Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? (3173 Views)

My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Sleeping With A 13-Year-Old Boy In His Parents' House / At What Stage In Life Is It Okay For A Man To Have A Fiancée? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Annibel(f): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
I dunno if it's OK or not... but me, I don't like it. i love privacy

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
tosyne2much:
Yes I read it.. But in that sense, she doesn't have a choice than to swallow her pride and accept her fate knowing that you can't always meet up to your standard in life.. There are situations in life when you will have to compromise your standard
She doesn't seem ready to, and that's the problem here.

By the way, how have you been?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

Normal? How??
Like in India, theyve that deep extended family ish going on for them.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
amokeme:

She doesn't seem ready to, and that's the problem here.

By the way, how have you been?
I've been so fine oooo... It's really been a while sha

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
tosyne2much:
I've been so fine oooo... It's really been a while sha
You went MIA naw cheesy
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Like in India, theyve that deep extended family ish going on for them.

I don't think this would work in this case
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
nedu2000:
If he isn't buoyant enough to cater for something as basic as shelter why bother getting married ? Let him not bring children into this world to suffer oh

Lol... no condition is permanent bro. Change they say is constant
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
amokeme:

Read the initial post well o. The guy doesn't have a problem leaving his parent's house, but the wife to be is not comfortable with the accommodation he can afford. So its safe to say, she is the one hindering him from moving. And then she isn't ready to contribute towards her supposed standards

You're spot on! That's is just!!
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
nedu2000:
If he isn't buoyant enough to cater for something as basic as shelter why bother getting married ? Let him not bring children into this world to suffer oh

no be say the dude no whole at nah... you sef how things be for we country these days nah...
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by nedu2000(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
no be lie sha,300k for 2 bedroom high sha
bobokeshington:

no be say the dude no whole at nah... you sef how things be for we country these days nah...
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Owiii(m): 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:
I have a friend who is getting married soon but still lives with his parents. Although, he stays separately in another apartment but still in that same building. He said he isn't buoyant enough to rent an apartment that suit his Lady's standards.

So is it okay for him to get married in his parents house or he should just find a means to move out?
For this reason, a man shall leave his father's house and be joined to his wife and the two will become one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by babyfaceafrica: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
How is this an issue?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Bbdealer(m): 5:49am On Feb 18, 2018
I would like to know how many of the individuals that commented above me is married and has an actual job (8 to 5)
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by PrincessNazor(f): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by hollah123: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2018
bobokeshington:

That wife isn't willing to live with you in that one room apartment and you really do love her. What Do You Do?
marriage should be about understanding, what is d meaning of For better for worse if she can't stay in a one room apartment with me? what's d meaning of endurance? if a girl should push u to stay in your fathers house because she can't manage in a room apartment, one day she will definitely push u into debt cos think about it, what if u are in a city that your father doesn't have a house,will she tell u to move into d mansion in d village?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by hollah123: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
Why would a man comfortably harbour his wife in his parents house and see nothing wrong in it? Some things don't just seem right even though it's not stated in the law

Even without being married, there was a point I was no longer feeling comfortable staying under the roof of my parents not to talk of bringing a wife into the same house. I will rather leave my father's duplex and live with my wife in a one room apartment
GOD bless u my brother, u took those words from my mouth. I will rather stay single than marry in my father's house. tufia
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2018
hollah123:
GOD bless u my brother, u took those words from my mouth. I will rather stay single than marry in my father's house. tufia
Na so jawe my brother
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2018
hollah123:
marriage should be about understanding, what is d meaning of For better for worse if she can't stay in a one room apartment with me? what's d meaning of endurance? if a girl should push u to stay in your fathers house because she can't manage in a room apartment, one day she will definitely push u into debt cos think about it, what if u are in a city that your father doesn't have a house,will she tell u to move into d mansion in d village?

Bro marriage isn't for better for worse anymore. It's now for richer for best o...
That's is the perception of most ladies nowadays...
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Rather stay single til when you are ready to do it rightly! The whole essence of marriage is companionship, having kids etc apart from that nothing else. However do it the way you can, it's your life, but do it rightly.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Tollzara(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
The state needs to make legislation against people with misplaced priorities deliberately bringing children into this world to come and share in their "suffersticated" poverty.

It's thoughtless and senseless----heartless even.

We need to start pointing the sword's edge at them.

Getting married in your parent's house. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Bbdealer(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
My relatives that are rich a.f. His kids are doing wonderfully well with jobs in oil company and own about 2cars each but all of his kids are staying in their Father's estate. So I don't see it as a biggie. For instance if my father is late, my mom and brothers are abroad so I should leave a massive 5bedroom flat or a duplex and go pay rent outside cuz I don't want to stay in my father's house capital B.S

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Houseboy Leaks Sex Video Of His Madam For Money (photos) / Video Of Slay Queen, Ama Coke Being ‘chopped’ In A Swimming Pool Trends Online / A Short Story Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.