Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Kia Sorento P0443 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Sorento P0443 (2437 Views)

Kia Sorento Refuses To Move / Kia Sorento Car Review: A Great Big Bus Built For Fun (pictures) / Error P2138 In Kia Sorento (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good day all,

I observed black fumes coming from the exhaust of my vehicle which resulted in gas smells in the car , high fuel consumption and eyes hurting while driving.

I took it for a scan and got code P0443.

I have searched under the car and the engine for the purge control valve but couldn't find it. Although I noticed some hoses leading to the charcoal canister are damaged. Although the canister appears to be good ( no sounds when shaking it).

My mechanic believes the cat needs to be replaced as it makes a vehicle consume more fuel (is this true?)

What do u advise I do.

I will appreciate ur suggestions.

Cc: gazzuz ikenna351
Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
A

Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
B

Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
C

Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by omega2128(m): 12:55am On Feb 12, 2018
your purge valve is stucked open and it's drawing fuel vapour from gas tank, your engine is wrong rich, because of excess fuel.
on the charcoal canister, two valves will be there, purge valve and vent valve.
purge valve line will go into engine while vent valve will be short, just to vent filter gas vapour. mind you, your purge control valve may be on canister or on engine.
in short, check your charcoal canister, if purge or vent is written there.
you need to change your purge valve before it will cause bigger damage
check and get back to me
Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 7:49am On Feb 12, 2018
I have traced the purge valve it leads back to the top cylinder. I have searched everywhere on the purge valve for the purge control verve but I can't find it. However I noticed the valve from the tank passed through a device before heading to the charcoal canister. Also there are 3 outlets on the canister : vent, purge and one that is not labeled but close to it there is a cable that goes to the ECM.

omega2128:
your purge valve is stucked open and it's drawing fuel vapour from gas tank, your engine is wrong rich, because of excess fuel.
on the charcoal canister, two valves will be there, purge valve and vent valve.
purge valve line will go into engine while vent valve will be short, just to vent filter gas vapour. mind you, your purge control valve may be on canister or on engine.
in short, check your charcoal canister, if purge or vent is written there.
you need to change your purge valve before it will cause bigger damage
check and get back to me
Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by omega2128(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2018
MrMash:

I have traced the purge valve it leads back to the top cylinder. I have searched everywhere on the purge valve for the purge control verve but I can't find it. However I noticed the valve from the tank passed through a device before heading to the charcoal canister. Also there are 3 outlets on the canister : vent, purge and one that is not labeled but close to it there is a cable that goes to the ECM.

good, since you can locate purge valve. it will have wire connection. best thing is to Google Search it with your car model and year, for image and easy location. after removing it, blow through the end that goes into canister. air will pass through which ought not to be. functioning one should be closed and only control open by ECM. test new by this method
Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
omega2128:

good, since you can locate purge valve. it will have wire connection. best thing is to Google Search it with your car model and year, for image and easy location. after removing it, blow through the end that goes into canister. air will pass through which ought not to be. functioning one should be closed and only control open by ECM. test new by this method

Re: Kia Sorento P0443 by MrMash(m): 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
Omega2128. Gazzuzz.

Please confirm if the part highlighted with red is the vent valve solenoid.

The part highlighted in red is not in my vehicle. I have only the one highlighted in blue. The hose from the green goes directly to the yellow valve with nothing in between.

Please assist and respond.

(1) (Reply)

. / Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. / How To Buy Auction Cars From Nigeria Custom Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.