu: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Reading this, I saw characteristics of Afonja. He will praise Fulani, he will curse Fulani. He will say things are OK now that Yoruba is majority, he will turn around and say another thing. He will say they wouldn't mind fighting to install oba, he will say another thing.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo) / The Eggon People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.