Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out (22784 Views)

Liberian President, George Weah Concedes Election Defeat To Joseph Boakai / Liberian President Whines Waist, Jumps Up As He Dances To Buga Song (Pix, Video) / Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Xtopher123(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
Over 90% of people commenting here never read the post..

Bunch of Dullards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
African leaders always complaining, why?
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 22, 2018
Hati13:

I think it's either Egypt or Sudan who is the oldest African country. Ethiopia is ONE OF THE oldest country in Africa and world.

Ethiopia is the oldest independent African country though.
I don't agree. However you look at it. It will always be Ethiopia. A lot has changed in Egypt. The fact that Egypt was colonised by Britain between 1882 & 1922 puts Egypt out of contention for the title of oldest African country. Same goes for Sudan. First,it was a vassalage of Muhammed Ali's Egypt from 1825 to 1898 from which it came under joint British and Egyptian rule as Anglo-Egyptian Sudan. Sudan did not become independent until 1956. Ethiopia on the other hand has enjoyed an a long and unbroken period of continuous existence as an independent State. Longer than any other African country and comparable to that of Japan (661 BC),China (221Bc) and San Marino,three of the oldest countries in the world. Take it from me my friend Ethiopia is indeed Africa's OLDEST country. Egypt and Sudan don't stand a chance.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by osewadare(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2018
George weah!.. Forget the past and use your present well so that the next regime won't have to blame you too

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 22, 2018
Hati13 I am thinking we should open a thread on that issue. What do you think?
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
mansakhalifa:
I don't agree. However you look at it. It will always be Ethiopia. A lot has changed in Egypt. The fact that Egypt was colonised by Britain between 1882 & 1922 puts Egypt out of contention for the title of oldest African country. Same goes for Sudan. First,it was a vassalage of Muhammed Ali's Egypt from 1825 to 1898 from which it came under joint British and Egyptian rule as Anglo-Egyptian Sudan. Sudan did not become independent until 1956. Ethiopia on the other hand has enjoyed an a long and unbroken period of continuous existence as an independent State. Longer than any other African country and comparable to that of Japan (661 BC),China (221Bc) and San Marino,three of the oldest countries in the world. Take it from me my friend Ethiopia is indeed Africa's OLDEST country. Egypt and Sudan don't stand a chance.
But the colonization of Egypt and Sudan won't affect there age. There civilizations are older than Ethiopia. This is why they are older. Ethiopia is one of the oldest country, but not older than the 2.

Ethiopia independence is longer than another African country and for this they are the oldest independent African country.

It's a debatable question.
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
mansakhalifa:
Hati13 I am thinking we should open a thread on that issue. What do you think?
Ok let's open it

1 Like

Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hati13:

Ok let's open it
I agree. It is a very debatable topic. What do we title the post?
Re: I Acquired A ‘broke Nation’ – Liberian President, George Weah Shouts Out by 3RNEST(m): 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
tosyne2much:
Chaiiii... Imagine just two universities in a nation
grin its more than two bro...

Google and see....
Cuttington and UL are the best so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Levels Boko Haram's Hideout, Kills 6 Over Killing Of Lieutenant In Borno / Two Trump Lieutenants Found Guilty, President Implicated / Russia Retaliates, Expels 85 Foreign Diplomats. France, 34. Spain 27. Italy 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.