Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC (26352 Views)

GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters / How Much Of GSM Subscriber Base Was Affected By Suspension Of SIM Card Sales? / Thousands Of GSM Numbers Database For Each Local Government In Kogi State Is Ava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by RealGucci: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
minerals...soft drinks
revise...instead of reverse
stood instead of stool
Icon79:
One of those quack English you can only hear from a Nigerian:

Cellphone = GSM
PC = IBM
Underwear = pants
Plastic bag = polythene bag
Cellphone = Handset (and btw, do y'all have a "leg-set" as well?)
... and I can go on and on

O pari
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Greatzeus(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
A cellular repeater (also known as cell phone signal booster or amplifier) is a type of bi-directional amplifier used to improve cell phone reception.
Can it boost browsing speed,that's my own concern. I am ok with call reception signal so far ? Can it make download faster or make 3g fast like 4g? Thanks
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ncc needs to rest and stop trying to be relevant this 2018

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by ngwababe(f): 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Afamed:
You take Style like awoof. lol
But bro i no lie na, lol

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
Sanchez01:

It is a device installed within a house, structure or building to further boost the strength of a particular telecommunication signal. The essence is to serve High Value Customers, who though love the telco operator, but are restricted to using certain services such as data and voice.
thank you. Just hearing this for the first time
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by horia: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
gcof:
Please can someone take his/her time to explain what a GSM booster is
I would like to have one if it would increase the speed of my connections
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Beezibody: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
10x 4 d awareness.....
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
A cellular repeater (also known as cell phone signal booster or amplifier) is a type of bi-directional amplifier used to improve cell phone reception.
thank you
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
horia:
I would like to have one if it would increase the speed of my connections
i think this should be directed to people who know about it
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Sanchez01: 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
gcof:
thank you. Just hearing this for the first time
You're welcome. One of the reasons you're getting to know about it today is because it is not available to all. Boosters are installed on premises of organizations that generate high revenues for telcos. They are mostly attached to the ceiling and often times look like fire alarms, save for the absence of open spaces in them.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Sanchez01: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
Greatzeus:

Can it boost browsing speed,that's my own concern. I am ok with call reception signal so far ? Can it make download faster or make 3g fast like 4g? Thanks
Yes, it can. One of the reasons why Internet speed slows down is the absence of strong network signals. A network booster is capable of optimizing your signal strength which would in turn impact your Internet/data.

However, a booster might not save you if the closest Base station to you only has 2G on it. At the most, you would get a strong 2G signal which could still be slow for Internet use.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by stanuplane(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
This memo is counter productive. Many guys who didn't know the existence of these boosters before will start looking for them now and they will find it and buy it. Yours truly is a perfect example.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by SpaceAngel: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
If coverage is ok, why would people use boosters? It will affect the radio environment of telecomms operators if used illegally because they will not be considered during network optimization.
I don't blame people that illegally use them because it's like what obtains in power sector where people are forced to use generator because public power is almost not there
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by talk2percy(m): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
so how is that a crime or illegal?? I tire for this government o
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by ponti93(m): 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
can it boost Internet service
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by iluvdonjazzy: 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:
pls u are getting me more confused.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Iamoriginalben(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
All of u asking what GSM Booster is, abeg make una help me aswer this one simple question - "What do u use google for"
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by fashrola(m): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2018
Sanchez01:
The NCC seem confused because it is near impossible for an individual to get a booster and have it latch on to the network of his or her choice without getting help from the network guys.

There are standard procedures for getting boosters and it is never given to an individual. Boosters are not like Mi-Fis that one can carry around.

It is bro.... It's sold online
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by DocHMD: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
alfred007:
can the network providers be giving us better and cheaper services? na ask I ask oh

Have you watched the movie where that meme was culled from? Nice movie I must say.

1 Like

Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Yankee101: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2018
Give them quality networks so they don't have to boost just to make calls
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by piagetskinner(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
is it not your job to ensure that there is good signal coverage and signal strength?....

if that were to be the case who will need gsm booster....but since there is always poor reception what do u expect Nigerians to do no be to get GAM booster....

abeg u guys should do ur job and stop talking trash... arrest ko romance ni
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by iamsammie(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
These people are just dumbass...
The real reason GSM boosters should be illegal is because of the information security risk involved.

Those devices in the right or wrong hand can be used in monitoring cell phones without the knowledge of the cell phone user.

So basically, the device mimics as a cellphone tower Base Transmitting Stations and gets the phones in the area to connect to it. Then it collects International Mobile Subscriber Number (IMSI) and the Electronic Serial Number (ESM) numbers associated with the phone and can connect any phone.

Law enforcement officers use such devices to track people
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Youngzedd(m): 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
meolaniyi:
Who would want to pay extra money to get a booster if NNC had done their job well.
You licenced companies that are giving us substandard sevices and you are also complaing
That we are helping ourselves to improve on it

The matter weak me. This is just suffering and smiling.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by Iamoriginalben(m): 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
How does GSM signal amplifier work?
Every GSM amplifier is designed to catch weak incoming signals from the base station of your provider and boost them inside the building. The outdoor antenna of a repeater gsm shall be mounted in a place with quite a good and stable incoming signal (1-2 bars at least are recommended). The distance to the base station or its direct vision is not so important. After catching the signal mobile from the outside, the antenna passes it through the cable towards the mobile booster placed inside the house. The gsm mobile signal booster intensifies a weak signal and passes it to the indoor antenna that distributes the improved boosters signals around the place.

The mobile signal booster system works with incoming and outgoing signals at the same time. So when you make or accept a call, the boosters mobile signal will be improved, and you will be able to talk without drops with good audibility.

Mobile signal booster not only improves signals, the device also decreases the level of radiation emitted by cell phones. Mobile phones irradiate a lot in places with a weak signal, so using a gsm cell phone signal booster you stabilize the signal level, and phones start to function in a normal mode without excessive load. For the same reason the amplifier usages prolongs the battery life.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by davillian(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
gcof:
Please can someone take his/her time to explain what a GSM booster is
Shaybi u know what booster mean?
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by lexyman(m): 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emily22:

somebody say make you explain something you dey use technical term again....?

why cant you just explain it in a more simpler form .... its a device than increase your chances of getting more network signal (full bar ) in a certain location ...
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by ppotter(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
presidency:
READ: Message from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)

Warning Against Illegal Usage of GSM Boosters. Offenders will be made to face the law.

And is not offence to provide poor network service? Glo has been providing bad network for a very long time and NCC is not doing anything about it. What a failed country, nothing is working.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
davillian:

Shaybi u know what booster mean?
literally
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
lexyman:

somebody say make you explain something you dey use technical term again....?

why cant you just explain it in a more simpler form .... its a device than increase your chances of getting more network signal (full bar ) in a certain location ...
hahahahaha my brother that explanation wan scatter my head
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by gcof(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Sanchez01:

You're welcome. One of the reasons you're getting to know about it today is because it is not available to all. Boosters are installed on premises of organizations that generate high revenues for telcos. They are mostly attached to the ceiling and often times look like fire alarms, save for the absence of open spaces in them.
the announcement is actually for organizations not individuals so we shouldn’t be bothered.
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by benzion72(m): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
I don't even know there is a GSM booster, na be say I must to commit the crime of boosting inadequate gsm signal. That xmas goat minister have nothing in his head. It be like say religion of peace has wipe his Brain. I can't just imagine any contribution he made in three years. The first is to jack up price of data. Now where there is insufficient signal it must not be boosted
Re: Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC by ajl: 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
dust144:
Tell the network provided not me

What kind of country is this. Terrible service providers that are only profiting from people's misery. Here in the US, it's the telecom company that sell this boosters to their customers. My spouse came home with one from T-Mobile. For a moment I thought it's a internet router.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Network Is Currently Working For You? / How Do I Stop MTN Services Popup Message / PHOTO: Caption This Massive Typo Error On Samsung Galaxy Note Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.