Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland (817 Views)

Seun Please This New Look Is Not Good / Seun Please Ban Anyone Talking About 2023 / SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by 49cents(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dear Seun

First of all I want to thank you for providing a great platform as Nairaland, it has been a source good for many from cross fertilization of ideas, mind rubbing on a myriad of issues, business and job opportunities and so much more.

I truly admire you for your efforts to create also a technically fluid platform.

In your hands lie a great tool to bring about more positive change than ever. With more power come great responsibility. Please always remember this.

What has caught my attention recently is that the Nairaland I joined several years back and the Nairaland of today is markedly different in terms of the contents which you must review and fast.

No decent person will like to come to a forum for positive interaction or to get information and find littered empty and mundane topics as what some celebrity wore or that another pyschologically imbalanced girl has decided to share her nude pictures.

Gone are those days were educative and informative posts make front pages, our political section is inundated with bigotry.... terms like afonja, Igbos, brown roof, zombies. Name checking to shame other tribes are ample evidence to the sad reality that our Nairaland has become a cesspit for hate and divisiveness even among young people who should change the tragic narrative of the generation before us.

Nairaland has degenerated to place where untiillegent, uncouth, indecent,and base posts are made by the second. This posts keeps on reducing our sense of aptitude the more as a community of Africans.

You just have to go to quora and see the quality of posts being made there, what is stopping Nairaland from having same?

True, Nairaland maybe very economically viable for you, but I believe it is time to intentionally remake Nairaland to something you can look back and be fulfilled because it has become a rallying point, a vehicle, a catalyst for changing direction of people's thinking and orientation.

As the founder of Nairaland you have automatically become a leader of the next generation,. A Trendsetter, an influencer and ultimately a game changer but be very intentional with this tool which Providence has placed in your hands.

The need to expand your vision for Nairaland is more urgent than ever.

With an expanded vision and a team of collaborators you will be able to take Nairaland from where it is to where it could be.

Recommendations
1. Zero tolerance for bigotry outright life ban
2. Run campaign against bigotry, tribalistic comments, religious tolerance.
3. Run campaigns that promote national building, entrepreneurship
4. Indecent posts and base posts must be penalised heavily so that people can use their brains better.
5. Scrap the sexuality section. It is a cesspit.
6. After the likes and share feature you havent added .more stuff. Facebook always innovates this enriching the experience please you can do more

I am ever ready to support in any way I can

Warm Regards

49cents

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by HungerBAD: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Word.
Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by dlondonbadboy: 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mynd44 rule7 and rule20..

Remove this nonsense from here angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by OneCorner: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sexuality section should be scrapped because you don't like it cool
U need brain check cool

3 Likes

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

This is not the first time

☣ ☠

1 Like

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by MDsambo: 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
I used to believe in one Nigeria not untill I found Nairaland. Nairaland is a big threat to Nigeria's Peace. It plays a huge role in dividing Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by Ronpet777(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
Y do I not really agree with this?
Different strokes for different folks. Nairaland is great today because it has accommodated all. Change and growth is inevitable. Pls, when u don't like something, ignore it and don't enforce ur wish on everyone.
Many pple r here just because of the stuffs u complained abt and don't want to see. Can't we all just stick to Wot we love on Nairaland and enjoy it all together?
Seun, u had better ignore this. The forum is d best place to be right now. U can never satisfy everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by madridguy(m): 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
You just said my mind.

OrestesDante:
angry

☣ ☠

This is not the first time

☣ ☠
Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by madridguy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Wish Seun will heed to your advise.
Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by 49cents(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
OneCorner:
Sexuality section should be scrapped because you don't like it cool
U need brain check cool

We need to keep Nairaland and Nairalanders focused.
You can look for sexuality talk elsewhere.

Our country needs us to change it. Our minds is the invaluable resource and must be used well

4 Likes

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by agwom(m): 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
undecided
Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by dlondonbadboy: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
If you don't like nairaland like this...go and create your own forum..

4 Likes

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by Donpresh95(m): 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
MDsambo:
I used to believe in one Nigeria not untill I found Nairaland. Nairaland is a big threat to Nigeria's Peace. It plays a huge role in dividing Nigerians.
Thank God for nairaland especially for liberating you from that one nigeria scam you read on paper

3 Likes

Re: Dearest Seun Please save Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Your advice will be duly considered. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

Peterside Replies Wike, Says Gov Runs Fraudulent Administration / Hon. Adekunle Abdulkabir Akinlade (MHR) Has Launched The #3030 Initiative / This Is How Much A Minister Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.