Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX (43682 Views)

As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? / We Are Closing Down Soon / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by Orjioorji(f): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
radiokilla:
South Africans are bigots. First it was PayPal, then MTN and their exorbitant data and call plans, and now OLX has sacked Nigerians from their jobs. Retards
not south African but Buhari government and his stupid and myopic policy keep pushing companies out of the country.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
So many multinationals have closed business in Nigeria hurting our FDI. My Pvc will surely vote out the incompetence
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
fixedhollies:
This is an opportunity for any vibrant entrepreneur to tap into... olx came up as alternative to Craigslist... let's av a replacement. Jiji would av bn, d site and app are tiring. Not well programmed

Have you heard of the alternative to ebay?

See link below and in my signature.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
nonxo007:

My brother pls calm down, its not south Africans fault, is it that we Nigerian don't have the brain to start up companies like these ?? But the way the country is structured and run its almost impossible, no funding etc...so let's blame ourselves than blame south Africans

One has actually started. It's the Nigerian altenative to ebay. Even better your money is protected.

Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by fexyrich(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
Na wa ooo...But at least they will stop charging me 10k per month for posting my cars on their site.. Glory be to God
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
nex:
Let them say the truth. 419 fraud is too much in Nigeria. Too many people were defrauded via OLX, and this reduced patronage. They too failed to do background checks on sellers, and apply systems which could stem fraud.

Exactly the issues we have addressed in the Nigerian altenative to ebay.

Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
fexyrich:
Na wa ooo...But at least they will stop charging me 10k per month for posting my cars on their site.. Glory be to God

Nobody will charge you anything to post your car in the Nigerian alternative to ebay. See link below and in my signature.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Kobicove:

We Nigerians should develop an enduring alternative business instead of just whining...

After all the talk about TSTV being an alternative to DSTV there's nothing to show for it

We have developed an alternative to ebay. See link below.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by lobell: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
lakesider:
The truth of the matter is that non functiona of nipost killed Olx .in other countries , the post is the backbone of online business

NIPOST works...I'm a witness. Infact I recommend them for parcel delivery service. Ask and use their registered parcel delivery service. Emphasis on REGISTERED. Sell any thing and every thing to anybody anywhere in the country. See link below and in my signature.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by Inehmesit: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
At least we still have Jiji and Efritin, let's just pray they don't toe the same path.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by king4afric(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
Forget OLX since Zokija is leading the way in naija but only for phones and tabs I guess .

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by godwin120alex: 4:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
frankobaba:
SEE WETIN BUHARI AND HIM SUFFER HEAD GOVERNMENT DE CAUSE. VERY SOON WE WILL ALL LEAVE NIGERIA FOR HIM TO RULE HIMSELF ALONE.

Yes we'll do that
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by leonn(m): 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bros if I hear! No let people swear for you ooo, olx help so many people including me....
money121:
Who Olx Epp
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by tosyne2much(m): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
They should kuku close down jawe... OLX is highly dominated by 419
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by refreshrate: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
fixedhollies:
This is an opportunity for any vibrant entrepreneur to tap into... olx came up as alternative to Craigslist... let's av a replacement. Jiji would av bn, d site and app are tiring. Not well programmed

You hear say dem dey run clearly because the business environment is hostile.

stupid ICT minister sharing cap at council of state meeting

hopeless polytechnic graduate of a finance minister shouting & gesticulating tax! tax!! tax!!!

...yet you believe you have the magic wand? you think it's all that nonsense oshibande and co are saying about ease of doing business abi?

whichever motivational speaker is pushing you, I strongly advise you retrace your steps now that it's still just a thought.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by refreshrate: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
king4afric:
Forget OLX since Zokija is leading the way in naija but only for phones and tabs I guess .

try and think beyond this your range na.
it's not everyone that only wants to buy infinix note hot or whatever it is you people peddle around na!
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by chr123: 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
There is jiji now abi na only them dey?
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by ewizard1: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
If one Nigeria build one now, we no go use! Everything is foreign and we want our economy to grow?

Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
They are tired of buying diesel and servicing their generators
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by fixedhollies(m): 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
refreshrate:

You hear say dem dey run clearly because the business environment is hostile.

stupid ICT minister sharing cap at council of state meeting

hopeless polytechnic graduate of a finance minister shouting & gesticulating tax! tax!! tax!!!

...yet you believe you have the magic wand? you think it's all that nonsense oshibande and co are saying about ease of doing business abi?

whichever motivational speaker is pushing you, I strongly advise you retrace your steps now that it's still just a thought.
lol.... olx started too free... a hundred naira from every add could av sustain it... check how ebay runs.... ebay has a percentage on every add. Olx is a digital venture, no continual investment except for maintenance and staffing. They av no reason to fold up.... have u observed dey now have adds on d site, after every adds picture... this ought to av bn in place for a while... i think d strategies employed were not dat ok... imagine top up adds sell for 1000 upward... most Nigerians don't like spending dat much... d fee could av bn 500., just like recharge card. More Nigerians will buy.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by bobo65(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
chr123:
There is jiji now abi na only them dey?

Jiji too dey ban person

Banned my two emails already
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by sayidris(m): 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
OjaIbadan is here as a newly created free classified ads platform. Let's patronize our own. Enough is Enough.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by cbrass(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
bravehost4u:
Olx App deleted.
You saw no reason to remain in my country, I saw no reason to keep you in my phone

Na wa o.. So people still use 2go shocked
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by cbrass(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
They should kuku close down jawe... OLX is highly dominated by 419

DriveByKiller I hope this will help your understanding about the whole thing
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by cbrass(m): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
Letoma:
why will they not close their Nigerian office, Internet fraudsters from Nigerian have hijacked, the platform, for too long,and they become helpless, the last options is for them to close it.
DriveByKiller.. This another one
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by refreshrate: 5:08am On Feb 12, 2018
fixedhollies:
lol.... olx started too free... a hundred naira from every add could av sustain it... check how ebay runs.... ebay has a percentage on every add. Olx is a digital venture, no continual investment except for maintenance and staffing. They av no reason to fold up.... have u observed dey now have adds on d site, after every adds picture... this ought to av bn in place for a while... i think d strategies employed were not dat ok... imagine top up adds sell for 1000 upward... most Nigerians don't like spending dat much... d fee could av bn 500., just like recharge card. More Nigerians will buy.

They didn't fold up

They left a hostile business environment

still operating in other countries ...exact same model.
EBay or kachikwu is not the model OLX wants to run on.

Just like the international airlines, Colgate & several other companies have relocated to Ghana (maybe you have story for them too?)

Nigeria is a very hostile business environment, don't screw yourself up!
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by DriveByKiller: 5:18am On Feb 12, 2018
cbrass:

Drive ByKiller.. This another one

cbrass:

Drive ByKiller I hope this will help your understanding about the whole thing
so I should quote those who share my own opinion as a proof too?

For every 419 you find in OLX, you have also in jiji. And they don't even number 20%.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by cbrass(m): 8:24am On Feb 12, 2018
DriveByKiller:

so I should quote those who share my own opinion as a proof too?

For every 419 you find in OLX, you have also in jiji. And they don't even number 20%.

You are being economical with the truth . atleast there are almost 60% scammers there and most things you buy are faulty .
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by DriveByKiller: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2018
cbrass:

You are being economical with the truth . atleast there are almost 60% scammers there and most things you buy are faulty .
you ever bought anything fake on olx? I haven’t. Even when I buy by proxy. It simply means you paid before getting your hands on the goods or couldn’t decipher a fake product from a genuine one.

60% of scammers in olx!!! You have to be shiiting me.
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by bravehost4u(m): 10:32am On Feb 12, 2018
cbrass:

Na wa o.. So people still use 2go shocked

Hahaha yes oooo
Re: Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX by cbrass(m): 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2018
DriveByKiller:
you ever bought anything fake on olx? I haven’t. Even when I buy by proxy. It simply means you paid before getting your hands on the goods or couldn’t decipher a fake product from a genuine one.

60% of scammers in olx!!! You have to be shiiting me.

I have bought an iPad there before, I had to give it out when it became a nuisance and won't work well. I won't say what I haven't experienced. Its been long they wanted to sell OLX. I once heard from a reliable source that payporte was approached to buy olx but they refused. Why did u think they rejected it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angry Mob Invades Shoprite In Lagos / How to start a lucrative Human hair business with 100-200k / Follow Me To See How You Can Make Over 150k Weekly On This Product in 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.