Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone (23876 Views)

4 Mistakes You Should Avoid While Charging Your Phone / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Long Lasting Battery? Things To Avoid While Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Ennyholar: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
Avoid the Rush

Yes! you have to avoid the rush since you might buy something that you will regret later. You need to take time and go for the kind of smart phone you really want.

Avoid competition

There shouldn’t be any competition when buying a smart phone. The kind of smart phones others are using shouldn’t lead you to buying yours. You don’t need to compete, its not necessary. Just buy what your money can afford.

Avoid buying used smart phone

Most people buy used smart phone or what we call second hand and get a lot of problems later. In other to avoid this, you need to buy a smart phone which is new and can last longer. Especially the life span of the battery.

Avoid buying smart phone on the street

Buying any item on the street is not right and buying smart phone on the street is not an exception. Most of these people selling smart phones on the street are fraudsters and they can sell a bad smart phone to you. So please advise your self and do the right thing.

Source: http://juxdaily.com/6-things-avoid-buying-smart-phone/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

4 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nice one OP
It's always not advisable to buy a phone from the street...we have heard several stories.
Is that not Camon CM in your post?
Cc dragnet lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Hakimrealest: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
18:9 Display
What model of phone is that? @ OP
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by juwonloo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
am using my first new Android smartphone in my life now, I have been going for London used and street before with problem later, but now story have changed, brand new phone am using now , order from jumia

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by sandrahnaub(f): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Exactly... Me I cannot buy 2nd hand fine ooo
Lai angry lai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by AishaBuhari: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
Be deceiving yourself... Naija can't do without okrika(used) stuffs, its in their DNA already

In Nigeria We Have;
Okrika(used cloths)
Okrika shoes
Second hand cars
London used gadgets(phones and Co)

Infact our lives is surrounded with substandards and used stuffs

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Fifthwave(f): 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:
am using my first new Android smartphone in my life now, I have been going for London used and street before with problem later, but now story have changed, brand new phone am using now , order from jumia

I'm happy for you!
What a testimony grin

17 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Dygeasy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
They still won't listen.

1 Like

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by omotola90(m): 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
that's a good one there.Buying new phones is always the best.you get to enjoy it's life span
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Krafty006: 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by MisterSols(m): 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
Basic tips
We all know these things Op
But we ain't wired like that

3 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by pincold25(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Someone should please explain to me how to quote a post on Nairaland.com
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by juwonloo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
glory land
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by olanreyman(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
Make una no mind this Op biko, not all second hand phone is actually bad... Who will buy my Samsung Note 4 jare?

2 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Spar7tan(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
True talk.
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Oxster(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
First thing to avoid.........

I don't even no Y I commentd grin
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by cnnamoko(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
Most importantly, Consider buying one not Smarter than You!

4 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by xilixr: 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Josephjnr(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good one.
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Wisedove(m): 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
I agree with you on this @op, i decided to have extra phone so I saw this very beautiful looking tokunbo phone to my surprise it's having 3gb Ram & 32gb internal memory, with this features I don't even think twice before buying it hoping it will be even more faster than my phone but it's a pity that even Nairaland homepage the phone can't load. cry Snail is faster than the shit

3 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by nextstep(m): 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
#5 - avoid Computer Village. The packaging of soap and yam as phone is just too rampant. angry

6 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by GrandMufti: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by talk2ekpa(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Tunks2017(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
Great tips wink
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:

its well!

1 Like

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by AishaBuhari: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
juwonloo:
Well done. Secondhanded phones dealt with me in the past so you're not alone

2 Likes

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Montaque(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
olanreyman:
Make una no mind this Op biko, not all second hand phone is actually bad... Who will buy my Samsung Note 4 jare?
Am interested. Let's talk
Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by henrixx(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
so op....for instance I bought a phone one month ago and I need some cash and I decide to sell does that put the buyer in any risk? or I use a phone for a year in perfect condition and decide to feel something new or upgrade. even if you buy new phone a time will come when you have to sell.

there are many used phones that are in perfect condition... also there are many new phones that come with defect. people don' buy used phones flexx am for years. while there are people who have bought new phones that packed up in months.

bottom line is follow your heart and respect your pocket. and Most of all be careful and pray for luck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by fecta: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
You forgot the most important thing ..
NEVER BUY GLO SIMCARD

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Suko110(m): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
AishaBuhari:
Be deceiving yourself... Naija can't do without okrika(used) stuffs, its in their DNA already

In Nigeria We Have;
Okrika(used cloths)
Okrika shoes
Second hand cars
London used gadgets(phones and Co)

Infact our lives is surrounded with substandards and used stuffs
Thank u, talk am as e be, Nigerians and london used are like 5&6 inseparable

1 Like

Re: Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone by Willexmania(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
Op, What's The Name Of That Phone In Your Post?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Live TV Channels On Your Mobile Phone, With Streaming Quality Options / Gloeverydaybonanza: Pictures Showing Olamide With The First Car Winner / 9mobile Free Youtube Streaming Looks Scammy, Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.