Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Who Has A Local Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Who Has A Local Dog? (1574 Views)

My Friend Rot Make My Local Dog / Okay....just Felt Like Posting Pictures Of My Lovely Local Dog Jack / LOCAL DOG - EKUKE (pup) Needed Urgently For My New House - ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has A Local Dog? by ovadbar: 11:51am On Feb 11, 2018
I know this may sound strange but its wat I need now. If any one has a local pup for sale am willing to buy, preferably one that has a foreign breed mix. thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by dredmatthew234(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
Point of correction sir! They are called basenji , and not local dog... you can Google search to confirm... I like it when people appreciate indigenous stuffs like this
Basenji is a kind of dog breed appreciated by the whites there's even an association if basenji breeders in the UK lol � I can get you 30 basenji pups if you want

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by Baroba(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
dredmatthew234:
Point of correction sir! They are called basenji , and not local dog... you can Google search to confirm... I like it when people appreciate indigenous stuffs like this
Basenji is a kind of dog breed appreciated by the whites there's even an association if basenji breeders in the UK lol � I can get you 30 basenji pups if you want

Shalom

The Basenji dog is not the same as our local breed bro, Basenji are highly sort after breed originating from Congo..

The fact hounds share certain similar characteristics doesn't mean they are all Basenjis..

Our local dogs bark, Basenjis don't..

4 Likes

Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by ovadbar: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
dredmatthew234:

Shalom
hahahaha...30? I just nid 1 female thats all. Tanx for the enlightment. How do i get it sir?
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by mercy348(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
u can get a mixed breed dog for at least 7000 to 8000k if interested but firstly were do u live.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by prinzetobi: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Baroba:

The Basenji dog is not the same as our local breed bro, Basenji are highly sort after breed originating from Congo..

The fact hounds share certain similar characteristics doesn't mean they are all Basenjis..

Our local dogs bark, Basenjis don't..

Fact!! Besides, even the ones that we have native to us here, its hard to get a pure strain of it, look at this OP looking for one mixed with a FOREIGN blood, and that's basically what is obtainable.
So majority of what we have now are Mutts; dogs of unknown origin.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by Baroba(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
prinzetobi:

Fact!! Besides, even the ones that we have native to us here, its hard to get a pure strain of it, look at this OP looking for one mixed with a FOREIGN blood, and that's basically what is obtainable.
So majority of what we have now are Mutts; dogs of unknown origin.

True bro..I bet you the remaining " local" breeds, i.e if you can still find pure strains will soon become extinct with the rate local dogs are been mixed with mongrels and whatever else you can imagine..
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by prinzetobi: 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
If we could be like the South Africans who are saving the boerboel breed, we could save our own.
These dogs are underrated. Powerful athletes and genetically fit dogs.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by bexsbash: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
they have said it all,what we have here in Nigeria is mongrel(pedigree untraceable) and mongrel is never a local dog but most people get this mixedup.talking bout basenji,basenji is a typical barkless dog and it originated from Central Africa.
point:dogs doesn't have any breed called local but it's obvious that we do domesticate them
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by ovadbar: 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
Am stil waiting frends.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by adisabarber(m): 10:13am On Feb 13, 2018
I got a puppy that was a cross between a full Labrador and full Alsatian. I crossed her with a local dog and ended up with a very cute dog..... Unfortunately it doesn't bark, doesn't attack strangers and hates dogs so I decided to end the experiment before I end up with a dog without eyes grin
I love her so much though cos I am not really interested in a security dog.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by adisabarber(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2018
ovadbar:
Am stil waiting frends.

How much are you prepared to pay. I don't have but I can ask around.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by ovadbar: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
adisabarber:

How much are you prepared to pay. I don't have but I can ask around.
hw much does it go for?
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by Eveezy(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Where is ur location? Local dogs price varies from 500-3000 depending on who is selling, some mixed local pups are sold from 5-10k. So make ur choice
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by ovadbar: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Eveezy:
Where is ur location? Local dogs price varies from 500-3000 depending on who is selling, some mixed local pups are sold from 5-10k. So make ur choice
awka, anambra.
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by Eveezy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
ovadbar:

awka, anambra.
Well, if Dts ur location I can't help except if u willing to transport thru states. Else it's better u ask around, local dogs re everywhere
Re: Who Has A Local Dog? by kayceeskay(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2018
ovadbar:

awka, anambra.
. I stay there too and I also need a local breed pup pls link me up when you find

(1) (Reply)

Squirrel Got His Massive Balls Trapped On A Fence (photos And Video) / . / Help With A Getting A Friend's Caucasian Dog To Breed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.