Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. (8693 Views)

Tunji Braithwaite dead / Unmasking Deux Projects Ltd, Dr. Tunji Olowolafe, The Masquerades Behind Fashola / Fashola Ally, Olowolafe Is On Board Of Eko Electricity Distribution - Shame APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by buffox: 1:11am On Apr 24, 2010
http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3252.html

[size=13pt]EFCC arrests one of Gov Fashola's fronts[/size]

The Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola, may be heading for serious trouble as the EFCC on Friday arrested one of his fronts , and close pal used to execute dodgy contracts, Olowolofe Olatunji.

Pointblanknews. Com learnt that Olatunji was picked up Friday evening in connection with multi- billion naira project he is handling in the state's health and education ministr ies.

Pointblanknews. Com also learnt that Olatunji used his firm, Deux Projects to comer several juicy and iflated contracts from his pal Fashola.

According to our source, the state Government has so far paid over N10 billion as mobisation fee to Olatunji who most times fails to deliver.

Our source revealed that Olatunji got 27 education ministry contracts and three contracts from the education ministry.

It was learnt that Deux Projects which is one of the strings of dodgy contractors used by Fashola, was expected to handle the rehabilitation of some hospitals and schools in the state.

Some of the expectations included purchase of very high tech machines and equipment for state hospitals.

When a group of concerned lagosians urged the state lawmakers to probe Fashola, some of his cronies went to court to block it.

They tagged it a distraction. Consequently the group took it's case to the EFCC.

Efforts to get the commission's spokesman , Femi Babafemi late Friday to speak on the development, was not successful as calls to his cell phone were not answered
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by doyin13(m): 1:29am On Apr 24, 2010
His surname is quite apt isn't it cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Ibime(m): 1:37am On Apr 24, 2010
buffox:

Our source revealed that Olatunji got 27 education ministry contracts and three contracts from the education ministry.

Nigerian journalism is dead!
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Sagamite(m): 1:38am On Apr 24, 2010
Ibime:

Nigerian journalism is dead!

It is packed with utter morons! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by buffox: 1:39am On Apr 24, 2010
^^

Tell me about it! These guys are just a disgrace. The only thing worth holding unto in this story is that someone was arrested!
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by jumobi1(m): 1:44am On Apr 24, 2010
They meant health.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Ibime(m): 1:45am On Apr 24, 2010
^^^ Dont they have anyone to proof-read their stuff before printing?
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by buffox: 1:47am On Apr 24, 2010
jumobi1:

They meant health.

Thats the point! We know they meant something else. But its journalism, what you put out there is very key.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Shock(m): 1:47am On Apr 24, 2010
jumobi1:

They meant health.

seriously? and you know this because?

still lmfao
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Sagamite(m): 1:55am On Apr 24, 2010
Ibime:

^^^ Dont they have anyone to proof-read their stuff before printing?

Unfortunately they do not have public emails, I would love to take a few minutes from my precious time to let them know individually what I think of their training, capability and intelligence.

Bloody swines!
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 2:16am On Apr 24, 2010
if these people are trying to frame fashola, the least they can do is to get their stories straight. How can Fashola be responsible for contracts being handled by the Minister of Education?
If this man is really connected with money laundering in Lagos state, i suspect this guy to be one of Tinubu's associates who was awarded contract during Tinubu that have yet to be completed. There have been some health facilities have been commissioned by Fashola admistration, so it's not like Fashola has not been using money meant for health accordingly.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by buffox: 2:28am On Apr 24, 2010
[size=13pt]EFCC Arrests Lagos Contractor[/size]

The probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission into allegations of corruption and financial mismanagement by the administration of Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has ensnared its first casualty with the arrest of one of the state’s major contractors, Dr. Tunji Olowolafe by the commission.

Confirming Olowolafe’s arrest yesterday, EFCC spokesman, Femi Babafemi said he was being held in connection with the investigation by the commission following the petition submitted by the True Face of Lagos, a group which has been at the vanguard of exposing corruption in the state.

Olowolafe, it was learnt, was arrested at about 5.00pm yesterday in connection with a N20 billion contract, and was subsequently detained in Abuja.
Olowolafe, through his company, Deux Project, is said to have had his hand on the pulse in Lagos State for several years dating back to the administration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in 2005.

His Deux international company was said to have got contracts for the supply of health facilities, rehabilitation of hospitals and was known to be currently working at the Gbagada General Hospital.
The company was alleged to have supplied the hospital with medical equipment and furnished its Cardiac Centre at a cost of 14 million pounds. He was similarly said to have constructed roads and drainages within the hospital.

Fondly called Lafe in Lagos government circles, Olowolafe has also worked for the Federal Government and some other state governments for over 20 years. Sources in government circles said last night that he handled major contracts for the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).

On Thursday this week while addressing a group of protesters that calls itself the True Face of Lagos at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja, the Commission’s Chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, had said the EFCC was working on the series of petitions by the group to it on allegations of corruption against the Fashola administration.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=171711
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 2:35am On Apr 24, 2010
buffox:

[size=13pt]EFCC Arrests Lagos Contractor[/size]

The probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission into allegations of corruption and financial mismanagement by the administration of Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has ensnared its first casualty with the arrest of one of the state’s major contractors, Dr. Tunji Olowolafe by the commission.

Confirming Olowolafe’s arrest yesterday, EFCC spokesman, Femi Babafemi said he was being held in connection with the investigation by the commission following the petition submitted by the True Face of Lagos, a group which has been at the vanguard of exposing corruption in the state.

Olowolafe, it was learnt, was arrested at about 5.00pm yesterday in connection with a N20 billion contract, and was subsequently detained in Abuja.
Olowolafe, through his company, Deux Project, is said to have had his hand on the pulse in Lagos State for several years dating back to the administration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in 2005.

His Deux international company was said to have got contracts for the supply of health facilities, rehabilitation of hospitals and was known to be currently working at the Gbagada General Hospital.
The company was alleged to have supplied the hospital with medical equipment and furnished its Cardiac Centre at a cost of 14 million pounds. He was similarly said to have constructed roads and drainages within the hospital.

Fondly called Lafe in Lagos government circles, Olowolafe has also worked for the Federal Government and some other state governments for over 20 years. Sources in government circles said last night that he handled major contracts for the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).

On Thursday this week while addressing a group of protesters that calls itself the True Face of Lagos at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja, the Commission’s Chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, had said the EFCC was working on the series of petitions by the group to it on allegations of corruption against the Fashola administration.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=171711

Exactly. As I said this guy must be linked with Tinubu. I bet Tinubu has been making sure that this guy gets contracts. Maybe this whole probe thing will actually help Fashola by removing all the agents of Tinubu that are being used to siphon away money from Lagos State.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Apr 24, 2010
trueword:

Exactly. As I said this guy must be linked with Tinubu. I[b] bet Tinubu has been making sure that this guy gets contracts.[/b] Maybe this whole probe thing will actually help Fashola by removing all the agents of Tinubu that are being used to siphon away money from Lagos State.

But if this man was able to get contracts through Tinubu, during this Administration, don't you see that that could potentially be a problem for the governor himself?
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by doyin13(m): 2:50am On Apr 24, 2010
Good Good. . .Make them investigate all of them well well.

Make I know whether I go comot hand for inside Naija matter
pata pata.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by buffox: 2:55am On Apr 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But if the man was able to get continue getting contracts through Tinubua UNDER Fashola's Administration, don't you see that that could potentially be a problem for the governor himself?

Its problem for everybody but Tinubu. His case file has been sealed and in the waiting, but for his political prostitution in abuja. Fashola has got this carry on his own. Even if Tinubu had a share of all these, he was the on signing the cheques.They intelligently would not go as far as getting the governor arrested next year, if not, it might just be the start of an interesting drama.

I am pained though. . .no hope for naija again.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by SkyBlue1: 2:57am On Apr 24, 2010
Could this issue be addressed with expediency once and for all already so we know what is true and what isn't. Is he guilty or not? Let it be known before next elections and not after. Fashola has been one of the very few performing governors in the country and it would be quite disgusting if this turns out to be a PDP attempt at distraction before next elections. On the other hand, if it turns out to be true, then that is quite disappointing. The silence did not help.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Apr 24, 2010
buffox:

Its problem for everybody but Tinubu. His case file has been sealed and in the waiting, but for his political prostitution in abuja. Fashola has got this carry on his own. Even if Tinubu had a share of all these, he was the on signing the cheques.They intelligently would not go as far as getting the governor arrested next year, if not, it might just be the start of an interesting drama.

I am pained though. . .no hope for naija again.

I don't know much about deux Projects part in all this, but I have a feeling this does not go up to the governor himself. I mean, it may to some point, but I sort of think he will not be fingered in this. But I do fault him for letting this go on for as long as it has. He is a PUBLIC SERVANT, in a state where over 75% of revenue is from the private pockets of citizens and companies. He is accountable to the people and there is absolutely no reason why the people should be left in the dark when it comes to how their money is being used and where it goes.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 3:08am On Apr 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But if this man was able to get contracts through Tinubu, during this Administration, don't you see that that could potentially be a problem for the governor himself?

well, we will have to wait and see to know whether any contracts were awarded to him directly by Fashola admin, or if they were ones already in existence before Fashola took over.

If there were any given to him by Fashola admin, i would suspect that they were given in the very early parts of his administration, when he was still learning and maybe felt compelled to please Tinubu. Now that he has accomplished things which lagosians can attest to I don't think he will feel compelled to please Tinubu, because he could probably win 2nd term without Tinubu.  Lots of speculation is that the rift between Fashola and Tinubu began when he refused to renew the contract for the Alpha Beta company.

Since BRF is keeping quiet about all of this, I hope that there is something that he knows that the rest of us don't which allows him to sleep well at night.  If Fashola began to respond to all this, it would be a distraction to his government, which is what PDP and his enemies want. If he responds this will generate a lot of buzz and may continue until next years election with everyone talking abou it. So it's better to not give this more press coverage .
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Apr 24, 2010
trueword:

well, we will have to wait and see to know whether any contracts were awarded to him directly by Fashola admin, or if they were ones already in existence before Fashola took over.

[b]If there were any given to him by Fashola admin, i would suspect that they were given in the very early parts of his administration, when he was still learning and maybe felt compelled to please Tinubu.[\b]
I don't believe the Law cares if he did it to please Sango or Orunmila . . . If he is guilty, he is guilty! No Excuses!

trueword:

Now that he has accomplished things which lagosians can attest to I don't think he will feel compelled to please Tinubu, because he could probably win 2nd term without Tinubu. Lots of speculation is that the rift between Fashola and Tinubu began when he refused to renew the contract for the Alpha Beta company.

I don't it matters what their personal relationship or issues are, I think and believe Lagosians are more concerned on knowing what happened to their money and how it has been spent so far. If it was misused by the administration, then it should answer to it rather than come back with the "MY DETRACTORS" card as excuse. Government is no one's family business and so should not be treated in such a way.

trueword:

Since BRF is keeping quiet about all of this, I hope that there is something that he knows that the rest of us don't which allows him to sleep well at night. If Fashola began to respond to all this, it would be a distraction to his government, which is what PDP and his enemies want. If he responds this will generate a lot of buzz and may continue until next years election with everyone talking abou it. So it's better to not give this more press coverage .
He is FIRST AND FOREMOST a governor in a democratic state; a State that with over 75% of revenue is from tax payer money. Regardless of his personal beef with PDP or whatever else we will bring up here, he has to, at all times, understand he is accountable to the people of Lagos. So, it is his DUTY as governor to respond to questions from the people, even the members of the public who happen to vote PDP.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't believe the Law cares if he did it to please Sango or Orunmila . . . If he is guilty, he is guilty! No Excuses!

I don't it matters what their personal relationship or issues are, I think and believe Lagosians are more concerned on knowing what happened to their money and how it has been spent so far. If it was misused by the administration, then it should answer to it rather than come back with the "MY DETRACTORS" card as excuse. Government is no one's family business and so should not be treated in such a way.
He is FIRST AND FOREMOST a governor in a democratic state; a State that with over 75% of revenue is from tax payer money. Regardless of his personal beef with PDP or whatever else we will bring up here, he has to, at all times, understand he is accountable to the people of Lagos. So, it is his DUTY as governor to respond to questions from the people, even the members of the public who happen to vote PDP.

He does not have to say nothing until it is time. He will not succumb to the likes of you who want him to engage in a battle with these people all over the media and distract him from his work. Lagosians can SEE where their tax money is going. You are just too much. finally lagos gets a performing governor and you will look for everyway to bring his downfall. Just because BRF is not saying anyting does not mean that he is hiding something. IBB looted away $12 billion, but he is out everywhere claiming he did not.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by marvix(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2010
Its very funny 2 c pple tryin 2 justify Fashola, my take on this is dat investigations shld go on nd evidences tried in a law court we don't nid sensationalisation of issues nd dis is also wat I xpect wen allegations are made against non performing govs.

I hav said it b4 n dis forum dat all hav sinned, the system allows nd even encourage corruption nd I'm very sure he wld b culpable but then wat is there 2 celebrate, because even if he is impeached nd taken to jail d nxt person wil just b smarter nd mayb worse because he wldnt want anyone complainin so will ensure he loots more nd settle evrybody an xample in recent times is Etteh vs Bankole.

If we don't correct d fundamentals dat allow corruption as a norm we will kip gettin news lik dis.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 9:48am On Apr 24, 2010
marvix:

Its very funny 2 c pple tryin 2 justify Fashola, my take on this is dat investigations shld go on nd evidences tried in a law court we don't nid sensationalisation of issues nd dis is also wat I xpect wen allegations are made against non performing govs.

I hav said it b4 n dis forum dat all hav sinned, the system allows nd even encourage corruption nd I'm very sure he wld b culpable but then wat is there 2 celebrate, because even if he is impeached nd taken to jail d nxt person wil just b smarter nd mayb worse because he wldnt want anyone complainin so will ensure he loots more nd settle evrybody an xample in recent times is Etteh vs Bankole.

If we don't correct d fundamentals dat allow corruption as a norm we will kip gettin news lik dis.

Exactly. what if we end up getting someone worse. will lagosians really be better off with someone that will simply loot state treasury?
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by 4tune1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2010
When are we going to have True face of Nigeria? There are lot of thieves to expose o.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2010
trueword:

He does not have to say nothing until it is time. He will not succumb to the likes of you who want him to engage in a battle with these people all over the media and distract him from his work. Lagosians can SEE where their tax money is going. You are just too much. finally lagos gets a performing governor and you will look for everyway to bring his downfall. Just because BRF is not saying anyting does not mean that he is hiding something. IBB looted away $12 billion, but he is out everywhere claiming he did not.

May I suggest you spend some actual time learning of democracy, your state constitution and maybe hanging out with some of the taxpayers who have taken it upon themselves to learn their right and what the Government ought to do for them? There is no point I continuing this back and forth with you since it is all too clear that you are willing to offer up conjecture and excuses rather than solid reasoning in the way of this issue

http://www.ipu.org/cnl-e/161-dem.htm

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436030.0.html
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
Nigerians must come to grips with the fact that their country is a colonial contraption that needs serious and urgent reconfiguration.

The acts of abusing the journalists for exposing the governors they deemed honest while praising same journalists for listing the names of governors and politicians they deemed corrupt are worst than following path of apathy to Nigerian politics as do many market women and village farmers in Nigeria.

Democracy preaches the principles of the rule of law and the same law that is respecter of nobody whether perceived innocent or guilty. The demeanors of certain peeps on this forum reiterate the fact that Nigeria is far from being qualified as an entity to study democracy talk less of practice it.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by kech(f): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2010
Dede1:

Nigerians must come to grips with the fact that their country is a colonial contraption that needs serious and urgent reconfiguration.

The acts of abusing the journalists for exposing the governors they deemed honest while praising same journalists for listing the names of governors and politicians they deemed corrupt are worst than following path of apathy to Nigerian politics as do many market women and village farmers in Nigeria.

Democracy preaches the principles of the rule of law and the same law that is respecter of nobody whether perceived innocent or guilty.  The demeanors of certain peeps on this forum reiterate the fact that Nigeria is far from being qualified as an entity to study democracy talk less of practice it. 

Kobojunkie:

May I suggest you spend some actual time learning of democracy, your state constitution and maybe hanging out with some of the taxpayers who have taken it upon themselves to learn their right and what the Government ought to do for them? There is no point I continuing this back and forth with you since it is all too clear that you are willing to offer up conjecture and excuses rather than solid reasoning in the way of this issue

Thank you ooo. I just don't get it. The fact is we claim to be the most educated yet we are still very ignorant. Nigerians do not know their rights as citizens of the country and that's the big problem. We've been so used to being intimidated and oppressed that it's now seen as the norm. We've been socially conditioned to keep suffering and smiling. Take Lagos for example. A lot of the citizens are so used to the chaos and filth that any one that succdeeds in introducing any form of order into the state is deemed a god and to them, he can do no wrong. Fashola introduced BRT and everyone was hooked. He started planting flowers everywhere and people started celebrating as if the exchange rate just dropped to N1 = $1.  Don't get me wrong. It was a welcome development. The problem is people tend to lose sight of the fact that Fashola is there to SERVE US! He is doing that with OUR MONEY! He's a PUBLIC SERVANT! THAT IS HIS JOB!!!! If he does something good, we should commend him and demand more. That's what he's there for. Lagosians just assumed that since he started in what seemed like the right direction, he can do no wrong so they can sit on their butts and hope that he'll transform the state. In fact, which other governor has planted flowers? Fashola for 2011 jor!

Anyway, they say "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king". Nigerians know your rights ooo!! These people are there to SERVE YOU!!! Demand change, don't beg for it!! If they plants flowers on your street, thank them but tell them to finish the job by removing the trash next to it so the flowers can bloom properly. If they give you new buses, thank them but tell them to also fix the roads so that the buses can move about smoothly. Don't let anyone pacify you with handouts. You are entitled to more and THEY (those in power) KNOW IT!!!

Phew! Had to get that off my chest. Nigerians an be so frustrating. I can imagine what will happen if Jonathan succeeds in giving us constant power. He'll become the president for life!!!

Anyway, back to the topic. Fashola is not above corruption. He is though, innocent until proven guilty. If they can prove that he's guilty, then the law should take its course. It's time we start holding our leaders accountable. This is the kind of crap that gives people like Ibori and Babangida the effrontery to still walk this earth and shove their butts in our faces. Ibori's day is very near.  Babangida and the rest, your time is coming. It may not be now, but it will surely come. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So I don't know what democracy is or what the rights of citizens are? okay.  You seem to not know the angle from which I am viewing this issue. You still have not answered the question of what happens if the person who takes over simply goes and loots and continues that old ways. Unless there is a sure way to know that this whole thing is for real I will not give up BRF, who is practically the most performing governor in Nigeria.  An incorruptible law and order system has not been established in Nigeria so what makes you think that removing BRF is for the best. If you don't like BRF, please send him to my state so that he can work some wonders over there.

If Nigeria's law and order system was shaped the way it was, then I would be confident that if one governor is convicted of embezzling money, they rest who are doing the same will be more afraid, but unfortunately that is not the current situation. If BRF settled the Lagos Assembly, I bet you will hear them come out the next day and say that they have found him to be innocent and have dropped the probe.

You need to open your eyes and analyze this situation more accurately.
I don't know why you are so insensitive to the suffering of the avg. nigerian.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2010
trueword:

So I don't know what democracy is or what the rights of citizens are? okay.
I highly doubt it, because the evidence is all over your response so far.

trueword:

You seem to not know the angle from which I am viewing this issue. You still have not answered the question of what happens if the person who takes over simply goes and loots and continues that old ways.
Look, any angle that DOES NOT respect Democracy is NOT APPLICABLE, and we should even explore in this. You ask what if he is impeached and the next person is a looter. If that happens, we will deal with it when we get there. But to use that as reason to EXCUSE any current corruption is LUDICROUS and signs that we are not even ready for Change, even though we like to claim we are.

trueword:

Unless there is a sure way to know that this whole thing is for real I will not give up BRF, who is practically the most performing governor in Nigeria. An incorruptible law and order system has not been established in Nigeria so what makes you think that removing BRF is for the best. If you don't like BRF, please send him to my state so that he can work some wonders over there.
Because the current system is not perfect, you believe it is reason enough for people not to attempt to pursue justice and rule of law today? WOW!!! Seriously, dude, learn of your constitution and then of what you alienable rights in a democracy, as a resident of not just Lagos, but as a citizen of Nigeria, and the world.
If you don't like BRF? So, the people demanding information be provided them on how their money was spent DO NOT LIKE the governor, by the way you see it? Again, ignorance is not bliss please!
trueword:

You need to open your eyes and analyze this situation more accurately.
I don't know why you are so insensitive to the suffering of the avg. nigerian.
Insensitive to the suffering of the average Nigerian? So, it is OK for the average Nigerian to pay taxes and be denied information on how that hard earned money was spent? It is insensitive for tax payers to demand their DEMOCRATICALLY elected governor play his part in the democracy? Again, ignorance is not bliss please!
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by trueword: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I highly doubt it, because the evidence is all over your response so far.
Look, any angle that DOES NOT respect Democracy is NOT APPLICABLE, and we should even explore in this. You ask what if he is impeached and the next person is a looter. If that happens, we will deal with it when we get there. But to use that as reason to EXCUSE any current corruption is LUDICROUS and signs that we are not even ready for Change, even though we like to claim we are.
Because the current system is not perfect, you believe it is reason enough for people not to attempt to pursue justice and rule of law today? WOW!!! Seriously, dude, learn of your constitution and then of what you alienable rights in a democracy, as a resident of not just Lagos, but as a citizen of Nigeria, and the world.
If you don't like BRF? So, the people demanding information be provided them on how their money was spent DO NOT LIKE the governor, by the way you see it? Again, ignorance is not bliss please!Insensitive to the suffering of the average Nigerian? So, it is OK for the average Nigerian to pay taxes and be denied information on how that hard earned money was spent? It is insensitive for tax payers to demand their DEMOCRATICALLY elected governor play his part in the democracy? Again, ignorance is not bliss please!

So you will deal with the next person if they are corrupt? Very funny. have you dealt with the current  looting governors yet and you think you will be able to handle whatever comes out next? All it takes it for money to be shared around and everyone will keep quiet. Where were you during the 8 years of Tinubu as he was milking the state treasury? Why did you not try to remove him? Now you are hear hollering and screaming about BRF. You seem to be the type that keeps quiet when the real thieves are stealing, but seem to key on those that may be doing what they are supposed to. You would be more credible if you have not been trying to selectively remove BRF.
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by DrKitaun(m): 3:16am On Apr 25, 2010
Chei ! See wetin jet age dey cause!

Kobojunkie, which state do u hail from?

Where were u in the Oyinlola and Tinubu years?

Do u know that u also have a right to get ur erections on other state govs now that Farida has turned her spotlight on Lagos, so she can have something meaningful to do after she wastes 2 much time on BRF instead of BAT ?

Twats of no origin!
Re: Efcc Arrests Lagos Contractor- Tunji Olowolafe. by marvix(m): 9:52am On Apr 25, 2010
Kobo nd trueword u both hav ur points but kobo u must realise dat corruption in dis country is not well defined, failure 2 giv info on how taxpayers money is spent does not qualify as an offence in dis country but if u hav nothin to hide won't u go ahead to give full details of how it was spent? Political patronage is part of politics, do u think party membas who fight 2 make it 2 d cabinet do so because of d luv they hav 4 d pple, d ansa is NO, it is for their pecuniary gains, if a Fashola is eva goin 2 be able 2 tak a shot @ d presidency or leadership of d senate or any other higher political ofc can he do it without funds, which funds do u xpect him to use. The ACF plan 2 organise a prog where they want to attempt to define wat constitutes corruption.

In our enviroment if a man gives u a job or helps u get a job u are xpected 2 show gratitude nd dis is wat politicians demand if I help u 2 bcom Gov u shld show appreciation, if Gov gives u contract u shld show appreciation nd dis is wat is demanded as kick back, say we rily luk @ corrupt acts nd legalise some aspects by providin 4 instance a commission be made legally available 2 whoeva gives out a job.

The vagueness of d term corruption nd its very wide scope makes almost all if not all our govt officials victim of dis sin, or is it not a corrupt act 4 d paying officer in d ministry 2 receive gratification frm a contractor for doin his job but this happens evrywhere so d day anybody is ready 2 deal with dat kind of ofica it wld just be 2 bring d case up. A lot of Nigerians leave above their means even d poor in d society are livin above wat they earn dis is possible because of corruption, workers can survive witout salaries 4 6mths nd wen u ask they claim d grace of God, in a developed society like America can any worker survive witout his salary 4 6mths, it is simply impossible.

Yes Fashola may be guilty but he is not d only guilty one in Nigeria but this also does not excuse him nd if d powers dat be decide dat his day of reckonin has come y shld I cry 4 him? Did I share in d loot?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethnic Tension: Nigerian Army Telephone Numbers / Okorocha Resumes, Donates N200,000 To Accident Victim / Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.