Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi (17517 Views)

Buhari Declares N30m, 5 Homes, 270 Heads Of Cattle / Anambra, Enugu Speakers Reject Cattle Grazing Bill / Governor Sani Bello Visits Niger State Cattle Grazing Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2018
This Umahi is sick in the head... Which land will the traditional leaders donate? This is fvcking annoying.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by mavinc4u(f): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2018
Is the Governor forcing his people to give land. The traditional rulers should open their eyes because that governor is doing that for his selfish reasons. Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Feraz(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2018
emmasege:
Remember Dave is very close to Bubu, he'll do anything to please him like the prodigal son of Kogi (Yahya Bello). I expect Okoroawusa to do the same in Imo in the coming days, so that we 'll know that 40 percent of Igbo land is being given out.
LOL! My fear ever since the whole cattle colony thing started is gradually coming to reality and that is the fear of being sold out by these same governors. I was initially thinking Obiano may be the first to do so but be that as it may, I still do not trust him. You're right about Umahi - he wants to be in the good books of the president so he's subtly acting like Bello of Kogi.

I'm shocked that herdsmen would leave with warning while peasant farmers would pay double the price for killing any cow that eats up the crop. Talk about misplaced priority. A fool he is to have thought of this. Unfortunately, this wouldn't make them vote him out if the reports are true.

BTW, your other post of alluding the Igbos starting up tribal fight, on the contrary, it was a well known baba sycophant that started it here. Well, I trust my brothers to call Umahi an Hausa-Fulani slave in the coming days.

Then again, they should better watch out for the Ezza people. Those ones stubborn and are ready to match blood with more blood.

doctokwus:
This is a dangerous path.
Years down the line they settle,establish families and generations down Start laying claim to the lands given as a temporary grazing field to their fathers.
InvertedHammer:
So anyone that kills a cow pays double the price.

But any herdsman whose cows destroy crops gets warned and moved to another community.

Where are the State Assembly members when you need them?

/

EternalTruths:

Ignore the news.

Watch how Umahi will deny it publicly in few weeks time.
You're shouting ignore now bah but if it were the Yorubas this happened to, you'll be here foaming and calling them Afonjas. SMH!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2018
sarrki:

Fulani's are superior to the southeast

If not why allow grazing land in the east

Fulani will take over Ebonyi followed by Enugu before conquering Anambra
I didn't understand what you mean by conquering Ebonyi? With what? Gun, dagger or machete?

You don't even know Ebonyi state, I heard Herdsmen fight in the night and Ebonyians also fight in the night, so the press and the government will have the day.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Emmybest78: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2018
Don't try this!!!!!

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I hope this is a joke, and I'm waiting for the government of Ebonyi state to debunk it soon or else this will go down in history as the worst form of abomination ever. How can a supposed sitting governor say that outsiders will be paid double compensation for any of their cow killed for whatever reason while the indigenous farmers will get no compensation for their crops destroyed and the destroyers punishment will only be to ask them to leave? Even when they can still come back again next time!? Grazing reserve in Ebonyi, a supposed Igbo and PDP state when others even in the same party with the terrorist have refused to give the herdsmen lands!!! Amadioha will surely strike this man dead if this has any element of truth in it. Even Rochas with all his funny moves cannot try such in Imo state. Igbo nation will cede Ebonyi state to the middle belt if this is true, because we have had enough embarrassment from them already.

please cede ebonyi out. who even takes you imo guys as brothers? when rochas goes about embarrassing igbos with his endless line of statues and stupid alignment with northerners at the expense of Igbo interest, nobody talks about expelling imo state from the south east political and regional block and here you are unilaterally making bile decisions.

if you or your state members decide to politically remove igbos from south east, don't go round claiming you want a fifth and sixth state to balance you with other regions.

yorubas have an embarrassment in Osun state with their huge debt profile and underdevelopment, even ekiti state, yet you'll never hear of expelling.

you are such a dolt and even if the rest of igbos want to unigbo ebonyians, we'll be glad over it because the names calling from you guys have been much right from the creation of the state, yet you forget that if you older igbos had developed ebonyi state when it was part of the old eastern block, we would be farther developed than we are now. yet we had to wait to get our own state before we had any educational or infrastructural achievements.

go ahead and expel them, like Singapore they'll bounce back and shame Malaysia. no one will miss you or beg to be returned to the fold.

sick, supremacists.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by emmasege: 9:14am On Feb 10, 2018
meezynetwork:
Seems like dave or devil is worst than okorohausa. How can he try such a thing? Is he trying to be onye oma? Giving them free land with out paying and even free borehole? That man is not only useless but foolish. He didnt even mention tax or anything but mentioned paying double for any cow killed and will only give warning for any crop destroyed. Meaning cow is more important. He is then a coward.
I tell you that idiot is an unapologetic Buharist, and it's time his people cut him to size by denying him a second term. Should this guy secure PDP's ticket for second term, Ebonyi should look for another candidate to vote for, outside of APC or PDP.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Desyner: 9:19am On Feb 10, 2018
FlyoruB:

That boy is a big hypocrite. If this had happened anywhere in the SW, he and his fellow ipob minions would be pissing all over this thread by now talking a whole load of crap.
Are you OK?
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 10, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Feraz(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I hope this is a joke, and I'm waiting for the government of Ebonyi state to debunk it soon or else this will go down in history as the worst form of abomination ever. How can a supposed sitting governor say that outsiders will be paid double compensation for any of their cow killed for whatever reason while the indigenous farmers will get no compensation for their crops destroyed and the destroyers punishment will only be to ask them to leave? Even when they can still come back again next time!? Grazing reserve in Ebonyi, a supposed Igbo and PDP state when others even in the same party with the terrorist have refused to give the herdsmen lands!!! Amadioha will surely strike this man dead if this has any element of truth in it. Even Rochas with all his funny moves cannot try such in Imo state. Igbo nation will cede Ebonyi state to the middle belt if this is true, because we have had enough embarrassment from them already.
Na Una kind dey always bring division for Igboland. As OUK talk all the useless thing wee in talk, why you no annex Abia state? What of Mbadinuju? What of Rochas? Ken Nnamani et ? Why you no annex the states of these numerous people wee don talk spoil?

You just wan rile up Igbos for here now bah?

Funnicator:

please cede ebonyi out. who even takes you imo guys as brothers? when rochas goes about embarrassing igbos with his endless line of statues and stupid alignment with northerners at the expense of Igbo interest, nobody talks about expelling imo state from the south east political and regional block and here you are unilaterally making bile decisions.

if you or your state members decide to politically remove igbos from south east, don't go round claiming you want a fifth and sixth state to balance you with other regions.

yorubas have an embarrassment in Osun state with their huge debt profile and underdevelopment, even ekiti state, yet you'll never hear of expelling.

you are such a dolt and even if the rest of igbos want to unigbo ebonyians, we'll be glad over it because the names calling from you guys have been much right from the creation of the state, yet you forget that if you older igbos had developed ebonyi state when it was part of the old eastern block, we would be farther developed than we are now. yet we had to wait to get our own state before we had any educational or infrastructural achievements.

go ahead and expel them, like Singapore they'll bounce back and shame Malaysia. no one will miss you or beg to be returned to the fold.

sick, supremacists.
Bros, abeg, no vex. Don't lump the rest of the Igbos with what he said. Attack him and leave others out. Also, don't forget he is the chairman of the SE governors' forum showing the confidence his colleagues have in him.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Feraz(m): 9:24am On Feb 10, 2018
emmasege:
I tell you that idiot is an unapologetic Buharist, and it's time his people cut him to size by denying him a second term. Should this guy secure PDP's ticket for second term, Ebonyi should look for another candidate to vote for, outside of APC or PDP.
He's done more for the state since its creation than his predecessors so voting him out is rather not possible. I'd only say they should protest against the law peacefully. But left to me, Umahi has his citizens more at heart than many of the sellouts we have as governors in the SE.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by ApexPredator: 9:33am On Feb 10, 2018
The news is no where as bad as these people from SW make it seem. You have to understand that herdsmen have been rampaging on their "territory" for the past few days and they are finding solace anywhere they can.
If herdsmen can't be driven then they surely can be contained and restricted.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Born2Breed(f): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2018
Another senseless Governor. Kill a cow pay double, destroy a farm land and you will sent away from Ebonyi.

This governor nor get sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by otil1: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2018
Many comments are based on the headline. Please read the contents of the write up before commenting.

Restricting herdsmen to areas they must graze is a very good control mechanism.

Documenting them. Is even a better control technique.

Finally, there are clear repercussion for bad behaviour: if anyone kills cattle, he pays double and if any grazer destroys crops on farmland, that's expulsion

Kudos to Gov Umahi
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by AbuEzeFemi(m): 9:59am On Feb 10, 2018
great development
let's rebuild Africa
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Guestlander: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2018
OneCorner:
Are there no ibos on nairaland again?
Why are they silent grin

Hehehehe. ......mischievous.
Let ibos worry about their own herdsmen problem.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by jrusky(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2018
Didn't I said it that Ebonyi will fall people's hands? I remember a guy came here and insulted me for saying Ebonyi will fall people's hand now has it not happened?

My people pls stop chest beating and name callings if SW whom you my own people called slaves refused bluntly to allow anything grazing madness despite the are bigwigs in apc and one of the owner of the party but my people who are saint and chest beaters, I too know tribe are now systematically creating cattle colony calling it *cattle grazing area* my foot, pls who is now the fulani slave just be honest and answer this question?

Sometime I do asked myself why do I come from this tribe we love hate, noise, brags, chest beaten at the end we chicken out like i don't know what to call it. Already one Nwagoat from the East who is the champion of tribalism here who hate other tribes especially the Yoruba with passion is already saying oh what Ebonyi did is a welcome decision, what a strange world my people came from very confused.

I ask again who are the real Hausa/fulani slaves now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2018
sarrki:

Fulani's are superior to the southeast

If not why allow grazing land in the east

Fulani will take over Ebonyi followed by Enugu before conquering Anambra
You are a piece of shit to have made the above comment. You dare not compare the Igbos with the fulanis.The wise men are always ahead of others in any context

1 Like

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by justmenoni: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2018
Add it mean?

quote author=sarrki post=64934727]

You are not been sincere

So now government should give shay ?

Na whao

Add it mean is on the west

You will start calling them names

[/quote]
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Abogwara: 10:12am On Feb 10, 2018
The Governor did the right thing and all patriots should support him. Again when I say Okorocha is the smartest politician in Nigeria some people will argue but whatever he does that the shallow minded condemn ends up being the best idea.

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-urges-okorocha-to-reverse-id-card-policy/amp/

Senators in their contributions condemned the action of the governor, allegedly aimed at preventing Boko Haram insurgents from infiltrating the ranks of northerners in Imo State.

Rising in support of the motion, the Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma Egba (Cross River Central), described the policy as wrongheaded, unconstitutional and discriminatory,

I think Senate should urge Umahi to drop his too.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Ekoishome: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2018
It's a very big shame this governor is taking the bootlicking too far! Herdsmen destroy crops they are warned and farmer kills cow that destroyed his crop he is made to pay double!!!! Hmmmmm who do us?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by maisauki: 10:24am On Feb 10, 2018
Desyner:
I agree with the idea of collating the herdsmen data but not with the constant provision of grazing lands and water. The govt shouldn't be using farmers tax to provide water for herders. As long as they can buy guns, i expect the herders to be able to acquire land and construct borehole. The average poultry farmer handles these things themselves and I see no reason why herders shouldn't.
jus listen to yourself again...and you're someone that won't eat unless you get meat especially cow leg-bokotor

1 Like

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by EODforce: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Feraz:
He's done more for the state since its creation than his predecessors so voting him out is rather not possible. I'd only say they should protest against the law peacefully. But left to me, Umahi has his citizens more at heart than many of the sellouts we have as governors in the SE.
. nwokem mechie onu,that devil hasn't done half what his predecessors did to my darling state

as a typical Christ embassy man, all he does is paint and light up everywhere with different colours with no tangible infrastructural to boast of

i hate devil umahi with passion and i pray he fails in his second term bid

i hate asslickerz

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by EODforce: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2018
where is achi nwoke ezza?
Cc:achi4u
come and see our useless governor taking his asslicking national ooo
i am so ashamed of that man i swear

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by lastempero: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2018
I thought this man is intelligent how can u accept these set of people that is bent on causing havoc to people.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by EODforce: 10:31am On Feb 10, 2018
Abogwara:
The Governor did the right thing and all patriots should support him. Again when I say Okorocha is the smartest politician in Nigeria some people will argue but whatever he does that the shallow minded condemn ends up being the best idea.

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-urges-okorocha-to-reverse-id-card-policy/amp/

I think Senate should urge Umahi to drop his too.
. Cc:Lasgidiowner
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by Desyner: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2018
maisauki:
jus listen to yourself again...and you're someone that won't eat unless you get meat especially cow leg-bokotor
Stop being stupid, I work and have my own money and can chose to buy cow leg at a cheaper rate from anywhere in the world. Do herdsmen eat their cows 24/7, don't they eat grains, yaw, potatoes, ugwu, cucumber, pepper, tomatoes ?
The herdsmen in West Africa are dispensable as they don't produce 10 of cattles globally and advancement in ranching worldwide will easily fill in the gap.
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by DocHMD: 10:33am On Feb 10, 2018
sarrki:

You are not been sincere
So now government should give shay ?
Na whao
Add it mean is on the west
You will start calling them names
Ooo mehn see zombie grammar o! Zombies are largely illiterate. Lol

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by EODforce: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2018
achi4u:
I didn't understand what you mean by conquering Ebonyi? With what? Gun, dagger or machete?

You don't even know Ebonyi state, I heard Herdsmen fight in the night and Ebonyians also fight in the night, so the press and the government will have the day.
. achi nwoke ezza,have you seen what this our useless governor have done now,i so much hate devil umahi with passion and i pray he fails in his second term bid

that man is a failure and asslicker personified

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by DocHMD: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up
You are a double standard being
The way you attack and throw jabs at us
Now preaching rubbish coz your region have been humbled
We are in no way in collaboration with southeast don't get it twisted
Only the betrayal or the ignorant in the omoluabis kingdom will do such
S
But I thought 'you love ibos and hate IPOB' ? grin
Re: Umahi Authorizes Creation Of Cattle Grazing Areas In Ebonyi by DocHMD: 10:37am On Feb 10, 2018
sarrki:

Always hiding. You have been exposed...

Go and reclaim your land ...... Online ranting can't give you back your land
Have you removed the Emir in Kwara? grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commission Freezes Over 30 Accounts Of Illegal Loan Companies / Kwara Central Youth Holds Solidarity Walk for APC (Pictures) / Rural Sensitization For Peter Obi In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.