Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships (12597 Views)

Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal / Ava And Mia Mikel Obi Show Their Winning Medals At Sports Day In School / Tijani Babangida And Daniel Amokachi At Africa Legends Game In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by robosky02(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
Team Nigeria has won a total of 21 medals, leading the medal table at the ongoing Africa Wrestling Championships holding at the Alfred Diete-Spiff Civic Centre, Port Harcourt.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the medals comprise nine gold, five silver and seven bronze.

In the women category, the team won 10 medals, six gold, two silver and two bronze- while men have 11 medals of three gold, three silver and five bronze.

The medals were won in the concluded events of cadet Freestyle, cadet Greco-Roman and cadet women’s Wrestling.

A 16-year-old Stephen Akintewe of Akure High School, Akure, Ondo State, won a gold medal in the 60kg cadet attributing his victory to hard work.

Akintewe told NAN that he gave his all to training and took each bout cautiously following his coach’s instructions.

“While preparing for this tournament, I took all corrections seriously and did all that the coach asked me to do.

“This victory is as a result of hard work and taking each fight as they come.

“This is my first appearance at the Africa Championships and I’m very happy to win the gold medal, ” he said.

The gold medalist added that the feat would spur him to get better in the game so as to further represent the country at future tournaments.

“I believe if I can improve more on myself there’s still a lot I can do for my dear country. I will go back to intensive more efforts into my training,” Akinteye said.

NAN reports that the competition which commenced on Feb. 7 will end Feb. 11.

No fewer than 90 wrestlers are representing Nigeria at the championship.

The participating countries are Nigeria, Liberia, Egypt, Morocco, Guinea-Bissau, Tunisia, Algeria, Namibia, Kenya, Burundi, Senegal, Ghana, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Central Africa Republic and Madagascar. (NAN

cc: lalsticlala, mynd44
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/09/team-nigeria-leads-21-medals-africa-wrestling-championships/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Abbamizy(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nice one..
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by robosky02(m): 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
pictures...

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by obiZEAL(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
Wow...at least something positive

Please endeavor to get your PVC so we can salvage our future

15 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by symbianDON(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
with the kind of hunger and anger in the land, I'd be damne.d if they didn't lead the pack on the medals table......as in every Nigerian is a potential wrestler these days

9 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by ajoyeleke(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
Please how can I travel back to 1930?
O need to give buhari's father a condom
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by donmelinga(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
we sabi this one nah.
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by trapQ: 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
cheesy
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by lakesider(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
symbianDON:
with the kind of hunger and anger in the land, I'd be damne.d if they did lead the pack on the medals table......as in every Nigerian is potential wrestler these days
I can see you and your family are really hungry .
That's why you took up 20k e-warrior job .
Hunger catch u so try u no understand good news

3 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Nnaeb(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Na where you go see them...
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by funmilade4real(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Duke ko Rook ni...
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by mommaJ(f): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Mologi(m): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nigeria should better bid for world cup....

So that we can win this thing sharp sharp...
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by funmilade4real(m): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
obiZEAL:

ok
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Bustincole(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
I dont want adekunle gold, all i want is real gold, thank u

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Great !
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Ashley86400: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Twas quite entertaining. The Morrocan tomboy female wrestler was giving off attitude because the Egyptian female wrestler deprived her of the gold medal, leaving her with the silver.
Our Nigerian female wrestler humbly took the bronze.

Go team Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by MrMoney007: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nigeria's sportsmen, musicians and entrepreneurs are the external pride left.
The politicians are the SH!T, pastorpreneurs are the HOLE

Polithiefians + Pastorpreneurs = SHITHOLE!
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
wetin. you expect. took away the medal in our own country
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by neyo4: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
MrMoney007:
Nigeria's sportsmen, musicians and entrepreneurs are the external pride left.
The politicians are the SH!T, pastorpreneurs are the HOLE

Polithiefians + Pastorpreneurs = SHITHOLE!

dey re leading cos dey re cheating wit der age, notin good abt Dis country
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Afflalo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
I Dnt See John Cena Nd Randy Orton
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Abdul315(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nice
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Timoleon(m): 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
neyo4:

dey re leading cos dey re cheating wit der age, notin good abt Dis country

its not age that matter in wrestling...you fight according to your weight class.

2 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by Elonel04: 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dats good...
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by ufuosman(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Kudos and more medals to them
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by MyCircle(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
A country filled with talents but no good maintenance and development structure.

1 Like

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nigeria doing exceedingly well in sports lately

1 Like

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by EyeWeyDeySeeWel: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
D work of akpu
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by InvertedHammer: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
/
It should be easy win for the Nigerian team.

It depends on the coach.

Just tell the participants to think of the fuel scarcity, price of rice and Fulani herdsmen...

...then pretend that the opponent is Buhari.

/

4 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by dust88: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
Pepper them
Re: Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships by lloyds(m): 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
obiZEAL:

Donald Duke is handsome and that's all. He doesn't have track record of integrity or strong discipline character.

Atiku is definitely not the answer, neither is Buhari. Let's see how it goes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ubah Is The New Anambra FA Chairman, Photos From The Election / Sam Sodje, Others Accused Of Match Fixing. / Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.