Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic (450 Views)

Adeboye Visits Borno, Seeks Spiritual Approach To End Terrorism (Photos) / Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
I want to make this a series, because I think this may be a very long article; hence the need to break it into comprehensible series. I am envisaging this as a sort of debate, therefore, comments and feedbacks are required to keep the discussion going.

Now, what I want to ponder is the origin of the universe(and subsequent origin of all life forms) in relation to the existence of a God.

Personally, I believe that there is a God, at least, that is currently the only way to explain the existence of the supernatural and also what I call the "supreme cause". Now, I am neither a christian or muslim fanatic, only a curious young university kid trying to find out why the universe exists, how it was made and how it has evolved.

I will invite a few people to the debut, and I hope we can all compare scientific and empirical logic in the course of this discussion.

HopefulLandlord
Seun
Danvon
AntiNormal
Optimist1997
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
It is generally scientifically accepted that the universe came into existence after the event of the popular "Big Bang", at least, for now. The explosive reaction of the what I fondly refer to as the "supreme cause"; the supreme cause is the entity that singularly initiated the big bang.

Within immeasurable nanoseconds, the reaction expanded and cooled, planets and stars were formed,collided,destroyed and reformed in seconds. Expansion occured rapidly, and the universe spread with a velocity proportional to the force of the big bang reaction; which is incomprehensible. Hence, the universe became unquantifiable.

In this hypothesis, the most glaring questions I see are:

1. If the universe didn't exist prior to the big bang event,meaning there was no space or dark matter, then in what medium did the "supreme cause" or "initial entity" occur?

2. What was the cause of the supreme cause or initial entity?
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by IME1: 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Take sides in your faith, nothing like neither... you have one you're sympathetic to tongue
Kids are not found in university even if you are 14 kiss
Since neither scientists, Muslims or Christians or other faiths were not here at the beginning
Whatever debate we will have here is based on hear say.
For me as a Christian I walk by faith and not by sight.
I know I have a spirit and soul and a heart beating though I can't see them.
My believe in God is by faith.
I could have been brought up blind, deaf or an illiterate or with with autism, and being able to debate you on equal ground and reasoning
But since I suffer neither of these why brag about knowledge, discoveries, readings all debates?

Can you debate with a fisherman or farmer? They don't have low IQ just as Peter proved in Acts 3 lipsrsealed
Can you argue with Thomas Aquinas or Paul? They had faith and added in depth knowledge just as Paul debated non stop till a young man fell from a window! shocked

So leave those who believe in the cross of Christ which is unto salvation and those who don't to which the cross is a stumbling block.
All I pray is that all may come to believe in the everlasting, invincible Creator God, and In the salvation bought by the blood of His Son Jesus and be led by the Holy Spirit smiley

1 Like

Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Earth was formed millions of years after the creation of the universe; shortly after which a giant mars-sized planetoid collided with the nascent earth, expelling chunks of the earth into space in the process. The spatial chunks were however locked into the earth's orbit by the earth's gravitational pull; these chunks later coalesced to form the earth's moon.

It is scientifically believed that the early earth was uninhabitable due to the fact that there was no protection against extreme solar radiation, however, the explosive event caused by the planetoid colliding with the earth brought about an interraction between certain elements(including Nitrogen,Phosphorus and Sulphur) to form basic nucleotides, which over millions of years assembled into basic RNA(Ribonucleic Acids) strands. Organic matter from the colliding planetoid may have aided the process. This marked the beginning of life.

Question:
Why has a similar sequence of reactions not occurred in other planets of our solar system?
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by AntiNormal(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ah. The creation of the cosmos... One of my least favorite topics... *Cue tired sigh
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by AntiNormal(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
I have a fairly naive but surprisingly effective way of handling any and all questions that pertain to how the universe was formed.
I close my eyes and I tell myself that it doesn't matter.
None of us were there, and so there's no way to irrefutably affirm and/or deny whatever claim we bring forward. As far as we know, the big bang theory could be laughably wrong. Or it could not. We don't know. We will probably never know. And that's not good, for souls like us that demand to know. What's worse, is the fact that the big bang theory is in perfect contradiction with the Bible (at least, that's how I see it anyway) by attributing the initial and supreme cause of all existence to something that is not God.
So now, we have Science in one corner, scribbling furiously on an infinitely long whiteboard, all of her hypothesis in support of the big bang theory being the starting point of all existence in unreadable chickenscratch. And in the other corner, we have Faith, with her holy books, imploring us with divine words to forsake our heresies and misleading philosophies and whatnot and believe in the One (which could be God or Allah or even Ganesha, depending on which religion you subscribe to).
These two will never work things out, and cleaving to one means you're cleaving yourself from the other. (I just had to do the cleave thing). Anyway, this existential tug-of-war is obviously not good for anyone, and engaging in it and throwing yourself into either corner just seems like a sure way to lose at least a quarter of the time you're supposed to spend blissfully asleep.

That's why I've decided not to give a flying fig about where and how the universe came to be. As a crazy friend of mine would say, it's not my problem.
If God made all of this, then I'm happy for Him. If He didn't, and the universe did in fact bang itself into existence, then I'm happy for it.
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
DNA strands were formed after complementary strands of RNA interracted together over millions of years. The RNA strand carried genetic information based on their basic survival, hence the organisms that arose from the translation of the mRNA(messanger RNA) were extremely resilent to the harsh conditions of the early earth. Life first existed in the primordial soup(the sea).

Bacteria and Archea were formed from RNA strands; the formation of cyanobacteria caused the "oxygenic explosion" in which oxygen became prerequisite for life on the planet due to photosynthetic activities of the new cyanobacteria. Organisms that couldn't survive in the presence of oxygen were wiped out(at least, to a large extent).This is the beginning of evolution.

Over millions of years, Eukarya,algae and protozoa were formed. Multicellular organisms that evolved due to changes in environment, specific adaptations occured.

As a microbiologist, I can confirm that micro-organisms were the first inhabitants of the earth.
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
AntiNormal:
Ah. The creation of the cosmos... One of my least favorite topics... *Cue tired sigh
Why?, the subject captivates me.
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by AntiNormal(m): 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
EVarn:
Why?, the subject captivates me.

I know. In your opening post, you sounded adequately captivated.
I used to be fascinated by the subject too, until I realized that thinking about it and doing extensive research on the matter (which you also sound like you've been doing) was cutting into my sleep time. And I wasn't getting any concrete answers. Just theories and beliefs.
So yeah...

I am curious to see how this goes though, and I'm always available to help intellectually destroy anyone that needs to be destroyed.
If you call, I will answer...
Unless I'm sleeping... �
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ozonification of the earth's atmosphere helped to reduce the earths temperature.

However, there were 5 mass extinction events that occured within several millions of years. I won't go into details on that, but of all the extinction events, the Odovician-Silurian and Permian-Triassic extinction events were the deadliest; infact, the P-T extinction event wiped out 96% of all living species.

There are two hypothesis on the extinction events;
1. An asteroid from space collided with the earth's surface and drilled into the earth's core, expelling molten magma with astronomical force, this magma travel high into the atmosphere(sort of like a gaysier) and then fall back to the earth and cools, thereby warming the earth to an alarming degree and anihilating almost all life.
2. The volcanic eruptions(from the areas that are now the present day siberian trap or mexican gap) combines with depletion of oxygen(anoxia) to destroy almost all the living forms on the planet.
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by Dontquit: 3:04am On Feb 18, 2018
Hmmm interesting... Where are they?
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by MightySparrow: 9:14am On Feb 18, 2018
I always laugh when people want to worship science. As a scientist myself, I discovered nothing is absolutely exact reason for search and research. Theory simply means the true nature of a subject matter is not known. There are so many uncertaintties in science especially astronomy and issues of creation. There is another side to evolution theory known as Creationist Theory championed by one Humphery. Any interest person could google it.
Re: Analytical Approach To The Creation Question; My Logic by EVarn(m): 10:25am On Feb 18, 2018
MightySparrow:
I always laugh when people want to worship science. As a scientist myself, I discovered nothing is absolutely exact reason for search and research. Theory simply means the true nature of a subject matter is not known. There are so many uncertaintties in science especially astronomy and issues of creation. There is another side to evolution theory known as Creationist Theory championed by one Humphery. Any interest person could google it.
I beg to differ, scientific theories are principles, based on empirical observations and experimentations, that explain or attempt to explain a phenomenon. Theories are meant to explain how things work, and that is what has driven human technological advancements so far.

As for the humpherys theories, I have come across a number of his theories in my research on young earth creationism; and I daresay, the man is deluded. His ideas have no scientific basis.

PS: Worshipping science?, that is indeed a most ridiculous notion.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/03/18 / Pastor Prays For Lady In A Relationshp To Remove ‘Bad Blood’ Put Inside Her.PICS / 2019: There Will Be So Many Upsets, Says Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.