Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

African Charity Scholarship - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / African Charity Scholarship (24234 Views)

Chiwetalu Charity, Physically-Challenged ESUT Female Student Narrates Ordeal / Eugene Ohu Wins N90m Grant By Templeton World Charity - Virtual Reality Project / Success Adegor Rocks Her New School Bag From A Charity Organization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 3:31pm On May 15, 2018
I seriously wonder why african charity will pay $1,500 equivalent to #540000 (ie at #360 per dollar ) if they cannot deduct from that money to send our card ...?
My verdict ?,
My application stops here. If it's genuine then it would be out by next year. And by then we should have enough persons on Nairaland to actually testify of its legit or not.
I gotto give it to those guys though, This scheme was almost perfectly executed, almost...
Re: African Charity Scholarship by chimzyblack(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2018
Chamberlane:
D scholarship is real I was privileged to meet an african charity scholar yesterday and to my surprise it was sm1 I knew off cos we wrote agbami 2geda in Port Harcourt and he got both d agbami and d African charity scholarship , so next time don't b quick to.judge on what you don't know
Do you mind asking that friend if yours if he was asked to pay shipping fee for the master card when he got his own scholarship.

1 Like

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Xsem(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2018
chimzyblack:
Do you mind asking that friend if yours if he was asked to pay shipping fee for the master card when he got his own scholarship.
What if he is an agent?
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Xsem(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2018
chimzyblack:

You also is a suspect in this.
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 4:51pm On May 15, 2018
chimzyblack:

what if the person you are speaking to is part of the deal, and the person he was privileged to meet is non-existent ?,
what if the person you are speaking to is sincere but his said "friend" is a scam ?,
too many questions
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Xsem(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2018
chimzyblack:
I got the message too and I have already proceeded to apply for the master card and made payment too. It is #1550 for shipping of the card to Nigeria.
In case you want to apply for yours, make sure you know your postal code, it is very important because the card is going to be shipped from overseas.

#1550 cannot kill you.
They seem very genuine though.
cry,by and by, you are a suspect.
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 15, 2018
Xsem:

cry,by and by, you are a suspect.

Smiles. Yap
Re: African Charity Scholarship by kayusdguy(m): 6:06pm On May 15, 2018
I don't even knoe guys. Should i go ahead and pay the #1500?
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Prelatejames: 6:09pm On May 15, 2018
The Africharity Scholarship just sent me a message to apply for my master card but they are asking me to pay #1550, Please is the scholarship real or fake. I need urgent reply b4 the closure of the application. Thanks
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 15, 2018
Prelatejames:
The Africharity Scholarship just sent me a message to apply for my master card but they are asking me to pay #1550, Please is the scholarship real or fake. I need urgent reply b4 the closure of the application. Thanks

No real scholarship will ask you to pay any dime.

1 Like

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Philip2013: 8:59pm On May 15, 2018
Hmm it seems there's no genuine answer concerning this scholarship, but my question is if they can pay 1500 dollars to students then what's the problem in paying this shipping fee
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Davechuks360(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2018
Scammers!!!!!

I knew this was a scam from the beginning..
I didn't tick up to 3 answers in the quiz, how come I passed??
And now I'm expected to pay #1550 to receive over #150,000.. Why can't they just remove it and give me my change??

Lemme come and be going
Some people will still fall for this scam in this Buhari Government cheesy cheesy
Re: African Charity Scholarship by shillary91(f): 9:31pm On May 15, 2018
Its Very Very Much for Real so all Because of 1550 it suddenly became scam? Nigerians sha!!!

For those who cares to know, the scholarship is for real and Legit just continue with the MasterCard Application and see what happen.

1500 wont kill us.
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Nabeeltnabs(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2018
Pls
I dnt receive any message BT
I can apply for the card
Wat next nw
CU's am confused
Re: African Charity Scholarship by kayusdguy(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2018
Davechuks360:
Scammers!!!!!

And now I'm expected to pay #1550 to receive over #150,000.. Why can't they just remove it and give me my change??

Lemme come and be going
Some people will still fall for this scam in this Buhari Government cheesy cheesy

I feel you o brother
Re: African Charity Scholarship by kayusdguy(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2018
Prelatejames:
When is the application closing?
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 10:26pm On May 15, 2018
Davechuks360:
Scammers!!!!!

Lemme come and be going

People go hear ?...
I ran Google search on the said "board of directors", lo and behold, the images I got and the names tagged to those images were quite funny...
Very very very different
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 10:52pm On May 15, 2018
Check these out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 10:56pm On May 15, 2018
This ones muzz me...

1 Like

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 11:00pm On May 15, 2018
Finally...

1 Like

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Alphafrank: 11:04pm On May 15, 2018
If the said board of directors cannot be trusted, why should we trust the damn scheme ?....
Those saying it's just #1,500...
Bring your calculator and multiply that by 15,000 ( I'm certain students that applied and that got it are much more).
You still wanna donate to those guys, by all means go on ahead.
If it's legit there would be another chance next year, why not wait till then ?
# my two cents

1 Like

Re: African Charity Scholarship by Xsem(m): 2:52am On May 16, 2018
shillary91:
Its Very Very Much for Real so all Because of 1550 it suddenly became scam? Nigerians sha!!!

For those who cares to know, the scholarship is for real and Legit just continue with the MasterCard Application and see what happen.

1500 wont kill us.

Scammer!scammer!
You are among the brains behind this fraudulent scheme.Idiotic fellow like you.
Nigerian shaa, because they chose to be circumspect and prude with their money.
Re: African Charity Scholarship by bomzy19: 3:32am On May 16, 2018
I STILL DONT KNOW Y DEY WERE ASKED TO PAY 1550 FOR THE MASTER CARD....BICYCLE ALLOWANSCE I GUESS grin grin grin cool[color=#770077][/color]FUNNY LIFE..YET TO KNOW IF ITS FAKE[/size][size=8pt][b][/b] OR REAL..

Re: African Charity Scholarship by joan1678(m): 8:32am On May 16, 2018
shillary91:

1500 wont kill us.
Hello dear, please send the #1,550 to my account instead. let me use it to sub.
thanks
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Drazopeto: 8:50am On May 16, 2018
This is actually a scam.

Re: African Charity Scholarship by yinkarh187(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2018
Pls i need advice I've mistakenly entered my Security with bank number but dey told me to enter pin that's wen i realized it's a scam. Pls is my money safe
Re: African Charity Scholarship by andoSwift(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2018
African Charity scholarship is a scam, don't be a victim.
My deductions:
1. If they said the scholarship is for Ghanaians and Nigerians why do they have to mention only JAMB UTME, what of Ghanian university entry-level exams.
2. Why on earth would someone that is trying to help you also demand value from you?

Wise up!
#AfricanCharityScholarshipIsScam
Re: African Charity Scholarship by kayusdguy(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2018
African Charity bleeped up, i no know say na scam o, and i had already planned for the scorlarship money, well na nigeria we dey
Re: African Charity Scholarship by whizyrel: 2:15pm On May 16, 2018
calm down everyone, i had faith in this african charity thingie but according to my research using, i am nuh saying it is fake buh it seem like fake for the following reason: (i am nuh attaching any image proof, if you do not believe take the same set of steps and publish your result)
* using google image search which i believe uses google's image recognition AI tech (it's unreasonable for google not to implement it in that service). try suing your on picture either one you've used on social media before or anyone youve never used, search it and see if you'll find yourself. y finding is the names of the real persons in the real pictures doesnt match the names provided by the website (i smell scam). i have more confidence in google's software than in the website.

/* good purpose only
@rosaltmann
@ROkuthe
@DavidDavisMP
*/

*anybody wondered why we didnt get any notification by mail but instead by bulk sms using africharity as sender name?

*the images on the homepage are random images from other websites and scholarships.

* try their <a>/<i> icons in the footer of the website, youd observe they are empty and goes no where.
* their are too many bugs on that platform which which makes me believe a standard organisation would have that be.

finally, the real ones i gleaned and could contact on twitter, i twitted them and urged that they confirm their connection to the charity scheme (i hope they do because most of them are big them business and politics giants). i feel if this opportunity is real, there should e record residue somewhere online everything is just clean!!!

you guys are welcome to do your own research but if you still wanna try it out please do and contact us about the result. thanks
Re: African Charity Scholarship by whizyrel: 2:16pm On May 16, 2018
kayusdguy:
African Charity bleeped up, i no know say na scam o, and i had already planned for the scorlarship money, well na nigeria we dey

me too
Re: African Charity Scholarship by chenbravo(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2018
shillary91:

1500 wont kill us.
shut up you idio.t , you join NL. February this year just to come defend your scam..
the domain name will expire by august, how does that sounds to you??
the so called board of directors doesn't exit! think about that.
Lastly but the funniest, a friend couldn't write the stupi.d quiz, and yet still got a message to proceed for MasterCard payment...
what is surprising is d fact dat dis broke guys are using paystack to collect money..
ladies and gents, kindly forget about this scam, look for real scholarship !!
#Peace
Re: African Charity Scholarship by Electroviruz(m): 5:04pm On May 16, 2018
With all the comments above me, it's very sure the fucking scholarship is a scam. I am very sure. Why will they contact us via SMS. No Mail verification, anyways na Naija we dey. If not a Multi-National companies scholarship, I won't even try to apply.. Those guys don know say, na scholarship go freak youths.. Those that already pay, thats your loss, those guy will pay for the domain sha. Africancharity, I fall for it the very first minute I saw the site. everything look so real.. guys, more better scholarship are coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nekede First Admission List 2011/2012 Out / Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo / JAMB Arrests 149 Candidates For UTME Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.