Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out (22895 Views)

Liberian President, George Weah Concedes Election Defeat To Joseph Boakai / Liberian President Whines Waist, Jumps Up As He Dances To Buga Song (Pix, Video) / Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
APC don give this guy tutorial

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by bejick(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2018
he should meet bubu for dullardi.hno advice. what am i even saying. blind leading the blind.

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by tekena13(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2018
Before nko na Solomon Island you want acquire grin grin grin, my friend that is why you were elected in the first place

Believe me Africans whether old or young, rich or poor, uneducated or not will never disappoint with their blame game

Blaming everyone else aside themselves...
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by joeGH: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2018
So Mr Weah has started complaining already?...So which Africa successor ever inherits wealth from its predecessor... Yet still, u ll see them in luxury in a moment to come.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by TEYA: 11:42am On Feb 21, 2018
ThisTrend:
Your Job is to make it rich and standout in every aspect...

Whereas, your colleague "Buhari" acquired a Rich/Goroius Nation with enormous Success counts (then), then turn it to a ShitHole One...

What can we do than call on 2019, to come up quick.

#KillBuhari #SendBabaToDaura
How was Nigeria rich before Buhari? We were so rich that we were borrowing money to pay salaries, that's how rich we were.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by DONADAMS(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2018
bubu's brother
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Jokerman(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Why all these blames again We Africans sef....
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 21, 2018
A lot of sick people on this thread...so you want him to say all is well when nothing is well...A country that just a couple of years ago resigned to nature to tackle Ebol epidemic. If your mentor did not fail bigly Buhari and APC will not use him as excuse for their own failure. Your underlying psycosis and urge to defend your failed hero cannot be use as yardstick for greater humanity...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Jaytecq(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2018
ok
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Mandynews(f): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2018
When you were rushing to rule as president nko?

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2018
why must every president in Africa cry this same cry....is it that they are not prepared or dnt know what to do? this guy should better not disappoint his fellow country men and women.....

2 Likes

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2018
thanks wrah for letting us know you bought your presidency, well roll up your sleeves and work, this aint soccer you have more than 11 opponents to overcome.

lets see if you can do better than sirleaf.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by bigtt76(f): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2018
Buh ....this is the usual story naaa! Nothing new

Mediablare:
New President of Liberia, George Weah, Tuesday said he acquired a “broke nation” from his forerunner, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

He, notwithstanding, vowed to battle endemic debasement in the nation.

George Weah, who assumed control office on January 22, is looked with a critical financial circumstance following two common wars and a fatal Ebola pestilence that softened out up the nation a few years back.

He told journalists in Paris, France, where he is at present on official visit, “I acquired a nation that is exceptionally down and out, drained by political misbehavior. We need to ensure that the things that happened won’t occur once more.

Weah also said his top priority as president was education for young people, who represent 60 percent of 4.7 million Liberians.
He added, “I believe in education. Yes, I didn’t have the opportunity in my early days but after my carrier I went back to school. Today I can boast of a masters degree.”

“Liberia is the oldest African country but we don’t have an engineering school. We don’t even have a diagnosis centre to tell if someone has Ebola,” Weah said, vowing to do more to get children in school and “to leave the street”.

Weah is relied upon to meet with French President, Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday at the Elysee Palace, alongside a few games figures, and Vice President of the World Bank for Africa, Makhtar Diop.

https://mediablare.com/i-acquired-a-broke-nation-liberian-president-george-weah-shouts-out/

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by gbadekunle(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2018
Please is that somebody's head in the second picture? Wawawaoh!
eleojo23:
shocked

The APC members who attended his inauguration ceremony must have infected him with the "blame game" virus.

Too bad
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by FrancisIgya: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2018
That has been the trend in Africa.Get elected, squander the resources and leave nothing for your successor.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by bareal(m): 11:50am On Feb 21, 2018
Which kind thing be all dis sef? So you don't know what you are getting into before you dey promise heaven and earth? Why are African leaders so impossible! Gosh!

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by MacBan: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2018
Of course the man has to cry out for help.... how do u people want him to get aids from foreign nations?? It definitely can't be by boasting. The most important thing is utilizing these aids to better his country.... which I hope he does.

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by NairaMaster1(m): 11:53am On Feb 21, 2018
Really?

Liberia has entered one chance train like Nigeria.

Was Liberia, the Ebola ravaged rich after the civil war?

You have seen the reality of governance.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2018
You didn't know it was broken before you ran for presidency? Buhari and APC blame syndrome. Smh
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by refreshrate: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2018
nwanne buhari
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by kokomilala(m): 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
I respect Weah and wish him every success. But, hey, here we go again! He's putting in his excuse early enough. Any leader who aspires to a position must learn to stand alone, abandon the past like a stranded vessel. You can't expect to win a race looking back.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Duru009(m): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2018
The "blame game" just started !!
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by plainol(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Mr Weah, do you meet scored goals or you work for them? Stop being a Buharist. Its a sign of disaster.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by SirLakes: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Are you kidiney me grin

Dont tell me you've been infected with blameosis, just like buhari
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Bluffly: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry

Shut up George and man up. Don't be like Buhari.
If Liberia was better, you wouldn't have gotten there in the first place.
So fix the problems and make a name for yourself.
Who are you to say he wouldn't have gotten there. Are you his maker.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Biggaboi(m): 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
4.7Million people in Liberia? That's not even half of the population of Lagos State which is just one of 36 in Nigeria. Ambode, an ordinary governor, governs a lot more than President Weah! grin grin

Goodluck to him in his new role!

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by hilaryCU(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
thesicilian:
The blame game has started.
Lol
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by GreatrAnalyst: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nigerian politicians style; pass the blame, play the game!
If everything is okay with a leadership seat, then an incoming person is possibly not needed. That's what a political ruler, sorry leader in Africa should imbibe.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by ugbede69(m): 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
APC has corrupted Liberia..... I weep for my continent
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by DWJOBScom(m): 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
thesicilian:
The blame game has started.

I really hope he doesn't fail.....

Let's find someone we can really reference to good governance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Admits Jamal Khashoggi Killed In Istanbul Consulate / US Drone Strike Kills Senior Iran-Backed Militia Leader In Baghdad (Photos) / Trump Posts That He Won't Debate Harris Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.