Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) (36231 Views)

Tinubu Suffers Gaffe At Kebbi, Urges Supporters To Vote On 25th January (Video) / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose / Wike: I’ll Hand Over Properly To My Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Naijalarry: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6UL3PSEh4

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike says he will make his preferred presidential candidate known in January 2023.

The governor, who stated this on Thursday, said he will also campaign for his adopted candidate nationwide.

“From January next year, I will campaign to my people whom they will vote for,” Wike said when he commissioned the tenth flyover by his administration in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers.

“So, all of you who have been in suspense, who have been saying all kinds of things, abusing me, wait. January is here.

“Not only will I tell them (my people) whom to vote, I will move from state to state (for campaigns) and why they should vote for the person, nothing will happen,” he said.

Following the PDP presidential primary in May where he lost out, Wike has been at loggerheads with Atiku Abubakar over the chairmanship of Iyorchia Ayu.

After the presidential primary, Atiku, a former Vice President, stung Wike when he passed over his closest rival at the primary and chose Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate.

Wike, with four other PDP governors known as the G5 or the Integrity Group, have insisted that Benue-born Ayu must step down for a southerner as a precondition to support the 2023 ambition of Atiku.

Earlier in December, the Director General of Atiku’s Campaign, Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State visited one of Wike’s ally and a G5 member, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State in a move to resolve the crisis but no success was achieved.

Later the same day, Atiku, on Channels Television’s The People’s Townhall, said he has met Wike five times to resolve the issue but there is no end in sight. Ortom and Wike subsequently shunned Atiku who was in Benue earlier this month for campaigns.

Last month, Wike promised logistics support for the campaigns of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi; and his New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso. Wike has also of late hobnobbed with All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwarts like Adams Oshiomhole and Governors Dave Umahi (Ebonyi), Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), and Ben Ayade (Cross River).

While Wike and his allies have not been seen to campaign for Atiku, it is not clear whether they will support Obi, Kwankwaso or APC’s Bola Tinubu in the contest for Aso Rock’s top job.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/22/ill-announce-my-presidential-candidate-in-january-join-his-campaign-wike/

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Honjoshy4u: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
He should decide today na.
No one takes him serious again.
The good news for him is that, he won't control PDP again.

64 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Toluwanise247(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
I pray you follow winning team…….
God bless incoming president
God bless Asiwaju Bola
God bless me
God bless you.

114 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Cyberterror: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
With the way he has been giving TVC contracts to cover his project commissioning events, Wike may have settled for Jagaban Borgu, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Wike is Batified.

77 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by JasonScoolari: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
“Not only will I tell them (my people) whom to vote, I will move from state to state (for campaigns) and why they should vote for the person, nothing will happen,”

I love this man so much.... I have never regretted being his supporter from the time he served as Minister Of Education... A fearless man.

God bless Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike

God bless Mr. Peter Obi.

God bless Delta State.

294 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lol, joker of a man..

When there was division in PDP, Amaechi and his band of traitors, held their heads high and walked away from the PDP, leaving behind all their stakes

But this noisy woman, won't let us rest, only full will believe Wike can work against the PDP which he doesn't want to leave.

Atiku is coming

AlwaysPositive:

He won't work away.

We need him to stay and destroy the party totally from within.

Silly statement, he's in PDP holding his PDP stake, what other person would allow himself be used by a man, that isn't sure of himself.

The only thing Wike can destroy is himself and his future ambition...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Joevics(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Cyberterror:
With the way he has been giving TVC contracts to cover his project commissioning events, Wike may have settled for Jagaban Borgu, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Wike is Batified.
Lol. Watch the video again. You'll know who he has in mind.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by JasonScoolari: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
He should decide today na.
No one takes him serious again.
The good news for him is that, he won't control PDP again.
Eyah.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by OGIBRA(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
As long as wike is taking away PDP votes in rivers state, one man will be benefit from it, no matter who wike choose.USE UR TONGUE TO COUNT UR TEETH...
I.O.T

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
Cyberterror:
because of tvc,Lol. Wike will never support a Muslim Muslim ticket. Wike is Obidient

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
Even if he supports Peter Obi (for optics) it would still be a win for Tinubu grin

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Betanaija42moro: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ok na, meanwhile, Nigerian youths are strongly supporting and backing Peter Obi.

A New Nigeria is coming, you can queue into the agenda.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Emir01: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
A decision that will make or mar Wike. He shud be strategic about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by ecolime(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
It's clear even to the blind.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Doohutyji: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Reporting34(f): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Towig778: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ok let wait and see

1 Like

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by KAjAsG: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Even if you don't announce it ....who will it help .... Nigerians know who to vote abeg .

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
We are watching

Wike the wicked

1 Like

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by xristos(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
ok
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by DennisEche(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
grin
I JUST LIKE THIS WIKE ADC..... THE GUY DE ALWAYS BONE EVEN WHEN WIKE BAND BOIZ GETS EVERYONE LAUGHING.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Joromy: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
Okay cool
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by id4sho(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
cool
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Zeddyzed: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
It will very likely be Peter Obi of LP. A case of two blind men leading each other. A man that will lose his relevance at the end of his tenure and another that will struggle to get 5% of votes nationwide leading each other towards political irrelevance

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by SoftP(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
Q
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Totonaamu: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
Wike the presidential beast.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Reporting34(f): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
Thinkam:
Lol, joker of a man..

When there was division in PDP, Amaechi and his band of traitors, held their heads high and walked away from the PDP, leaving behind all their stakes

But this noisy woman, won't let us rest, only full will believe Wike can work against the PDP which he doesn't want to leave.

Atiku is coming
Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by Felabrity: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
My guess is, he won't support Peter Obi, as he believe there is a chance he can't win

Meaning, he will support who will likely win and who his people will accept

I say he goes back to Atiku

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) by itsRhamzy: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
Nobody, absolutely no one gives a flying Fvck about that. He should STFU and keep his presidential candidate to himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Travel Ban: Buhari Repeating 'Evil Decree 2' Of 1984 / Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu, Odubu Receive Tinubu At The Oba Of Benin's Palace / Emir Sanusi Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.