Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. (42316 Views)

I'm Beginning To Doubt My Disbelief On Men Of God. / Flooding Has Been Swallowed Up, Prophet Shola Says After Meeting Governor Douye / I Am Beginning To Doubt The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by kevoh(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2018
@ ameri9ja

1. Belief in God is belief in god. Either u believe in god or u don't. The name is irrelevant.
The name is very relevant. Some people believe their own version of god does not interfere in their affairs, some believe it does, while others do not believe in any good at all. To fully know where the discussion is heading so we don't keep going round in circles, what is the name of the god you are referring to.

2. Placebo effect as achieved because u BELIEVE the placebo has the power to cure you. Likewise a believer's BELIEF can work all sorts of miracles for him. An atheist can't access such.
A believer's belief rarely work any miracle. If not we would have zero need for hospitals and doctors in Nigeria and Christians like Ayefele and Cobhams receiving their so called miracles. Atheists are not silly and deluded enough to hope some belief in a god will help restore a lost limb.

3. As I just told, a strong belief serves as a guardrail for the ORDINARY person, preventing him from certain excesses. Example, take that kidnapper Evans, if someone had talked him into becoming a true follower of Christ, none of those people would have been kidnapped. Likewise think of how many people are not alcoholics today because they are Muslims and can't drink.
This is not true, you do not need to be a Christian or Muslim before you know causing harm to a fellow human is bad. NL frontpage is filled everyday with Pastors and Christians doing evil things this totally disproves your theory that knowing or being a follower of Christ helps.
Mind you, I am neither Muslim nor Christian and yet do not drink nor smoke. I pay my taxes and try my best to be law abiding. All these I am able to do without being a Christian. My neighbor refuses to pay his electricity bills and bypassed the prepaid meter and he is a Christian. And you are here talking about some guardrails being a benefit!

4. It even benefits you, an atheist. Who knows how many armed robbers or such u avoided because someone converted them before they had contact with you.
Dios Mios shocked this is silly... And the Christians who were robbed and raped why was their case not avoided? What about the Pastor's that are using sweet words and the Bible to con and sexually molest people, why are the christian victims not able to avoid them or are they not going to benefit too?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by ameri9ja: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2018
kevoh:
@ ameri9ja

1. Belief in God is belief in god. Either u believe in god or u don't. The name is irrelevant.
The name is very relevant. Some people believe their own version of god does not interfere in their affairs, some believe it does, while others do not believe in any good at all. To fully know where the discussion is heading so we don't keep going round in circles, what is the name of the god you are referring to.

2. Placebo effect as achieved because u BELIEVE the placebo has the power to cure you. Likewise a believer's BELIEF can work all sorts of miracles for him. An atheist can't access such.
A believer's belief rarely work any miracle. If not we would have zero need for hospitals and doctors in Nigeria and Christians like Ayefele and Cobhams receiving their so called miracles. Atheists are not silly and deluded enough to hope some belief in a god will help restore a lost limb.

3. As I just told, a strong belief serves as a guardrail for the ORDINARY person, preventing him from certain excesses. Example, take that kidnapper Evans, if someone had talked him into becoming a true follower of Christ, none of those people would have been kidnapped. Likewise think of how many people are not alcoholics today because they are Muslims and can't drink.
This is not true, you do not need to be a Christian or Muslim before you know causing harm to a fellow human is bad. NL frontpage is filled everyday with Pastors and Christians doing evil things this totally disproves your theory that knowing or being a follower of Christ helps.
Mind you, I am neither Muslim nor Christian and yet do not drink nor smoke. I pay my taxes and try my best to be law abiding. All these I am able to do without being a Christian. My neighbor refuses to pay his electricity bills and bypassed the prepaid meter and he is a Christian. And you are here talking about some guardrails being a benefit!

4. It even benefits you, an atheist. Who knows how many armed robbers or such u avoided because someone converted them before they had contact with you.
Dios Mios shocked this is silly... And the Christians who were robbed and raped why was their case not avoided? What about the Pastor's that are using sweet words and the Bible to con and sexually molest people, why are the christian victims not able to avoid them or are they not going to benefit too?

1. My friend the name is irrelevant. The BELIEF is.
If u truly and strongly believe that the flying spaghetti monster (Ala hopefullandlord lol) is god, u can call him Visna or whatever name u wish.

2. You ever heard the saying "God cures and doctors take the credit". I don't know how u can doubt that a strong belief works wonders. It has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven.

3. My friend, we are not talking about anecdotal YOU. We are talking about Nigerian society in general. You truly think Christianity has done more harm than good. Also remember, it's actions that define u as a Christian not just saying u r one. Just as u can't go to church to worship and still insist u r an atheist.

4. You hear Testimonies all the time: people who become TRUE followers of Christ turn away from evil. If someone were on their way to rob u and got converted, they won't rob u - guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conquering Marine Spirits. / Top 10 Hilarious Names Of Nigerian Churches (photos) / Pastor Walter Masocha Sex Scandal With Married Daughter, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.