Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help (23440 Views)

Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" / Benue Killings: Ortom Speaks On Reporting Suswam To DSS / Fulani Herdsmen: Presidency Has Abandoned Us - Benue Governor, Ortom Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Okwyla: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, yesterday called on the United Nations, UN, to intervene in the human crisis resulting from the genocide perpetrated by armed herdsmen in the state.

The Governor made the call on Wednesday at the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, office in Abuja when he led a delegation of the state to make a presentation on the continuous killing of Benue people by rampaging herdsmen.

Governor Ortom informed the gathering that as an administration, which believes in the rule of law and peaceful coexistence, series of meetings for dialogue were organised by the Benue State Government to find a solution to the crisis without much success leading to the promulgation of the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law.
He argued that due process was followed in the making of the law, saying in addition to conducting public hearings, which involved all the stakeholders in the three Senatorial districts of the state and Makurdi, a grace period of six months was allowed for people involved in livestock business to make adjustments.
After the Governor’s opening address, Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Professor Dennis Ityavyar made a presentation which had details on the attacks, including the number of people killed and property destroyed between 2011 and this year. He urged the United Nations to assist Benue State to overcome the challenge.
The United Nations and Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon expressed deep worry that the conflict between herdsmen and farmers if not checked would mar the peaceful conduct of the 2019 general election.

Mr. Kallon stated that already 19 out of the 36 states of the federation were engulfed in the crisis which he said was being driven by climate change, growing scarcity of resources and insufficient political reforms.
He decried the level of attacks and killing of innocent people by armed men, maintaining that he was personally involved in the roadmap to peace and had been calling on Government all levels to find a lasting solution to the conflicts in order to stop the killings.
Mr. Kallon stated that he was represented in Benue at the mass burial of the seventy people killed by suspected Fulani militia in January where he called on the Federal Government to take firm action in investigating the attacks, bringing the perpetrators to justice and also paying compensation to victims in line with International Human Rights obligations.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/benue-killings-ortom-cries-to-un-for.html

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by prospero5(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
it baffles me why buhari is taking this fulani issue lightly. is it until it degenerates to war?

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by FarahAideed: 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
We cannot continue to fold our arms while Buharis commissioned gang of Fulani killers continue to shed innocent blood across the length and breadth of this country .

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by iambijo(m): 9:53am On Feb 15, 2018
In ekiti state measures has been taken to curve herders and farmers crisis and it was successful, why not benue? why ortom is always crying and blaming others for his failures in his capacity as c.s.o of benue state ? Nobody will help u till when rise up to help yourself or simply you are a drowning man as IG says.

13 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ZZ22: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2018
iambijo:
In ekiti state measures has been taken to curve herders and farmers crisis and it was successful, why not benue? why ortom is always crying and blaming others for his failures in his capacity as c.s.o of benue state ? Nobody will help u till when rise up to help yourself or simply you are a drowning man as IG says.
Bro forget that thing Fayose did in Ekiti when these herders fully remember you na that time you go know that Nigeria is an Islamic shithole. If you try to stop them the military will descend on you with their full might. A sitting Governor knows what he is seeing that made him run to UN for help.

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by iambijo(m): 11:29am On Feb 15, 2018
ZZ22:
Bro forget that thing Fayose did in Ekiti when these herders fully remember you na that time you go know that Nigeria is an Islamic shithole. If you try to stop them the military will descend on you with their full might. A sitting Governor knows what he is seeing that made him run to UN for help.
does military descend on fayose ? And why refering to islam as shithole here, i'am muslim and fulani and am being fair with what i wrote, you are just dumb for not balancing ur comment fairly.

19 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by shallysgirl: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
I just thank God that Ortom stood by his people.
I pray he survives this cause his life is at stake.
This is the first time in the history of Nigeria that a governor will be on the side of the people even in the face of present danger and political relegation.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by shallysgirl: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
iambijo:
does military descend on fayose ? And why refering to islam as shithole here, i'am muslim and fulani and am being fair with what i wrote, you are just dumb for not balancing ur comment fairly.
But what he typed is true. Ekiti is far,that is why it looks like Fayose's antigrazing laws isn't causing fracas.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by osazeeblue01: 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good move....
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by rdokoye: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
We cannot continue to fold our arms while Buharis commissioned gang of Fulani killers continue to shed innocent blood across the length and breadth of this country .

Buhari is Fulani, so he's not too keen on killing his own people; he's defended his people on many occasions, even when they were blatantly in the wrong, so there's no surprise here. Unless you actually believed his campaign speech about being for everyone - you'd have to be really gullible to believe a man can live his whole live as a bigot, then simply change overnight.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Chiedu4Trump: 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
This man has openly accused Buhari of genocide of his benue people.

In this video he said openly that the govt is involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WATeRHmaiSM

9ja is boiling

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by toluxa1(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
It is only Nigerians that can help this situation by collecting their PVC and using it wisely to eject Buhari come 2019.

https://www.nairaland.com/4349644/like-new-iphone-6s-64gb

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Mogidi: 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
I'm hoping on the UN to do something. Buhari and Burutai have got to be indicted for crimes against humanity.
Army treatment of Shiites, IPOB and collusion with herdsmen are well documented.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ZombieBuster: 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
It's high time the world knew that Buhari is a terrorist

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by tivta(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
sai baba bubu mumu fufu...

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Webman007: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
hmmmmm
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Troublemaker007(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
This Ortom of a Woman-man is just too weak for my likings, he should vacate that seat immediately and give it to someone more ruthless and brutal, someone who has guts to wipe out those herdsmen from Benue Soil before it is too late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by simplemach(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
What will the police call him this time around
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by 1shortblackboy: 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
state police is the answer

5 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by beegameh(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
na wa o
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Truckpusher(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
iambijo:
Like you're pretending not to be aware that these guys are always being shielded by our security agents across this country ?

If slap this your hypocrisy now , dem go say truck pushers na agberos. grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ortom should be impeached.

He has no idea.of Governance.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
Idiot ortom,he no go better for all those nigeria politicians that are using the lives of people to play politics.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by biggerboyc(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please if anyone is looking for roommate in Lagos I have someone who wants to pair or cheap room
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Dandsome: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
Cry baby governor
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
grin
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ZZ22: 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
iambijo:
Comprehension is a big issue for you. Nigeria is an Islamic shithole and i hope you burn for that since anything Islam make you go nuts.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Oracle16(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nice one. The Governor made a wise move.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Firefire(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Wonderful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Krafty006: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ranching is the simple way out, let's copy the western countries.....https://www.nairaland.com/4348644/need-professional-footwear-designer-footwear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shut Your Mouth, Stop Behaving Like A Cry-baby - Fayose Fires Shots To Ekiti CJ / We Demanded N100 Billion From FG - Miyetti Allah / Secondus Arrives Venue Of PDP Governors’ Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.