Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister (5449 Views)

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / My Grandmother Is In Love With My Boyfriend / My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by jetscream3: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2005
I'm confused, Is this morally and/or physically wrong?

First off, I met this girl who I personally thought was cute and all that. Time passed and I finally asked her out and she said yes. We've already been out on a date and kissed already, but just a few days ago we learned that I was related to her.

After asking our parents and what not, we came to a conclusion of how we were related. My dad's sister, is DeeDee's (my girlfriend) grandmother. So that means I'm first cousins with DeeDee's father. I'm guessing this makes DeeDee, my first cousin, once removed.

We've been together for a few weeks and are both wondering if this is morally or physically wrong and if we should even still be together. Everytime we talk about it, she starts crying because she doesn't want to lose me for this reason, but then again I don't want to do anything that is frowned upon in society, so could anyone please help me in this situation? Thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by obinnaoji(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2005
if you're telling the truth just ask God to 4give u and leave the relationship. it hurts though but its a terrible thing. its morally and socially wrong. she could be desperate and wants to get a husband off of u. be wise. Go your seperate ways. the more u hang out with her, the more u indulge, u know what i mean. Anyway i just hope u wer joking. grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by Greatpeter(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2005
If your relationship is still limited to just kissing as you said, you've never crossed the path of the gods of your land.
So what you should do now is to quit the relationship and let her know the implication of this in our society especially in Africa.
So do call her and explain to her I know she will get over this.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by GentlBlunt(m): 1:28am On Dec 28, 2005
This is how things are getting messed up in Nigeria. I was still telling a friend of mine fews days ago that I cant identify any of my cousins from Fathers side.
To me I dont see any big deal in the relationship. Its just another twisted part of the culture. The line is far from each other, especially if Deedee's Dad is not Granny son.
But where the problem lies is that, if anything negative happen to the couple one way or the other. They will always say its because you married someone you are somewhat related to.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by IB7(f): 2:24am On Dec 28, 2005
eeewwww
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by hotangel2(f): 3:49am On Dec 28, 2005
I am still tryna see how that is possible.

But if you see this has a wrong thing, then i must say you LEAVE the relationship. But if you are one of the people that believe you can date/marry your cousin, then you should go ahead.
IF you know you will doubt yourself while dating her cos of rescent development, just leave the girl alone. I know it ain't as easy as it's being said. But you gat to do what you need to do. Good luck.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by rikkyjen(m): 4:30am On Dec 28, 2005
@jetscream...you want to shine ur cousins congo grin....on a very serious note...u got to walk out of dat relationship with ignominy...as in just prevent ugly scenario...u know wat u might not know d effects of wat u are doing until the girl start telling you stories like her regular menses has become irregular....then dats when u wake up from ur slumber grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by sexydoll(f): 6:10am On Dec 28, 2005
oh my josh..........are you serious , well remeber this is your first cousin and you guyz are really close, so i would advice you to quit that relationship before is too late. as for your girlfriend after crying for one or two weeks she will get over it and move on. smiley.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by CHIMUMMY(f): 6:40am On Dec 28, 2005
You guys should just quit the relationship esp.now that you know that you are first cousins.
If not the gods of the land will strike you both dead if u dont take care.
Is an abomination, a big one for that matter and the future will be terrible for you both. "BE WISE AND QUIT".

Thats my candid advice. sad
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by Chxta(m): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2005
You are her uncle my guy....
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by princeonx: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2005
I'm not too sure I believe this story but if its true I wonder why you need an advise on this! you should know better! but all the same, I think you've recieved enough advise already! your dad and his sister (your girlfriend's grandmother) are also in best position to advise you on this!
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by thelastdon(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2005
just do anything u like grin grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by dejiolowe: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2005
have you ....? If not, do it once or twice then you can close shop! grin

Just being devilsh. Break the relationship before it becomes a 'yam pepper scatter scatter'
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by thelastdon(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2005
isu a
dejiolowe:

it becomes a 'yam pepper scatter scatter'

Isu ata yani yani
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by DEKING3(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2005
No love can sustian you on this when the gods of our land starts giving you knocks, not just on your head, but on every part of your body for committing grin ....... you fill in the gaps.

The end of a matter is better than it's beginning.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by ktork: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2005
[hello my friend, what did u say u name is.
wait let me tell you if u have sleept with her i think u should be cry becourse she might get preg in the proccess, but if u have not well fine and thank GOD since u said it's not beyond kisses i think u can control it and it is not like it is too hard to control it depends the way u chanel ur mind just see her as you sisther,i think, through that u can be able to rezist the deavil and i pray that god shuld see u through yr predicament.bye wink
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by ktork: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2005
hello my friend, what did u say u name is.
wait let me tell you if u have sleept with her i think u should be becourse she might get preg in the proccess, but if u have not well fine and thank GOD since u said it's not beyond kisses i think u can control it and it is not like it is too hard to control it depends the way u chanel your mind just see her as you sisther,i think, through that u can be able to rezist the deavil and i pray that god shuld see u through yr predicament.bye 4ROM KINGSTORCH
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by alheri(f): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2005
that automatically makes her your niece,if i understand you correctly. That would be incest, my bro, stay away from each other.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by shockreaction(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2005
Technically, there's nothing actually wrong with having a relationship with your cousin, except for the genetic relation, but cousins aren't as closely related as say, your brother/sister, father, mother or brothers/sisters of your father/mother. And as for Christians who will go on about how this and that is wrong, read through your Bible tongue Leviticus details stuff about this I suppose...

I'm no expert in this things.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by thelastdon(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2005
no be incest now, na just family taboo shocked shocked
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by ldollier(f): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2005
na wa o
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by LoverBwoy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2005
dats messed up
wait ur dad's siter are u sure ask better cos "SISTER" IN AFRICA MEANS MANY THINGS... U KNOW
and didnt ur dad or her mum recognise u or her?

dats good 4 all u naija gals dat like to marry old man.....Damnnn u must be waaaaay older than her!..typical naija style

take it easy uncle find ur own levels abi u not get foot 4 ground yet? typical
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by omogenaija(f): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2005
YOU BETTER LEAVE THAT'S COUSIN OF YOURS ALONE. THAT'S VERY NASTY.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by Outkast(f): 1:39am On Dec 29, 2005
I'm happy at least you guys haven't slept together, thank Gosh for that, just let things go man,let it go.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by icingbaby(f): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2005
shocked shocked i'm sorry this happen, but you know what to do if you don't let me tell you leave that relationship right now from this moment. i hope you fine someone else.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by mide2(f): 1:59am On Dec 29, 2005
Eh ! Agbedo ! Ewo ! To fi a kpa ! Kamari ! Abomination !
I beg no let 2 ears hear it with u oooo
Don't let the sun set over this matter.......let her go with immediate effect and allacrity.
but seriously now.....it isn't the best. she's your niece. You guys only smelt your blood, thats why u like urselves that much.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by cammy(f): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2005
come on so what, stay with her if u want to. why should u be caring about what the society thinks. the only thing u should be worring about is the fact that ur children (if u have any) may have many complications. if u love her and want her i suggest u stay with her. put your morals aside and try to give the relationship a chance.
ps many people in the time of jesus married within their close family. it was the culture and many jewish, arabs and armish people still do it. its not like it is incest. shes not ur sister. and besides i dont think that it is illegal.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by linda(f): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2005
No, it is not wrong. It doesn't matter how closely related you are. The question is not "are you related", the only important question is "do you love each other?"

She has shown by her tears that she really does love you, and I think you love her too. I think you feel it deep inside yourself, don't you. I think that if you lose her you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Morally, it is right to follow your heart and to treasure the love in your life. It is always wrong to violate the law of love.

In most of the world, it is legal to marry your cousin anyway. Your cousin is once removed, so that's even more distantly related than your cousin.

Don't listen to other people, just listen deep inside yourself and do what's right for you.

Love and prayers from Linda
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by cammy(f): 1:16am On Dec 30, 2005
u go linda. finally someone with sense
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by mide2(f): 2:35am On Dec 30, 2005
cammy:

u go linda. finally someone with sense
I beg to disagree. I'm sure you meant it the other way round.
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by princeonx: 7:13am On Dec 30, 2005
my guy please no do! I beg!
Re: My Girlfriend's Grandmother is My Dad's Sister by linda(f): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2005
prince_onx:

my guy please no do! I beg!

Why not? It's just expressing your love for a member of your family, that's all! Don't be scared of love.

Linda

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Virgin Or Not? / Have You Ever Been Stalked? Share Your Experience. / Ladies: Can You Dress Like This On Your Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.