Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,205 members, 7,845,997 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas (1748 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Aussie To Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by justwise(m): 12:17am On May 07, 2010
mattfeuter:

@ Justwise, though am kinda new here, but the way you always reply every post has revealed some thangs about you to me, Too much of everything is bad, very Bad!!!

And what did my replies revealed to you about me?
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by Goddess82(f): 3:48am On May 07, 2010
Thank you to everyone so far who has given advice. I only have two weeks to go before I fly into Lagos and spend some time with my friend. I am very much looking forward to learning about another culture and hopefully making some new friends.

Just a few things I have noticed on this forum, not just my topic but many others, it seems the responses start off well and then some people get a little sensitive and before you know it the topic has become a slinging match between bloggers.

I think we all need to remember this forum is out here to help people and whilst I believe in freedom of speech and opinion, somethings are better left unsaid. So lets all just smile grin
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by omega25red(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2010
Goddess82:

Thank you to everyone so far who has given advice. I only have two weeks to go before I fly into Lagos and spend some time with my friend. I am very much looking forward to learning about another culture and hopefully making some new friends.

Just a few things I have noticed on this forum, not just my topic but many others, it seems the responses start off well and then some people get a little sensitive and before you know it the topic has become a slinging match between bloggers.

I think we all need to remember this forum is out here to help people and whilst I believe in freedom of speech and opinion, somethings are better left unsaid. So lets all just smile grin
you are right but you have to remember that some of the hostility comes from those trying to make sure you are safe and not taken advantage of and the rest is from the people who are mad that what ever tricks they could have worked on has been messed up by someone. This is sort of what you will find right at the airport when you land so be prepared.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by newmusic: 8:39pm On May 07, 2010
Goddess,dont drop money for anybody,dont meet anybody in a private place,dont accept any business proposal from anybody or anything of such nature.
Go to lagos and abuja,catch ur fun and go back to your country at the right time.

that is the little advice i can give you,if there is any other thing,i will let you know.

cheerz.
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by newmusic: 8:43pm On May 07, 2010
Justwise,you have not answered my question, have you forgotten?
i am sure you can remember,
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by oncolor: 5:22am On May 13, 2010
Check out this site, browse through it and you will find some more info on places to visit, bars, clubs, hotels, tourist attractions, shopping etc in some major cities in Nigeria

http://www.oyibosonline.com/html/guides/los/bars/saipan.html
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by martinosi: 12:49pm On May 21, 2010
Goddess82:

I think we all need to remember this forum is out here to help people and whilst I believe in freedom of speech and opinion, somethings are better left unsaid. So lets all just smileĀ  grin

Are you returning a visit that was made by your friend from Nigeria?

You friend is he male or female?

Anyway, its just good to know why you would like to visit Nigeria,
as i have a friend that lives in Australia that i met in London,
he lives on the Gold Coast,
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by martinosi: 12:53pm On May 21, 2010
Goddess82:

I think we all need to remember this forum is out here to help people and whilst I believe in freedom of speech and opinion, somethings are better left unsaid. So lets all just smileĀ  grin

if you need to chat with me online then let me know
i was in nigeria late last year and as one poster said they are concerned about
your safety. Australia does not have a direct embassy in Nigeria
so that would have helped you as you could meet other aussies,
Any way if you want to chat, just let me know and i send you me email addy,
just to make sure you are safe and secure during your visit.
if you need a number to call me on then i drop you one, be safe,
Re: An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas by morpheus24: 7:08pm On May 21, 2010
Goddess82:

@ Goddess

pay no mind to the insults its a Nigerian "thing". Its referd to as "Bad Belle".

You will be fine when you get to Lagos or Abuja as long as you have someone with you who will show you around, similar to if you were going to Egypt or Morroco for the first time.

There are usually a lot of people who blow stuff out of porportion to scare you or make you jittery., pay dem no mind. I can bet you will have a lot of fun especially in Abuja,

Ps learn to speak some pidgin words. The locals like that.

1st example "How you dey nah?", "how are you", lol

Cheers,

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Of The Most Heavily Guarded Locations On The Entire Planet / Please I Need Information About Cost Of Living In Saudi Arabia(ksa) / 5 Spots You Must Experience In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.