Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? (47123 Views)

How Much Is Ghana From Mile 2 Please? / Is Russia A Good Place To Live? / Best Place To Visit In The World Is Ghana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by cynbanora(f): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2010
I have been having this thought of relocating to Ghana after my service to start a new life.I would want to know if its a very good ideal or am i making the greatest mistake of my life?
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2010
cynbanora:

I have been having this thought of relocating to Ghana after my service to start a new life.I would want to know if its a very good ideal or am i making the greatest mistake of my life?
Relax sista, It's is WELL. I see a bright future here in Nigeria in the nearest future, Just watch and pray. Wish u al da Best in ur future ambitions
cynbanora:

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by niceguy10: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ghana ki, Nigeria is better off!!!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by dinggle: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
If anyone has told Nigeria in the 80s when we were sending Ghanians off in a ship that 20 something yrs from then, we would be flocking into Ghana to try to make a decent living none of us would have believed it.

Ghana is certainly a good place to start up life, compared to Nigeria. Tho! you have to be ingenous enough to create employment for your self or liase with other Nigerians who already have their own firms up and running. Make sure everything is set-up before you depart Nigeria.
As a start google Nigerian business in Ghana and start your application from there.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by DisGuy: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2010
You should visit frequently the place or have friends there who can accomodate you for a week/month at a time before relocating
its just some few hours away anyway
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by onatisi(m): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
Shana is good if you have money , don't think of coming here to hustle , Ghanaians are hostile people , i just came in 2days ago and i am already thinking o coming back to Nigeria or another country , the situation in Ghana is quite critical , BUT the country is beautiful and if you want to have a real real real cheap nice time then come to Ghana you will enjoy yourself , secondly if you have money you ca n come here to buy things , you wont believe it goods are almost 50 percent cheaper than in Cotonou and Lome , then come with around 100,000 buy goods send them to Nigeria and make profit . well i am still on ground here but from the look of things the only difference is the infrastructure here in Ghana and when i look around i shed bitter tears seeing what our leaders have done to our great country we should be 10000000 times better than Ghana. power supply is constant .
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Hamsters: 12:10am On Apr 24, 2010
@Poster

Anywhere in the world is a good place. The secret to success lies within you.
For a simpler life though, I'd say YES, do Ghana!!!In Ghana, You wouldn't make the kind of money you can make in Nigeria, but you would live a higher quality of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by SeanT21(f): 8:25am On Apr 26, 2010
Yes, beautiful place!!

but seriously, how dare you mention Ghana on a Nigerian forum?? Haha. tongue This thread will soon turn into a Ghana bashing thread in 4, 3, 2. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by rickie4us(m): 8:51am On Apr 26, 2010
a lizard in Nigeria remains a lizard when it finds itself in US.
No matter where you are, success depends on you.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by VALIDATOR: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2010
rickie4us:

a lizard in Nigeria remains a lizard when it finds itself in US.
No matter where you are, success depends on you.

My former boss once quoted that same stuff when he felt I wasn't performing well.But I have proved him wrong because a simple change of Job within the same Lagos now makes me look like a genius.

You perform well if the combination of the factors surrounding you motivate that hidden achiever in you.

Going to Ghana,US,Iraq,etc may be your own personal motivator,NOT someone else's.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by tokunbobo(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2010
I will not advise you to go to Ghana if u want a greener pasture. It is not the best place for you if u want to hustle. Many young Nigerians in Ghana are doing 419 and yahoo  yahoo and many Nigerians in their have been jailed. Musuliu Obanikoro who is the Nigerian ambassador in Ghana self is tired of this.

The unemployment rate is almost the same with other countries. I think Ghana should be visited particularly for tourism purpose and holiday, however if you want to do business, then Ghana may be the best place rather than Nigeria, there's constant power.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by gennycom: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2010
I once felt lik u d poster,l didnt ask questions,but travelld to accra.Lif in Nigeria is better off compare to ghana,am sayin frm lif exprience nt hear say, beliv me if u can mak it in ghana,thn u can do beta wher in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by VALIDATOR: 10:16am On Apr 26, 2010
You may need to do a thorough self analysis of what motivates/demotivates the success seed in you. Once you do that,you will know what and where to avoid and also what and where to embrace.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Amya(f): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2010
You could probably go to check the place out. ask questions. . . Only then will truly know if it's a place you'l want to be based
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by benabbey(m): 10:22am On Apr 26, 2010
Wherever you can see the Sun is a good land. Friends you don't need to depart from your fathers land to make it in life. It is an invitation to slavery, you become an instant second class citizen with so many right taken away from you. Before you make up your mind, let me give you an ebook called Acre of Diamond written by Dr. Russel Conwell the founder of Temple University in the United States. I would have attached it here for all to see but the maximum thing you can attached here is 200kb. Send your email address to benabbey2010@gmail.com for the book

Please note the ebook is free no payment

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by bisiaet: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2010
I dont think Ghana is better of, we cant just sit on hearsay people need to vist there or somebody who is living there or has lived has better understanding this is what I will say but the gospel truth is that Ghanian are not as friendly as we thought they are this is a real truth and when you live in an hostile environment you will have hard nuts to crack to have your way I'm not be sentiment here but if anybody who as live there before or living their now could read this message he will knows better.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Akaraiwe(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2010
The main thing in naija is that u need to click in a clique to hammer,or bring a unique levels with lots of bucks. Naija sweet gan o,the only country where u can spend $30000 equivalent in a club and police go happy to follow chop 200naira inside. Whatever business u are into,U can make as much as 10 million naira or more in a single deal in naija even for individuals not even corporate bodies.
I prefer to be a millionaire in Naija than a Billionaire in Ghana. When pepper rest u go know say Naija sweet die.!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by sayso: 10:53am On Apr 26, 2010
9ja is da bomb
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by clickgold(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2010
Stay back in Nigeria. Except u are going for tourist visit.
There is so much money to be made here. I am a living proof.
We all should stick around and make this country work.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Ty207: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2010
make which country work? When leader's are busy stealing money that belong to millions of people hun.! i prefer niger pass naija.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2010
Ty207:

make which country work? When leader's are busy stealing money that belong to millions of people hun.! i prefer niger pass naija.
Hehehehehehe. God Help NIGERIA!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Aglah1976(f): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2010
cynbanora:

You better work and sit your behind down in your father land, I LIVE IN GHANA, been here for a while and beleive me I AM PLANNING TO RETURN HOME AND SETTLE DOWN ..Ghanaian's are HOSTILE once they realize you are Nigerian, they think you are coming to over to over take their life and so they would crunch you in until you miss home and ready to sell your stuffs and[b] WALK BACK HOME[/b]

gennycom:

I once felt lik u d poster,l didnt ask questions,but travelld to accra.Lif in Nigeria is better off compare to ghana,am sayin frm lif exprience nt hear say, beliv me if u can mak it in ghana,thn u can do beta wher in Nigeria.

Think before you leap sista, its very important
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by splashbaby(m): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
Tamita:

Hehehehehehe. God Help NIGERIA!
Our problems have to do with followership problem not leadership, Because we fail to let the leaders know how wrong they have been, instead we glorify and praise them to high heaven, shame on the followers, We do nothing but complain only.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by nigerfine: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
A lady graduate? Think of prospect of husband;could u sacrifice husband to living in Ghana?, if yes, u can move if no;stay in nig.More so, no country absolutely none want people to come and add to their unemployment statistic, even US and Canada!please think of little job,skill in Niger instaed of going to be unemployed in Ghana.You can only go to Ghana if u have a job there.what did u read in sch,how good are u in ur profession?good luck

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2010
Ty207:

go 2 niger then grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Damysa(f): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
I've got 2 brothers there, one is schooling and doing part time job while the other just relocated. they said the place is good, am planning of visiting soon though.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by abhosts(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Why do Nigerians have the wrong impression that "If it is not Nigeria, it must be better"?

I do not care what anyone says; Ghana will never be half as Good as Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by candylips(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2010
who wan relocate go that midget country
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by FEMARY(m): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Ghanaians are not hostile.They are very hospitale people.More hospitable than Nigerians self.The job horizon is not as bright as Nigeria.But if you can get something doing better for you.You should actually think of getting your higher degree there.The schools there are far better than even all these private universities in Nigeria.The environment is more relaxed.U can pursue professional programmes in Accra easily without stress.
Am talking from personal experience because we have engineeering projects there we are doing.If you want more info let me know.All the best.if your spirit is leading you there go there.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by DisGuy: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
nigerfine:

A lady graduate? Think of prospect of husband;could u sacrifice husband to living in Ghana?, if yes, u can move if no;stay in nig.More so, no country absolutely none want people to come and add to their unemployment statistic, even US and Canada!please think of little job,skill in Niger instaed of going to be unemployed in Ghana.You can only go to Ghana if u have a job there.what did u read in sch,how good are u in your profession?good luck

bloody hell!! shocked

are Ghanian hostile to everyone or just to Nigerians? anyway everyone is hostile to nigerians
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by londoner: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2010
Sorry, but Ghanaians are generally hostile towards Nigerians. They can be polite though and friendly, but they will usually take a swipe, shortly after finding out you are Nigerian. It comes with the territory. As a country its nice and the electricity is more constant, there is also lots of fun. Why not visit a few times first then see if you like it?

while you're at it, why not try other parts of Nigeria also ?

@femary, more hospitable than Nigerians? Nigerians differ drastically according to where you are in Nigeria.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by tkb417(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2010
I visit Accra more than i do Abuja and i think i know wassup with the country

The way an average Ghanaian feels about Nigerians is the way other countries feel about Nigerians

Try vising kenya, South Africa, Angola and maybe Senegal/Gambia and u'll see the same cold shoulder

an average Ghanaian feels a Nigerian is smarter and would probably be a cheat

not to digress, i think the country is cool, calm and habitable unlike the chaotic Nigeria. The best place to make money will still be Nigeria for someone who is just out of school cos i doubt if a Nigerian can easily get a job in Ghana

On the balance, ill prefer Ghana for an entrepreneur who is on the rise and is looking for a better environment to stay while his/her businesses will still be in Nigeria while Nigeria will be the best place for a young school leaver

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments / Which Country Can Someone Travel With 1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.