Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,503 members, 7,850,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More (55041 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment / It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million — Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2018
its always been about money, not salvation.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 11:28am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
it's between him and his God. but if I use people around me as a case study it's difficult if money won't control him. To prove my point, can oyedepo stoop low like other small churches GOs to visit the prison, or the sick? or share his time with the destitute without delegating the visit to a junior pastor? remember Christ eat with the sinners mark 2:13-17
oyedepo goes to the streets to preach, his second abioye does it, ibiyeome does it, Pastor Chris wines and dines with destitute children in inner city outreach, so tell me exactly wat stooping low means to u, or is it professing poverty?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by OyinO: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2018
Another huge and successful scammer and religious businessman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by kentebemoney: 11:33am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
are u a follower of Old Testament or new one? tell us one rich man that won the favour of God in the New Testament.
why do you people preach like the Pharisees who like to quote the scriptures to favour themselves? the Carmel and the needles eye alone explains it all even to a novice yet you saying the needle is something else. anything you said the needle is can the Carmel pass through it with ease? in simple English the Carmel and the rich man is a simily
Bros u lack understanding
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 11:36am On Feb 18, 2018
kentebemoney:
Bros u lack understanding
please tell me where
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Bahddo(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
if only you know who you are chating with. I am not a salary earner but the least salary I pay my staff if we calculate base on commission in a month is not less than #800k. so u can assume my worth.
please learn to chat ease
lol. Bros take it easy with the big tales na.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Desyner: 11:42am On Feb 18, 2018
jamescross:
yet job languished in pain and penury even suffered the mockings of 'friend'

God gives a man POWER to make wealth, he enables a man to work and earn.
Job 42:10 God restored Job after he prayed for his friends. Stop typing what's beyond your lean mind. If the church is suppose to embrace poverty why are you using the poor in the church to justify your criticism of those who aren't suppose to be rich.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by onatisi(m): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.
Baba pls watch the video clip first,the op only took a part of what they man said and didn't post the remaining part. The op is just misquoting the man. What the man said is that God owns the whole world and all it's resources and as a child of God he has access to it because his God is worth more than 150 million dollars

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Empredboy(m): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2018
Bahddo:
lol. Bros take it easy with the big tales na.
I take a chill
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by BluntBoy(m): 11:52am On Feb 18, 2018
davidque007:

Since you like to wonder, Did you also wonder how Wealthy Abraham, Isaac and Jacob made heaven! Please stop this your rubbish mindset. A rich man who had his wealth by the strength of his power and not by depending in God to provide and prosper him is the one that Jesus spoke about . Let me tell you this, it is even harder for the poor to pass through the eye if the needle

A load of crap, especially the statement in bold.

Stop making excuses. It is very difficult to be wealthy and make heaven.

Even as wealthy as Solomon was, he remained wary of wealth.

Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. (Proverbs 30:8 )

Solomon never pursued wealth like your pastors and yourself do. He was not a slave to his wealth. When God asked him his heart's desires, Solomon chose wisdom. I am sure many of your pastors would have chosen wealth.

For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, "Who is the LORD?" And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name. (Proverbs 30:9)

I don't suppose wealth is bad in the ordinary sense but I think a good Christian should be wary about wealthy pastors like Oyedepo. Our Lord Jesus Christ, the wise King Solomon and the Apostles were all very wary of wealth. Paul seriously warned Timothy about it. We should stop using the wealth of Abraham to justify the wealth of these businessmen pastors. Abraham did not become rich by preaching the gospel. No one got wealthy by preaching the Good News. Only Oyedepo and his colleagues have become super wealthy by simply floating churches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
God is in the business of making people rich through covenant.

This is a fact!

See job 36-11/ its reads, if they obey and serve Him, they will spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.

grin grin grin

Last time I was Shiloh, could see everyone there was rich. Including those sleeping on the field and bathing in poorly constructed sheds

Covenant indeed!

what has covenant done for you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2018
remigiusizunna:
Paul was a tent maker,Peter was a fisherman,Jesus was a carpenter.If your pastor has no day job,he's a thief.

Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Caseless: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there
grin grin grin

Who brainwashed you with this interpretation?

It's impossible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. So using that figure of speech is talking about zero possibility.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by DSoj(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
See brain washing
Which yeye kingdom are they sponsoring?
They are being brainwashed to sponsor his biz empire.
Mumu people

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by mensos544: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
Idiot n u r still collecting tithes from ur poor n hungry followers. So u can evn say boldly u worth more than that. Nonses but i blamed his blind followers. Hell await uuuu...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
yet you people will say old things have passed away and all things become new to favour ur teaching.
let me ask. who are we as Christians looking up to? is it Christ gospel or teaching of old? remember in the teaching of old Moses said if they slap you then you slap back. but in Christ teaching he said we should turn the other side. which one are we to follow.
Christ condemned prosperity but the Old Testament promote it. who are we to follow?
in the Old Testament God was in support of the killing of enemies but in Christ pray for your enemies. I beg who make we follow?
I see people are liking ur comments. But my dear,when you read the Bible,read wit understandings and ask questions from true believers that has the understanding of Bible......
Jesus came and abolished "some" of the words of moses in the old testaments that. Was not morally sound.Those words of old testaments was from moses not from God directly,God only commandment was the 10commandment,which Jesus stood by it.

Godbless,am also a repenting sinner,but am trying, #Godbless u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by zionmde: 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
Caseless:
grin grin grin

Who brainwashed you with this interpretation?

It's impossible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. So using that figure of speech is talking about zero possibility.
said a Muslim who follows after a man who married a 9yr old little baby and also proclaimed himself the god sent man to marry off and sleep with all the widows in his time
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Majesticniyi(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
I'm amazed with nairalanders oh, you didn't even watch a video that was posted yet comment and abuse the man.

He kept shouting that he's rich because he's spiritual but how would you know when you didn't even watch the video? Most part of that video was about him saying if you give and live in sin, your giving is a waste. He kept saying it even gave an example of someone that cheats his company and then pays tithe.

What was I even expecting sef....you won't pay, you would still be complaining about we that pay like its your money.

quentin06:
its always been about money, not salvation.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Modupeolatemi01(f): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
God bless you sir for this. That we r xtians doesn't mean we should be poor.

onuhabel1:
there is a difference between a richman that does bit know God and a christian big man.
Hope you know Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job were the richest in their days.
Job was the holiest and richest.
Jesus wasn't poor either
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by gabe: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Oshe! #GuccigangBishop #30billionfada #tithesuperharvester. Tell d em abeg. dem carry you de play...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by ikeyman00(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Can you imagine that? men of God right?

Like Nnamdi Kanu said we had enuogh of Yoruba pastor brain washing

we do not want them anymore in Biafran land
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by kareemkamil(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Just imagine, ultrances from man of God. I pity followers of this man
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by jamescross: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
Desyner:
Job 42:10 God restored Job after he prayed for his friends. Stop typing what's beyond your lean mind. If the church is suppose to embrace poverty why are you using the poor in the church to justify your criticism of those who aren't suppose to be rich.
you missed my point!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Majesticniyi:
I'm amazed with nairalanders oh, you didn't even watch a video that was posted yet comment and abuse the man.

He kept shouting that he's rich because he's spiritual but how would you know when you didn't even watch the video? Most part of that video was about him saying if you give and live in sin, your giving is a waste. He kept saying it even gave an example of someone that cheats his company and then pays tithe.

What was I even expecting sef....you won't pay, you would still be complaining about we that pay like its your money.

sorry o, didnt know ur his spokesman, but i think ranting about 150m is beneath him, a mans life doesnt consist of what he owns.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by ukejejohnson(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
I love nigerians grin. Good in all ramifications. Argue with everything. Talk about sex, politics, religion, etc una sabi all . Thumbs up for una�
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by stevio(m): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
My brother,i love your submission,,it's epic cool
zionmde:

young man the needle eye is not the eye of the normal needle you sew with. its a gate in Jerusalem that is too low that a camel needs to stoop so low to pass through. its all about humility.
as for being rich, u can as well tell me how poor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon etc were, and if u ever saw them in hell wen u paid a visit there
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by stevio(m): 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
Where will you want to Go,haven or hell grin?
Empredboy:
yet you people will say old things have passed away and all things become new to favour ur teaching.
let me ask. who are we as Christians looking up to? is it Christ gospel or teaching of old? remember in the teaching of old Moses said if they slap you then you slap back. but in Christ teaching he said we should turn the other side. which one are we to follow.
Christ condemned prosperity but the Old Testament promote it. who are we to follow?
in the Old Testament God was in support of the killing of enemies but in Christ pray for your enemies. I beg who make we follow?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Caseless: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
zionmde:
[s]
said a Muslim who follows after a man who married a 9yr old little baby and also proclaimed himself the god sent man to marry off and sleep with all the widows in his time[/s]
gibberish! grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by RexTramadol1: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
femidejulius:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Mark 10:25

I have always wondered why Nigerian super rich pastors do not talk about the above quoted gospel which Jesus himself spoke.

Eye of needle is not the literal term of needle..... Thrs sth like that close to the temple in dose days
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by YOUNGrapha(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
may guy circumcision is not a Christian belief instead a tradition. we are circumsied because our tradition accept as igbos . hausas don't yet they have Christains . Act 15:1-41. we are circumcised because Old Testament said but we do it because Christ said he has not come to abolish any law (tradition) but to fulfill all righoutness (all good tradition) Matthew 5:17
jah bless you sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
so u prefer poverty to riches?
Without money it is not easy to serve God. Ask those who steal and rob and do all manner of things to get money? Are they heading to heaven?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baby Born Without Vagina "Receives A Vagina At Bushiri's Church" (video) / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.