Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

The Word Of God Is Powerful! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (9264 Views)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful / Why Knowledge Is Powerful __ Apostle Joshua Selman / The Word For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Sodiquinone:
12 Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom— there I will give you my love. (have sex in other words!). Song of Songs 7:12

This immorality self na word of God ??

How is this immorality? Na wa 4 you o. There are much better examples and this is the one u pick?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by sonmvayina(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Begs the question:HOW DO YOU KNOW? How do u explain people who come back with scars of wounds that killed them?

Life is a circle not a straight line...death is just a point on that circle...death is just an illusion..when you die in the flesh, it means you are born in the spirit, when you die in the spirit,it means you are been born in the flesh...and when you are been "born again" you start from where you stopped the last time...those marks are just reminders, I have a couple too...I had a girlfriend in UK them, who can remember her past life....
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by walls01: 10:57am On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

some imaginary entity created by the Jews
Who then created the Jews?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by j1mmy: 10:57am On Feb 11, 2018
powerful only in the uneducated, illiterate and primitive minds of africans.

2 Likes

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

And what was the motive? And what sustained it from Abraham to Egypt and Pharoah to David?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by toluxa1(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Indeed! The Word of God is Power-full (Full of Power)

https://www.nairaland.com/4340834/mint-iphone-7-plus-256gb
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by 9jaPromo(f): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Pure
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2018
sonmvayina:

Life is a circle not a straight line...death is just a point on that circle...death is just an illusion..when you die in the flesh, it means you are born in the spirit, when you die in the spirit,it means you are been born in the flesh...and when you are been "born again" you start from where you stopped the last time...those marks are just reminders, I have a couple too...I had a girlfriend in UK them, who can remember her past life....

And how does that agree with your theory. Point is YOU DON'T KNOW. You don't even know if we actually exist at all.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by sonmvayina(m): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

The answers is all around us....from nature, I learnt it from my great grand uncle when I went to the village, and when I came to Benin, it was same message I heard from the historian at the obas palace, when we went for an excursion, I opened the Tanakh, same message...

"Let us make man in our own image"...God made a mould from the ground and breathed in his nostrils,and man became a living being...
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

How is this immorality? Na wa 4 you o. There are much better examples and this is the one u pick?

There are much worst examples I decided not to quote just to be a fair
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If you read or encounter true word of God, it will hit u. Somehow you'll know. Don't ask me how.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:14am On Feb 11, 2018
sonmvayina:

The answers is all around us....from nature, I learnt it from my great grand uncle when I went to the village, and when I came to Benin, it was same message I heard from the historian at the obas palace, when we went for an excursion, I opened the Tanakh, same message...

"Let us make man in our own image"...God made a mould from the ground and breathed in his nostrils,and man became a living being...

And you really believe that's how man came about? How about goats and puppies?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2018
j1mmy:
powerful only in the uneducated, illiterate and primitive minds of africans.

TRUE word of God is powerful. No one will tell u when u encounter it.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by neonly: 11:26am On Feb 11, 2018
Yes oooo even to kick bubu out God is just watching
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by freshinko: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2018
honestly, I concor in totality.

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Ronpet777(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

True words if God are powerful unlike words of supernan, etc
Dont mind him. He is an atheist and needs u to argue with him so that he can air his view on atheism.
HopefulLandlord, u don't hv to be on every Christian thread to display ur unbelief. It's debasing. U can start up ur threads to promote atheism instead of being antagonistic.
It clearly shows ur focus is mainly moving around try to advertise ur athiesm. U can do better than being a pest bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Omooba77: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ronpet777:

Dont mind him. He is an atheist and needs u to argue with him so that he can air his view on atheism.
HopefulLandlord, u don't hv to be on every Christian thread to display ur unbelief. It's debasing. U can start up ur threads to promote atheism instead of being antagonistic.
It clearly shows ur focus is mainly moving around try to advertise ur athiesm. U can do better than being a pest bro...

God bless you sir; may God touch him and reveal himself to him
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ronpet777:

Don't attack him tho. Atheism can also be logical if we ONLY go by what we see, feel, smell, etc.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ronpet777:

Don't attack him tho. People like him help make the threads interesting. Besides atheism can also be logical if we ONLY go by what we see, touch, smell, etc.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Ronpet777(m): 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Don't attack him tho. Atheism can also be logical if we ONLY go by what we see, feel, smell, etc.
I completely concur with u sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Ronpet777(m): 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omooba77:

God bless you sir; may God touch him and reveal himself to him
Amen!

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

And what was the motive? And what sustained it from Abraham to Egypt and Pharoah to David?
How can you use the content of a book to defend the book?
The question is, how do you validate the content?
Do you Ever wonder why God made everyone equal yet chose a particular tribe (Jews) to be his own people while the others were were abominations to be killed and raped at God's command(read old testament)? The books in the Bible are written by the Jews right? So why would they not write and paint their own God as Almighty. Look at it closely, even the Muslims portray their religion as the ultimate, so does the Buddhist.
See, we are all controlled by fear. The average person is religious not out of love but out of fear of going to HELL FIRE.
When I was younger, I was taught that God (Jesus) loves us unconditionally, no matter our sins but I've eventually realized that there's a condition; if you don't love him in return and do his will, you would go to HELL FIRE. That's a really big CONDITION for a love that's UNCONDITIONAL.
But what do I know.

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by nwakaibeya1: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
John 5,30>Today is Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth&revelation,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and do the forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-14
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

How can you use the content of a book to defend the book?
The question is, how do you validate the content?
Do you Ever wonder why God made everyone equal yet chose a particular tribe (Jews) to be his own people while the others were were abominations to be killed and raped at God's command(read old testament)? The books in the Bible are written by the Jews right? So why would they not write and paint their own God as Almighty. Look at it closely, even the Muslims portray their religion as the ultimate, so does the Buddhist.
See, we are all controlled by fear. The average person is religious not out of love but out of fear of going to HELL FIRE.
When I was younger, I was taught that God (Jesus) loves us unconditionally, no matter our sins but I've eventually realized that there's a condition; if you don't love him in return and do his will, you would go to HELL FIRE. That's a really big CONDITION for a love that's UNCONDITIONAL.
But what do I know.

But it is not a book. It is a series of books written over many centuries by different authors. The Jews don't belive in a Jesus t o this day. Muslims claim the same monotheistic Abrahamic genesis
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by j1mmy: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

TRUE word of God is powerful. No one will tell u when u encounter it.

Try this illiterate rubbish in countries like Czech republic or China!

Monkeys like you still operate in 6th century and don't even know it. thick animals

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

But it is not a book. It is a series of books written over many centuries by different authors. The Jews don't belive in a Jesus t o this day. Muslims claim the same monotheistic Abrahamic genesis
So the premise for accepting the Bible as God's word is that it is Old?
The Muslims have their own believe, it's why they don't accept it. Is like asking you, a Christian, to accept Mohammed SAW.
Another observation I have is 98% of our choice of religion is a product of two things
1. Our family's background/religion
2. The society where we find our self
This simply means that you and I could have been Muslims if our parents where Muslims, or we were born in a society where Islam is prevalent.
Based on the above, religion feels more like a cultural thing Rather than a spiritual thing. This notwithstanding, the supernatural world is real.

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by hopefulLandlord: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

If you read or encounter true word of God, it will hit u. Somehow you'll know. Don't ask me how.
really?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by hopefulLandlord: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

motive? for control

Egypt? Pharaoh? even Rabbi David Wolpe, a Jewish priest, has confessed exodus never happened

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by hopefulLandlord: 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

True words if God are powerful unlike words of supernan, etc
To an atheist its not as Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Amadioha are on same level with Batman, Superman, green goblin, spiderman etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Omooba77: 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

To an atheist its not as Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Amadioha are on same level with Batman, Superman, green goblin, spiderman etc

God made allthings even the wicked; God already know there will be atheists and he included them in Psalm 14:1 & 53:1
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Omooba77: 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

motive? for control

Egypt? Pharaoh? even Rabbi David Wolpe, a Jewish priest, has confessed exodus never happened

Just as some people took money to deny Jesus resurrection.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Mariangeles(f): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Why do always stalk Christians' thread...?
have you no other interests on nairaland aside Christians' thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? / Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.