Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? (47142 Views)

How Much Is Ghana From Mile 2 Please? / Is Russia A Good Place To Live? / Best Place To Visit In The World Is Ghana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2010
bigbounce wrote:

[b]we are not better off Ghana stop lying or decieving people who have not been to Ghana.I just come back from Ghana early this month and i know how life is out there in Ghana.[/b]Life is Good out there.they don't have money but they economize the little they have.when you go out there and abide to the law police will never come and make checking point on the road for you to pay them money but even though you are on your right you most find them something or help you maybe in trouble with them here in Nigeria.i have been to accra i saw their presidential villa but can any commercial vehicle pass in front of presidential villa in abuja or truck?they will arrest that for no reason.Life in ghana is so easy i rent an hotel there with 1000naira come to Nigeria before you can rent an hotel out here you will have 2000 to 3000 just for local once not those expensive once so what are we now saying?am just pray that Good should make me have Good importer here that will give me Good work to clear for him after then when i make good money i will just go down to ghana and invest my money there and get my self good life.

why does everything have to be about materialism with Africans? Are we not aware that a just and equitable society , where everyone is respected, opportuned and treated fairly, is the precursor to the emergence of a great nation? What is the point of constant electricity when your dignity is eroded by xenophobic behavior from folks who have no interest in treating you as an individual? Do black folks not now get jobs in the UK and USA? Most Africans relocate to the West because they know they will find employment to match their skills . Do you think you can get a job in Ghana using your Nigerian passport? Do you think it is a coincidence that most Nigerians here are self-employed trader and investors? My brother you have only been renting guest houses. Come back to Nairaland to tell us of your progress when you move here and are trying to rent a permanent abode !!! The behaviour of 99% of Ghanaian landlord will shock you !!!!

You say you have just come back from Ghana. Did you not notice that power outage is increasing ? Only yesterday we had no electricity for over 6 hours in my part of Accra. Granted outages here are nowhere near as bad as Nigeria but the situation is worsening and Atta-Mills was on TV warning ECG (Equivalent of Nigeria's PHCN) to improve its power delivery as Ghanaians are mow suffering losses from damages to electrical equipment due to frequent outages !!!!

Most of what you wrote above indicate that you are clearly determined to show Nigeria in a negative light. If Osu Castle (home of Ghana's President) is accessible to taxis how is that a negative indictment of Nigeria? Even in extremely developed nation can you get close to where most President live?

Please hurry up and move to Ghana but desist from ridiculing Nigeria unfairly to justify your own choice.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2010
tomidayspring wrote;

The truth is that a good comparative analysis cant be done between Nigeria and Ghana because of size and diversity.

Ghana is a country of  N20 million people it will easily pass for the population of Western Nigeria put together, also they are 90% Christians .So people should take things easy when it comes to spiting and bashing Nigerians to Praise Ghana, Nigeria's problems and complexities are not thesame at all while not making excuses for their inefficiencies!

Precisely !! Most Nigerians have become self-haters to the point where they would even proclaim Somalia as better than Nigeria !!!

Some Nigerians are not even ready to admit the truth to the world anymore. Instead they prefer to portay Nigeria as a cesspit.

Let us take electricity for example. Uduaghan (Delta Governor) ,at a public lecture a day ago , was still urging the Nigerian Government to deregulate the power sector so that States can develop at their own pace!!! Fashola , and other governors , have shouted themselves hoarse making the same demand !!! Will Nigerians take to the street to protest that this is done? No is the answer !!! They prefer to heap curses on Nigeria while the various cabal keeping us in darkness laugh all the way to the bank !!!!

Our issues are different to those of Ghana . Ghana only discovered oil recently. They , unlike Nigeria, did not have very powerful and influential diesel and Generator mafias who collude with successive Governments to frustrate obvious efforts (deregulation) that must be pushed through to resolve the power logjam.

If death had not taken Abacha we might not have mobile phones in Nigeria today since the tyrant refused to deregulate the telecom sector because of how he was looting NITEL !!!! If that had been the case ' Nigerians will be here using lack of mobile phone technology as another excuse to justify their move to Afghanistan instead of taking Abacha on over his selfish stance !!!!

The grass is always greener elsewhere,so pray your country tackle its corruption and electricity and your country has the potential to be the greatest in Africa.

Indeed.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by K4: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2010
Blab bla bla. Ranting of ants,all sounds and fury,signifying nothing.

@Gbawe, let me tell you just a tiny bit of my own story. I lived in Nigeria for a while ( as a rep of an international group). I did some great things in your country and if I mention my name, lot of Nigerians will know me. Let me stop there for now. hopefully, I’d be able to tell you about some of the great things I did in your country soon and even tell you my name. As a matter of fact I am working on a very fascinating book on my experiences in Nigeria.
I accepted the job because Nigeria is closer home. Like you, I have a Nigerian wife and we have great kids. But I faced the same problems you are facing in Ghana in Nigeria! In fact I think I faced far worse treatment. I have observed that the rapport is often very good when nationality is not an issue. And for me, it was always ‘where do you come from’ on account of my distinctly foreign-sounding name. And then when I tell them I am from Ghana, the ‘I’m better off than you’ attitude sets in. So I didn’t tell people my nationality unless it was absolutely necessary. I also told my kids to tell their class mates they were Nigerians(at least their mom is one) to avoid a stigmatization. I can handle anything anyone can throw at me. I am very strong-willed individual with a no-nonsense attitude but the kids can’t. I also observed that most Nigerians have scant regard for Ghanaians. Watch TV,listen to radio or even listen to Nigerians talk generally about Ghana and Ghanaians. Now tell me, why will I have regard for anyone who does not show me sufficient respect? I have very little regard for people who ‘are full of themselves.’ Respect is mutual. I just returned to Ghana and I am loving every moment. I think you will be better off in Nigeria, believe me. Home is home,huh?

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by candylips(m): 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^
now this is getting interesting.

A different perspective from a Ghanian is much appreciated otherwise this thread was getting too one sided
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
K4 wrote:

@Gbawe, let me tell you just a tiny bit of my own story. I lived in Nigeria for a while ( as a rep of an international group). I did some great things in your country and if I mention my name, lot of Nigerians will know me. Let me stop there for now. hopefully, I’d be able to tell you about some of the great things I did in your country soon and even tell you my name. As a matter of fact I am working on a very fascinating book on my experiences in Nigeria.
I accepted the job because Nigeria is closer home. Like you, I have a Nigerian wife and we have great kids. But I faced the same problems you are facing in Ghana in Nigeria! In fact I think I faced far worse treatment. I have observed that the rapport is often very good when nationality is not an issue. And for me, it was always ‘where do you come from’ on account of my distinctly foreign-sounding name. And then when I tell them I am from Ghana, the ‘I’m better off than you’ attitude sets in. So I didn’t tell people my nationality unless it was absolutely necessary. I also told my kids to tell their class mates they were Nigerians(at least their mom is one) to avoid a stigmatization. I can handle anything anyone can throw at me. I am very strong-willed individual with a no-nonsense attitude but the kids can’t. I also observed that most Nigerians have scant regard for Ghanaians. Watch TV,listen to radio or even listen to Nigerians talk generally about Ghana and Ghanaians. Now tell me, why will I have regard for anyone who does not show me sufficient respect? I have very little regard for people who ‘are full of themselves.’ Respect is mutual. I just returned to Ghana and I am  loving every moment. I think you will be better off in Nigeria, believe me. Home is home,huh?

I cannot agree with you at all !!!! When , for example, has a Nigerian landlord failed to rent a house to you just because you are Ghanaian even when you have the required rent (no haggling) for the required period in Dollars? This happened to a very successful Nigerian friend lately who was trying to set up a Ghanaian branch of her successful international School. Every single landlord rejected her even as she is extremely well-spoken, well-read and well turned-out !!!! One landlord agreed to meet us at 7pm  only for him to call at 6.50 , when we were at the property , to say he had car trouble . He was extremely rude when we tried to reschedule.  My wife was so ashamed that she took over the house-hunting , since she is Ghanaian, with the intention that she will take up the tenancy and move our Nigerian friend in when all was settled. By then our friend had become really disgruntled with the hostility of Ghanaians to the extent that she decided to leave.

One thing I don't appreciate is how many of you Ghanaians are unable to admit the truth. I have no doubt that some Nigerians may have treated you badly but you cannot say that many will "cut their nose to spite their face" solely in an effort to frustrate you the way many Ghanaians are ready to do when dealing with Nigerians  . You can never come her and portay Nigeria as being the same as Ghana when it comes to xenophobic ignorance. My wife is Ghanaian and she will disagree with you immensely and she has been visiting Nigeria for 9 years !!!!

Part of the problem is that most of you Ghanaians never admit to wrongdoing where Nigerians are concerned . That is where Nigerians are different . Of course I will admit that there are Nigerians who are ungracious and arrogant to Ghanaians. A Nigerian friend once remarked that he does not understand how I can be dating a Ghanaian lady. Needless to say that he stopped being my friend that very day. Whatever you faced in Nigeria , if you are unbaised like my wife, you will admit that Nigeria, especially Lagos, is far more cosmopolitan and accepting of foreigners than Accra. She does not have the problems you claim you had in Nigeria . If anything she feels suffocated in Accra with how many here seem to lack exposure, sophistication , tolerance and an urbane persona.

think you will be better off in Nigeria, believe me. Home is home,huh

what you say here confirms our different approach to life. I believe it is the duty of good Nigerians to speak against discrimination so that Nigerian Cities, like London and New York ,  can become a melting pot of cosmopolitan sophistication where every man and women , wherever they are from , can aspire to live a good life !!! It is only a prejudiced person that will say what you have said above when African nations should be aspiring to be tolerant of decent migrants. You cannot suddenly begin pretending to be civil when I know you have written many derogatory things about Nigeria and Nigerians , on this forum , in the past. Given what I have read from you in the past I do not doubt that you are not objective when you write about Nigeria. I cannot then completely believe your claim over what you allegedly faced in Nigeria.

K4 wrote:

Welcome to the noisy world of Ghana haters.

For the sake of that scum bag jona, I had wanted to paste some really gory (never-before-seen) pictures of the recent genocide in Jos. At least so that the whole world will know the barbaric tendencies of these world-acclaimed terrorists, ruthless nappy headed, pigeon drop eating negroes! I will try uploading those fascinating pictures tomorrow.

Now that al Qaeda has joined the party in Nigeria, let’s see how these unfuckingbeliavable offspring of a failed state will cope! The United Nations is in the process of declaring Nigeria a failed state destined for the dustbin and you people are here making noise. The ranting of ants, all sounds and fury, signifying nothing!
Sheshi, don’t bother your head about these clueless basketmouth look-alikes. If Nigerians have investments in Ghana, so what? And by the time Ghana kick them out-which will be soon- who will be talking about Nigerian investment? It is just a matter of time. For now, it looks as if Ghanaians don’t know what they are doing-but very soon we will see who the landlord is and who the tenant is. So keep “investing” in Ghana, after all the more the merrier,huh?

Listen to some scum bag talking about Glo and crap! Can anyone tell me how many fixed landlines exist in Nigeria today? Virtually none, because these bunch of corrupt and incompetent shulmuta ingalas have long destroyed NITEL which provided that service. Today, virtually everyone in Nigeria depends on mobile phones and you are here exposing your ignorance big time.

Another dumbass was talking about Ghanaians speaking pidgin English like Nigerians. Can you imagine that rubbish? I guess that statement vividly captures the shallowness of your infantile brain, huh? How can a people you claim hate your guts want to be like you?

I can understand some of you need a need a place(nairaland) and an object (Ghana)to vent your frustrations. And believe me there are many reasons to be particularly frustrated as a Nigerian. A missing president, unemployment officially at 80%, blacklisted for terrorism, globally acclaimed 419ners,the world’s foremost country for infant and maternal mortality, second only to Somalia for sea piracy, persistent lack of ordinary electricity, one of the most corrupt and violence-prone countries in the world….need I say more?
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2010
K4 wrote:

Vergeltungswaffen!

@Alias64, don’t try to dodge the issue that Nigerian men are now desperate to marry Ghanaian women so they can become Ghanaian citizens! And by the way, your Nigerian sister still lives under my roof,huh?

And believe me; she needs this marriage more than I do. I made her to be who she is today. I paid for her to go and get a degree in law and finish up at the law school and today she’s a very successful lawyer.

I’ve also had my fair share of Nigerian women, including some of your so-called “society” women.

I don’t have anything against Nigerians, but woe betides anyone who seeks to denigrate my country. If you wish to see me at my worst, then come and run your mouth about Ghana in my presence. I think Ghana is a great country. It is not perfect but it is a damn great country. I love my country and willing to put my life on the line for my beloved country. That is how passionate I am about my country. Everything else, including my marriage is secondary. Ghana First!

will anyone who is objective and not driven by hate for Nigerians speak about their own wife as K4 has done above? Will your wife appreciate what you wrote above ?

"your Nigerian sister lives under my roof" shocked shocked Mr. K4 , is she not , first and foremost , the woman you love ahead of being a Nigerian? Should you not protect her honour at all times instead of using her cheaply in your rants against Nigerians ? You see yourself !!! So driven by hate that you even have to use you wife's nation of origin to taunt her fellow countryfolks !!!!

This statement , below , is fu*king unbelievable and indicative of how most Ghanaian men are full of the hostility against Nigerians many talk about in this post:

"And believe me; she needs this marriage more than I do. I made her to be who she is today. I paid for her to go and get a degree in law and finish up at the law school and today she’s a very successful lawyer".

I don't even know what to say. If your wife saw the above she will cry because your disdain for Nigerians is very obvious !!! Absolutely ugly nearnderthal talk that can only be hate-inspired !!!! Like I said you should stop trying to pretend you are civil, unbiased and neutral when you are clearly not. In fact visiting your previous post makes it obvious that your claims about your time in Nigeria are probably lies aimed at presenting Nigeria as the same as Ghana when negatives are discussed . This is something you guys do very well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by erico2k2(m): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2010
I cant believe a Ghanian is here blabing off, come to the Uk,their Job is to clean the whole of UK and work in restaurants as KPs, but then again its thier choice,most people on here tend to forget ghana is a very small country relative to Nigeria so must not be compared, and for someone on here saying ghana is the place to be cos everyone is going there,I say go back to basics, try and learn what the word Social stratification is insocial studies then come back.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
K4 wrote:

Now that al Qaeda has joined the party in Nigeria, let’s see how these unfuckingbeliavable offspring of a failed state will cope! The United Nations is in the process of declaring Nigeria a failed state destined for the dustbin and you people are here making noise. The ranting of ants, all sounds and fury, signifying nothing!
Sheshi, don’t bother your head about these clueless basketmouth look-alikes. If Nigerians have investments in Ghana, so what? And by the time Ghana kick them out-which will be soon- who will be talking about Nigerian investment? It is just a matter of time. For now, it looks as if Ghanaians don’t know what they are doing-but very soon we will see who the landlord is and who the tenant is. So keep “investing” in Ghana, after all the more the merrier,huh?

Our 'unbiased' K4 is in his element , in this day and age, advocating for Nigerian investors to be kicked out of Ghana . Never mind that those investor bring propserity to Ghana through job creation, income generation, etc. Never mind also that what he demands is unjust , inhuman and wicked. He cannot see the big picture of the creation of a sophisticated Ghana (like the USA and the UK we all want to run to ) where folks from different regions of the world live together to produce cosmopolitian sophistication. He prefers to talk like like a racist ku-klux-klan member on one thread and on another thread , forgetting how easy it is to expose his previous utterances, he will pretend as if he has no problem with Nigeria and Nigerians !!!

@thread poster. The deciet of K4 I am now exposing is what you will be dealing with in Ghana i.e folks who will pretend to have no problem with Nigerians only to turn around and say/do the most awful things against Nigerians. Like K4 , when you state the discrimination you face from some Ghanaians they will state that Nigerians do the same as justification for awful things decent folks should seek to eradicate from progressive societies.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by erico2k2(m): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2010
Gbawe,
leave that idiot K4 or what ever he calls himself, dey no reach, we see ourselves here everyday in london,they are the major cleaners here,Nigerians are the Doctors,the lawyers,the Policemen,the care workers and the nurses,now if our foundation is that bad,how do we come up with such wonderful group of people, I aint saying we are perfect, but we are definately better than ghana,come on man,even the ones here I know agree.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
I believe K4 forgot about GHANA MUST GO, or mayB,he was not born then. grin grin
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Omolulu(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2010
K4  is naturally ashamed of himself as a ghanaian, how do we respect a scum bag like u that obviously doesn't respect others with respect, talking about kicking out Nigerian investment huh,  don't worry we would have Ghana-should -come bags waiting for you, Ode, Besides don't they have Ghanaland or smoe useless site like that, or their people are not smart enough to think of such,

@Gbawe
Thank you for your info on Ghana , I don't like to be treated like scum bag by other African nations cos Nigerians don't do that, nevertheless i wouldn't mind treating Houseboys like Gbawe with disdain cos it's reciprocal, K4 we don't hate you o!!! although your very biased and a hater we would always have space for u to work and accommodate your family, and spare change to go to the cybercafe and abuse Nigerians like a coward
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by bebrief(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2010
Yes dear. I have been there and I must say it's more decent than Nigeria,
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by stede(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2010
9ja life is the best
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 10:27pm On Apr 27, 2010
@k4, You're just a bleeping fool with c.u.n.t infested mouth. Will You ever make all these your comments to a Nigeria in a face to face interaction, stop boasting you coward. Who equipped your police with modern and sophiscated cars and power bikes? Though i like ghana for its cool nature. A Nigerian is beta than 10 ghanaians put together, you people are lazy/weak with no 21st century brain. Fuckoff outta Nairaland you caveman from kasua.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Ruq: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2010
I will keep saying these No matter the level of development in Ghana thay are nufin where we stand. our companies Dominates the country so wht would anyone prefer Ghana to Naija. I UNDERSTAND IF IT IS FOR ECONOMIC REASONS B

BECAUSE WHOEVER CAN LIVE IN LAGOS IN AN OK AREA CAN AFFORD TO LIVE IN GHANA OR BETTER STILL TRY ABUJA!!

NAIJA TILL I DIE NA WE RESCUE GHANA IF YOU NO KNOW THERE ARE OVER TWO MILLION NIGERIANS THERE FOR YOUR INFO. SO THATS WHY THEY HAVE GOT A LITTLE FAME!

NAIJA ANY DAY ANY TIME!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by salamander(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2010
I believe the debate is getting unpleasant at the moment. The poster just ask a simple question and need an advice on that. But is seemed people are pouring their anger and hatred at each other over this simple issue.

It is a very simple. Historically, half of Ghanaian population are from Nigeria. Before the influx of the latter-day Nigerians, there were millions of older Nigerians who are living in Ghana and consider that as their homes. When the trend changed, millions of Ghanaians trooped to Nigeria in such of greener pastures. And about 20 years down the line, the trend is changing again. Nigerians are now trooping to Ghana.

Have you ask yourselves that why is not Nigeria and Benin, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia or any other country in Africa but always Nigeria and Ghana?

We have a saying in Ghana that, "In every home there is Mensah there" (Mensah is a name of a person). What it simply means is that there are bad nuts everywhere. But it seemed Nigeria is perceived to be producing most bad nuts in the whole world. Just bear in mind that the conception of 'there is no good Nigerian' is not only in Ghana. But everywhere in the world. The Western media are not helping things since most of the time they set the agenda. Check the recent documentary on Lagos!

Ask every one who knows the history of Ghana. The most respected and trusted people during the 17th up to later part of the 20th century were Nigerians. And I'm proud to say that my great grandfather was among these people. Most of the second hand cloth business were run by Nigerians. The aluminium smelting plant, etc. And these people were working hard and legitimately in a very peace and quite environment.

But it seemed the present generation began to change the cause. They don't want to work hard but needed a lot of cash which leads to so many fraudulent ways of making money. It was so much so that, the Western world have set up special unit to deal with such crimes. And as I said earlier, the Western media give the tune, and the rest of the world back them with the chorus.

Change must come, but within us! There should be an conscious effort to RE-BRAND Nigeria. And this will come from you! I always praise the Nigeria Ambassador in Ghana for that effort of re-branding Nigeria. I wish it will become a national policy.

Ghana has her own problems, but compare to Nigeria, ours problem is nothing! And you know why? Nigeria is big in all aspect of 'biggness' and he is the Big Brother!

So come on Nija, take up your mantle and re-claim your place in the world!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by honeric01(m): 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2010
@salamander**

That was a nice preaching, so when are we collecting tithes and offerings?

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Ruq: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2010
@salamander

yeah Naija is Great so please tell people to stop comparing Ghana to us It is downgrading!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by salamander(m): 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
Ruq:

@salamander

yeah Naija is Great so please tell people to stop comparing Ghana to us It is downgrading!

Well, it is like the story of the 10 blind men who went to the zoo to 'see' an elephant. After the visit, everyone had a different perception as to how an elephant looked like.

honeric01:

@salamander**

That was a nice preaching, so when are we collecting tithes and offerings?

Send your collections through my mail, lol
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by shesi(m): 12:26am On Apr 28, 2010
I believe the debate is getting unpleasant at the moment. The poster just ask a simple question and need an advice on that. But is seemed people are pouring their anger and hatred at each other over this simple issue.

It is a very simple. Historically, half of Ghanaian population are from Nigeria. Before the influx of the latter-day Nigerians, there were millions of older Nigerians who are living in Ghana and consider that as their homes. When the trend changed, millions of Ghanaians trooped to Nigeria in such of greener pastures. And about 20 years down the line, the trend is changing again. Nigerians are now trooping to Ghana.

Have you ask yourselves that why is not Nigeria and Benin, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia or any other country in Africa but always Nigeria and Ghana?

We have a saying in Ghana that, "In every home there is Mensah there" (Mensah is a name of a person). What it simply means is that there are bad nuts everywhere. But it seemed Nigeria is perceived to be producing most bad nuts in the whole world. Just bear in mind that the conception of 'there is no good Nigerian' is not only in Ghana. But everywhere in the world. The Western media are not helping things since most of the time they set the agenda. Check the recent documentary on Lagos!

Ask every one who knows the history of Ghana. The most respected and trusted people during the 17th up to later part of the 20th century were Nigerians. And I'm proud to say that my great grandfather was among these people. Most of the second hand cloth business were run by Nigerians. The aluminium smelting plant, etc. And these people were working hard and legitimately in a very peace and quite environment.

But it seemed the present generation began to change the cause. They don't want to work hard but needed a lot of cash which leads to so many fraudulent ways of making money. It was so much so that, the Western world have set up special unit to deal with such crimes. And as I said earlier, the Western media give the tune, and the rest of the world back them with the chorus.

Change must come, but within us! There should be an conscious effort to RE-BRAND Nigeria. And this will come from you! I always praise the Nigeria Ambassador in Ghana for that effort of re-branding Nigeria. I wish it will become a national policy.

Ghana has her own problems, but compare to Nigeria, ours problem is nothing! And you know why? Nigeria is big in all aspect of 'biggness' and he is the Big Brother!

So come on Nija, take up your mantle and re-claim your place in the world!

Absolute crap.

where did you get that nonsense version of history from.

And as usual i see Gbawe representing here (like on all of the other numerous ghana hating treads) trying to disguise himself as a reasonable person. Chale, give it up. The ruse is over. you've been made out.

did i read you correctly when you said 90% of ghanaians are christians? Since when? why are you so bleeping obsessed with Ghana.

Bitter as it may be, the truth is quite simple: In today's world, you will not find ANY ghanaian youth asking a question about nigeria like the OP is asking.

that is TELLING!

You guys are good at blaming everyone else for your bad reputations. Tell me any other country that is not suspicious of nigerians? i'm waiting. Try renting a room in europe and only present your nigerian passport and see what happens.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Ruq: 12:40am On Apr 28, 2010
whatever naija still rocks than any country in africa no matter the problems
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by utotomi50(m): 3:06am On Apr 28, 2010
Compared to Nigeria, yes it is. I go to school here in Iowa State University which is an accredited college. Amazingly Ghana is listed in their study abroad program alongside the likes of spain, brazil, france, and so on. I didn't see Nigeria on the list. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by smithereen: 5:17am On Apr 28, 2010
Ol boy,
I'm just back from Ghana. At first it'll seem an ok place, but underneath, it's definitely not what it's all cracked up to be, especially since the confused Government of Attah Mills took over. But they do a great cover up before the world though. The 24/7 electricity, low corruption, lack of 419, security and all that are a whole load of bull. I may not give details, but I advise you to stay in Nigeria. It will be better worth your time, besides, I believe Naija is on the way up now.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by salamander(m): 6:29am On Apr 28, 2010
@shesi

Please dont draw me into your arguments. And there is no where in my previous submission that I said 90% of Ghanaians are Christians.

And on the history of Ghana, I believe if you have had a little patience, you will have known that the Ga people of Accra migrated from Ile Ife from Nigeria. There is a suburb in Osu called Osu Alata. The people of Gonjaland are from Northern Nigeria. The word 'Gonja' comes from a corrupted Hausa word 'Gwanja' - trading. My Hausa speaking brothers could attest to that. Go to Salaga in the North and you will see it all there.

The word 'Zongo' is actually Zango, a temporal place of abode and guest who are living there. I must say you have not taken notice or it did not occur to you that places like Tudu, Cowlane, Makola, Kasoa, Okaishie, Zongo lane, Accra Newtown (formally Lagos town) all Accra are of Nigerian origin. And it is the same thing all over the country.

There are prominent Nigerians who are deep into our politics and there are still a whole bunch of them who are holding key government positions. I can talk of the Bankoles, in the early 50' the Brimah's, in the 90's. Even our former Vice president Aliu Mahama had his root from Nigeria. For your information, our current National Chief Imam origin is from Zamfara. Come to our Mosques and guess what language is used for sermons. The list is endless. I'm telling you this on authority. I have done research on them and I'm still doing it.

As I keep saying, the issue is not about the country. It is about individuals who can make a difference. I live in a place where 90% of the people are originally from Nigeria. So it is easier for a newcomer to be roped in because of the language. Come to the streets in Accra or go to the Mosques on Fridays. All the beggars that the authorities in Lagos and elsewhere were sacking have all ended up here.

So please shesi let us be civil on the issue. As long as the world spins, we may find ourselves in different environments one time or another. And who knows, one day, the trend will change again and Ghanains will be trooping back to Nigeria!

FYI: There are people on this forum who personally know me because I hosted them in Accra . They will tell you my story
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2010
salamander:

@shesi

Please dont draw me into your arguments. And there is no where in my previous submission that I said 90% of Ghanaians are Christians.

And on the history of Ghana, I believe if you have had a little patience, you will have known that the Ga people of Accra migrated from Ile Ife from Nigeria. There is a suburb in Osu called Osu Alata. The people of Gonjaland are from Northern Nigeria. The word 'Gonja' comes from a corrupted Hausa word 'Gwanja' - trading. My Hausa speaking brothers could attest to that. Go to Salaga in the North and you will see it all there.

The word 'Zongo' is actually Zango, a temporal place of abode and guest who are living there. I must say you have not taken notice or it did not occur to you that places like Tudu, Cowlane, Makola, Kasoa, Okaishie, Zongo lane, Accra Newtown (formally Lagos town) all Accra are of Nigerian origin. And it is the same thing all over the country.

There are prominent Nigerians who are deep into our politics and there are still a whole bunch of them who are holding key government positions. I can talk of the Bankoles, in the early 50' the Brimah's, in the 90's. Even our former Vice president Aliu Mahama had his root from Nigeria. For your information, our current National Chief Imam origin is from Zamfara. Come to our Mosques and guess what language is used for sermons. The list is endless. I'm telling you this on authority. I have done research on them and I'm still doing it.

As I keep saying, the issue is not about the country. It is about individuals who can make a difference. I live in a place where 90% of the people are originally from Nigeria. So it is easier for a newcomer to be roped in because of the language. Come to the streets in Accra or go to the Mosques on Fridays. All the beggars that the authorities in Lagos and elsewhere were sacking have all ended up here.

So please shesi let us be civil on the issue. As long as the world spins, we may find ourselves in different environments one time or another. And who knows, one day, the trend will change again and Ghanains will be trooping back to Nigeria!

FYI: There are people on this forum who personally know me because I hosted them in Accra . They will tell you my story
Now this makes sence.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Akwasi(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2010
It is lack of self confidence that causes people like Gbawe to think everyone is looking down on them. I don't believe he can be serious when he implies his wife - a Ghanaian- is nice whilst all the rest 99.9999% are bad. This type of thinking comes from obsession borne out of hatred. The world and for that matter the people around you reflects back to you. If you are nice, the world is nice to you. If you are arrogant, the world is arrogant to you. If you don't respect yourself and have very low self value of yourself, the world will treat you as such.

You can believe what you want. Ghanaians are everything you dream them to be. But know that you are not the only Nigerian who has been in Ghana and if you are crying after 9years when someone had enjoyed for the past 20+ years, then you must do some self checking.

Without mincing words, I think the problem with Gbawe is lack of self confidence
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Akwasi(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2010
And to all those Nigerians who believe Ghanaians are hostile, go check 'Ghana Must Go' and you will understand a state sponsored Xenophobia
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by londoner: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2010
@gbawe, I agree with everything you have said.

Ghanaians are in denial about their own mindset . Its not just Nigerians who have complained about it either.

If a Nigerian doesn't mind enduring their petty xenophobia, then they should go ahead to Ghana and make a success of themselves legally. There is no better revenge on spitefulness than to accomplish your goals right under their noses.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
I don't have any problem with ghanaians, infact i have many ghanaian friends up till now i am in Nigeria but it baffles me to hear some ghanaians like k4 insulting Nigeria and Nigerians after all that we have done and are still doing for them. My uncle employed not less than 5 ghanaians, 3 of them are married with kids yet fools like K4 does not see that. There is one big truth most of the ghanaians usually deny and that is; before Nigerian companies/investors came to ghana, ghanaians were stripped of their hard earned Cedes by Lebanese companies such as Melcon, Lava etc, but Nigerians came and changed the quality and amount of goods and services ghanaians consumed to a high quality and cheaper rate respectively.Tema refinery is owned by a Nigerian. The list of investment contributed to Ghana Econony by Nigerians is endless. Name one successful company in Nigeria owned by a ghanaian and i will name 5 companies in Ghana owned by Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2010
I even forgot West Africa Gas Pipeline Network single handedly sponsored by Nigeria government.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2010
My prayer is that God will help us all to be gud Nigerians wherever we may find ourselves whether we are in Ghana, Uk, SA, TOGO, CHINA etc that is what matters.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by asukson(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
Hi tkb41, Am a student wit A.T.B.U. Bauchi nd i have planning to scul in Ghana. Pls dis my numb incase wen next U want to visit ghana U can help me get an application form in any of their University. 08037643339,My name is Aminu Asuku. Tanx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / Which Country Can Someone Travel With 1m / The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.