Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min (8863 Views)

It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega / PDP Flying US Investigators To Hunt Examiners Over Buhari's WAEC — Festus Keyamo / The Name ‘state Of Osun’ Is Illegal, Court Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
grin grin
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Badonasty(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
It is illegal to hunt, traffick and trade in endangered wildlife in Nigeri, the Ministry of environment has stated strictly!

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/it-is-illegal-to-hunt-and-trade.html

Cc lalasticlala
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
emmasege:
The proscription is targeted at endangered animals, not all animals.

You may consult google it to find out the meaning of 'endangered' or better still, engage the service of a professional zoologist.

One maroon that attacked his father on here last week, take note. Etu and igala are not endangered.

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Benz4pimp:
The ministry and minister are both crazy!!!in wiser countries,a ransom and phone number is pasted!!!Once you catch any,you call the number and you are compensated!!!Nigeria is the best shithole country in the world
No bruh. There's no country in the world that pays a compensation when an endangered animal is caught. You're not allowed to capture or kill them at all

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Tomoyayi(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
emmasege:

You may consult google it to find out the meaning of 'endangered' or better still, engage the service of a professional zoologist.

So which animals in Nigeria are endangered?
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by scarletkinq(m): 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
Agbaletu:
Nobody can deny me of my bush meat.
I TINK KIRIKIRI OR KUJE PRISON WOULD DO
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Tomoyayi(m): 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
PerfectlyPerfect:

No bruh. There's no country in the world that pays a compensation when an endangered animal is caught. You're not allowed to capture or kill them at all

They have units that deal with endangered protected animals that roam out of the reserves. You are allowed to defend yourself against a human who attacks you let alone animal and if that results in the capture or Death of the animal so be it.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Sunnah1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
kestolove95:
So snake is now endangered animal? Nonsense

You'll never know until you're "kissed" by it.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by kestolove95(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sunnah1:

You'll never know until you're "kissed" by it.
do u even know d meaning of endangered at all?

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by debolayinka(m): 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
emmasege:

You might do well to enlighten. Does it mean endangered species don't exist in Nigerian forests?
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
As far as the endangered species don't endanger my life and my children's undecided
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by emeka2847: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
What about vulture?
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Originalsly: 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
If this is the best the minister can do....he should be marched out into the forest and be shot like a wild animal...then shot again. What can anyone learn from what he said to make a change? Nothing.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by bezimo(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
That's a good step..that is how developed systems work...we are getting there.
However there is poverty in the land..but God will help us.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by sulakishop(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Make dem add monitor lizard and civet cat to the list
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Phunkyposh(f): 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
They should allow us find that SNAKE that swallowed the 37 million first before this will be enforced shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Twrecks(m): 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
But snakes can swallow money in JAMB office bah?
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
PerfectlyPerfect:

You are your mistake,how do you expect them to stop if you don’t lure them with funds!!!!This is just a normal situation..You want to catch a monkey and you don’t want to use a babana!!!
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Didi2d(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
It is illegal to hunt, traffick and trade in endangered wildlife in Nigeri, the Ministry of environment has stated strictly!

This publication is not enough, they should make sure the information go round every nook and cranny of Nigeria.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by delishpot: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Dem don do Lala strong thing o angry angry angry
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by MobilityExpress: 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
Wonders shall never end. They should add pictures of Nigerians to the list, because Nigerians are the most endangered species in Nigeria right now, especially Nigerian farmers. May God help save us from nonsense governments.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Prognose: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
Better late than never.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Greatzeus(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Eberex:
Useless country, I know there was nothing like this before, just that they are seeing photos of people killing snake, bush meat and birds they now want to act serious
A country of 170m people useless?
Hmmmm i feel your pain,but believe me there are millions of your age out there who won't agree with you,their lives are so good,they wake up to thank God for their blessings. That's why you have to work hard,so that your children won't grow with this type of bitterness and frustration just because you failed as a father to give them a good life.
You feel the way you feel because your parents failed to give you a minute taste of what a good life should be. Because when at your age they were busy blaming the government at Newspaper stand while their mates are working to give their kids the best things of life. Now you are making the same mistake,your kids will probably grow up bitter too and frustrated,and their kids,and their kids,and the circle will continue for.....
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Eberex(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

A country of 170m people useless?
Hmmmm i feel your pain,but believe me there are millions of your age out there who won't agree with you,their lives are so good,they wake up to thank God for their blessings. That's why you have to work hard,so that your children won't grow with this type of bitterness and frustration just because you failed as a father to give them a good life.
You feel the way you feel because your parents failed to give you a minute taste of what a good life should be. Because when at your age they were busy blaming the government at Newspaper stand while their mates are working to give their kids the best things of life. Now you are making the same mistake,your kids will probably grow up bitter too and frustrated,and their kids,and their kids,and the circle will continue for.....

You are just blabbing young man. Besides all you just blabbed about has no business with the original post, so park one side

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Greatzeus(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Eberex:

You are just blabbing young man. Besides all you just blabbed about has no business with the original post, so park one side
I just gave you a motivational speech of your life. Read it again,write it and paste in your room. You are an idiot for calling Nigeria useless.idiot
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oya arrest lala and see this law enforced 100%

Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nothin in this world can seperate me from the love of bush meat, Not even cowharians, i kill bushmeat and kill any matherfacker that tries to stop me. Do they want to indirectly force us to eat cowharian's meats. Chai. . They lie
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by emmasege: 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
debolayinka:

You might do well to enlighten. Does it mean endangered species don't exist in Nigerian forests?
They do. This is why the relevant government agencies need to step up their game by sensitising the public on which animals are endangered in Nigeria, particularly those being hunted as games.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Eberex(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

I just gave you a motivational speech of your life. Read it again,write it and paste in your room. You are an idiot for calling Nigeria useless.idiot

Mumu, its clear you are not even in Nigeria. So shut up.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by Eberex(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

Goat. Its not your fault. It's because you are not in Nigeria. Oh I just checked your location and it says Lagos. I don't think its the Lagos in Nigeria anyway.
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by tosyne2much(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
jerryunit48:
Ahh ! Na im be say some nairalanders go soon land for jail be that
Abi now cheesy
Re: It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min by arnold123: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2018
CeoNewshelm:

OK, THIS ONE NA THE PROBLEM OF THE COUNTRY OOOO, AYELALA KILL BUHARI!! LIGHTNING STRIKE OSINBAJO, two good for nothing fools kmt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ground Troops Foil ISWAP Attacks, Rescue Abducted Passengers In Bama / What Does It Mean To Be A Nigerian Political Delegate? / NNPCL Signs $741m Deal To Rehabilitate Kaduna Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.