Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Before You Quit That Job!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Quit That Job!!! (10084 Views)

US Bans Worker 'Noncompete' Agreements, Making It Easier For Workers To Quit / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Quit That Job!!! by JARUSHUB: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2018
Human wants, it is said, are insatiable either by nature or nature we tend to always crave for more. In the work environment the case is not different. Either out of greed, necessities or both, man at one point or the other in his career has to change from one job to another. The idea of changing job may look simple and a positive move, it is not always the case as many people live their entire life regretting such move, especially if the movement is within one man establishments which are fraught with so many deceptions and camouflage to lure new recruits in, only to get in and be confronted with different realities. This does not rule out the fact that changing job is expected to be a progressive move until one gets a stable and well structure work environment, with a competitive pay.

It is rampant among the employed to always seek companies with bigger pay. Unfortunately many do not bother to consider other variables and components of the packages. In order not to make one’s movement a regrettable one, some salient questions needed to be raised and answered. For those moving from one job to another, it is a lesser risk compare to those quitting ‘bad’ job for nothing. This article addresses the former group and suspends the latter for subsequent article.

You have a thousand and one complaints about your current job, almost everybody does, but before you move to another job, have you bothered to make some findings about the new job, so that you won’t end up into fire from frying pan?

Are you quitting your current job because of the pay? I am not in dissonance that you should opt for a higher pay, but be very sure that where you are going actually offer higher take home in the long run.

Have you considered the ‘insignificant’ benefits your current employer offers; the L&grin opportunities; the leisure time; the comfortable work environment; the well structured system; the availability of room for growth and advancement among others? Does this new company offer all of this, or you are just being lured by their pay irrespective of the availability of other perks?

Will it be easy for you to move on from this prospective employer of yours to another in the nearest future, or you don’t think that is a factor to be put into consideration?

Their kind of business, have you taken your time to look at the prospect of the company compare to where you want to quit from? Remember companies that owe salaries don’t announce it, you discover that when you are already in, except you are smart enough to do your underground findings before you accept their offer. Your excitement to leave your current job did not allow you to find out about what welfare package they have for staff. You may be shocked that all they have for you aside your salary is their part of the pension contributions. Is that the same with where you intend leaving, or you are good to go with their gross package-salary?

There is an old saying that ‘not until a woman tries two husbands, she won’t be able to tell a better one’. In other word, as a job changer, don’t wait until you have a second job to discover a better one. Make sure you do thorough findings of the new job before you resign from your current one.

Finally, being reluctant to quit a job for another may be term as “the fear of the unknown”,especially in companies with appalling condition of work. Similarly, impatience with your current employer may be term as “impatience with the known”. Excesses of either are where the issues lie. Too much ‘fear of the unknown’ may live you condemned to a bad place of work for the rest of your life, whereas ‘impatience with the known’ might send you to a worse place of work. Drawing the line between the two extremes is a decision individual has to make. In your decision making process therefore, all the aforementioned should be given a thorough thought.

http://www.jarushub.com/what-you-must-know-before-you-quit-a-job-for-another/

6 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by BabyApple(m): 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
I quit my job few months ago. Hoping to get another one soon. Now I am regretting my action. I am jobless.

14 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Jaytecq(m): 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
noted...

nice write up, but how do you Make findings when u still tied up in one

3 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by alphaconde(m): 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
my first best moment on my job was when i got the job the next would be when i quit

3 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by sunbbo(m): 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
Good.

Apply For Sansvid M. International Entry Level Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

Sansvid M. International - Established in 2009, Sansvid M. International has partnered with international organizations and institutions to add value to many professionals, develop effective project teams that will tailor and deliver quality solutions that bring about the desired change in an organization. Sansvid M. International Entry Level Job Recruitment (10 Positions) as follows;

1.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Delta)

Click Here To View Details

2.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Edo)

3.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Sagamu)

4.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Osun)

5.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ondo)

6.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ekiti)

7.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Kwara)

8.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Abeokuta)

9.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Oyo)

10.) Entry-level Corporate Sales Representative (Ijebu Ode)

Application Closing Date: 1st July, 2018.

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/02/05/sanvid-m-international-entry-level-job-recruitment/

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Trustme2(m): 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
BabyApple:
I will comment when am ready.. Make I book space fes ,
Meaning?
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by aspirebig: 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Is ok
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Sunbassen(m): 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Good!
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by teelaw4life(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
The mindset to develop in a job is to first take it that your employer is paying you for your time and then your ability. Rich people understand the essence of time. That is why they always create multiple income streams, put people in charge and do other things with their time. If you're in a job that takes all of your time in exchange for peanuts then you don't need anyone to tell you that's a bad job.
Changing jobs or resigning is always a tough decision. It should be based on adequate considerations, weighing of the pros and cons.
at the end of it all, you should know that there's no guarantee in life. Make a decision and stand by it.

P.S: the amount of effort and time people spend working for others, if they put the same amount of energy into starting up and running their own business, I'm pretty sure the reward will be massive.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by aderonkedeborah(f): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Thanks
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by geostrata(m): 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
kk
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by deleOgun: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Don't quit until you get good Job.
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by chuks34(m): 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Work wahala just tire me
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by 2babakizzy: 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
THis is just referred to me grin

Neverthless, the line is drawn
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Lemmejoor(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
Some times when you get something good, wait and enjoy it. Dont always wish for something better

4 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by daywatcher: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
BabyApple:
I quit my job few months ago. Hoping to get another one soon. Now I am regretting my action. I am jobless.

i will be joining the club soon...am in my last month where I am

1 Like

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by LekkiG: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
fact, Although, self employed is still the best.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by sexdoll: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
BabyApple:

obviously, you didn't do your homework well before quitting.

what was your plan B?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by chubysoft1(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
When you make your salary your only source of income, you are in BIG TROUBLE!

5 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Liverpoolfc(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
when i make decision, i dont regret it no matter the outcome.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Dearlord(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Good Point But U Forgot To Add "prayer And Passion " And Knowing If It Is Buhari Era Or Not.
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Liverpoolfc:
when i make decision, i dont regret it no matter the outcome.

I like this. We are alike cool

1 Like

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by BestWifeyAni: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Alright
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by scipy: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
I take it as this post is referring to me atm
I am about changing job come next week, though I have done extensive background checks, I still get some eerie feelings and subtle warnings -such as this post - about not changing.
On paper, the new place seems better - according to the research done - but then, these subtle warnings keep coming

I already accepted the offer tho
So any change in position might make me look irresponsible and unreliable
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Onyenna(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nice write-up.....

I wrote some exams after my NYSC, passed but never got the job....

.....l later started my own hustling... First, with 2nd hand tyres and later, transportation[which I'm still doing till date].....

**Now, if someone offers me a job of N200k a month, I'll quietly turn it down... ***

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Emmanuel602(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2018
Onyenna:
Nice write-up.....

I wrote some exams after my NYSC, passed but never got the job....

.....l later started my own hustling... First, with 2nd hand tyres and later, transportation[which I'm still doing till date].....

**Now, if someone offers me a job of N200k a month, I'll quietly turn it down... ***

I'm inspired Boss

6 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2018
i almost make this mistake sometimes last year, but at die minute, something held me back....to my surprise, i got promoted and there was a great increase in my monthly pay. maybe i will be regretting my action by now cos the company i work with is growing faster.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by IamEmem(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2018
Well, leaving a current employer to another is a risk
and one must be prepared to take risk.
You must have built some financial back up to sustain for a while before quitting your current job.
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by Doerstech(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Before You Quit That Job!!! by EFGH: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
I am also in the same dilemma right now, my current place of work is just so awkward.
Can you imagine I work 12hrs daily including weekends?
Besides the take home pay is just nothing to write home about.
I am seriously thinking of how to raise money and start up a production business.
May God help everyone facing challenges in their current place of work, Amen!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advise Me: What Is The Best Course A Female Philosophy Graduate Do At Masters? / Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Salaries In Cross River State / How To Start Soft Drinks And Juice Distributorship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.