Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures (43921 Views)

Enugu Greenery: The Most Serene City In Nigeria / Moist Beach - A New Paradise In The Heart Of Lagos / Lakowe Lakes - A Beautiful Paradise In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Godwin978(m): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2018
Puzzypleazer:

Did I say theY are there? Go to Lagos and all other places and see which people dominate the okada and houseboy jobs.
Go get the statistics and quote me again
you will die of hating ALMIGHTY akwa Ibom State
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by mccoy47(m): 11:45am On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

[s]Akwa ibom is where Nigeria derives majority of its oil riches, If states were allowed to control resources in its terrain Akwa ibom will have no issue whatsoever with poverty,
God has blessed us, but Man and Federal mago mago is robbing us of our Gods given blessings. there will be joy in the morning some day![/s]
Rubbish!
Akpabio collected #25 billion monthly in his 8 yr tenure. Dats over 2 trillion in allocation with a population of less than 5 million!
Ask yourself if Akwa ibom total govt projects is worth #500billion!
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Nackzy: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2018
Seren with no
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by hucienda: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
Serene. Peaceful. Clean.

Lush green.

Indeed, Uyo Ayaya.

God bless Akwa Ibom State, her people and her friends.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by bigmee: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
One of the worst, if not the ONLY worst State when it has to do with flooding and gully erosion, landslide and ravines cut by running water usually after a heavy downpour.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Kuffree: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
Uyo is serene but it is not as beautiful as people claimed. Akpabio did a good job moulding the city to what we see today, the roads, stadium, airport and tropicana.
The greatest disappointment of the city are the indigenous people who lack industry and entrepreneurial spirit.
The highest aspirations of Akwa ibom youth is to get a job and sleep with as many girl as people.
Their elders are so insecure that they would rather die than help a young man advance forward, for this reason Mobil in eket is completely ruled by the Yoruba who can go to great troubles to help his fellow Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by UfuomaUN(m): 12:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordAdam16:

No compare SS to Hausas abeg.

Hausas were trading with the Arabs even before the Igbos saw cloth. Dantata was the richest man in Africa before oil was discovered.

The SS is lazy and I'm from the SS. Go to Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Igbos run everywhere except politics. PH would have been the same if not for the Igboid groups there.

With the amount of money that has been shared from politics, enterprising people would have transformed the SS. You know how much boys n chairmen they pick, wen them go come later blow. If e too much na hotel, bar, restaurant, provision store them go open. Na so development 1 come? The Igbos only come to sell things to us, and carry the money to go build houses in their villages. It's a vicious cycle.

-Lord

Well, speak for yourself! I'm from an oil producing community with but I've never seen oil money before and I'm doing fine without it. And I know many of my guys doing well without going to the village to hussle for oil money! So it's still wrong to generalise cos people like me wey no even dey smell the oil money must vex

2 Likes

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by LordAdam16: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
UfuomaUN:

Well, speak for yourself! I'm from an oil producing community with but I've never seen oil money before and I'm doing fine without it. And I know many of my guys doing well without going to the village to hussle for oil money! So it's still wrong to generalise cos people like me wey no even dey smell the oil money must vex

Tales by moonlight.

The bottom line is that those who are eating the money are not using it for anything productive. Those who are not eating are not trying to hold those who are eating accountable. And everybody is just sitting back waiting for who would make the first move. You're doing well without oil money (good for your), there are those doing well with oil money (good for them), the situation is still the same.

I have no idea why you're taking it personal. SS is lazy means the majority of SS natives are lazy, and not physically (we can fight and do farm work very well), but economically. The average SS person is not enterprising. It's a fact. You get a few odds ones out like Ibru, but that's not representative of the entire population. If we had 15 Ibrus per state, the SS would look far different.

We can dip our heads in the sand, claiming it's all them and never us; nothing will change. As much as we should keep calling for total resource control and fiscal restructuring, we must also call for more effective use of whatever we're getting. The two should go hand in hand.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Afriifa(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

Isnt poverty a National problem/issue? why single out uyo?
don't mind dat hater bro.. they just hate any development news regarding the Niger Delta.. for their mind only lagos fine. as if poor people dey lagos.

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Afriifa(m): 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
nwabobo:

Serene but poverty is still rife in that state. Nothing happening in the economy.

Every rich person in know there is either a politician orc working in the oil company.

mind ur region alone.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by nwabobo: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Afriifa:
mind ur region alone.

Da ado nte iko mmi ubeghe fien?

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
mccoy47:

Rubbish!
Akpabio collected #25 billion monthly in his 8 yr tenure. Dats over 2 trillion in allocation with a population of less than 5 million!
Ask yourself if Akwa ibom total govt projects is worth #500billion!
Nonesense, Nigeria has collected trillions dollars since independence, has total project in the country reflects the trillions of dollars?
Akwaibomstate is a microcosm of Nigeria.
Comparatively I can tell you that Akwa ibom has done better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
Kuffree:
Uyo is serene but it is not as beautiful as people claimed. Akpabio did a good job moulding the city to what we see today, the roads, stadium, airport and tropicana.
The greatest disappointment of the city are the indigenous people who lack industry and entrepreneurial spirit.
The highest aspirations of Akwa ibom youth is to get a job and sleep with as many girl as people.
Their elders are so insecure that they would rather die than help a young man advance forward, for this reason Mobil in eket is completely ruled by the Yoruba who can go to great troubles to help his fellow Yoruba.
Fallacy of hasty generalization. Where are your facts and figures to buttress your point?
Dem say go kill us for niaja.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
Puzzypleazer:
Uyo and Calabar, bunch of lazy wicked assholes that only know how to ride okada

And you are a puzzy pleasing expatriate, going by your moniker, which I think is the shittest profession.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by andyoki: 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
You wan tell us grin na say Uyo nor get gethho areas, show us every tin,
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
lacasera14:
Just fine roads, no malls, few banks, you will drive from port harcourt to calabar passing through Uyo and you'll meet no bank on your way. few industries, few clubs, dry place. Na fine road we go chop or we go boil the green trees chop? they should develops the place mbok.
Driving from Port harcourt to calabar via uyo does not led you into the heart of any city or town in akwa ibom which is evidence of a well planned road network of highways as is done in sane climes.
It was deliberately design that way. Next time get off the good highway commuter roads which you acknowledge and visit the city or towns in Akwa ibom and see the heart of those towns, do not rely on what you can only see from your commuter viewpoint.

For pointers visit budgIT website they have national statistics on every state.that will give you accurate information on things like number of banks per state in the nation.
Akwa ibom has not done badly on that regards. Learn to speak with facts. Preconceived ideas not backed up with facts is the bane of Nigeria.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
bigmee:
One of the worst, if not the ONLY worst State when it has to do with flooding and gully erosion, landslide and ravines cut by running water usually after a heavy downpour.

AKWA ibom has the best drainage system in Nigeria. The only place in west Africa where pipe jacking technology has been deployed for drainages.

Lookup pipe jacking technology on Google I know you have probably never heard of it.

And yes a combination of highest rainfall rate + rapid urbanization,climate change,topography ofor uyo and construction of more road network than most states in the federation has predisposed us to flooding but this is being addressed by our storm water drains and the above technology.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Kuffree: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

Fallacy of hasty generalization. Where are your facts and figures to buttress your point?
Dem say go kill us for niaja.

If you are looking for facts ask your self how many business tycoons in present day Nigeria are of Akwa Ibom extraction?
How many business owners of Akwa Ibom can be raise their hands in the presence of the likes of Tony Elumelu or Adenugu?
Am sure you will have to go back to google to search for them.
Stop celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Afriifa:
mind ur region alone.
Afiriifa it's not about region, wat he said is true poverty is much in Akwa ibom, there government is not trying at all

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by asha80(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Jesse01:
Afiriifa it's not about region, wat he said is true poverty is much in Akwa ibom, there government is not trying at all
what is the government there supposed to do about poverty there when they might actually have more infrastructure than states where supposed rich or entrepreneurial people come from?
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Afriifa(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Jesse01:
poverty is a common disease in every region, even lagos state has people ridden with poverty, why focus on Akwa-Ibom. praise the beauty of the city that's what we talking about today.. when there is a thread for poverty states he could mention Akwa-Ibom.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordAdam16:

No compare SS to Hausas abeg.

Hausas were trading with the Arabs even before the Igbos saw cloth. Dantata was the richest man in Africa before oil was discovered.

The SS is lazy and I'm from the SS. Go to Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Igbos run everywhere except politics. PH would have been the same if not for the Igboid groups there.

With the amount of money that has been shared from politics, enterprising people would have transformed the SS. You know how much boys n chairmen they pick, wen them go come later blow. If e too much na hotel, bar, restaurant, provision store them go open. Na so development 1 come? The Igbos only come to sell things to us, and carry the money to go build houses in their villages. It's a vicious cycle.

-Lord
With the amount of oil money stolen from the niger delta since 1957, how comes enterprising nigerians have not transformed the country?

Provide evidence of laziness and we can have a debate
Stop postulating notions that is not backed by fact.

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by LordAdam16: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

With the amount of oil money stolen from the niger delta since 1957, how comes enterprising nigerians have not transformed the country?

Go to Lag, Ogun, PH, Kano. Places are advancing. We should be leading the pack, not looking for excuses.

-Lord
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordAdam16:

Go to Lag, Ogun, PH, Kano. Places are advancing. We should be leading the pack, not looking for excuses.

-Lord
Uyo and akwa ibom is advancing as we speak. I don't know where you are from, but am great full for where we are in akwa ibom today. Tomorrow will be better.

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Maski87: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
The only problem is that they don't have beautiful girls
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by LordAdam16: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

Uyo and akwa ibom is advancing as we speak. I don't know where you are from, but am great full for where we are in akwa ibom today. Tomorrow will be better.

I don't know if you followed the train of thought from the beginning, but the discussion is about the enterprising nature of SS people, that'd complement whatever infrastructural improvements are made.

Don't jump into a conversation without figuring out the background.

-Lord
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Afriifa:
poverty is a common disease in every region, even lagos state has people ridden with poverty, why focus on Akwa-Ibom. praise the beauty of the city that's what we talking about today.. when there is a thread for poverty states he could mention Akwa-Ibom.
did u just said praised it undecided wat there to praised roads and football stadium?

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
Kuffree:

If you are looking for facts ask your self how many business tycoons in present day Nigeria are of Akwa Ibom extraction?
How many business owners of Akwa Ibom can be raise their hands in the presence of the likes of Tony Elumelu or Adenugu?
Am sure you will have to go back to google to search for them.
Stop celebrating mediocrity.
You mean the Abacha or the obasanjo billionaires?
God will one day bring our own obasanjo that will use public funds to make us billionaires.

You think we don't know how billionaire are made in Nigeria? It's not hard work it's by political patronage, our turn will come.

If states controlled their resources we would be the real billionaire in Nigeria ,God willed it that way but "one Nigeria " has conivied to rob us.

That's why our oil money is used to make others billions.

The yoke shall be broken someday! IJN.

1 Like

Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by mccoy47(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Atouke:

Nonesense, Nigeria has collected trillions dollars since independence, has total project in the country reflects the trillions of dollars?
Akwaibomstate is a microcosm of Nigeria.
Comparatively I can tell you that Akwa ibom has done better.
Yet u blame Nigeria ba?
Why not blame the government of AKS.
By the way, using Nigeria as a yardstick for AKS is wrong, what is the population of AKS compared to dat of Nigeria? undecided
Let's call a spade a spade and shun mediocrity!
AKSG has failed it's ppl when scored by allocation alloted to it!
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by Atouke: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
mccoy47:

Yet u blame Nigeria ba?
Why not blame the government of AKS.
By the way, using Nigeria as a yardstick for AKS is wrong, what is the population of AKS compared to dat of Nigeria? undecided
Let's call a spade a spade and shun mediocrity!
AKSG has failed it's ppl when scored by allocation alloted to it!
That's your opinion, I score the govt. In akwa ibom since 1999 till date very high.
They could have done more but what we have on ground is not bad comparatively.
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by vallyjohn: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
uyo is over hyped av been there roads and d national stadi.um and boom Tropicana aside the real nature of the state is nothing to write home about don't say i didn't warn you
Re: Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures by vallyjohn: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
uyo is over hyped av been there roads and d national stadium and ibom Tropicana aside the real nature of the state is nothing to write home about don't say i didn't warn you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deport Nigerians - South African Twitter Users Call For Mass Deportation / My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) / Lagos-New York Flight Price Throwback: This Was Nigeria. What Do You Think Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.