Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. (16254 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Installing A Turbocharger In Nigeria / Importance Of Having A Car Tracker In You Vehicle / MTN Car Tracker In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
gwng:
Usually clients ask us a lot of questions before installing trackers in their vehicles. Sometimes they ARE NOT ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS. Here are some questions you should ask before installing a tracker in your car:

1. How effective is the tracker (what is the margin for error)?

2. Can I stop my car remotely with this tracker (via sms or online or both)?

3. Is their an online platform (website/app) where I can monitor the car from?

4. Does the online platform offer real time tracking?

5. What other features does the tracker have (geo-fencing, mileage report, overspeed alert, Low battery Alert etc.)

6. Will I need to pay yearly fees to use your online platform (website/app)

7. Does the tracker have a backup battery?

Contact us on 09032614208 for details or read https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/ to know more reasons why your car needs a tracker...
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
Available.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
Available
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Available!
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 11:19am On Mar 28, 2018
Available..
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
gwng:
Usually clients ask us a lot of questions before installing trackers in their vehicles. Sometimes they ARE NOT ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS. Here are some questions you should ask before installing a tracker in your car:

5. What other features does the tracker have (geo-fencing, mileage report, overspeed alert, Low battery Alert etc.)

Contact us on 09032614208 for details or read https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/ to know more reasons why your car needs a tracker...
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by nickxtra(m): 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
gwng:

Depends on the car starting from 20K.
How much does it take to provide tracking for a Toyota Corolla sport?
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
nickxtra:
How much does it take to provide tracking for a Toyota Corolla sport?

Without online platform: 25K, With Online platform: 30K. Home installation will incur transportation cost
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by mzDzt9R: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Contact US
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2018
aVAILABLE
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2018
Contact.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2018
gwng:

Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
Contact.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 12:17pm On May 02, 2018
Contact Us
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 2:49pm On May 07, 2018
Available..
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 2:56pm On May 14, 2018
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 1:54pm On May 23, 2018
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
available.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
gwng:

Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by VolvoS60(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
OP,

Someone installed tracking devices in his vehicles but he has been having problems with battery life. The batteries of both cars have been replaced twice! in the last 9 months and the likely suspects are the trackers. Both cars do not have any DTCs or fault codes except for a faulty tyre pressure monitoring system - and this has nothing to do with battery life as far as I know. In frustration he has removed the trackers to see if the latest batteries will go the way of the old ones. Any ideas?
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by Thegamingorca(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
gwng:

Which car?

Toyota corolla '09
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by AutoElectNG: 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
VolvoS60:

OP,

Someone installed tracking devices in his vehicles but he has been having problems with battery life. The batteries of both cars have been replaced twice! in the last 9 months and the likely suspects are the trackers. Both cars do not have any DTCs or fault codes except for a faulty tyre pressure monitoring system - and this has nothing to do with battery life as far as I know. In frustration he has removed the trackers to see if the latest batteries will go the way of the old ones. Any ideas?

He needs me!

Parasitic drain

Tracker installed wrongly.

Connected to the wrong circuits
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Toyota corolla '09

Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by gwng: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
VolvoS60:

OP,

Regardless of the circuit, I doubt if the tracker should be the cause. It also depends on the MODEL OF TRACKER installed. Proper check will be required.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by VolvoS60(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
AutoElectNG:

He needs me!

Parasitic drain

Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by VolvoS60(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
AutoElectNG:

He needs me!

Parasitic drain

^^^
Vehicle owners got fed up and removed the devices - one of them is a vehicle we talked about on another thread. Of course tracking company claims they are experts who know what they are doing and as such have ruled out faulty installation, wrong connection etc.

Owner just wants to see if batteries will die again soon before deciding what to do next. What do I tell him to convince him to give you a shot at installation?
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by VolvoS60(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
gwng:

Regardless of the circuit, I doubt if the tracker should be the cause. It also depends on the MODEL OF TRACKER installed. Proper check will be required.

^^^
Ok.

Owner is still waiting to observe things for a while. May be willing to consider other options after this waiting period.
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by AutoElectNG: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
Vehicle owners got fed up and removed the devices - one of them is a vehicle we talked about on another thread. Of course tracking company claims they are experts who know what they are doing and as such have ruled out faulty installation, wrong connection etc.

Owner just wants to see if batteries will die again soon before deciding what to do next. What do I tell him to convince him to give you a shot at installation?

https://www.nairaland.com/4584712/need-car-battery-draining-itself/3#69011751

I fixed the drain here

I traveled to Ekiti to do it

I insisted on a proper factory quality adapter instead of splicing wires to fix the audio that was the reason for the parasitic drain in the first place

I didn't reconnect the audio back because at the time I left the client had not sourced the adapter or empowered me to do so on his behalf

The important thing is I found what caused the drain and took it off and there was no more drain

Like in your case, it killed two batteries.

I got the electrical schematics to get this done.

Finally I have a relationship with Tramigo, a foremost car tracking firm
Re: Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. by VolvoS60(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
AutoElectNG:

https://www.nairaland.com/4584712/need-car-battery-draining-itself/3#69011751

I fixed the drain here

I traveled to Ekiti to do it

I insisted on a proper factory quality adapter instead of splicing wires to fix the audio that was the reason for the parasitic drain in the first place

I didn't reconnect the audio back because at the time I left the client had not sourced the adapter or empowered me to do so on his behalf

The important thing is I found what caused the drain and took it off and there was no more drain

Like in your case, it killed two batteries.

I got the electrical schematics to get this done.

Finally I have a relationship with Tramigo, a foremost car tracking firm

^^^
Looks good.

Will talk to owner and see what he says. Vehicle is in Lagos from time to time.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.