Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:45 PM

The Word Of God Is Powerful! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (9580 Views)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful / Why Knowledge Is Powerful __ Apostle Joshua Selman / The Word For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Omooba77: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
Why do always stalk Christian thread...?
have you no other interests on nairaland aside Christian's thread?

Lol....Human logic does not negate the reality and true existence of God
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Mariangeles(f): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omooba77:

Lol....Human logic does not negate the reality and true existence of God
True...thanks for the thread
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
j1mmy:

Try this illiterate rubbish in countries like Czech republic or China!

Monkeys like you still operate in 6th century and don't even know it. thick animals

Czech Republic! China! Are they some of the best countries in the world? What is the greatest country in the world called? "GOD'S OWN COUNTRY"! LOL.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

So the premise for accepting the Bible as God's word is that it is Old?
The Muslims have their own believe, it's why they don't accept it. Is like asking you, a Christian, to accept Mohammed SAW.
Another observation I have is 98% of our choice of religion is a product of two things
1. Our family's background/religion
2. The society where we find our self
This simply means that you and I could have been Muslims if our parents where Muslims, or we were born in a society where Islam is prevalent.
Based on the above, religion feels more like a cultural thing Rather than a spiritual thing. This notwithstanding, the supernatural world is real.

"This notwithstanding, the supernatural world is real.". That is a HUGE concession. Once you've make that concession, the next question is how do u know? The answer is that you just know, or you've encountered it. That's also how we know of God - we have encountered Him, we cab feel Him, we just know.
The question is wether the bible is fake and made-up, as you claim. The answer Is An emphatic NO - you can feel it, you can tell, just as u can tell batman is made-up.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

motive? for control

Egypt? Pharaoh? even Rabbi David Wolpe, a Jewish priest, has confessed exodus never happened

Who was Abraham trying to control. All three major religions claim Abraham as father. They all made him up?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

To an atheist its not as Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Amadioha are on same level with Batman, Superman, green goblin, spiderman etc

You just conceded there is something there - a supernatural. Does Batman, Spiderman, etc belong in the supernatural relm also?? See the big difference?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Omooba77:
Words are very powerful in warfare; even people that recite incantations know this. It is baffling that many of us Christains today, take the word of God with levity; even Jesus when he was here always quoting the Word of God; saying, 'it is written......'
Please never toil with the Word of God as written in the Bible, because the grass wither and flower fades away, but the Word of God standeth sure for ever.

Have a blessed day sirs and mas!

All Religions are man-made.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Czech Republic! China! Are they some of the best countries in the world? What is the greatest country in the world called? "GOD'S OWN COUNTRY"! LOL.

No country calls itself devils own country.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Who was Abraham trying to control. All three major religions claim Abraham as father. They all made him up?

It means that the 3 major religions are man-made.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Omooba77: 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

If you say so...
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

How can you use the content of a book to defend the book?
The question is, how do you validate the content?
Do you Ever wonder why God made everyone equal yet chose a particular tribe (Jews) to be his own people while the others were were abominations to be killed and raped at God's command(read old testament)? The books in the Bible are written by the Jews right? So why would they not write and paint their own God as Almighty. Look at it closely, even the Muslims portray their religion as the ultimate, so does the Buddhist.
See, we are all controlled by fear. The average person is religious not out of love but out of fear of going to HELL FIRE.
When I was younger, I was taught that God (Jesus) loves us unconditionally, no matter our sins but I've eventually realized that there's a condition; if you don't love him in return and do his will, you would go to HELL FIRE. That's a really big CONDITION for a love that's UNCONDITIONAL.
But what do I know.

Because everything we think we know is based on preponderance of evidence. The bible cannot be an exception. I have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF knowing for sure that u actually exist or that man actually went to the moon or that earth is round or that ions, atoms etc exist
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

No country calls itself devils own country.

Don't be so sure. There are some quite proud devil worshippers
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Doesn't mean there is nothing there. The biggest atheist on NL, hopefullandlord, just conceded there is something there - a supernatural.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It means that the 3 major religions are man-made.

Define "man-made".
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Because everything we think we know is based on preponderance of evidence. The bible cannot be an exception. I have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF knowing for sure that u actually exist or that man actually went to the moon or that earth is round or that ions, atoms etc exist
Begs the question.

I can prove I exist using Rene Descartes analogy "I think , therefore I am"
I can prove you exist by coming there to give you a slap( I know you can beat me so I'd run a way after grin)
I can prove a man went to the moon by going to the moon myself.
So tell me, how do the Muslims, Christian, Buddhist, Jews prove that their books are holy when it contains more stories of God commanded wars and killings than an American gun film?

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

"This notwithstanding, the supernatural world is real.". That is a HUGE concession. Once you've make that concession, the next question is how do u know? The answer is that you just know, or you've encountered it. That's also how we know of God - we have encountered Him, we cab feel Him, we just know.
The question is wether the bible is fake and made-up, as you claim. The answer Is An emphatic NO - you can feel it, you can tell, just as u can tell batman is made-up.

So it doesn't strike you as odd that all the other religions can feel that their Holy Book is real and not made up by man?
I think if you tell yourself a lie over and over again for a Long period of time and it will become your truth. We are in the habits of telling ourselves so many lies that they have become our TRURH. It's why you can just sit and get a FEELING that it is something is Truth even without proof. Before the whiteman brought his own religion, what was our TRUTH? Before science came, do you know sickle cell were called OBANJE or what ever it is called?
A man once said Africa is still in the DARK AGES but a RENAISSANCE is upon us and when it comes, many would rather die than accept.

It was nice having this dialogue with you. I however understand that is every man to his mind so I can't try to sell my own mind to you.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

Begs the question.

I can prove I exist using Rene Descartes analogy "I think , therefore I am"
I can prove you exist by coming there to give you a slap( I know you can beat me so I'd run a way after grin)
I can prove a man went to the moon by going to the moon myself.
So tell me, how do the Muslims, Christian, Buddhist, Jews prove that their books are holy when it contains more stories of God commanded wars and killings than an American gun film?

You ever seen the movie "the matrix"? All this could be entirely in your head. There is no way u can prove anything exists outside your head.
BTW Rene Decartes was wrong. Just because u think does not prove u exist, it only proves that "thinking" exists.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

So it doesn't strike you as odd that all the other religions can feel that their Holy Book is real and not made up by man?
I think if you tell yourself a lie over and over again for a Long period of time and it will become your truth. We are in the habits of telling ourselves so many lies that they have become our TRURH. It's why you can just sit and get a FEELING that it is something is Truth even without proof. Before the whiteman brought his own religion, what was our TRUTH? Before science came, do you know sickle cell were called OBANJE or what ever it is called?
A man once said Africa is still in the DARK AGES but a RENAISSANCE is upon us and when it comes, many would rather die than accept.

It was nice having this dialogue with you. I however understand that is every man to his mind so I can't try to sell my own mind to you.

I enjoy having the discussion too, while busy doing other things, hence my delayed responses.
Point is everything we think we know is based on FEELING. That's how u could say categorically that a supernatural exists though there is no scientific or logical way to prove it. That how I can say that u exist outside my head. Believe me nobody would wake up one day and make up the Bible - impossible. We know that by FEELING and by preponderance of evidence.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

I enjoy having the discussion too, while busy doing other things, hence my delayed responses.
Point is everything we think we know is based on FEELING. That's how u could say categorically that a supernatural exists though there is no scientific or logical way to prove it. That how I can say that u exist outside my head. Believe me nobody woke up one day and made up the Bible - impossible. We know that by FEELING and by preponderance of evidence.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

You ever seen the movie "the matrix"? All this could be entirely in your head. There is no way u can prove anything exists outside your head.
BTW Rene Decartes was wrong. Just because u think does not prove u exist, it only proves that "thinking" exists.
Beautiful thoughts.
I like the way you are critical about this issue of existence.
Now, use that same critical mind to criticize the Religions as a whole, you will see a lot of flaws which most have been brain washed to accept without doubting. Some of which, you yourself would refuse to accept but at this point, you have no choice,its already your truth.

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Define "man-made".

Made by man.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Doesn't mean there is nothing there. The biggest atheist on NL, hopefullandlord, just conceded there is something there - a supernatural.

I am not an Atheist Sir.

I wander the type of sense u people use.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Don't be so sure. There are some quite proud devil worshippers

But they address their country as God's homeland...
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

Point is everything we think we know is based on FEELING. That's how u could say categorically that a supernatural exists though there is no scientific or logical way to prove it. That how I can say that u exist outside my head. Believe me nobody would wake up one day and make up the Bible - impossible. We know that by FEELING and by preponderance of evidence.
Saying the Bible can't be made up is a bias. ANYTHING CAN BE MADE UP.
Why do we chose to be sanctimonious about it? Because we've been told from birth that that's the Truth.
Doesn't it surprise you that the white man who brought religion is now refuting it? Yet, we who received it have taken it to a whole new level.
I think Africans need to wake up from the slumber the Whites put us in with their religion. Now instead of looking for cause and effect (as the Whites do) when things go wrong we Rather blame the devil or accept it as the will of God.
Research and development in Nigeria particularly is being hindered by millions waiting for God to answer THE PRAY OF NIGERIA IN DISTRESS.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
ameri9ja:

The movie only proves the human mind is capable is making up even the most impossible things. Such as RELIGION
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by trumpcoat(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
When you love God,you love his word you can't love one more than the other...It's like saying you love more God than you love Jesus it's not possible,they are one ...
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by sonmvayina(m): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
trumpcoat:
When you love God,you love his word you can't love one more than the other...It's like saying you love more God than you love Jesus it's not possible,they are one ...

God and Jesus are not the same.....jesus is a Roman idol created to make mockery of the most high as prophesied in Daniel 7:25, God is not a man or a human being, and God strictly warned the jews not to make the image of anything in heaven, on earth or under the water bellow the earth, not to now down to them or serve them...so why are you worshipping a man as God, when you know man is found on earth? (2nd commandments)
God is not a man or human being numbers23:19...and he is one deutromomy 6:4, not 3 in one...
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
theAccountant:

Beautiful thoughts.
I like the way you are critical about this issue of existence.
Now, use that same critical mind to criticize the Religions as a whole, you will see a lot of flaws which most have been brain washed to accept without doubting. Some of which, you yourself would refuse to accept but at this point, you have no choice,its already your truth.

It is not a question of beautiful thoughts. It is that the very basis of everything we do (the nature of existence) we are not sure about, yet u want 100% proof the bible was not made up!

The discussion is wether the bible was made up. But if u rather we discuss the merits and demerits of religion we can do that too.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Made by man.

Totally made up by man with no basis whatsoever?
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 11:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I am not an Atheist Sir.

I wander the type of sense u people use.

Read it again. I never said u were an atheist. I said hopefulLandlord is. Religion is the worship of that thing that u believe exists outside atheism - that is the basis of religion, not something someone woke up and made up.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by ameri9ja: 12:00am On Feb 12, 2018
theAccountant:

Saying the Bible can't be made up is a bias. ANYTHING CAN BE MADE UP.
Why do we chose to be sanctimonious about it? Because we've been told from birth that that's the Truth.
Doesn't it surprise you that the white man who brought religion is now refuting it? Yet, we who received it have taken it to a whole new level.
I think Africans need to wake up from the slumber the Whites put us in with their religion. Now instead of looking for cause and effect (as the Whites do) when things go wrong we Rather blame the devil or accept it as the will of God.
Research and development in Nigeria particularly is being hindered by millions waiting for God to answer THE PRAY OF NIGERIA IN DISTRESS.

Of course ANYTHING CAN BE MADE UP. Yet we believe they were not for various reasons. Same with the bible. The bible cannot be the only exception.

We are duscussing wether the bible was made up. But if you would rather we discuss wether religion especially Christianity has been good or bad for Nigeria on balance. I'd say it has been good.
Re: The Word Of God Is Powerful! by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 12, 2018
ameri9ja:

Totally made up by man with no basis whatsoever?

Made by man.

Is that complicated to understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian / Share Your Favourite Christian Song / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.