Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out (22785 Views)

Liberian President, George Weah Concedes Election Defeat To Joseph Boakai / Liberian President Whines Waist, Jumps Up As He Dances To Buga Song (Pix, Video) / Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by tosyne2much(m): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
babadem2much:
Liberia is broke, say it without mincing words.... I stayed in that country for 2 years, though the have a better living condition if you're not lazy. They have just two universities one was built by IBB, they still have the highest rubber plantation with little of oil.
Weah you are loved by your people, so no fall their hand abeg you
Chaiiii... Imagine just two universities in a nation

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Mediablare:
New President of Liberia, George Weah, Tuesday said he acquired a “broke nation” from his forerunner, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

He, notwithstanding, vowed to battle endemic debasement in the nation.

George Weah, who assumed control office on January 22, is looked with a critical financial circumstance following two common wars and a fatal Ebola pestilence that softened out up the nation a few years back.

He told journalists in Paris, France, where he is at present on official visit, “I acquired a nation that is exceptionally down and out, drained by political misbehavior. We need to ensure that the things that happened won’t occur once more.

Weah also said his top priority as president was education for young people, who represent 60 percent of 4.7 million Liberians.
He added, “I believe in education. Yes, I didn’t have the opportunity in my early days but after my carrier I went back to school. Today I can boast of a masters degree.”

“Liberia is the oldest African country but we don’t have an engineering school. We don’t even have a diagnosis centre to tell if someone has Ebola,” Weah said, vowing to do more to get children in school and “to leave the street”.

Weah is relied upon to meet with French President, Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday at the Elysee Palace, alongside a few games figures, and Vice President of the World Bank for Africa, Makhtar Diop.

https://mediablare.com/i-acquired-a-broke-nation-liberian-president-george-weah-shouts-out/

FACTS
1: Liberia is worse than Nigeria.. Oldest African Nation Title
2: Liberia has been plundered of precious resources by nations of the west and Liberian Political Elites
3: George Weah is not laying blame on anyone.. he is simply putting things into perspective before people start having false hopes the way APC promises Heaven on Earth instead of simply telling Nigerians the Truth.
4: He has picked a primary agenda to fulfill unlike some dog and baboon president who picked 40 and achieved none
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
That was like what Buhari inherited.

Tell them the truth so that they would understand why they are suffering when you are engaged in the business of repairing the damage - even though many of the gullible would be deceived that you are the cause of their pain.

Buhari suffered the same fate but fortunately we are now seeing light at the end of the tunnel - this explains why his detractors are now in panic mode and doing their very best to discredit him, through media propaganda, afraid that he may succeed once his policies come into fruition before the general elections.

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by santricedupas(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
eleojo23:
shocked

The APC members who attended his inauguration ceremony must have infected him with the "blame game" virus.

Too bad

especially okorohawusa
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by dandollaz: 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
thesicilian:
The blame game has started.
But he promised to fix it
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by superlanny(m): 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Better that you spoke out now, so that when the change your people seek is not done fast and perfect, your people won't eat you alive, I guess liberians are more sensible than Nigerians and a particular tribe. You expect magic to be done with an almost destroyed purse.

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Topshow2010(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
So this one too wan start the blame game like our bubu here .I hope Liberians Neva enter one chance oo ;DSo this one too wan start the blame game like our bubu here .I hope Liberians Neva enter one chance oo
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Caseless: 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
babadem2much:
Liberia is broke, say it without mincing words.... I stayed in that country for 2 years, though the have a better living condition if you're not lazy. They have just two universities one was built by IBB, they still have the highest rubber plantation with little of oil.
Weah you are loved by your people, so no fall their hand abeg you
ibb?

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
George Weah,

That should be enough lamentation. It will be unforgivable if you once again go to a foreign soil and expose the weakness of your own people. Your responsibility as a leader of your people in the next 4 to 8 years is to generate resources from your country and her people and develop them and make them a happier people than Nigerians and make sure you do not borrow money from the West and her institutions but ensure you pay off the entire loans and re-position that great country to a pride of place on the surface of Mother Earth.

Do not be like Buhari, for he is too good to be true.

3 Likes

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by thesicilian: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
dandollaz:

But he promised to fix it
Just like we were promised here also.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by felix10(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
So u think say money dey there before.What main resources does Liberia produce.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by AngelicBeing: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
buffalowings4:
Hmm
Reminds me of one kunu sipping dullard.
I forget his name tongue
When the going gets tough they start apportioning blame.

She did her part..
Do your part
You still got six years
We not here to listen to lamentations
You are the wisest guy on this thread tongue
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2018
Mediablare:
New President of Liberia, George Weah, Tuesday said he acquired a “broke nation” from his forerunner, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

George Weah, who assumed control office on January 22, is looked with a critical financial circumstance following two common wars and a fatal Ebola pestilence that softened out up the nation a few years back.

He told journalists in Paris, France, where he is at present on official visit, “I acquired a nation that is exceptionally down and out, drained by political misbehavior. We need to ensure that the things that happened won’t occur once more.

Weah also said his top priority as president was education for young people, who represent 60 percent of 4.7 million Liberians.
He added, “I believe in education. Yes, I didn’t have the opportunity in my early days but after my carrier I went back to school. Today I can boast of a masters degree.”

“Liberia is the oldest African country
Wrong Weah. Liberia is Africa's oldest Republic. NOT Africa's oldest country. There is a difference. That honour belongs to good old Ethiopia. Isn't that so @Hati13?

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by bigfish3k: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
u thought there was money, and now u have seen that there is no money, and u cant work without money

then RESIGN, so that somebody that can work without money to take over, mtchew.
all of u will be rushing o be president without any plan, only to come and start reeling out excuses for non performance. and worst still selfishness will still not allow them to resign

AFRICANS
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
felix10:
So u think say money dey there before.What main resources does Liberia produce.
Iron Ore. smiley Foreign aids and grants-Africa's greatest natural resources-too.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
bigfish3k:
u thought there was money, and now u have seen that there is no money, and u cant work without money

then RESIGN, so that somebody that can work without money to take over, mtchew.
all of u will be rushing o be president without any plan, only to come and start reeling out excuses for non performance. and worst still selfishness will still not allow them to resign

AFRICANS
He should go and read Lee Kuan Yew's classic. To have an idea what to do...
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Awoo88: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hope this guy is not trying to play Buhari on the people who voted him in? Covering incompetence with blames
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Honestagbons(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
thesicilian:
The blame game has started.
he have already started it,carrie on
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by egoldman(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Weah plz dont start like this .
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
mansakhalifa:
Wrong Weah. Liberia is Africa's oldest Republic. NOT Africa's oldest country. There is a difference. That honour belongs to good old Ethiopia. Isn't that so @Hati13?
I think it's either Egypt or Sudan who is the oldest African country. Ethiopia is ONE OF THE oldest country in Africa and world.

Ethiopia is the oldest independent African country though.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
NA SO THIS GOVERNMENT START, NOW SEE WHERE DEMAND DON CARRY US REACH. WHEN YOU WERE GOING FOR THE POSITION, YOU NO KNOW SAY NA PROBLEM YOU COME SOLVE.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by win2kwire: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Next time ask for bank statement before you enter election!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by bikefab(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
The drama has started...naija style.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by tk4rd: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
He sounds Familiar..
I won't say I'm smelling blame-games and future Recession in that country.
I won't say it at-all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by oderemo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nigeria should just amalgamate Liberia.
Lobatan.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
Mediablare:

“Liberia is the oldest African country but we don’t have an engineering school. We don’t even have a diagnosis centre to tell if someone has Ebola,” Weah said, vowing to do more to get children in school and “to leave the street”.

Weah is relied upon to meet with French President, Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday at the Elysee Palace, Aloysius a few games figures, and Vice President of the World Bank for Africa, Makhtar Diop.

https://mediablare.com/i-acquired-a-broke-nation-liberian-president-george-weah-shouts-out/
George Weah, AKA Buhari Mohammedu
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
It's time to reposition the Liberian economy. Entrepreneurship and business is the way to go.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by 3RNEST(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
I saw this cominq, no wonder the old woman turn over to easily!! grin
my men WEAH dont give us oh...its your time, make money and shine! grin
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by babadem2much(m): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
Chaiiii... Imagine just two universities in a nation

Tosyne2much I was there for two years, one is in monsterado county while the other is in Kakata... If there's a Liberian in this forum then he should qoute me.
We are blessed but don't appreciate, that country is just regaining from the war
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by babadem2much(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Caseless:
ibb?

Yes I repeat one was built by IBB during the time of Samuel Doe his friend
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by tosyne2much(m): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
babadem2much:

Tosyne2much I was there for two years, one is in monsterado county while the other is in Kakata... If there's a Liberian in this forum then he should qoute me.
We are blessed but don't appreciate, that country is just regaining from the war
[i] Oga oooooo... It means we are richly blessed in this nation yet we do things inappropriately

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Levels Boko Haram's Hideout, Kills 6 Over Killing Of Lieutenant In Borno / Two Trump Lieutenants Found Guilty, President Implicated / Russia Retaliates, Expels 85 Foreign Diplomats. France, 34. Spain 27. Italy 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.