Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) (19988 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Gbemisola Rukayyat Saraki Senatorial Campaign Posters Flood Social Media. Photos / Ekiti 2018: Fayemi's Posters Flood Ekiti Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
Yyeske:
You want a referendum and a Biafra but haven't consulted with Igbos and other groups if they want a referendum or not, you just want to force it on everyone as if they must have no say in the running of their lives and future. IPOB knows best and must speak for everybody, fools.
Coming from someone who hasn't travelled out of his local government area since he was born till date. How will you know if IPOB has made consultation or not if you sit in your toilet and assume.

Or you want them to announce it on air for your soldiers to go and massacre them ?
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Yyeske:
Are you not adding Lagos into the picture too?
I'll try and understand you made this post out of depression, even Spain was depressed when Catalonians did their referendum.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by gidgiddy: 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lajet:
IPOB and their supporters keep on disgracing themselves .They have no single shame.Look at the way they are including other Ethnic group even after their leaders have warned them to remove them from their useless map. What is really wrong with IPOB ?Is't by force for Minority tribe to join them in Biafra .This is the reason that Biafra will never work. Limit Biafra map to only Igbos in South East and South South they will never listen. How can referendum will be conducted on the tribes that have not request for referendum? Please people should stop insulting Ndigbo for IPOB Foolishness rather they should face IPOB.

Your problem is that you are one of the many who has come to believe thsmat Biafra is all about Igbos. If we go back in history, the old Eastern Region that once became Biafra had many ethnic groups such as Ijaw, Ogoni, Ibibio, Ogoja, Efik to mention a few. Of the 11 states that make up the so called SE/SS, 9 of them were in Biafra. Only two (Edo and Delta) were not in Biafra.

The last President of Biafra, Philip Effiong, was not even an Igbo man.

So I dont know where people get the impression that Biafra is an "Igbo Project" when historically, it was never that way.

FIRST REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA
1) General Philip Effiong-Vice President of Biafra (Anang)
2) Mr NU Akpan- Secretary to the Biafran Government( Ibibio)
3) Mr MT Mbu- Biafra foreign affairs minister (Ogoja)
4) Lt Col George Kurubo- Biafra Airforce Chief (Ijaw)

Biafra has never been an Igbo Project, if it were, none of these men would have held the high positions they held in Biafra

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Efewestern: 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
hammer6F:

Yoruba cannot have Itsekiri becos Itsekiri and Ijaw are far more closer than Itsekiri and Yoruba, besides Ijaw land runs into Ondo from the western end of Itsekiri land.

Itsekiri belong firmly in the SS as with Urhobo and Ijaw, none of them are Oduduwa, if we want to tell ourselves the truth.

Itsekiri are related to ijaw than Yoruba ... lol.. dude what kind of weed do you smoke.. grin

I will take my time to educate you about the itsekiri's, maybe you know little about them that was why you lots keep lumping them in your Map.

I will start by saying the itsekiri's are unique people , who are related to Yoruba, Urhobo & Edo.

The itsekiri's migrated to their present location from Yoruba communities, notably Ijebu, Ilaje, ikale, and igala . the itsekiri's came into a virgin land, and occupied the riverine areas, Then a bini prince came and unified them ,that was how the itsekiri nation came into existence , note that the itsekiri language is still a major branch of the yoruboid language, and it also retained some lost yoruba words due to it's isolation in the Niger Delta Region.

The ilaje of Ondo state are kith and kin to the itsekiri's, the ilajes can communicate freely with an itsekiri man with little or no difficulty, same can't be said with ilaje and an Ewori man.

The Ijaw vs itsekiri Relationship
Just like other neighboring communities, The itsekiri and ijaws are only connected through marriages, nothing more.

I can see you so much dislike yoruba, but don't infect everybody with it.

Below are links created by an itsekiri man on this forum, go educate yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/3905997/want-learn-itsekiri-language-get

https://www.nairaland.com/4334378/itsekiri-people-brief-history-part

Read more about the itsekiri people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_language

cc: onuwaje hope I try for this brief history? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
So now you speak on behalf of Anioma ? To all of you on this topic, if you can't speak like grown ups then please keep your mouths shut.
Stop speaking on behalf of others.
I sincerly believe many of you guys here are kids. And whatever you say will have absolutely no consequences on the real world, so pikin carry on with your ignorant talks.
Efewestern:

First of all we are not voting in any referendum, YOU CAN HAVE ANIOMA, you only conduct referendum if both parties are interested in what they are voting for.

Did any itsekiri/Urhobo man tells you he wants Biafra?, Why then you forcing your Biafra referendum on them?

I asked you a question, Yorubas are currently fighting to have the itsekiri's into their fold, so because they share same state with Anioma should they conduct Oduduwa Referendum in anioma land?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
Efewestern:

Itsekiri are related to ijaw than Yoruba ... lol.. dude what kind of weed do you smoke.. grin

I will take my time to educate you about the itsekiri's, maybe you know little about them that was why you lots keep lumping them in your Map.

I will start by saying the itsekiri's are unique people , who are related to Yoruba, Urhobo & Edo.

The itsekiri's migrated to their present location from Yoruba communities, notably Ijebu, Ilaje, ikale, and igala . the itsekiri's came into a virgin land, and occupied the riverine areas, Then a bini prince came and unified them ,that was how the itsekiri nation came into existence , note that the itsekiri language is still a major branch of the yoruboid language, and it also retained some lost yoruba words due to it's isolation in the Niger Delta Region.

The ilaje of Ondo state are kith and kin to the itsekiri's, the ilajes can communicate freely with an itsekiri man with little or no difficulty, same can't be said with ilaje and an Ewori man.

The Ijaw vs itsekiri Relationship
Just like other neighboring communities, The itsekiri and ijaws are only connected through marriages, nothing more.

I can see you so much dislike yoruba, but don't infect everybody with it.

Below are links created by an itsekiri man on this forum, go educate yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/3905997/want-learn-itsekiri-language-get

https://www.nairaland.com/4334378/itsekiri-people-brief-history-part

Read more about the itsekiri people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_language

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_language

U see wen dem tell una to pay attention in School, una go say, i don here, reach there they play.

Wen did I say the bolded?

I am talking geography, go back and read it again. Aside dat, i maintain that Itsekiri are not Yoruba regardless of mixing becos they also mixed with Ijaws and Urhobo(lesser extent).

Secondly, I will appreciate if u cut out all the fictional story and fairy tale of Yoruba claims or Bini claims.

It is called domination, the rest of us are still learning at the hands of the Yoruba on that one.

Thirdly, Economically, SS and SE are inter-dependent on each other and need to work together to attain Economic Efficiency.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
hammer6F:

Thirdly, Economically, SS and SE are inter-dependent on each other and need to work together to attain Economic Efficiency.

How so ? Develop your thought.
Which "interdependence" are you talking about ?
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Efewestern: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
hammer6F:

U see wen dem tell una to pay attention in School, una go say, i don here, reach there they play.

I am talking geography.

Secondly, I will appreciate if u cut out all the fictional story and fairy tale of Yoruba claims or Bini claims.

It is called domination, the rest of us are still learning at the hands of the Yoruba on that one.

You clearly don't want to learn.. am done here, you call the history of the itsekiri people fiction, What nonsense, no respect whatsoever.

Geographically the itsekiri's are also related to Yoruba, We also have itsekiri village in Ondo and also Edo.

Cc: fratermathy

Modified : Itsekiri has no link whatsoever with a man from SE, how can IMO be of economic importance to Itsekiri when we have ondo ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
Efewestern:

You clearly don't want to learn.. am done here, you call the history of the itsekiri people fiction, What nonsense, no respect whatsoever.

Geographically the itsekiri's are also related to Yoruba, We also have itsekiri village in Ondo and also Edo.

Now go back and put my post into context.

U want to remove Itsekiri to Oduduwa, wat do u do with the Ijaws?

Itsekiri belongs in the SouthSouth, they are not Oduduwa, period!
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Itsikeri are absolutely not related to yoruba. Stop this fallacy.
I don't know if you are aware, but the name Efe itself is Edo, my grandfather's name was Efe.
My own name is Efosa which can also be spelled Efe'Osa

Efewestern:

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
Itsikeri are absolutely not related to yoruba. Stop this fallacy.

I tire Oooo! For somebody that comes from Delta State, e tire me.
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
He is either one of those yoruba disguising as Itsikeri or he is just ignorant. he might also be misled due to a political reprochement between the Olu of Itsikeri and awolowo in the colonial era.
hammer6F:

I tire Oooo! For somebody that comes from Delta State, e tire me.
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
He is either one of those yoruba disguising as Itsikeri or he is just ignorant. he might also be misled due to a political reprochement between the Olu of Itsikeri and awolowo in the colonial era.

Yoruba can lay claim to Imo State, they will produce evidence to support their claim.

The people can write fairy tales!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by bonechamberlain(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
uckennety:
Each time i see biafran map and i see isoko,urhobo ,ijaw and ogoni in it

I feel like taking poison
the thing set tire me, itshekiri, ijaw, isoko, urhobo, ogoni, have nothing to do with Igbo's. I don't know why they can't leave this guys out when talking of Biafra. ogoni and ijaw are still a little bit close.
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:

E get one dem wrte finish Oba of Benin and Oni of Ife wan come down from throne exchange blow.

E get another one dem write again Oni of Ife and Oba of Lagos stop greeting.

Them come write the final one, Oni of Ife and Oluwo of Iwo" cannot go to an Occassion without one person security harassing/embarrassing the other. grin

see below. http://punchng.com/ooni-ordered-his-guard-to-push-me-at-public-gathering-oluwo-alleges/

http://aljazirahnews.com/ooni-ife-blasts-oba-ugbo-derogatory-statements-yoruba-ancestral-queen-moremi/

https://www.naija.ng/1102404-oba-akiolu-reportedly-lagos-belong-yorubas.html#1102404

http://dawntodusknews.com/ooni-of-ife-is-oba-of-benins-son-bini-palace-reply-alake-of-egbaland/

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
You know I am Edo, right ?
You need to learn respect.

hammer6F:

E get one dem wrte finish Oba of Benin and Oni of Ife wan come down from throne exchange blow.

E get another one dem write again Oni of Ife and Oba of Lagos stop greeting.

Them come write the final one, Oni of Ife and Oluwo of Iwo" cannot go to an Occassion without one person security harassing/embarrassing the other. grin

see below. http://punchng.com/ooni-ordered-his-guard-to-push-me-at-public-gathering-oluwo-alleges/

http://aljazirahnews.com/ooni-ife-blasts-oba-ugbo-derogatory-statements-yoruba-ancestral-queen-moremi/

https://www.naija.ng/1102404-oba-akiolu-reportedly-lagos-belong-yorubas.html#1102404

http://dawntodusknews.com/ooni-of-ife-is-oba-of-benins-son-bini-palace-reply-alake-of-egbaland/
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
You know I am Edo, right ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
What is funny in what I said ?

Without mutual respect there can be no friendship. You can only be ennemies with those whom you don't respect or who don't respect you.
But I know most Igbo to be verry respectful people.

hammer6F:

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
What is funny in what I said ?

Without mutual respect there can be no friendship. You can only be ennemies with those whom you don't respect or who don't respect you.
But I know most Igbo to be verry respectful people.

AFONJA! grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Your total lack of respect is what has always spelled doom for you.
In case you didn't know, I had a little bit of sympathy for Kanu and his quest for freedom.
But there are always the likes of you who lack basic humanity and who expose their lack of respect and therefor alienate everybody and turn would be friends into ennemies. Well you have done it. I am now a fervent anti-ipob person. Congrats, many other people will follow or have already followed.

hammer6F:

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
Your total lack of respect is what has always spelled doom for you.
In case you didn't know, I had a little bit of sympathy for Kanu and his quest for freedom.
But there are always the likes of you who lack basic humanity and who expose their lack of respect and therefor alienate everybody and turn would be friends into ennemies. Well you have done it. I am now a fervent anti-ipob person. Congrats, many other people will follow or have already followed.

so u be benin... come dey form cry baby? I no know say benin person sabi cry like dis. haba!

Oya come suck breast. cheesy grin grin grin grin

hahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
Are you sure you are igbo ? I do not know igbo to be so deceptive.

hammer6F:

stop adding thing, i did not say all that now!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
Are you sure you are igbo ? I do not know igbo to be so deceptive.

hahahahhahahaha! u don suck breast? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
I don't know if you are aware but the moderators have access to your typing history, meaning that even if you modify your post, they will still be able to see the original post.
You thought you could just type an insult, and then change your post once someone is reporting you ? Think again.

hammer6F:

stop trying to frame me by twisting things. tongue

Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:
I don't know if you are aware but the moderators have access to your typing history, meaning that even if you modify your post, they will still be able to see the original post.

U are not a benin man, benin people are no cry babies.

U are Afonja as i earlier noted.
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by hammer6F: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
GUMY:

So u are admin then, which means Seun?
Re: Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo) by onuwaje(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
hammer6F:

I am talking geography, go back and read it again. Aside dat, i maintain that Itsekiri are not Yoruba regardless of mixing becos they also mixed with Ijaws and Urhobo(lesser extent).

First this post is total nonsense

2nd u have been baptised with hearsay and have not been enlightened with historical journals to get educated

If i may ask

What do u know about the Itsekiris?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cameroonian Special Envoy Visits Buhari (photos) / Atiku Will Jail Looters - PDP / Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.