Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter (1021 Views)

Man Batters Pregnant Tenant For Not Vacating Father’s House (pic) / Tenant Assaults Landlady Over Marijuana In Lagos (photo) / Woman Burns Niece With Hot Iron For Having Sex With Landlady’s Son (graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2010
Police arrest tenant for raping landlady’s 11-year-old daughter
By Evelyn Usman
Thursday, April 22, 2010
It was obvious that 29-year-old Ademola Arogboto was oblivious of the offence of rape for which he was arrested, judging by the air of pride with which he carried himself, when paraded before newsmen at the Oduwuwa, Ikeja, office of the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer,last Thursday.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/22/vanguard/images/Crimerapist[1].jpg[/img]
Suspect: Ademola Arogboto

advertisement

Ade, as he is popularly called by his friends, moved into number 3 Akindele street, on Monday, as a tenant. But like the biblical saying that the sin of one will find one out, Ade’s ‘sin’ brought him to public glare, as he was caught pants down with his landlady’s eleven year-old daughter (names withheld) three days later.

The primary six pupil, whose mother is a food vendor, reportedly took a bowl of rice to Ademola inside his one-room apartment, a conduct that was not unusual. But apprehension set in moments later, following the girl’s absence and during a search conducted round, her inquisitive mother was said to have sent one of her attendants to inquire from Ademola if he sent the girl on an errand, only for the unanticipated to happen.

In this interview with Ademola, an Ekiti state born who claimed to have come from one of the royal families in Ekiti, stated plainly that he did what he did with the girl’s consent. His response took everyone by surprise as he spoke as if what happened was a normal thing.

Said he, “ I was arrested at about 12.30 pm on Wednesday by policemen from Iju. Actually , it was the girl that made me do it. No, no, I did not do anything.” Apparently on a second thought, he stated, “ yes I did but did not dig deep.

“What actually happened was that on that day she came, she behaved like a matured girl that understood everything about life. When she entered my room she just held on to my waist and immediately laid on my bed. When I saw she behaved liked a matured person, I carried her and put her on my chest and thereafter, removed my trouser and had sex with her. She did not shout nor cry and blood did not come out of her to indicate rape.

While they were apparently at it, there were reportedly bangs on his door which was discovered to have been locked from behind. One of the inquisitive persons sent to look for the 11 year-old girl was said to have peeped through Ademola’s window where they were caught in the act.

At a point, Ademola drifted from the business of the day and blamed his action on his deportation from Lybia last year.

“ If I wre not deported from Lybia, perhaps, I would not have been going through this. I travelled to Lybia after I dropped out of tertiary institution in year 2004, where I was studying Accountancy.”

Mother of the girl, Mrs Bose Ige, expressed shock at her tenant’s misdemeanour and at the same time, regretted ever leasing an apartment to him.

“ He called to say he needed to buy some food and my daughter who happened to be the last child of my six children took the food to him in the room and the next thing he did was to lock the door behind her. It was when I did not see her that I sent people to look for her. And all the while they knocked on his door he did not answer until he was seen from the window.

Reaction at my discovery

“When I heard of it I was furious. I was so angry that I descended on my daughter for not shouting out and even bitting him when he started. I thereafter took her to the hospital where I was told there was nothing to indicate she was pregnant. Even when she was taken to the hospital, Ademola did not foot the bill, claiming that he had no money. I have been selling for long without any incident of such occurring.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations officer, Mr Frank Mba said the suspect would be charged to court soon for rape, adding that the victim was a minor.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/22/316.html
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
Are Nigerian men getting more desperate by each day?

This increase in statutory r//ape is just ridiculous/nasty. . . Something needs to be done with all these pe do phi les. . . .
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by ikamefa(f): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
P-E-R-V-E-R-T  ! grin grin

so cos dem deport am from libya na to begin hammer  all the small! small pikin around him?  na wah!

e be like sey 9ja police don panel-beat him face small ,see  him eyes as dem red!  grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2010
See as im eye red like the devil's own sunglasses. nasty oshi
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
FL Gators:

Are Nigerian men getting more desperate by each day?

This increase in statutory r//ape is just ridiculous/nasty. . . Something needs to be done with all these pe do phi les. . . .

They do the same thing in America and UK everyday and they do it more than Nigerians. The number of pedophile men and women in Nigeria no reach 500 sef.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

They do the same thing in America and UK everyday and they do it more than Nigerians. The number of craddle-robber men and women  in Nigeria no reach 500 sef.
So I suppose I should be happy that it has not yet reached 500, even tho the news is becoming similar each week.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2010
No but the way you bad mouth we Nigerians like say na we be the devil himself, i tire o. Pedophiles full everywhere especially in America.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

No but the way you bad mouth we Nigerians like say na we be the devil himself, i tire o. craddle-robbers full everywhere especially in America.
I do not care if all Americans are pedos or if the president of Germany is a pedo.
You musnt always compare something to something to make a point.

Fact: The rate of statutory rape is increasing in Nigeria.
FACT: Something needs to be done about it.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
Something like what?
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Something like what?
Call me and we'll brainstorm about it. rotfl
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 12:03am On Apr 23, 2010
No tell us what to do in order to eradicate pedophilia in Nigeria. How did oyinbos eradicate theirs again?
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by mamagee3(f): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2010
This is getting terrible by the day!

What do man find interesting about having intimacy with Children?
undecided
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2010
Women do it too. Its not a disease peculiar to men. Let us try to be objective here.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

No tell us what to do in order to eradicate pedophilia in Nigeria. How did oyinbos eradicate theirs again?
Until you stop comparing yourself to the oyinbos and atabos, then you'll find yourself in the right direction.

I am [i]not [/i]a philosopher or a psychologist , I cannot give you the correct answer that you want, but many brains put together can figure out a part of the steps in trying to decrease the raging crime of statutory despoil in Nigeria.

Just because I dont have an answer right now does not mean that we should not realize the danger the increase will do to us all. Tomor, it might be your children. . . .
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by mamagee3(f): 12:19am On Apr 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Women do it too. Its not a disease peculiar to men. Let us try to be objective here.
Women?

Post a Link pertaining to a woman despoiling an 11 year Old boy and you've earned my respect.
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by Sissy3(f): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2010
so this was the bloody idotic fool. kai! i sorri for the poor girl, must have been scary having this thing on him, his look alone tells alot. otondo
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 12:29am On Apr 23, 2010
mama-gee:

Women?

Post a Link pertaining to a woman despoiling an 11 year Old boy and you've earned my respect.

Many US, UK and Nigerian  female teachers and housemaids abuse children. Are you from mars?
Re: Police Arrest Tenant For Raping Landlady’s 11-year-old Daughter by aloyemeka2: 12:33am On Apr 23, 2010
Grandmother Sex: Woman Pregnant by Fourteen-Year-Old Boy

REUTERS

Pregnant Grandmother, 35, Held On Teen Sex Charges

NEW YORK - A pregnant 35-year-old grandmother was jailed early Friday after failing to make bail on charges she had sex with a 14-year-old who is the father of her unborn child, officials said.

The woman, Carmen V., was charged with two counts of rape and endangering the welfare of a minor. She failed to make bail of $2,500 and was being held on Rikers Island prison, officials said. She is eight months pregnant.

Carmen V.'s teen-aged daughter introduced the boy to her mother, who told detectives she had a sexual affair with him from the summer of 1996 to the end of January this year. It came to light when the boy told a mental health counselor that he was sleeping with a much older woman.

The case echoed that of Seattle teacher Mary Kay L., 36, who had an affair with a student beginning when he was 13 and bore his child.

Mary Kay L., a married mother of four, was convicted of child rape and jailed last month, but most of her sentence was suspended. It was revealed earlier this month that she was pregnant again, apparently by her teen-aged lover.

(1) (Reply)

I Witnessed A Kidnapping / SMS Yahoo Yahoo / Photos: More Victims Of Garissa Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.