Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help (23463 Views)

Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" / Benue Killings: Ortom Speaks On Reporting Suswam To DSS / Fulani Herdsmen: Presidency Has Abandoned Us - Benue Governor, Ortom Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by brojoshua: 12:14am On Feb 16, 2018
It's the many sins and wickedness of Nigerians that are crushing them or us. God Himself is punishing us Nigerians for our many sins and wickedness of corruption, injustice, unrighteousness, lack of mercy, greediness, selfishness, myopia and so on and the curse of God and punishment are upon Nigeria and the destruction will continue to increase more and more unless we repent from our wickedness in Nigeria.
United Nation can't help itself talk less of helping us. God is fighting and punishing us a little for many of our sins and wickedness, and you are calling UN to come and help you. If anyone comes to help you God will also destroy the person or body along with you. Unless we repent from our sins and wickedness, God will continue to destroy this country and its people more and more. He who has hear to hear, let him hear.
You didn't call UN when you were looting all the money of the people, when you didn't do justice against looters and so on, but when punishment of God is gradually falling upon us, you are calling UN to come and help.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:27am On Feb 16, 2018
if the federal government was willing to put so much effort,sincerity and willingness to make it a reality by meeting and asking state government for land,then I don't see why they won't implement it..i don't think after getting the land,they will tell the state government "April fools"..i think Buhari sincerely wanted to implement it,but bcuz of the politics and fair behind it,it didn't work out

the main issue of contention between the farmers and herdsmen,is the transpassing and destroying of farms by fulani herdsmen cows..so if there is a colony or ranch,both will have their boundaries set aside,no transpassing for cow food

some states have shown interested in the project but have not provided land yet,apart from kogi state,the only state to have provided land..so pilot scheme can't be conducted until land and other logistics are sorted out

I think personally the federal government are sincere with their approach bcuz the fulani herdsmen issue is doing more harm than good to Buhari,in terms of decline in his popular and effect on his reelection bid,so he really has nothing to gain from the mayhem..remember he also went to the extend to ask for the state government to proffer/advice for a solution and no answer until now

I think he won't be doing all this if he didnt care..but our issue in nigeria is lack of trust,tribalism and politicizing everything good or bad

mank1234:
Do you really think Nigerian government has the capacity and will to implement cattle colony (in their term) considering how woeful government has been in infrastructure development?

Do you think government can provide security in the ranch when army barracks have been attacked many times?
What will happen to host communities when cattle are rustle? Won't they avenge their anger on the host communities?

Who will maintain the ranch?

If government is really serious why haven't they started a pilot scheme in the states that have signified interest? I feel FG is just insincere and are buying up time in readiness for blaming state governments for lack of support.

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:37am On Feb 16, 2018
those in the bushes are the ones trained with sophisticated weapons to protect the fulani herdsmen and cows in case of any attack..they are the ones that are prepared with proper logistics to attack a community that mistreated the fulani while rearing their cows

with a colony or ranch,every fulani will be restricted to his colony or ranch,in return,no misunderstanding and problem with farmers since there will be no destroying of farms for cow's food,which means no confrontation again between both parties
mank1234:
So with ranching those ones deep in the Bush carrying guns would drop the guns and move into the ranches and suddenly stop killing? Can you explain further?

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Annie939(f): 2:34am On Feb 16, 2018
good move .
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by zedman1(m): 6:22am On Feb 16, 2018
shallysgirl:
I just thank God that Ortom stood by his people.
I pray he survives this cause his life is at stake.
This is the first time in the history of Nigeria that a governor will be on the side of the people even in the face of present danger and political relegation.
You guys obviously do not know Ortom. How that guy suddenly made u guys believe he's a hero still baffles me. Perhaps it's our hatred for buhari that has made you guys blind? You guys just don't know him, you don't know about Benue state, you don't know what he's up to. It's sad. Politics is such a bi*ch.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Chetimah(m): 7:52am On Feb 16, 2018
Ok so UN will send in troopsor you just he needs more money for him to embezzled...i hope all the money the GOVERNOR donates go to the victims family's
Oracle16:

Don't worry when you grow up you will understand why he went to the UN for help.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by mank1234(m): 8:00am On Feb 16, 2018
ItsTutsi:
those in the bushes are the ones trained with sophisticated weapons to protect the fulani herdsmen and cows in case of any attack..they are the ones that are prepared with proper logistics to attack a community that mistreated the fulani while rearing their cows

with a colony or ranch,every fulani will be restricted to his colony or ranch,in return,no misunderstanding and problem with farmers since there will be no destroying of farms for cow's food,which means no confrontation again between both parties

But some of killings is due to rustling within host community and not disagreement with farmers. Do you think they won't be rustling within the colony?

I mentioned starting pilot schemes in states that have accepted. If those ones are successful, other states would join. That's how federal government always do. They did that with NPower and school feeding program. You may be close to government and if you're please propose pilot scheme in the 11 states they claimed have accepted. Lets see how it goes.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by mank1234(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2018
ItsTutsi:
if the federal government was willing to put so much effort,sincerity and willingness to make it a reality by meeting and asking state government for land,then I don't see why they won't implement it..i don't think after getting the land,they will tell the state government "April fools"..i think Buhari sincerely wanted to implement it,but bcuz of the politics and fair behind it,it didn't work out

the main issue of contention between the farmers and herdsmen,is the transpassing and destroying of farms by fulani herdsmen cows..so if there is a colony or ranch,both will have their boundaries set aside,no transpassing for cow food

some states have shown interested in the project but have not provided land yet,apart from kogi state,the only state to have provided land..so pilot scheme can't be conducted until land and other logistics are sorted out

I think personally the federal government are sincere with their approach bcuz the fulani herdsmen issue is doing more harm than good to Buhari,in terms of decline in his popular and effect on his reelection bid,so he really has nothing to gain from the mayhem..remember he also went to the extend to ask for the state government to proffer/advice for a solution and no answer until now

I think he won't be doing all this if he didnt care..but our issue in nigeria is lack of trust,tribalism and politicizing everything good or bad

Ok. You're a wise man.
You did say earlier that the problem started in 1999, how we're they doing it before that they was no disagreement?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by mank1234(m): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2018
ItsTutsi:

do you think the killings in Benue is caused by the law or failure of the law enforcement agencies?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by mank1234(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2018
ItsTutsi:

with a colony or ranch,every fulani will be restricted to his colony or ranch,in return,no misungderstanding and problem with farmers since there will be no destroying of farms for cow's food,which means no confrontation again between both parties

Are these bushes in another country? Why haven't law enforcement agencies disarm or engage this guys rather than blaming a state government? Don't you think that they are covertly encouraging the fulani Bush dwelling militia by their utterances?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by collinsfhk(m): 9:13am On Feb 16, 2018
Troublemaker007:
This Ortom of a Woman-man is just too weak for my likings, he should vacate that seat immediately and give it to someone more ruthless and brutal, someone who has guts to wipe out those herdsmen from Benue Soil before it is too late.

You can't be serious. I guess you don't know what is happening up thre. Federal might is being used against him for standing his ground against oppression of his pple. He has taken the right step.

Like someone said earlier, you only see the army when you want to repel the so called herdsmen. But every right thinking Erwin knows those are not herdsmen.

Nigerians wake up!
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Oracle16(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2018
Chetimah:
Ok so UN will send in troopsor you just he needs more money for him to embezzled...i hope all the money the GOVERNOR donates go to the victims family's

Just keep calm and learn, you will gain knowledge.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Chetimah(m): 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
From someone like you??
Oracle16:

Just keep calm and learn, you will gain knowledge.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
it's definitely the failure of the law enforcement agency bcuz there is no law in place to check mate the fulani cows transpassing into farms..thats y Buhari wanted to come up with the colony and ranch to solve the issue
mank1234:

do you think the killings in Benue is caused by the law or failure of the law enforcement agencies?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
the military officer don't have the knowledge and the logistics of the surrounding areas of the bush compared to the fulani,these fulanis have been living in bushes for centuries,you don't expect an outsider to know better than u..this is not just a specific area but the whole Nigeria

it's not as easy as ABC,it's just like playing hide and seek in ur house with a stranger,definitely ull have the advantage for a certain period of time...thats just a house,then compare it to a whole bush as big some states

mank1234:

Are these bushes in another country? Why haven't law enforcement agencies disarm or engage this guys rather than blaming a state government? Don't you think that they are covertly encouraging the fulani Bush dwelling militia by their utterances?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/03/why-fulani-herdsmen-farmers-fight-how-climate-change-boko-haram-crisis-created-crisis-and
mank1234:

Ok. You're a wise man.
You did say earlier that the problem started in 1999, how we're they doing it before that they was no disagreement?

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
one of the reason they take law into their hands it's bcuz of the failure of the law enforcement agency to apprehend cattle rustlers,even tho killing it's not justified bcuz two wrongs don't make it right,but we should also condemn rustlers in totality and not try to justify an atrocity over the other,they are both crimes committed

if there was no cattle rustling,will there be any killings in retaliation? so the cattle rustlers should be apprehended and cautioned to prevent any vendetta..u dont expect the fulani to fold their arms while their cattles are being stolen while waiting for law agency,it's not logical and rational at all..

people are being sentimental with the truth,bcuz they usualy try justify to one crime over the other,a sane person will try to solve the root/fundation of the problem to avoid escalation into killings

the only state to have provided land so far is.kogi state,even tho some other state have shown interest ,but if u think pilot scheme happens to be successful in any of the stat shown interest other states will follow suite,then u are highly mistaken

let's not lie to ourselves,people didn't bother to analyse and study the likely benefit and solution it will bring to the community..rather everyone played the tribal,religious and ethnic card..the whole thing has been politicised and I don't see any likelihood of implementation
mank1234:

But some of killings is due to rustling within host community and not disagreement with farmers. Do you think they won't be rustling within the colony?

I mentioned starting pilot schemes in states that have accepted. If those ones are successful, other states would join. That's how federal government always do. They did that with NPower and school feeding program. You may be close to government and if you're please propose pilot scheme in the 11 states they claimed have accepted. Lets see how it goes.
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by mank1234(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
Is it the community attacked that rustle the cattle or criminals? If you're justifying retaliation to a peaceful community because of rustling by criminals how come you are also defending labelling of herdsmen as killers when in actual sense they send the bush fulani to kill?

ItsTutsi:
one of the reason they take law into their hands it's bcuz of the failure of the law enforcement agency to apprehend cattle rustlers,even tho killing it's not justified bcuz two wrongs don't make it right,but we should also condemn rustlers in totality and not try to justify an atrocity over the other,they are both crimes committed

if there was no cattle rustling,will there be any killings in retaliation? so the cattle rustlers should be apprehended and cautioned to prevent any vendetta..u dont expect the fulani to fold their arms while their cattles are being stolen while waiting for law agency,it's not logical and rational at all..

people are being sentimental with the truth,bcuz they usualy try justify to one crime over the other,a sane person will try to solve the root/fundation of the problem to avoid escalation into killings

the only state to have provided land so far is.kogi state,even tho some other state have shown interest ,but if u think pilot scheme happens to be successful in any of the stat shown interest other states will follow suite,then u are highly mistaken

let's not lie to ourselves,people didn't bother to analyse and study the likely benefit and solution it will bring to the community..rather everyone played the tribal,religious and ethnic card..the whole thing has been politicised and I don't see any likelihood of implementation
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by AllHailBiafra(m): 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
prospero5:
it baffles me why buhari is taking this fulani issue lightly. is it until it degenerates to war?
Why should it baffle you? Are you being pretentious or ignominious that Buhari is sourly behind Fulani terrorism? So why would any sane mind with all the notion to the situation in the country be expecting Buhari to do what exactly about the invention he entrenched that gives him pleasure and credit too?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by AllHailBiafra(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
iambijo:
does military descend on fayose ? And why refering to islam as shithole here, i'am muslim and fulani and am being fair with what i wrote, you are just dumb for not balancing ur comment fairly.
Aboki leave sentimental defence and face the fact. Nigeria is an Islamic shithole and a Zoo, stop forming diplomatic, all of you are terrorists. I challenge you to condemn the activities of your colleague brothers in strong words and terms, until then, I remain correct in my assertions. By the way who taught you how to read and write and even use of internet access? Animal from the zoo?
Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by ItsTutsi(m): 11:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
ofcuz it's the criminal elements within the community that does the attack not the community in whole,i didn't generalize,just like how not all the fulani herdsmen are doing the killings but just the criminals elements

in no way did I justify killings in retaliation by the fulani,but we don't expect them to fold their arms and act like nothing is happening..we should also condemn the cattle rustlers and not turn a blind eye as if they are not doing anything wrong
mank1234:
Is it the community attacked that rustle the cattle or criminals? If you're justifying retaliation to a peaceful community because of rustling by criminals how come you are also defending labelling of herdsmen as killers when in actual sense they send the bush fulani to kill?

Re: Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 18, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Then how do you explain the recent killing in Benue and other places around the south?
Name one "Fulani herdsman" that has been arrested and prosecuted? So how do you know he is a foreigner? And isn't that even all the more stupid? Imagine having a president that governs a country where foreigners can come in and kill his citizens and he doesn't care. Then such must be a dumbass of a person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’ll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge Because Of My Wife, Says Atiku / Oshiomhole Visits Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu (photos) / Unknown Gunmen Relocate To Anambra Forests, Partner Niger Delta Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.