Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) (40144 Views)

Residents Flee As Army Shuts Military Camp, Withdraws Troops From Niger State / Ibadan People Steal Rice From A Bus (Video, Photos) / Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by tiwiex(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2018
"Why Nigerians cannot obey a simple Law" he said. That is the problem. Buhari assumes to run a country require laws and not economic policies. If you ban rice importation or make the duty high, why would they not smuggle from neighboring countries with lower duties. The countries even encourage you. More imports, more revenue. Your people need cheaper rice etc. Please, this government should get the full time service of seasoned economists and stop all this law law story. Very soon, he will start rationing again. With the love for Niger, maybe our president understands economic policies and is just doing it in favor of our dear neighbors.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by nwabobo: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Here's a picture purportedly showing Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic into the country. Muhammad Murtala Musa, who works as a Customs Licensed clearing and forwarding agent - shared the photo on Facebook.

He wrote;

Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic to Nigeria thereby sabotaging our local initiatives and later blame the government. I wonder why Nigerians cannot obey a simple law.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerians-smuggle-bags-of-rice-from-niger-republic-with-motorcycles.html

The North is the main smuggling route for anything you can think of but the Customs will focus on the South whole turning a blind eye to the North.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Here's a picture purportedly showing Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic into the country. Muhammad Murtala Musa, who works as a Customs Licensed clearing and forwarding agent - shared the photo on Facebook.

He wrote;

Nigerians using motorcycles to smuggle bags of foreign rice from Niger Republic to Nigeria thereby sabotaging our local initiatives and later blame the government. I wonder why Nigerians cannot obey a simple law.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/nigerians-smuggle-bags-of-rice-from-niger-republic-with-motorcycles.html
I would have loved to ask the facebook man how the rice got to Niger Republic cos they do not have sea port.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2018
nwabobo:

The North is the main smuggling route for anything you can think of but the Customs will focus on the South whole turning a blind eye to the North.
Bross I take it you mean the SOuth West! grin grin
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2018
tiwiex:
"Why Nigerians cannot obey a simple Law" he said. That is the problem. Buhari assumes to run a country require laws and not economic policies. If you ban rice importation or make the duty high, why would they not smuggle from neighboring countries with lower duties. The countries even encourage you. More imports, more revenue. Your people need cheaper rice etc. Please, this government should get the full time service of seasoned economists and stop all this law law story. Very soon, he will start rationing again. With the love for Niger, maybe our president understands economic policies and is just doing it in favor of our dear neighbors.
Exqactly, if rice is cheap in 9ja who will buy imported rice? since we now listen and download afrobeats, who still waste time on Rap music and Western RnB like B4 shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 17, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Nigeria borders are so porous you can smuggle a mountain and two big lakes into the country grin
so not true!
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Mpanyi: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Imagine the fvckery.

Smuggling contrabands on a motorcycle.
They aren't even concealed yet Nigerian Customs won't apprehend them simply because they are Northerners.

But from Seme to Idiroko down to Ore and even Agbor, if you like hide half bag of smuggled foreign rice and rebag it in a cement sack and further plant it in a container hidden inside a MACK truck. Customs will catch you.

Which way Nigeria?

Seems since your supposed ban was lifted you have started talking sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2018
Mpanyi:

Seems since your supposed ban was lifted you have started talking sense.
Shut up!!
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Rubbish. north have always being the problem of Nigeria since decades. imagine the idiot
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Smony: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2018
ask your fellow northerners, they are vry good in breaking laws.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Mpanyi: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
Shut up!!
Shut down!
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by rubyjan(f): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2018
pinnket:
Hmmm... Hustle is real..

When there's really no much difference in price between the local and foreign rice, why won't smuggling continue, and why won't people keep going for the foreign brands since its known to have better quality than the local brands..

A lot is wrong with this country.!!
Foriegn rice is no longer better than locally made rice.Foriegn rice is tasteless.
I prefer the Nigerian rice now and I have been eating it for 2 years.
A trial will convince you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by musa7m(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Turantula:
I can't see any Nigerian there, all I can see is Almajiris and motorcycle
how do you know? You see dem face..e fit be flat head. Jews...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2018
femicyrus:
if Nigeria can produce a better quality rice less than N7000 per bag who will think of smuggling
gbam! Rather, it will b the other way round.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by femi4: 10:20am On Feb 17, 2018
PharmaGirl:
What are customs there for?
These people will beat custom security network
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by papoudaupolos: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2018
Turantula:
U prefer to see Eastern pigz
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by wink2015(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2018
It is in the southern part of Nigeria especially SEME Border, Ogun state Border, etc that our customs officer serving there carry the job in their head as if it is their fathers business.

Go to the Northern part of Nigeria especially states that borders the republic of Niger, like Katsina, Sokoto, Yobe and Borno state and see smugglers pass through their borders without any check. Just greeting in the Hausa language and you will be allowed to pass freely.

Nigerian custom put their strength in SEME BORDERS and the Ogun state Border with Benin republic. The custom there harass smugglers bringing in rice, cars etc.

Just the past week a custom officer at the Ogun state end with Benin Republic got the worst injury he could ever get when he was matcheted terribly when trying to stop a smuggler that was attempting to bring in car across a smuggling route.

By the time, Buhari build a refinery in his native Katsina, all NIGERIA PETROLEUM will be smuggle freely to Niger republic and now Buhari want to build a railway to Maradi in Niger republic and that will further facilitate smuggle to neighbouring Niger republic.

GO to Sokoto state to see how Libya weapons is being smuggle to Nigeria. Go to Katsina to see how motor cycle is being smuggled to Nigeria from Niger. republic.

Come to think of it the Nigerian custom do not even have the resources to police the LONG OVER STRETCHED NORTHERN BORTHERS in the North of Nigeria.

HAUSA PEOPLE DO NOT PUT CUSTOM CHECK IN THEIR HEAD, IT IS WE IN THE SOUTH THAT IS LOCKING OUR BORDER AND CARRY CUSTOM CHECK FOR OUR HEAD.

Our southern Big men with their KNOW KNOW!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by fapcrook(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2018
Turantula:
really? Wear your glasses
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Sir2rexninefour(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2018
[/b] undecided
PharmaGirl:
I'm as lost as you're.
Probably to take pictures, upload on Social media, Rant about it, and go to receive tax payers money at the end of the month.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by metroid(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2018
erico2k2:

I would have loved to ask the facebook man how the rice got to Niger Republic cos they do not have sea port.

It's through Cotonou port that Niger merchants import their goods which is cheaper. Let me let you in on a not so common secret wink Most of the cars smuggled from Cotonou through Nigeria land ports all carry import papers of Niger Republic which is way cheaper than Nigeria import hence the smuggling.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2018
metroid:

It's through Cotonou port that Niger merchants import their goods
I know was jst asking.I think they should re open import of rice, while the domestic rice gather strenght still.
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra and smuggling
idiot....grow up
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by mukhcech(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2018
PharmaGirl:

Good question, they are there to prevent this kind of situation. Buh there is a particular number a commodity that can found on u before it is considered as smuggling. Right there, you see the backward intelligence of most Nigerian at play. They acquire warehouse of rice close to Niger-Nigerian Border and rent as many bike riders as possible to carry them across the border.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by metroid(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2018
erico2k2:

I know was jst asking.I think they should re open import of rice, while the domestic rice gather strenght still.

Nigerian govt needs to spend more money on agriculture even if they have to start printing money to subsidize agriculture and storage or else we won't win this war #my 2kobo grin
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by metroid(m): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2018
mukhcech:

Good question, they are there to prevent this kind of situation. Buh there is a particular number a commodity that can found on u before it is considered as smuggling. Right there, you see the backward intelligence of most Nigerian at play. They acquire warehouse of rice close to Niger-Nigerian Border and rent as many bike riders as possible to carry them across the border.

I have seen this also at Idi-roko border they use handicapped people But this northern smugglers mean business grin
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Nigeria borders are so porous you can smuggle a mountain and two big lakes into the country grin
grin cheesy grin

Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by lagosrd: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2018
The customs service are too focus on the southern boarders while the northern boarders are left open
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

ROTFLMAO!!
Re: Nigerians Smuggling Bags Of Rice From Niger Republic With Motorcycles (Photos) by MahatmaGhandi: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2018
The Nigerian union is a burden on the South. A huge burden.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mob Beats Lagos Teacher, Rescues 14-year-old From Rape (Pictured) / Robber Wearing Police Bullet Proof Jacket Arrested In Aba (Photo) / 2 Women Drugged A Shop Owner & Stole From Her Shop. Caught On CCTV (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.