Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (53504 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
But some of them have eboe names? How come? Some of them openly complained of slavery in Benue state and cried out for help busy body.

Lmao. Igbos migrated to a state which is not theirs, so if they are marginalized or anything it's not their birth right to overthrow the indigenous of dat state. That some of them answer ibo names is caused by different things, one being that there must have been different marriages with the other tribe. Once again, ur argument is baseless

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
u guys shudnt get me wrong pls,wat m hapi 4 is dat m a muslim and m hapi 4 bin one.moreover,no stupid bigot rule ova me,i v neva seen d emir b4 self,i dnt even live dia.no one can change d past,d deed has bin done already.

The present can be changed and what is done now can alter the future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:
A Gazillion opc's and a Trillion agbakoyas can't try it..Even in dia wildest dreamz.
Fulanis are dead flies in illorin. They are cowards, no one is afraid of them.
Saraki is the major stumbling block, if he dies, the alliance of Fulani to Ilorin dies.
Yorubas will correct the mistake of Alimi no matter how long it takes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
Odingo1:

hmm, so Igbos is longer indigenous to only SE , a lot fact is coming out.
You can be indigenous to anywhere. What matter is how you relate with your neighbours there and if they accept you or not. I have seen many Ikwere and Anioma deny that they are eboe. That does not mean that they do not have ancestral lineage with the eboes. They may not like your guts and deny you because of that. Even among the so called 5 SE state, you see some discrimation against wawa , mbaise eboe etc. Some consider Ebonyi eboes as not real eboe or inferior.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Exactly. That's why nairaland, Seun, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 needs to push more history related threads to front page.

A lot of people don't know who Afonja is. They think it is an insult.

The fulanis in power were smart to remove history from our educational curriculum
I think this generation of youth should regularly consult Google since they don't have history on schools anymore.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

Lmao. Igbos migrated to a state which is not theirs, so if they are marginalized or anything it's not their birth right to overthrow the indigenous of dat state. That some of them answer ibo names is caused by different things, one being that there must have been different marriages with the other tribe. Once again, ur argument is baseless
Different marriages, yet they share boundary with you at Nsukka, and look like you. The lost tribe of eboe. LMAO.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Kennyg101: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
devindevin2000:
Confused Afonjas...they will leave their problems and be interfering in Eastern Region affairs. Wicked busy-body things!
for your mind you don talk be that? Fool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Sunymoore:

Say it.. No problem will befall him, he's an anonymous
Not necessary my brother.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

The present can be changed and what is done now can alter the future.
u r on a long tin bro,d present can only b changed through endless bloodshed and war.tell me,is dat wat we really nid at d moment wen 9ja is in crisis?
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
madridguy:
Impossible.
It will shock you. The era of emir in Ilorin is coming to an end. The people of ilorin will practice Islam with a Muslim Oba on the throne of their fathers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Different marriages, yet they share boundary with you at Nsukka, and look like you. The lost tribe of eboe. LMAO.

Don't try to divert the topic at hand. I'm one of those type who doesn't look at all these tribal war going on, I act based on reasonable arguments if an Igbo bashes a Yoruba and what he says makes sense from my view I'll stand by him, if it's the other way round I'll also do the same.
No one is complaining about shit, if you want to come up with such statements you better have statistical and real and sufficient evidence to back it up else it becomes a poorly composed fairy tale to everyone. The topic at hand is how, why, and what can be done by the Afonja and yorubas in general to claim what was rightfully theirs. So stop bending it

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
am ashame,wat a shame.am from ilorin and everytime i see ilorin history,i always feel helpless.those fulani are devils,nonetheless,am a muslim,thats d only thing i got from them wc am happy for.

TheKingIsHere:

I tell you.

That's another problem the fulanis have used to cause a discord among yorubas. The Muslims will say they thank fulanis for bringing Islam hence they are ready to surrender their lands and heritage to the fulanis

No! You did not get Islam from Fulani. Islam had been in Yoruba land before Fulanis or Hausa began to take it serious - see Iwo town in Osun state for example. A good number of Yoruba people in Oyo, Iseyin, Ibadan, Osogbo, Ijaiye& so on were mislims before Afonja invited Alimi. In fact, some of the Ibadan army who fought against Fulani army and defeated them in Osogbo & Odo-Otin were muslims; for example Aare Latosa the head of Ibadan army was a muslim.

Contrary to general belief, Fulani, Hausa & Kanuri were slaves across Yoruba land who served domestic purposes & used during wars. They only used Ilorin as a haven when Afonja declared it a safe zone for them which made all of them flock there. When they invaded Oyo they killed people both Yoruba that were muslim & those who were not.

They did not give you Islam o! This is the mistake most Yoruba people make. We think Fulani brought Islam & introduced it to us, no they did not.

The Hausa which our fathers called Gambari, the Kanuri which pur fathers called Kanike & Fulani were used as our slaves when we were practising Islam way before Alimi & Afonja.

Pleas note this.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by madridguy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Don't have time for baseless argument.

ballerin:
It will shock you. The era of emir in Ilorin is coming to an end. The people of ilorin will practice Islam with a Muslim Oba on the throne of their fathers.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by santricedupas(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
fulani tribe knows all the laws of gaining power, they are master tactician. they made hausa major language in north over fulfude language inorder to control the majority uneducated almaajiris hausas, but hausas haave been brainwashed with Islam aand they can't figth back for their heritage culture values and beliefs, during the jihad war, igbo trybe should be thankful that tiv, jukun, mambilla, edo north, oyo stood there ground and repel the usmanu dan fodio slaves zombies armies under spell and oath. yorubas, edo north tivs kills most of the fulanis jihadists. but I don't think hausa indegines can take over there right back. but yorubas will install an obaa or oni ilorin in ilorin in no distant time.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Eluwilussit(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

What are Yoruba youths doing about this? This is a taboo na...It's like having a fulani man in Imo state as our igwe...chaii! Aru!

Igwe ke? That na small thing na. Hausa man be governor for Imo State na. angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
u r on a long tin bro,d present can only b changed through endless bloodshed and war.
Then be ready for war.. Yoruba Muslims are the problem of Yoruba. who says you can't practice your faith while having a Yoruba Oba on the throne?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by OyinO: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Seems the Afonja people are beginning to wake up from asslickicking of Hausa/Fulani.

10 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
Y0ruba:

No! You did not get Islam from Fulani. Islam had been in Yoruba land before Fulanis or Hausa began to take it serious - see Iwo town in Osun state for example. A good number of Yoruba people in Oyo, Iseyin, Ibadan, Osogbo, Ijaiye& so on were mislims before Afonja invited Alimi. In fact, some of the Ibadan army who fought against Fulani army and defeated them in Osogbo & Odo-Otin were muslims; for example Aare Latosa the head of Ibadan army was a muslim.

They did not give you Islam o! This is the mistake most Yoruba people make. We think Fulani brought Islam & introduced it to us, no they did not.
i am very gr8ful 4 d enlightenment,didnt knw dis much.cum see ao dem dey bash me since lyk say na fulani get d religion self.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Lovely538: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
BrosPeter:

And you think they can? Fulani even want Ogun and Ondo join.
Ibo's always turning every discussion to tribal matters against themself Ibo's, cannot become the president of Nigeria you will always be at the back seat in every Government in Nigeria

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Lovely538: 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
devindevin2000:
Confused Afonjas...they will leave their problems and be interfering in Eastern Region affairs. Wicked busy-body things!
Ibo's always turning every discussion to tribal matters against themself Ibo's, cannot become the president of Nigeria you will always be at the back seat in every Government in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
ballerin:
Then be ready for war.. Yoruba Muslims are the problem of Yoruba. who says you can't practice your faith while having a Yoruba Oba on the throne?
u hit am,i was talking 2 one of my brodas frm ilorin one day bashing dat stupid emir dat he is a politician,if u see ao he replied me.they have grown accustomed 2 dat guy lyk say na him b prophet muhammed.bt dey didnt knw history.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by ballerin(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
madridguy:
Don't have time for baseless argument.

Then keep shut. Ilorin is a yoruba word not fulfude. They want an Obaship not emir. either through peace or otherwise, they will get it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
My sister say it.. The Fulanis said worst.. So, just say it for prosperity sake
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
i am very gr8ful 4 d enlightenment,didnt knw dis much.cum see ao dem dey bash me since lyk say na fulani get d religion self.

No wahala brother mi.

This is the ignorance of Yoruba people which the Fulani capitalise on. Most people do not know ther History hence they peg the beginning of Islam in Yoruba land to Fulani. This is why most people accord Sultan of Sokoto the role of Islamic leader in Nigeria when Islam was already wide spread in Yoruba land before Dan Fodio was born.

This is the advantage the Emir of Ilorin benefits from. The moment most people begin to see that Yoruba ti gba esin Islam tipe tipe then the Emir will lose relevance.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Smooyis(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

This is why the cattle colony must be rejected in the south and the middle belt by all. The day you give a Fulani man your land, that is the end and beginning of trouble for you.
This was the greatest mistake Afonja made.

The people of OYO state are very smart. They were suspicious about the fulanis to they consulted their oracle which told them to drive the Fulani terrorists away or risk losing their lands, possessions and throne. If they didn't listen, alafin of OYO would have been a Fulani man.
The same oracle is warning them about voting for Buhari the Fulani terrorist or risk losing everything.

For those thinking that the fulanis are peaceful and friendly, the history is there to remind you of who they truly are. A perfect example is Muhammadu Buhari, who came to power in the pretense that he is changed only to show his hateful, vengeful and unforgiving self.
As for the yorubas whom are here shouting sai baba and supporting a terrorist. They are behaving like Afonja who sold his birth right to the fulanis. E.g Sarrki, madridguy, markfemi . The history is there to remind them.

Be wise. Shine your eyes
grin grin grin
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
My sister say it.. The Fulanis said worst.. So, just say it for prosperity sake
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by madridguy(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
To start with, are you from the town?

ballerin:
Then keep shut. Ilorin is a yoruba word not fulfude. They want an Obaship not emir. either through peace or otherwise, they will get it.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by PoliticalChinex(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
Afonja people are really cowards to be living under the bondage of the fulanis!

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by billyG(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Well, from what I read from history, the fulanis will first appear as if they are your friends. They will behave and make you believe that they mean no harm, after which they will strike.

The fulanis did it to the hausas. They also did it to the yorubas.

Most of the lands the fulanis are currently occupying in the core north belonged to the hausas.
The fulanis came like innocent visitors before launching jihad on the hausas.

As for Afonja, he wanted to win a war against his fellow yoruba so he sort help from the fulanis (his biggest mistake).

He(afonja) won the battle with the help of the fulanis but lost the war, their lands, their throne to the same fulanis that were supposed to help them
They not only loss their lands,they lost their freedom,pride,traditions,custom,religion & identity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chiedu4Trump: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

. This isn't the time to throw stones at one another
I'm 1000% igbo
For this ur statement I duff my hat .

We must admit our people no get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
Lovely538:

Easy there, let's talk about small matters at hand like how the above topic can come to fruition and not about gigantic presidential seat and all that. Anyone can rule Nigeria as long as he's a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
u hit am,i was talking 2 one of my brodas frm ilorin one day bashing dat stupid emir dat he is a politician,if u see ao he replied me.they have grown accustomed 2 dat guy lyk say na him b prophet muhammed.bt dey didnt knw history.

You just hit the nail on the head sir.

People do not know their history and that has created a lot of misunderstanding and misplaced nationalism.

If they teach Yoruba history in in primary & secondary schools you’ll see noticeable changes in nationalism and self-awareness within 10 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hope Labelled A Witch Years Ago, Becomes A Wedding Best Man In Akwa Ibom / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.