Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos (34292 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / South-west Leaders Caution Igbos Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
imhotep:

Yes sir, But your children must learn n pass Yoruba before getting into the school in our no man's land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Yes sir, But your children must learn n pass Yoruba before getting into the school in our no man's land.

I know you are suffersticated, read very well >>>>

LaudableXX:

The same law does not apply to federal universities or tertiary institutions within the same Lagos state, neither does it apply to any of the over 30 private universities nationwide, or any of the higher educational establishments, in 35 other states of the federation. undecided Various alternatives exist. So what is the fuss? The law even goes against any Yoruba person, who does not have a credit pass in Yoruba language. He or she will not get admitted into a state-owned institution in Lagos.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
anibirelawal:

Another pained fellow.. tongue tongue tongue

That niqqa is still a boy, allow him rant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by ideykwum: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
Amarabae:
The social media is bubbling over a new law passed by the Lagos State house of assembly that made it compulsory for anyone seeking admission into Lagos State University to have a credit or pass in Yoruba language and also for the teaching of Yoruba language in all primary and secondary schools.
Ndi Igbo ibem, what is wrong with the law?
Why the noise?
The yorubas have shown the country again that they are proud of their identity and Lagos belongs to them which I agree, Lagos is a Yoruba state, argue with your shadow.
This is a time for us to think, Igbos,
We should be promoting our own identity like language, music, arts, movies ,attire etc
We should be more Igbotic everytime,
It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy trying to be more Jewish than Igbo,
To them, being Jewish is better to them than being Igbo,
Odinani is fading away and some are sweating to promote Judaism whereas the Israeli government are maltreating African immigrants in their country.
We are promoting Judaism while allowing Igbo identity to be fading away.
What a shock!

It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy online arguing and fascinating about how the minorities (ijaws, itsekiris, ogonis etc) will join Biafra.
How will they respect Igbo nation when you have painted yourself as beggars before them,
You hate the word homogeneous Igbo nation, you are only interested in teaching your children how how Phillip effiong was ojukwu vice therefore the whole of South south is Biafra yet if I ask your kids who Flora nwamkpa or mbonu ojike is, they will not know because you didn't bother to teach them.
Instead of talking about Igbo land issue, you are busy arguing on why south south is not in map or geography.

Who did this to us .

I love my Igbo ethnic nation and I am proudly Igbotic by nature, we need to be more ethnocentric as Igbos, enough of being politically correct as Igbo.
Love yourself.
Be proud of your Igbo identity
Showcase it.
Drop the defeatist mentality.
I have sworn that my little baby boy will learn from me how to speak fluent Igbo from small age, not just Igbo but his fathers Anambra dialect.
Kudos to Lagos government.
Let the Igbo governors follow suit.
And finally, Lagos is Yoruba land no matter the amount of investment owned by non indigenes just like Enugu is Igbo land.
There is an Igbo adage that says "O biara ije nwe ula "
Keep your branch anywhere but move your headquarters to Igbo land.
Return your investment home,
Use your brain.
Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries,
Return your investment home.
The people you are buying their lands, paying taxes to and investing in their land don't appreciate nor like you.

Aku ruo uno, Biko o.
Igbo ga adi. Amii
Self preservation is the first law of Nature .
Ndewo

You are one smart cookie!! Nice write up!!

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by madridguy(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
I want to marry one of your sister and I mean it.

letusbepieces:
[s][/s]

I AM NOT PLAYING WITH U.

I AM VERY CLEAR.

THIS IS Y WHITES AND CHINESE WILL REMAIN LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF BLACKS.

IT IS NOT TODAY, I HAVE BEEN WONDERING Y U KEEP RUNNING TO US FOR MARRIAGE.

I DONT LIKE U GOING ANY WHERE NEAR MY IGBO SISTERS.

I AM TAKING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ASK U TO STICK TO UR YORUBA WOMEN OR LEARN THE IGBO LANGUAGE.

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
imhotep:

I know you are suffersticated, read very well >>>>

Yes I k ow, ether you go to federal or go back to your barren land. But for your children to go to any Lagos state own school, they must learn n pass Yoruba. mind that. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Yes I k ow, ether you go to federal or go back to your barren land. But for your children to go to any Lagos state own school, they must learn n pass Yoruba. mind that. grin
LMAO
What of those that go to school in Ogun state, and then return to no-mans-land grin grin
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
imhotep:

LMAO
What of those that go to school in Ogun state, and then return to no-mans-land grin grin
Keep deceiving yourself, let us see those who gets frustrated. Thank you Ambode. More laws to come. Boy, get your wailing eyes ready. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Keep deceiving yourself, let us see those who gets frustrated. Thank you Ambode. More laws to come. Boy, get your wailing eyes ready. grin
Keep passing useless laws
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Pigsandidiots: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
imhotep:

Keep passing useless laws
Keep wailing on it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omonnakoda: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ngozi123:

Lol. Read your post again and you'll see that it's you who's agreeing with me.

Edit: you altered your post to make it seem like I was talking about Lagos but if you read the comment I made that you replied to carefully then you'd realise that I was referring to the immigration of non-Igbos to Anambra.

No I am not agreeing with you. How can sanity agree with insanity?

You have made a series of assertions and assumptions which I reject
1. That there is so called large scale immigration to Lagos State . Where is the evidence

2. That some how this immigration if it exists at all is economically beneficial to Lagos 6State . Where is the evidence that indeed the opposite is not the case?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by brownhawk: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
letusbepieces:

u are still chest beating about ur phantom discriminatoy yoruba only legislation.

I am more interested in proscription of Yoruba from marrying Igbos.

In Nigeria we all have our interest and dislike.

Soon we will pressure Ohanaeze and South East Gov to declare anybody that marry Yoruba family Osu.

As for SS oil companies they must surely now relocate to Warri, Port Harcourt and Uyo.

Federal Gov must build deep seaport in Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

Yoruba have done their own, we must surely do our own.
people like u will commit suicide when your women begin to choose osu than not to marry Yoruba men.

Kiss my anus

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
Amarabae:
The social media is bubbling over a new law passed by the Lagos State house of assembly that made it compulsory for anyone seeking admission into Lagos State University to have a credit or pass in Yoruba language and also for the teaching of Yoruba language in all primary and secondary schools.
Ndi Igbo ibem, what is wrong with the law?
Why the noise?
The yorubas have shown the country again that they are proud of their identity and Lagos belongs to them which I agree, Lagos is a Yoruba state, argue with your shadow.
This is a time for us to think, Igbos,
We should be promoting our own identity like language, music, arts, movies ,attire etc
We should be more Igbotic everytime,
It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy trying to be more Jewish than Igbo,
To them, being Jewish is better to them than being Igbo,
Odinani is fading away and some are sweating to promote Judaism whereas the Israeli government are maltreating African immigrants in their country.
We are promoting Judaism while allowing Igbo identity to be fading away.
What a shock!

It pains me to see some Igbo youths busy online arguing and fascinating about how the minorities (ijaws, itsekiris, ogonis etc) will join Biafra.
How will they respect Igbo nation when you have painted yourself as beggars before them,
You hate the word homogeneous Igbo nation, you are only interested in teaching your children how how Phillip effiong was ojukwu vice therefore the whole of South south is Biafra yet if I ask your kids who Flora nwamkpa or mbonu ojike is, they will not know because you didn't bother to teach them.
Instead of talking about Igbo land issue, you are busy arguing on why south south is not in map or geography.

Who did this to us .

I love my Igbo ethnic nation and I am proudly Igbotic by nature, we need to be more ethnocentric as Igbos, enough of being politically correct as Igbo.
Love yourself.
Be proud of your Igbo identity
Showcase it.
Drop the defeatist mentality.
I have sworn that my little baby boy will learn from me how to speak fluent Igbo from small age, not just Igbo but his fathers Anambra dialect.
Kudos to Lagos government.
Let the Igbo governors follow suit.
And finally, Lagos is Yoruba land no matter the amount of investment owned by non indigenes just like Enugu is Igbo land.
There is an Igbo adage that says "O biara ije nwe ula "
Keep your branch anywhere but move your headquarters to Igbo land.
Return your investment home,
Use your brain.
Igbo land is bigger than Rwanda ,Singapore and Israel in size yet these are countries,
Return your investment home.
The people you are buying their lands, paying taxes to and investing in their land don't appreciate nor like you.

Aku ruo uno, Biko o.
Igbo ga adi. Amii
Self preservation is the first law of Nature .
Ndewo

Rationality = 10/10

1 Like

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by hammer6F: 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
olril17:

you are not making sense...are yorubas holding you from going back to east?

Pigsandidiots:
How many of you have Yoruba and Hausa disturb in his village before?

kayfra:

Jehovah has told you to learn Yoruba or go back to your village.

Dont be silly now, u know we cannot be one country and u be claiming our resources and sending us to our village.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
sharpsecret:
u can make it a compulsory language 4 ur schools in yoruba states like kwara and ogun etc..but dnt bring it to lagos cos lagos is a no mans land
it's in Lagos and it has come to stay...in all d Yoruba States u mentioned, Yoruba language is also a compulsory language there.

Who tell u Lagos is no man's land?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
hammer6F:

Dont be silly now, u know we cannot be one country and u be claiming our resources and sending us to our village.

Igbo's doesn't have any resources in Lagos sir. all the resources are for d Yoruba's including d taxes you are paying there.

where, how, who, what and when did Yoruba's I.e the owner of Lagos claimed ur resources? d last time I check its you strangers that's claiming their ancestral land.
Your people are visitors and strangers in Lagos. All these things you're saying it can only be on a faceless forum like nairaland and limit it to that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by hammer6F: 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Igbo's doesn't have any resources in Lagos?

where, how, who, what and when did Yoruba's I.e the owner of Lagos claimed ur resources? d last time I check its you strangers that's claiming their ancestral land.
Your people are visitors and strangers in Lagos. All these things you're saying it can only be on a faceless forum like nairaland and limit it to that.

LET US CUT TO THE CHASE AND STOP ALL THIS PUSSY FOOTING ABOUT. IT IS EITHER NIGERIA OR NO MORE NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by letusbepieces: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
NIGHTMAREOO7:

solidly behind u

Nwanne Oma, God bless you, we need to take back Igbo land from the traitors destroying and selling our land.

The only way to do this is to stand up for our rights.

They want to force our children to learn Yoruba, we will ban our children from marrying them.

It is our right and privilege.

2 Likes

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
hammer6F:

LET US CUT TO THE CHASE AND STOP ALL THIS PUSSY FOOTING ABOUT.

IT IS EITHER NIGERIA OR NO MORE NIGERIA.

Everybody and tribes knows their boundaries in Nigeria. That some people migrated into yours doesn't make your land "a no man's land"
In American, we have the native Americans, African American and European migrants.

With Nigeria or not, Lagos is 100% Yoruba's land just like Aba is igboland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by hammer6F: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Everybody and tribes knows their boundaries in Nigeria. That some people migrated into yours doesn't make your land "a no man's land"
In American, we have the native Americans, African American and European migrants.

With Nigeria or not, Lagos is 100% Yoruba's land just like Aba.

I REPEAT, ARE WE NIGERIANS OR NOT?
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by nijabazaar: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
this thread is still waxing strong ....
all igbos should thwart the hopeless ....
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
letusbepieces:

Nwanne Oma, God bless you, we need to take back Igbo land from the traitors destroying and selling our land.

The only way to do this is to stand up for our rights.

They want to force our children to learn Yoruba, we will ban our children from marrying them.

It is our right and privilege.
Dead on arrival.it's not possible!!! what about the ashewos of eastern descendants in the south west? I think you should ban that one first. You think you can stop an Igbo female from marrying a Yoruba deamon? an average Igbo female wants a Yoruba man above Igbo man I swear.
while Yoruba females prefer Yoruba men to Igbo's.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
hammer6F:

I REPEAT, ARE WE NIGERIANS OR NOT?
Absolutely Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by nijabazaar: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Dead on arrival.it's not possible!!! what about the ashewos of eastern descendants in the south west? I think you should ban that one first. You think you can stop an Igbo female from marrying a Yoruba deamon? an average Igbo female wants a Yoruba man above Igbo man I swear.
while Yoruba females prefer Yoruba men to Igbo's.

Peurile commentary..
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by hammer6F: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Absolutely Nigerians

NIGERIA IS A SHARING FORMULAR.

IT IS THE ACCEPTANCE OF STRENGTH IN OUR DIVERSITY.

RESPECTING OUR DIFFERENCES WHILST CELEBRATING OUR SIMILARITIES AND COMMON HERITAGE.

WE ARE ONE PEOPLE, ONE NATION WITH COMMON GOALS, AMBITION AND DREAMS.

ANY PROMOTION OF ETHNOCENTRIC AGENDA, FOSTERS CONFLICT.

THIS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA SINCE ITS INCEPTION AND Y PEOPLE THINK IT SHOULD BE BROKEN APART.

AMBODE LEGISLATION IS ETHNOCENTRIC AND UNFAIR TO OTHER TRIBES RESIDENT IN LAGOS.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by DerideGull(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
LaudableXX:

First of all, I am not Yoruba. And as an Eboe man, you should know that not everyone who disagrees with your perspective is Yoruba. I have cousins who are not Igbo, studying in Anambra and yes, they were made to take Igbo language classes in secondary school. Afterall, kids are taught French in our schools, so what makes the teaching of indigenous languages so different?
\

Arrant nonsense. French is an official language, such as English, in most of the West African countries. Yari.ba is not a language used anywhere to conduct official business of state or country.
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by kayfra: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
hammer6F:

What resources? Peddling Mexican drugs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by sharpsecret: 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
lagos is a no mans land..was it built by only d yoruba's?no..was it built with yoruba money?no..who ar d biggest developers?igbos..was lagos a capital of nigeria?yes..do igbos own property there?a lot..wat makes it a yoruba land is it because its in d west?lagos is a no mans land and if u dnt like it just buy sniper 200naira and drink
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by sharpsecret: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
the reason we dont marry ur women is because they cant cook a good meal...i hav gotten so use to nsala soup and oha soup,african salad and many more..can a yoruba girl give me dat apart from watery ewedu and plenty pepper..but ur men go to igbo restaurant daily to enjoy good meal..imagine eating ofensala and going home to meet ewedu..dats going frm grace to grass..yoruba men like good food nd there women cant give dem dat..dats y they go for our women..jx to eat good meal
Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
hammer6F:

NIGERIA IS A SHARING FORMULAR.

IT IS THE ACCEPTANCE OF STRENGTH IN OUR DIVERSITY.

RESPECTING OUR DIFFERENCES WHILST CELEBRATING OUR SIMILARITIES AND COMMON HERITAGE.

WE ARE ONE PEOPLE, ONE NATION WITH COMMON GOALS, AMBITION AND DREAMS.

ANY PROMOTION OF ETHNOCENTRIC AGENDA, FOSTERS CONFLICT.

THIS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA SINCE ITS INCEPTION AND Y PEOPLE THINK IT SHOULD BE BROKEN APART.

AMBODE LEGISLATION IS ETHNOCENTRIC AND UNFAIR TO OTHER TRIBES RESIDENT IN LAGOS.

I guess you will be an Igbo man, hasnt the yorubas done all this before? we have been for ages known as the most accommodative tribe in Nigeria and we respect all d ethnic group in Nigeria. but you people know no boundary, cannot live and respect other tribe be it Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani on your lands or outside your land now even ur fellow Igbo is regarded as an "OSU".

Does it make any sense when your tribesmen are saying Lagos is not a Yoruba land just becus they migrated into it ten years ago for greener pastures and they are jealous and envious of the developments taking place there.

Did will force any Igbo to come to Lagos?
Since you people failed to secede to Biafra you have brought ethnicity confusion everywhere una dey migrate to.

Most especially things you cannot tolerated in your region, you have all tried it on our soil.

Igbos has disrespected us on our own lands, enforcing an Igwe in our ancestral lands, calling Lagos "a no man's land"

Ambode's legislation is for the Yoruba's cultural promotion in Lagos why are you igbos crying about it if you don't like it go back to your Igbo land.

We re fed up of accommodating u pigs from ur region who has taken our benevolence as foolishness. Greatest enemy of d Yoruba nation since 1960s but wants to live in peace with them.

Even an Igbo infant birth today has been made to know Yorubas/Hausa/Fulani is his/her enemy in Biafra lands.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omonnakoda: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
sharpsecret:
the reason we dont marry ur women is because they cant cook a good meal...i hav gotten so use to nsala soup and oha soup,african salad and many more..can a yoruba girl give me dat apart from watery ewedu and plenty pepper..but ur men go to igbo restaurant daily to enjoy good meal..imagine eating ofensala and going home to meet ewedu..dats going frm grace to grass..yoruba men like good food nd there women cant give dem dat..dats y they go for our women..jx to eat good meal
If you have nothing sensible to say be silent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Message To Igbos Over The New Language Law In Lagos by omonnakoda: 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
DerideGull:
\

Arrant nonsense. French is an official language, such as English, in most of the West African countries. Yari.ba is not a language used anywhere to conduct official business of state or country.
Yoruba is an official language in Lagos state now.

Yoruba is an official language recognised in our constitution for conducting business of the national Assembly Section 55

Every time you speak you ridicule yourself

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Okorocha Beats Deadline, Attends APC Presidential Screening / Man Removes Flood Water From His Car In Lagos / Why I Was Absent During Buhari’s Working Visit To Lagos – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.