Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again (32242 Views)

I Need Recommendation For A Tecno Phone For My Son Of 17yrs, For 25/30000 / Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2018
wildchild02:

I have iPhone 7 plus for sale, check my profile Sir

Naa thanks
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Mastarcard: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2018
The drop test says otherwise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcNEt-cdvw
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by crowntoro(f): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2018
[quote author=Teedawg post=64990794]All these tecno and infinix and whatever are just using Africans anyhow.. Buy phones that compete internationally and your life will never remain the same [/quote ] phones like?
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by crowntoro(f): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2018
Teedawg:
All these tecno and infinix and whatever are just using Africans anyhow.. Buy phones that compete internationally and your life will never remain the same
phones like?
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Freelancer007(m): 11:25am On Feb 12, 2018
Just like saying: " I will never use this airtel data plan for Android again" .
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by nathanccr(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2018
lanre316:

I sold the phone away, merely seeing it was depressing. It takes the whole night to charge it for up to 80% from zero. And the problem is not the charger cos it fast charges other phones. I borrowed other fast charging chargers, still the same problem.
Hmmm....okay. It may have been Port issue.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Richlife247: 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
fibonacci2526:

LOL, Oga you can choose to be grateful to them if you like. Not everyone can say same.

Not everyone but higher ratio
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by londonzona: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Let me use this ample opportunity to ventilate my dissatisfaction towards this brand of phone called Techno. The last one I bought was Techno L9, it was sold to me for 35k. I cursed the day I bought that phone. Once I download any new app or music.. I am damned my battery level won't exceed 5% again even if you charge from now till infinity.I took it to them ,after waiting for a day they flashed the phone and gave it to me. It happened repeatedly until I became friends to some of the staffs. The one that broke the camels back was when I found out that my battery has started swelling.They have to advice me to get another phone.i sold it, Now Iam using Gionee M5. I suffered eeh
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by cbngov01(m): 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
I bought a useless tecno w3 from 3chub august 2017 and just imagine it parked up last week under normal usage without it falling or
anything lik that.

I didnt com up again after weeks of it hanging seriously and took it to their engineers who told be the panel is damaged i will never in my life spend a dime on those worthless chinko crap and i encourage you not to do the same.

Ah ah since August 2017...o boy uve enjoyed the fone jare.or u want them to give u another one cos of this complaint? O boy techno is bae! Sweet phone, lasts long...Sorry bro, shit happens

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by bishopkay: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
emekaD3:
Bro, sometimes we just have bad luck with electronics, bought an iphone 6 when it just came out , it packed up in 10 days, i vex and started using cheap tecno and infinix phones, this year again i bought a macbook pro and now the speakers are dead within 2 weeks... both purchases were brand new and original.
Brand new purchases and you didn't go rain holy hell on the sellers or dealership? Guy ur money too long. Me, I go dance egede dance for their office, I go dance until I make sure say dem either fix am or outright swap. They have warranties for crying out loud! Except Na UK used u buy oo
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Ernesthugo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2018
lanre316:
I bought infinix note 4 around late last year for 55k. After using it for less than one month, the fast charging stopped working. They told me I need to change the panel for 35k. I just walk away from their so-called Carl Care in anger and bitterness. I vowed that's the last time I will touch anything tecno, infinix or itel again. I am currently using redmi note 4x and I feel like slapping myself for having used tecno in the past.
redmi na the real CHINA
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by yvesboss(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
My Tecno G9 since 2014...trust me..its bae
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by realtalk19: 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
av bin using my techno p5 since June 2014 .water poured on it and it went blank but stil rings when i av cals only dat i cant see d caller. i just fixed d sceen nd touch then dried d panel for 5k.

am stil using my techno. i dnt av spare cash yet for a new fone.i wil stil go for techno when i nid to buy a new fone.

i love TECHNO
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by mechanics(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Techno phones no try at all, even the phone that am using now, is not working well.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
mannycrown:
Story for the gods. Even a brand new car can malfunction or breakdown after payment from the car shop.
All the Infinix I ever used and currently using havent been fixed for any issue.
My Note 3 pro is still breathing and soon be ready to be given to a new owner for Infinix Zero 5.
By the way my first Tecno was Tecno F5. Used. Never fixed. Sold and upped to Infinix Hot Note. Used. Never fixed. Gave out. Upped to Infinix Note 2 Pro. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Upped to Infinix Note 3. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Upped to Infinix Zero 4. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Downed to Note 3 Pro. Warming up to up soon to Infinix Zero 5.
I'm a Proud Infinix Fan. #BigBatteryAdvantage #ValueForMoney #Affordable
Pls could you sell me ur Infinix note 3 pro?
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by webngnews: 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
#metoo
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by MilesLamar(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Kingxway:
please how much did you buy the redmi? How can I get one in Ghana?

Order for your own on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by oshorstan(f): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
DanXplore:
I keep telling people to shun all these tecno, Infinix etc, they thought I was just been naive. I only go for brands with track record. If it is not Samsung, I go for IPhones. For tablets, I use IPad. For tvs, air conditioners etc I use LG, Samsung and other reputable brands. They might be slightly expensive but 10 out of 10 times, I get value for the money spent. I am currently using a Samsung phone that was bought 2years ago and till date, it is still on point. Never took it for repairs for once. I am about dashing my younger bro this current phone and going for another Samsung or iPhone soonest.

I want to be ur younger brother bros
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by dljbd1(m): 2:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
Been using my redmi note4 since October 2016 and nothing has happened to the phone.
I plan to change it in 2021 and I will come here to say I dashed someone when the time come. Yes, I am that confident it will not spoil by then...I can beat my breast angry
Thank you.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by eleojo23: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
dljbd1:
Been using my redmi note4 since October 2016 and nothing has happened to the phone.
I plan to change it in 2021 and I will come here to say I dashed someone when the time come. Yes, I am that confident it will not spoil by then...I can beat my breast angry
Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. grin

dljbd1

You are invited to our non-stop fellowship on the Xiaomi thread.
Time: Anytime
Venue: https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread

See you there..grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by vicben27(m): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
my Camon cx air went off! december and never came on again carl care said they be fixin it for 31k. l cant waste such an amount on repairs. l'll go get an LG phone when am ready! am never buying any china phone again. waited 44k

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by youseuph(m): 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
One is just getting confused choosing a phone. No to infinix and tecno. But I am torn between Nokia 5 and Leagoo t5......I need a guide pls.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by emekaD3(m): 3:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
AntiWailer:

Bros return it to where u bought it from.

and iPhone that packed up in 10 days is still under global warranty na. Haba,

Lol, i took the phone to slot calabar, it was repaired but everything went downhill from there, as for the mac, i'm in enugu now, dunno where to go to fix the speakers, apple doesnt have good customer care in Nigeria
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by mannycrown: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
TeeLawrnz:
continue enjoying ur chinko products ò jare

Surely. China (Chinko, if you like) got my back! #ProudlyInfinixClubFan #NoAppologies
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by pr0blem: 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
Kingxway:
lol... Tecno, infinix and itel phones are everywhere here. Only Gionee is not available. I prefer Samsung phones but their battery life discourages me. I think Redmi note 4x should be the best option for now

Are there redmi care centers in Ghana?
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Kingxway: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2018
pr0blem:

Are there redmi care centers in Ghana?
No
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Kingxway: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
MilesLamar:

Order for your own on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Thanks
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Vickytall: 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
Fmdipo:
I have been using my TECNO L8+ since August 2016 and last month was the first time I spent money on it for repair (just 3k for charging problem)

I bought techno l8 and in less than two months it packed up went to the office and was told to pay 33400 for panel, sent it to my kid brother who repairs phone and he repaired it with 500

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
komols856:
. please what do you mean by mediatek phone, how do you know that phone is mediatek, please explain. thanks

Mediatek phones are phones that use the mediatek SOC (system on Chip).
By SOC roughly means the array of CPU,GPU( Graphic Processing Unit) and other processing unit in the phone hardware.

In simple terms you know how laptops are either Made with Intel Cpu and others made with AMD.
Mediatek is like the AMD of phones.

Mediatek are cheap SOC hardware made for cheap companies that produce phones with generic specs, eg Tecno, infinix , Gionee.
1. They have limited performance and speed,most are still based on 2012 arm cortex A7 just with overclocked CPU.

2. They hardly get update cause the chip come together with the software from the mediatek company,
So basically all these phones have same firmware just different skins and themes developed by the phone manufacturers.

3. They get obsolete fast ,a mediatek SOC can only accommodate improvement in app demands for a year.
After a year they get very laggy.
Samsung s4 5year old snapdragon/exynos is still very smooth and efficient even with all the improvement in app demand.

All these shortcomings are the major reason the SELLING POINTS OF MEDIATEK PHONES ARE THERE EXTREMELY LARGE BATTERIES.

Which are the better SOCs?? >>>
Snapdragon, Exynos, Tegra , and Apple cpu(which is manufactured by Samsung)

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by austinereds(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
ibbryte:

By SOC roughly means the array of CPU,GPU( Graphic Processing Unit) and other processing unit in the phone hardware.

In simple terms you know how laptops are either Made with Intel Cpu and others made with AMD.

Mediatek are cheap SOC hardware made for cheap companies that produce phones with generic specs, eg Tecno, infinix , Gionee.
1. They have limited performance and speed,most are still based on 2012 arm cortex A7 just with overclocked CPU.

2. They hardly get update cause the chip come together with the software from the mediatek company,
So basically all these phones have same firmware just different skins and themes developed by the phone manufacturers.

3. They get obsolete fast ,a mediatek SOC can only accommodate improvement in app demands for a year.
Samsung s4 5year old snapdragon/exynos is still very smooth and efficient even with all the improvement in app demand.

All these shortcomings are the major reason the SELLING POINTS OF MEDIATEK PHONES ARE THERE EXTREMELY LARGE BATTERIES.

that is pure definition.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by fibonacci2526: 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
ibbryte:

You forgot to add Kirin.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Donndino: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
There is luck involved with most phones. Been using my Tecno boom for over 2 years with no problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP!!! I Need A Good Phone. / Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.