Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It (1678 Views)

Basic Etiquette Rules Every Child Should Know / Little Girl Breaks Down In Tears After Realizing She Can’t Buy Anything With N10 / 10 Etiquette Rules For A Happy Hostess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2018
There are many etiquette rules that can be neglected, but definitely not these 6. And the most curious thing about them is that very few people even know these rules exist.

https://brightside.me/inspiration-tips-and-tricks/6-situations-where-you-violate-etiquette-and-dont-even-know-about-it-449260/
mynd44
Dominique

Letting a woman get into an elevator first

If you think that letting a woman pass into the elevator first makes you a gentleman, you are wrong. Elevators are potentially very dangerous, so a man should be the first to enter. And the person who is closest to the door should exit the elevator first, no matter if it’s a man or a woman.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:29am On Feb 13, 2018
Saying, “Bless you!”
When you are with your friends and family, it is fine to say this if someone sneezes. In all other situations, you should pretend that you didn’t notice anything. Sometimes you can offer a tissue or a handkerchief but nothing more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Covering your mouth with your right hand when coughing
The right hand is considered to be “social” because we use it to say hello when we meet someone. And if you cough or sneeze before that, you can pass on a lot of bacteria with your hand

2 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2018
How to choose the right glass for the right drink
1,2- Champagne
3 — Red wine
4 — White wine
5 — Wine, port
6 — Liqueur
7 — Multilayered cocktails
8 — Mineral water
9, 10 — Vodka
11, 12 — Beer
13, 14 — Soft drinks
15 — Hot cocktails
16 — Martini
17 — Margarita
18 — Tropical cocktails
19 — Cognac
20, 21, 22 — Whiskey

5 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2018
Passing the pepper without the salt
Or the salt without the pepper. Anyway, etiquette rules say that you can’t pass only one of them. So don’t forget to pass the pepper as well when you were asked only for the salt.

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:38am On Feb 13, 2018
Stirring sugar clockwise
You are concentrating so hard on not hitting the walls of the cup that you don’t even know you are making a mistake. You shouldn’t make circles with your spoon; you should go back and forth with it. This will dissolve the sugar faster and make the process much quieter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Congratulating a bride on her marriage
It’s unexpected, but according to etiquette rules, only a man can be congratulated on marriage. You can only wish happiness to a woman — nothing more. The reason is very romantic: a man “conquered” a woman and married her, so he is the only one who deserves to be congratulated.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by ifex370(m): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2018
When you have money.. You can be unmannered all you want

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by charloski(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2018
ifex370:
When you have money.. You can be unmannered all you want

Wrong Perspective bro... very wrong.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by OKUCHI11(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
okwuagwu
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by Angy55(f): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice, I've learnt some things. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Angy55:
Nice, I've learnt some things. Thank you

You're
Welcome

2 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by bukatyne(f): 1:06am On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
It’s unexpected, but according to etiquette rules, only a man can be congratulated on marriage. You can only wish happiness to a woman — nothing more. The reason is very romantic: a man “conquered” a woman and married her, so he is the only one who deserves to be congratulated.

Afterall, even the Bible praises a man for a good wife, never saw where a woman was congratulated for it.

Why women are the ones more eager/ready never cease to baffle me.

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by bukatyne(f): 1:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by christ1stlove(f): 5:27am On Feb 14, 2018
Nice

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by sisisioge: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

1,2- Champagne

3 — Red wine

4 — White wine

5 — Wine, port

6 — Liqueur

8 — Mineral water

9, 10 — Vodka

11, 12 — Beer

13, 14 — Soft drinks

15 — Hot cocktails

16 — Martini

17 — Margarita

18 — Tropical cocktails

19 — Cognac

20, 21, 22 — Whiskey

I find this extremely confusing...I use any one that falls in my hand biko grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2018
bukatyne:

Afterall, even the Bible praises a man for a good wife, never saw where a woman was congratulated for it.

Why women are the ones more eager/ready never cease to baffle me.
cheesy
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2018
sisisioge:

I find this extremely confusing...I use any one that falls in my hand biko grin

It isn't confusing. That's what most "tùsh Bars" do

Especially the Beer,Whiskey and Champagne part grin
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by sisisioge: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

It isn't confusing. That's what most "tùsh Bars" do

Especially the Beer,Whiskey and Champagne part grin

My other job is with events...sometimes, I get confused about which glass is which. Especially those with close semblance grin
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by RoyalBlak007: 9:19am On Feb 14, 2018
sisisioge:

My other job is with events...sometimes, I get confused about which glass is which. Especially those with close semblance grin

Most Nigerians don't care joor! All they want is "Just pour the drink in a clean glass"

All join grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by BoncoBoy: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2018
OP u get time oo.. so I should now be studying different types of glass cups abi...when am not a barman/Waiter because of etiquette

3 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

1,2- Champagne

3 — Red wine

4 — White wine

5 — Wine, port

6 — Liqueur

8 — Mineral water

9, 10 — Vodka

11, 12 — Beer

13, 14 — Soft drinks

15 — Hot cocktails

16 — Martini

17 — Margarita

18 — Tropical cocktails

19 — Cognac

20, 21, 22 — Whiskey
I don't have time for this biko

2 Likes

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by Dottore: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
How this thing take concern kpako like us. nice post though
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by jashar(f): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hmmmm....

Very informative.

As usual smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by jashar(f): 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
OKUCHI11:
okwuagwu

cheesy grin

It's only just begun...
Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by jashar(f): 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Yeah.

Best wishes to the bride

Congratulations to the groom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Etiquette Rules People Break Without Even Realizing It by yondiamekenpach: 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

hahaha ATLAST!!!! like "we have been waiting for you to leave us since "

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Married Woman / Woman, 85, Lay Dead In Her Flat For FIVE YEARS Before Anyone Noticed. / Photos: This Nigerian Newborn Baby Can Hold Her Own Feeding Bottle!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.