Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) (36222 Views)

Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff / INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers State (SEE PHOTOS) / Jewish Community Storms Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Abia State. See Why. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by biobio111: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2018
I never paid for EEDC light since two years and 5 months ago and this idiot people called Enugu disco caught my power source and disconnect it. I'm happy that they don't go with my wire And I'm looking for another way to connect my light. I will never paid for electricity bill in this country until I see 24/7 power supply.

1 Like

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by jarrot(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2018
sanerugwei:

I will still advise you to augument the gen with the inverter of say 1.4kva which is around 250k for 2 batteries, you will still have savings on fuel, just that your inverter will not carry you fridge. If you run your gen for six hours pls six hours from phcn, your inverter will carry you all night or on demand.

Bear one thing in mind, if you plan to upscale the number of batteries in future, then the inverter has to be of higher capacity. Just search online shops like jumia to get idea of costs.

Thanks bro! enjoy your day
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Temmytea70(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
PHCN has been unbundled. It doesn't exist any longer

only surprised when it was mentioned
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by MsFaith: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2018
biobio111:
I never paid for EEDC light since two years and 5 months ago and this idiot people called Enugu disco caught my power source and disconnect it. I'm happy that they don't go with my wire And I'm looking for another way to connect my light. I will never paid for electricity bill in this country until I see 24/7 power supply .

It means you will have to wait till eternity because it can't happen. This is Nigeria. And mind you, it's still cheaper than running on gen.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Meetleader: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2018
jarrot:
Nairalanders please help me make a decision, a 4.5KVA gen of about 100K or an inverter of same amount thou it might not be strong enough to power my fridge which is better? I am tired of PHCN
Thanks

Go for the Gen, Thank me later...
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2018
Am about to bring a new style that will give u 13hours electricity a day

U can use medium fridge or freezer, Celine fan, standing fan, tv,

To pay 2500 connection fee and 4000 monthly

The expense of wire and change over for ur connections is in our expense

It will be coming to universities, college of education and polytechnics

Targeted for students only
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by skales67(m): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Baba for which part of Onitsha?

Awka rd, fegge, awada, woliwo etc?

which one is alkaline battery again?

There is a guy near main market who is a geek in electricals. The guy did the inverter for me 1.5kva and another person converted 2 almost dead acid batteries from acid based to alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries charge faster, last longer and are non corrosive unlike their acid counterparts
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Partnerbiz(f): 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
skales67:

There is a guy near main market who is a geek in electricals. The guy did the inverter for me 1.5kva and another person converted 2 almost dead acid batteries from acid based to alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries charge faster, last longer and are non corrosive unlike their acid counterparts

Abeg throw me their nos so that my friend can go check them abeg.

I sabi main market wella. Been go ckc
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
In my area of PH they bring bill for those who don't have PPM of about 24k. They now pay 6k and carryover 18k to next month.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by nairametrics: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Oga this is not the latest tariff
These are 2016 tariff rates, most discos are using the 2017 tariff rates for now.
Mynd44, Lalasticlala you guys should at least research well before moving threads to front page.

That's not true, Electricity tariffs are yet to increase since 2015 MYTO
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by obaataaokpaewu: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
nairametrics:

That's not true, Electricity tariffs are yet to increase since 2015 MYTO
Dude, I guess you don't pay bill wherever you stay. Don't tell me you use a prepaid meters because if you do, you would have noticed the change from 2015-2017
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Missanneb(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by moderatedguy: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
jarrot:
Nairalanders please help me make a decision, a 4.5KVA gen of about 100K or an inverter of same amount thou it might not be strong enough to power my fridge which is better? I am tired of PHCN
Thanks
Buy ur Gen forget Inverter
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by moderatedguy: 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
genius43:
They give people on estimated billing in my area N11,100. Thank God for prepaid meters we don't spend above 3k a month
Prepaid meter with 3ACs hw much wud it take monthly.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by genius43(m): 12:09am On Feb 17, 2018
moderatedguy:
Prepaid meter with 3ACs hw much wud it take monthly.

We don't run with AC for now so I wouldn't know but we have 2 refrigerators on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition / Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.